Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? 11:00 - Aug 16 with 21183 viewsunion_jack

Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:03 - Aug 16 with 18222 viewsunion_jack

I'm concerned as to how many on here think Bony will be the player that left us for Man City.

He most definitely won't be imo. It would be an awful move especially if it meant Llorente going somewhere else.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:10 - Aug 16 with 18175 viewsSTID2017

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:03 - Aug 16 by union_jack

I'm concerned as to how many on here think Bony will be the player that left us for Man City.

He most definitely won't be imo. It would be an awful move especially if it meant Llorente going somewhere else.

Just like Siggy wasn't the player who left us (albeit after a loan period) for Spurs or Curtis wasn't the player who left us for Leeds ?
We are totally different from the big clubs where even great players get lost in the wealth of talent available.
So many players are deemed not good enough for the big clubs, doesn't make them bad players or lesser players than they were before

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:10 - Aug 16 with 18164 viewsTheResurrection

it's not definite by any stretch. He could very well have a similar impact.

And regardless of that, I'm more than confident he'll be a lot more useful than "the option" of Llorente.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:11 - Aug 16 with 18174 viewsAngelRangelQS

Assuming that this business about him being older than 28 is rubbish, I don't understand the logic behind people saying he wont be the same player.

He may not have played much over the last couple of years and he may be rusty but he hasn't forgotten how to play football, he hasn't suffered any injuries and he should still, in theory, be near the peak of his career.

You're basically judging him on a failed spell at City (where plenty of decent players have struggled) and half a season at Stoke. It seems very little evidence to suggest that he's finished as a player.
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:14 - Aug 16 with 18144 viewsSTID2017

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:10 - Aug 16 by TheResurrection

it's not definite by any stretch. He could very well have a similar impact.

And regardless of that, I'm more than confident he'll be a lot more useful than "the option" of Llorente.

Difference is with Llorente that in spite of his delayed start, he'll be up and running in a couple of weeks.
Could take Wilf a while longer to get back up to match fitness.
However still like to see both here

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:17 - Aug 16 with 18119 viewsJackSomething

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:11 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

Assuming that this business about him being older than 28 is rubbish, I don't understand the logic behind people saying he wont be the same player.

He may not have played much over the last couple of years and he may be rusty but he hasn't forgotten how to play football, he hasn't suffered any injuries and he should still, in theory, be near the peak of his career.

You're basically judging him on a failed spell at City (where plenty of decent players have struggled) and half a season at Stoke. It seems very little evidence to suggest that he's finished as a player.

I wouldn't be surprised if those who don't want Bony back because of his struggles since leaving us are the same people who were unhappy with signing Llorente last summer. He'd had a couple of substandard seasons himself after all.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:23 - Aug 16 with 18081 viewsawayjack

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:10 - Aug 16 by STID2017

Just like Siggy wasn't the player who left us (albeit after a loan period) for Spurs or Curtis wasn't the player who left us for Leeds ?
We are totally different from the big clubs where even great players get lost in the wealth of talent available.
So many players are deemed not good enough for the big clubs, doesn't make them bad players or lesser players than they were before

Worry with Bony is his he looked very slow in body and mind last year. Yes we can potentially sort this but Lorrente is much better player, so just see Bony as bench warmer that'll not do his confidence / match fitness any good. A
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:28 - Aug 16 with 18040 viewsTheResurrection

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:23 - Aug 16 by awayjack

Worry with Bony is his he looked very slow in body and mind last year. Yes we can potentially sort this but Lorrente is much better player, so just see Bony as bench warmer that'll not do his confidence / match fitness any good. A

No way will Bony be on the bench.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:32 - Aug 16 with 18018 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bony relied a lot on Gylfi, just saying.
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:36 - Aug 16 with 17978 viewsJackSomething

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:32 - Aug 16 by Treforys_Jack

Bony relied a lot on Gylfi, just saying.

Apart from those 25 goals in his first season (while Gylfi was at Spurs) you mean?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:42 - Aug 16 with 17949 viewspencoedjack

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:17 - Aug 16 by JackSomething

I wouldn't be surprised if those who don't want Bony back because of his struggles since leaving us are the same people who were unhappy with signing Llorente last summer. He'd had a couple of substandard seasons himself after all.

I was in the pro Llorente signing but not in resigning Wilf ......

Anyway there is no way both of those will be at the club come Sept 1st.

I am still hopeful PC's contacts in Europe will come to fruition in the next few days & some exciting names other than Chadli/Bony will be signing.

Chadli I wouldn't mind but nowhere near the 25 million being touted.
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:43 - Aug 16 with 17945 viewsTreforys_Jack

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:36 - Aug 16 by JackSomething

Apart from those 25 goals in his first season (while Gylfi was at Spurs) you mean?

Eh ! Thought he only scored 25 goals over his entire time with us , but I'm happy to retract my previous post. Bony did not rely on Gylfi.
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:45 - Aug 16 with 17925 viewsSwanjaxs

Not for me, a cheeky bid for Shane Long though? 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:46 - Aug 16 with 17912 viewslondonlisa2001

Far prefer us to sign a more flexible, quicker, younger! forward than Bony, however fantastic he was for us.

Able to play across the front 3 positions. Particularly if we are talking £12m and upwards of £70k a week.
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:03 - Aug 16 with 17812 viewsawayjack

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:28 - Aug 16 by TheResurrection

No way will Bony be on the bench.

Don't think PC would drop Llorente (if he's not sold!), so do you think we'd change from diamond to accommodate then both?
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:10 - Aug 16 with 17782 viewsAngelRangelQS

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:03 - Aug 16 by awayjack

Don't think PC would drop Llorente (if he's not sold!), so do you think we'd change from diamond to accommodate then both?

No way they'll both play - it'll be the slowest front line in the history of football
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:12 - Aug 16 with 17762 viewsEasternJack

Bony needs games and love.... give him that and he'll score goals

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:14 - Aug 16 with 17747 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:10 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

No way they'll both play - it'll be the slowest front line in the history of football

And the oldest.
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:15 - Aug 16 with 17740 viewsAngelRangelQS

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:14 - Aug 16 by londonlisa2001

And the oldest.

Are you still banging the Bony is older than he's saying drum?
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:18 - Aug 16 with 17721 viewsBLAZE

I'm pleased to see the move gaining a little support. I remember sitting in front of Planet Swans 12 months ago reading all the reasons why Llorente was a spent force. That turned out alright.
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:18 - Aug 16 with 17718 viewssP7qupUf

My concern is not so much the lack of game time over the last two years but the fact that despite Stike not able to buy a goal for a significant period during the second half of last season he still couldn't get a game.
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:23 - Aug 16 with 17691 viewsJackSkellington

Sorry, does anyone actually remember how phenomenal Bony's hold up play was? He could just stand there holding the ball, immovable like an oak tree, fending the opposition off while our snail pace midfield caught up with him to get into attacking positions. After seeing us barely get out of our half at Southampton, we need someone capable of that hold up play. I'd be very happy to see him back with us.
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:32 - Aug 16 with 17641 viewskarnataka

I'm not against having Wilf back per se, just depends on a) how he would be used and how often, b) how much he would cost us and c) how much he would be paid to do whatever the answer to a) is.
Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:34 - Aug 16 with 17620 viewsGroo

He's had on and off field problems since he's left, he's not the player that left. He's also used to big money for doing naff all.

Big mistake in my view to resign him, look elsewhere.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 12:39]

Groo does what Groo does best

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 12:39 - Aug 16 with 17598 viewsGroo

Bony - Would You Want Him Back? on 11:11 - Aug 16 by AngelRangelQS

erm, yes he has suffered injuries.

He's had ankle and calf issues.

Groo does what Groo does best

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024