Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? 13:30 - Aug 29 with 7159 viewsdickythorpe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/wales/41074513

Against the spirit of the game I think.
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 13:50 - Aug 29 with 7136 viewsPegojack

Against the spirit of the game, yes, but I note that Carew's opponents won the toss but elected to field. If they'd elected to bat and scored eighty or more runs, then gone on to win the match, they would have got the required batting points and won the league title. Bit of a clanger dropped.

EDIT: no, ignore that, it would have all come down to who earned what bonus points.....stick to football, boys, it's simpler.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 15:20]
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 15:35 - Aug 29 with 7017 viewsBrynCartwright

T'aint right, T'aint fit, T'aint fair, T'aint proper

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 15:55 - Aug 29 with 6989 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 15:35 - Aug 29 by BrynCartwright

T'aint right, T'aint fit, T'aint fair, T'aint proper

It's just not cricket.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 16:10 - Aug 29 with 6966 viewssherpajacob

18-1 after 15 balls seems a pretty decent start..

I recall in a cricket world cup match steve Waugh batting to simply not get out, but losing the match because they'd worked out they would go through on run rate or something like that, happy to be corrected with the full facts, but it made strange viewing.

A points deduction for Carew may seem in order.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 16:21 - Aug 29 with 6934 viewsDarran

I'm not being funny but isnt there a cricket forum for this kind of shit?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 16:45 - Aug 29 with 6884 viewssherpajacob

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 16:21 - Aug 29 by Darran

Do you mean the planet swans non-football forum?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 16:48 - Aug 29 with 6875 viewsmax936

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 16:45 - Aug 29 by sherpajacob

Do you mean the planet swans non-football forum?

Take no notice, he's just a bit Thick.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 16:58 - Aug 29 with 6854 viewsjackharris

I think they are chicken shïts for not trying to win the title properly in a championship/league decider. If I had settled down there with 24 cans of Bow for the day (with the weather we had) and they had done that each of those Carew cünts would have had a can of Bow between their eyes. Just Not Cricket!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Login to get fewer ads

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 17:10 - Aug 29 with 6833 viewsAl_Bundy

Well if you play in a league where you can declare then this will happen.

Most leagues also have a ruling that 20 overs are needed to be bowled to get a result.

Welshy village cricket rules
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 17:12 - Aug 29 with 6821 viewsDarran

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 16:58 - Aug 29 by jackharris

I think they are chicken shïts for not trying to win the title properly in a championship/league decider. If I had settled down there with 24 cans of Bow for the day (with the weather we had) and they had done that each of those Carew cünts would have had a can of Bow between their eyes. Just Not Cricket!

If you had settled down there with 24 cans of Bow for the day you'd have been sleeping by lunch. 🤣

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 17:15 - Aug 29 with 6816 viewsmax936

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 17:10 - Aug 29 by Al_Bundy

Well if you play in a league where you can declare then this will happen.

Most leagues also have a ruling that 20 overs are needed to be bowled to get a result.

Welshy village cricket rules

Used to play 20 overs Cricket for Neath Barflies very enjoyable, compared to most Saturday and Sunday games I played some notable occasions aside.

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 18:45 - Aug 29 with 6708 viewsAl_Bundy

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 17:15 - Aug 29 by max936

Used to play 20 overs Cricket for Neath Barflies very enjoyable, compared to most Saturday and Sunday games I played some notable occasions aside.

I prefer 20 over cricket now to be honest..

I play 50 over cricket on a Saturday and bat at 5 so get in around the 30-35 overs so freedom to go big.

Downside is in the field for 50 overs... usually kills me by the 40th
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 18:58 - Aug 29 with 6679 viewsmax936

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 18:45 - Aug 29 by Al_Bundy

I prefer 20 over cricket now to be honest..

I play 50 over cricket on a Saturday and bat at 5 so get in around the 30-35 overs so freedom to go big.

Downside is in the field for 50 overs... usually kills me by the 40th

I batted 3 or 4 mostly, but I also bowled so was involved throughout the game, but I still used to prefer the 20 over Barflies games great bit of fun on a nice Thursday evening, I miss those Thursday nights

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 20:11 - Aug 29 with 6585 viewsDaggyjack

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 16:21 - Aug 29 by Darran

No need to post a reply if you don't like the subject.
Why the need to constantly criticise things, you sound very glass half empty?
Considering the amount of rubbish put on this forum, football or otherwise, at least this topic is a Welsh-related story.
The clue is in the title Dar, maybe scroll past it if you aren't interested?
Oh and by the way, Carew were out of order in what they did.
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 20:13 - Aug 29 with 6579 viewsdickythorpe

Cresselly I am learning aren't the brightest of sparks when winning the toss I'm hearing. Earlier this season they played an injury ravaged Whitland team, won the toss and put them into bat!!!!
If they'd batted first they'd have easily got over 200 which in the Pembs league means they would have had maximum batting bonus points and once you get over 200 the opposition have to get those runs. (So I've been told)

What a confusing game!!!!!
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 20:23 - Aug 29 with 6566 viewsCountyJim

Glamorgan did a similar thing few years back to stop opo getting bonus points or thier over rate up can't remember which
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 22:29 - Aug 29 with 6432 viewsploppy

Wrong. A hefty points deduction should sort it out. I would hope the league has the power to do that.

Mind you, unsportsmanlike conduct in local league cricket is nothing new. Played in a local derby back in the day. The opposition opening batsman, who was a notorious slow scorer, suddenly developed an injury and retired hurt when it started to rain lightly. Throwing his wicket would have been bad for his batting average. His replacement was sent in to throw the bat - he obviously expected a rain affected match and a curtailed innings. He recovered remarkably well though and opened the bowling when it was our turn to bat. We lost - not sour grapes nor nothing.
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 22:53 - Aug 29 with 6393 viewsAl_Bundy

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 20:13 - Aug 29 by dickythorpe

Cresselly I am learning aren't the brightest of sparks when winning the toss I'm hearing. Earlier this season they played an injury ravaged Whitland team, won the toss and put them into bat!!!!
If they'd batted first they'd have easily got over 200 which in the Pembs league means they would have had maximum batting bonus points and once you get over 200 the opposition have to get those runs. (So I've been told)

What a confusing game!!!!!

It can work 2 ways.. either score 200 or 225 which would give you 5 batting points, then bowl out the opposition (10 wkts) and pick up 5 bowling points and 10 points for winning.

Alternatively, you could bowl a team out for 50 if they bat first, you would get 5 bowling points then if you got 51 for 0 you get points for wickets in hand x5 points chasing so you can still get 20 points.

Carew denied the batting points to the opposition and nearly all the bowling points so they only got the points for winning the game which wasn't enough
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 12:42 - Aug 30 with 6211 viewsJJJack

I play for Bohemians in Bristol and as we're on tour, been discussing this: It can't happen in the Bristol and District leagues- no declarations allowed. A team declared a few weeks ago to try and ensure a result as rain was pending. They won the match. But the result was quickly reversed. They'll learn! The worse crime (especially for me, as a Captain) is not knowing the league rules.....
Last year we won our Division despite winning less games and losing more than 2nd placed Twyford House. Their skipper had a meltdown on social media. Turned out we only won because I'd submitted all our Fair Play forms (worth 2pts per game) and he hadn't . Dull kunt. He got slaughtered on the FB site as effectively he was single handedly responsible for them not overhauling us....😂
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 00:43 - Sep 27 with 5571 viewsploppy

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 12:42 - Aug 30 by JJJack

I play for Bohemians in Bristol and as we're on tour, been discussing this: It can't happen in the Bristol and District leagues- no declarations allowed. A team declared a few weeks ago to try and ensure a result as rain was pending. They won the match. But the result was quickly reversed. They'll learn! The worse crime (especially for me, as a Captain) is not knowing the league rules.....
Last year we won our Division despite winning less games and losing more than 2nd placed Twyford House. Their skipper had a meltdown on social media. Turned out we only won because I'd submitted all our Fair Play forms (worth 2pts per game) and he hadn't . Dull kunt. He got slaughtered on the FB site as effectively he was single handedly responsible for them not overhauling us....😂

Carew relegated for 'unfair' play. Remain as champions though.
Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 07:38 - Sep 27 with 5487 viewsbuilthjack

Isn't that the exact opposite of what most people thought?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Carew cricket club. Right or wrong? on 19:36 - Sep 27 with 5322 viewsdickythorpe

Their seconds get relegated as well. Bunch of numpties!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024