Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clucas 17:47 - Aug 19 with 46815 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Clucas on 21:13 - Aug 19 with 5128 viewsSmellyplumz

Clucas on 21:00 - Aug 19 by hobo

Last season was his first playing in the Premier League, and it resulted in 3 goals and 1 assist
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 21:04]

Huwbs has a quivering boner reading that.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Clucas on 21:13 - Aug 19 with 5124 viewshobo

Clucas on 21:07 - Aug 19 by icecoldjack

That's a worry for me .

People think Routs is ineffective - yet last season Routs had the exact same goal/assist stats despite starting 12 games less
Clucas on 21:14 - Aug 19 with 5116 viewsEbo

Signings like this are the kind that got us into this shit in the first place. Far too expensive for a very very average player who is no better than Cork. When will we ever learn?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Clucas on 21:23 - Aug 19 with 5051 viewsVetchfielder

Clucas on 21:14 - Aug 19 by Ebo

Signings like this are the kind that got us into this shit in the first place. Far too expensive for a very very average player who is no better than Cork. When will we ever learn?

I think that Sam Clucas is much better than Cork. This guy is an attack oriented central midfielder who carries the ball forward. Other posters mentioning his goals but that's not his strength, he's not that sort of player, and we need to buy somebody else eg Chadli to try and replace Siggy.
I am confident that Clucas will improve our midfield but he is not a Siggy type player, I see him more in the style of Darren Pratley

Proud to have been one of the 231

Clucas on 21:23 - Aug 19 with 5048 viewsE20Jack

Clucas on 21:13 - Aug 19 by hobo

People think Routs is ineffective - yet last season Routs had the exact same goal/assist stats despite starting 12 games less

He is a holding/defensive midfielder though isn't he?

Leon Britton was our savior according to many last season and one of our most consistent players ever.... He has NEVER scored in the PL and has recorded only ONE assist in 6 years.

People need to stop looking at these sort of stats and judging a player in my opinion.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Clucas on 21:24 - Aug 19 with 5027 views34dfgdf54

Clucas on 21:23 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

Leon Britton was our savior according to many last season and one of our most consistent players ever.... He has NEVER scored in the PL and has recorded only ONE assist in 6 years.

People need to stop looking at these sort of stats and judging a player in my opinion.

From the video he looks like a left winger!
Clucas on 21:26 - Aug 19 with 5007 viewshobo

Clucas on 21:23 - Aug 19 by E20Jack

He's a winger hence the Routledge comparison
Clucas on 21:26 - Aug 19 with 5007 viewsE20Jack

Clucas on 21:24 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

From the video he looks like a left winger!

I am pretty sure he is a central midfielder. This season he has played twice as a CM and once as a DM.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Login to get fewer ads

Clucas on 21:26 - Aug 19 with 5004 viewsGTCJack

Good views on him here
http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-burnley-fa
Clucas on 21:28 - Aug 19 with 4992 viewsJango

Clucas on 21:13 - Aug 19 by hobo

Totally different positions mun. The same people were moaning about Carrol and Olson in January. Jesus give him a chance if he's coming in. He was one of hulls best players in his first year. In the league. I don't seem to remember joe Allen getting loads of goals and assists in his first season in the prem yet he was good enough Liverpool.
Clucas on 21:28 - Aug 19 with 4976 viewsEilian

Thought this was a nice video of his back ground.

I have to be honest. I like the idea of someone who a good range of passing ability, the ability to break up play, along with a high work rate. the most interesting thing is his ability to run with the ball like a winger, but he would be doing it from a quite deep position.

He wouldn't have been top of my list by a country mile. He does intrigue me though.
Clucas on 21:29 - Aug 19 with 4972 viewspostman

not so long ago gylfi was out on loan to lower league clubs this player have come up from lower league clubs sign him up asap
Clucas on 21:30 - Aug 19 with 4952 viewsBytholWyn

If we are signing him let's make sure we don't make the simplistic assumption that he's a direct replacement for Siggy. He clearly is not. If anything he's there to challenge Fer for the box-to-box role, and to provide all-round versatility. He's played left back, left wing as well as in more central areas for Hull last season. He even played a couple of games at centre back (and did well by all accounts) - which isn't that surprising when you consider he's 6'2".

If we sign Clucas it's as a Jack of all Trades (hopefully not master of none) all-rounder. His contribution would have to be seen in this light.
Clucas on 21:30 - Aug 19 with 4944 viewsWarwickHunt

He's more one-footed than Darran.
Clucas on 21:33 - Aug 19 with 4906 viewsEilian

Clucas on 21:23 - Aug 19 by Vetchfielder

I think that Sam Clucas is much better than Cork. This guy is an attack oriented central midfielder who carries the ball forward. Other posters mentioning his goals but that's not his strength, he's not that sort of player, and we need to buy somebody else eg Chadli to try and replace Siggy.
I am confident that Clucas will improve our midfield but he is not a Siggy type player, I see him more in the style of Darren Pratley

That's the impression I get also
Clucas on 21:50 - Aug 19 with 4815 viewsjasfan

Clucas on 21:23 - Aug 19 by Vetchfielder

We haven't had a midfielder who can carry the ball forward since Jonathan Deguzman so Sam Clucas could address that shortcoming. It's certainly needed. He is also quite a competitive player so will add some bite and leadership to our midfield.
Clucas on 23:11 - Aug 19 with 4644 viewssomersetsimon

Clucas on 21:50 - Aug 19 by jasfan

We haven't had a midfielder who can carry the ball forward since Jonathan Deguzman so Sam Clucas could address that shortcoming. It's certainly needed. He is also quite a competitive player so will add some bite and leadership to our midfield.

So a middle 3 of Carroll, Mesa and Clucas with Chadli and Ayew out wide and Abraham up front?
Clucas on 23:15 - Aug 19 with 4611 viewsSwansea93

Clucas on 23:11 - Aug 19 by somersetsimon

So a middle 3 of Carroll, Mesa and Clucas with Chadli and Ayew out wide and Abraham up front?

I think Llorente will be starting with Abraham behind.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Clucas on 23:20 - Aug 19 with 4576 viewsWhiterockin

None of which were with us before christmas of last year. PC has his team evolving.
Clucas on 23:23 - Aug 19 with 4548 viewsclloy2

Clucas on 23:20 - Aug 19 by Whiterockin

None of which were with us before christmas of last year. PC has his team evolving.

I just hope PC is involved in player recruitment. HJ should be kept as as far away as possible from player recruitment. To me we seem to be on the back foot now. Surely the board have known since May GS was going, why haven't players been lined up in advance.
Clucas on 23:32 - Aug 19 with 4500 viewsSwansea93

I thought we had players ready to come in as soon as Sigurdsson was sold according to PC

Clucas on 23:46 - Aug 19 with 4452 viewsJackSkellington

Clucas on 20:48 - Aug 19 by Landore_Jack

Is Clucas our second option if we cannot sign Chadli? I assume they both play in the same position?

Chadli is mainly a winger who can also play as an AM, I think Clucas is more of a central midfielder. Would expect Chadli to be coming in as an upgrade to Routledge's role.
Clucas on 23:48 - Aug 19 with 4436 viewsSwansea93

He's probably the plan B for Joe Allen.

Clucas on 09:04 - Aug 20 with 4201 viewsSPboy

Still trying to get my head around this. The club has known that Sigurdsson wanted to leave since last May and the best options identified are Clucas & Chadli ?
Clucas on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 4157 viewscostalotta

If we do end up going for clucas I think he can play in various positions across he MF.

It's all about PC having the options to change things with quality which we don't have anywhere near or right now. For me, it's a little underwhelming as we seem to gamble too much on players who have been relegated and Sam is another.

Of course it's all going to depend on our formation. I think he might better suited to the 3 at the back set up where his strengths compliment our other MF players such as Carrol, Mesa and Fer.

So in a 532

Fab

Ollson
Naughton,

Barkley,
Fernandez,
Mawson

Mesa / Leon
Carrol / ki
Clucas / fer

Tammy / ayew
Llorente
Or with wingers in a 4231 (433)

Fab
Ollson
Naughton
Fernandez
Mawson
Mesa
Carrol
Clucas
Ki
Ayew
Llorente or Tammy

Obviously this is without considering other potential signings such as Chadli, Bony or Snodgrass.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024