Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bent over a barrell 07:59 - Sep 1 with 5132 viewsmagicdaps10

Sorry but I think we have been done over in this window by the board.

The team should be priority but it is obvious that 30m is earmarked for something else. It seems a squad has been built in hope rather than confidence.

Excellent signing in Sanches and our hand was forced in Siggy and Llorente but with the money from them......we had a chance to replace with more quality.

Well done with getting rid of the half dozen or so deadwood, with them gone we could have brought in a couple of good quality players....we didnt.

Numbers are down, quality level is unknown at present but the bank account is up.

I have faith in PC and I just hope he keeps his good work going. We have money for Jan, I just hope we are not playing catch up.

On to the rest of the season....my faith lays 100% with PC.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bent over a barrell on 08:06 - Sep 1 with 3391 viewsawayjack

Yup. I don't get why people can't add a few numbers together, and that we'll have £70m on so in extra profits when you add wage cuts and extra Sky money. It'll be in testing to see tables of net spend this window but suspect we'll be at bottom again as others have reinvested extra TV money into squad. Net we've sold our best two players for £60m and replaced them with two promising loanees in Tammy and Sanches that we'll get zero future value on. Rightly the Board and Yanks continue to play our fans like morons. We reap what we sow.
Bent over a barrell on 08:12 - Sep 1 with 3351 viewsjakarmi

30M? Not sure where you get that from. The official stats say 19.1M in profit.
Good business as far as i'm concerned. 12-15M for a soon to be 33yr old in the last year of his contract.
The surplus can be used in January if necessary, (or next summer when we'll have to replace Tammy and Sanches).
Can you imagine the uproar on here if we had nothing to spend in Jan?
What people have got to realise is that a club like ours simply cant operate in the negative in every transfer window.
Bent over a barrell on 08:14 - Sep 1 with 3336 viewsDr_Winston

Bent over a barrell on 08:12 - Sep 1 by jakarmi

Good business as far as i'm concerned. 12-15M for a soon to be 33yr old in the last year of his contract.
The surplus can be used in January if necessary, (or next summer when we'll have to replace Tammy and Sanches).
What people have got to realise is that a club like ours simply cant operate in the negative in every transfer window.

Simple common sense.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bent over a barrell on 08:16 - Sep 1 with 3309 viewsTheResurrection

Magic daps you seriously have not got a clue what you're talking about.

Please stop feeding fellow mugs.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Bent over a barrell on 08:21 - Sep 1 with 3250 viewsraynor94

Superb post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bent over a barrell on 08:21 - Sep 1 with 3248 viewsmahoss

I think it's been a great window.
We now have money to spend in January if we need to.
What was the alternative,spend £26m on Chadli,I can imagine what the reaction would have been on here if we had !
Bent over a barrell on 08:25 - Sep 1 with 3210 viewsmagicdaps10

Bent over a barrell on 08:16 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Magic daps you seriously have not got a clue what you're talking about.

Please stop feeding fellow mugs.

Thats your opinion not a fact Res, this is something you have trouble with!!

It will come with age, the understanding and realisation of opinion and fact.......saying that, some on here old enough too know dont seem to grasp it.

People will agree, people will not.........only one thing you can change, work on it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bent over a barrell on 08:27 - Sep 1 with 3195 viewsNirvana

Can you imagine the uproar if we're in the relegation zone come January, Jakarmi?

I have seen the profit near £30m on several respected sites, I have not seen the £19.1m figure. Where did you get that from?

That 33 year old scored 15 goals last season, many of them incredibly important to our survival. It isn't £15m, it was £12m. That is not a good deal, last year of his contract or not. The cost of relegation is far higher, I wish this point would stop being raised. It doesn't really make any sense when you factor in the loan fees for Abraham/Sanches. They won't be with us next season, either, so to your point why are we wasting that money?

There is a BIG difference between negative and the profit we made this window, and there is absolutely no guarantee that will be spent in January. Naive to assume that'll be available then.
Login to get fewer ads

Bent over a barrell on 08:31 - Sep 1 with 3173 viewsGriffting

Pleased with first 11.
Little worried about options from the bench especially attacking.
Don't think it was a bad window overall.
Bent over a barrell on 08:39 - Sep 1 with 3099 viewsLandore_Jack

SWANSEA CITY

In

Wilfried Bony - Man City, £12m

Sam Clucas - Hull, £16.5m

Roque Mesa - Las Palmas, £11m

Renato Sanches - Bayern Munich, loan

Tammy Abraham - Chelsea, loan

Cian Harries - Coventry, undisclosed

Marc Walsh - Finn Harps, free

Erwin Mulder - Heerenveen, free

Courtney Baker-Richardson - Leamington, free

Steven Benda - TSV 1860 Munich, undisclosed

Out

Fernando Llorente - Tottenham, £12.1m

Jack Cork - Burnley, undisclosed

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Everton, £45m

Gerhard Tremmel - retired

Marvin Emnes - Akhisar Belediyespor, free

Mark Birighitti - NAC Breda, free

Liam Shephard - Peterborough, free

Josh Vickers - Lincoln, free

Owain Jones - released

Tom Dyson - released

Tom Holland - The New Saints, free

Alex Samuel - Stevenage, undisclosed

Borja Baston - Malaga, loan

Jordi Amat - Real Betis, loan

Bafatembi Gomis - Galatasary, undisclosed

Daniel James - Shrewsbury, loan

Franck Tabanou - released

Liam Edwards - Hull, free

Keston Davies - Yeovil, loan

Connor Roberts - Middlesbrough, loan

Modou Barrow - Reading, £1.5m

Matt Grimes - Northampton, loan

Stephen Kingsley - Hull, undisclosed

Botti Biabi - Hamilton, loan

Oli McBurnie - Barnsley, loan

#backtojack

Bent over a barrell on 08:39 - Sep 1 with 3101 viewsSPboy

Not our worst transfer window but in the overall picture fairly underwhelming for me.

From Sky Sports: "Only five clubs registered a net profit from transfer dealings, led by Swansea with +£19.5m in the black."

With 24 players also leaving the club, I am sure all the wise businessmen on here will be telling us what good business we have done.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11662/11015137/premier-league-transfers-h

The club has had an opportunity to strengthen its player base with quality but instead has taken a punt on a couple of youngsters on loan and a journeyman who has hardly played in 3 seasons. Hopefully it will pay off. If it doesn't at least there should be plenty of free cash available in January though I somehow have my doubts it will all be available.

I wonder how happy PC will be with the club business. Aside from the 2 kids that he has had a big say on the rest of the business looks pretty dire from where I am sitting. Is the squad really stronger now that at the end of the last window ?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 8:41]
Bent over a barrell on 08:40 - Sep 1 with 3087 viewscsf

Bent over a barrell on 08:27 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

Can you imagine the uproar if we're in the relegation zone come January, Jakarmi?

I have seen the profit near £30m on several respected sites, I have not seen the £19.1m figure. Where did you get that from?

That 33 year old scored 15 goals last season, many of them incredibly important to our survival. It isn't £15m, it was £12m. That is not a good deal, last year of his contract or not. The cost of relegation is far higher, I wish this point would stop being raised. It doesn't really make any sense when you factor in the loan fees for Abraham/Sanches. They won't be with us next season, either, so to your point why are we wasting that money?

There is a BIG difference between negative and the profit we made this window, and there is absolutely no guarantee that will be spent in January. Naive to assume that'll be available then.

Just looking at this link it says £15m 5th paragraph in. I don't tend to know which sites are which when it comes to how close to the facts they are or their sources but the BBC have to be pretty solid don't they??
Bent over a barrell on 08:47 - Sep 1 with 3036 viewsPrivate_Partz

We certainly can't. What we need though is a top scouting system that can bring in quality young players so we can sell on at a profit before the next recruit comes in.
We have none of this other than Clem's contacts and Jenkins will never allow him full control.
Btw. Where is the 'next level' ?. Weren't the Yanks brought in so they could take us there by investing? All they have done is line the pockets of the Sellouts in preparation to sell us on at a profit.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bent over a barrell on 08:52 - Sep 1 with 3012 viewsswansea68

Well said. I stated in another thread that people on this forum are experts in running a club. Last January we were bottom. Those ppl would NOT have picked Carrol Ayew Olsen plus Manson before that. They would habe spent £50/60m to try and get out of the mess as that's their mentality. And if that had failed we be knackered. Look how many clubs have tried to buy their way out of trouble and failed. Jenkins may not have been honest in hid dealings but he won't jeopardise the future of the club.
Bent over a barrell on 08:52 - Sep 1 with 3012 viewspikeypaul

Since you know the official stats post them it is way over £19.1 million since Corks fee is undisclosed and not been added.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 8:57]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Bent over a barrell on 08:56 - Sep 1 with 2979 viewsmax936

I would have liked to have seen a Right Back and probably a decent winger, another potential worry is that if Bony doesn't hit the heights or is injured we've only Tammy there, Clement obviously knows this so if hopefully got a plan up his sleeve to cover this, but getting Sanchez which seems a bit of a coup and Bony back is better than I thought we'd get, plus we've got a lot of wastage off the wage bill, so not a bad window with it all considered.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bent over a barrell on 08:58 - Sep 1 with 2957 viewsNirvana

Bent over a barrell on 08:40 - Sep 1 by csf

Just looking at this link it says £15m 5th paragraph in. I don't tend to know which sites are which when it comes to how close to the facts they are or their sources but the BBC have to be pretty solid don't they??

You have to provide the link too, CSF, as I've no idea what article you're referring to. (It's okay, just a harmless mistake)

But here's Sky Sports:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11013439/fernando-llorente-joins-to

Key quote (and Balague is generally spot on, especially concerning anything Spanish-related):

"And Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Guillem Balague believes the agreed fee to be £12.1m (€13m)."
Bent over a barrell on 08:59 - Sep 1 with 2950 viewsTheResurrection

Bent over a barrell on 08:27 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

Go back to your respected sites and YouTube you humiliation

Can you share any more enigmatic letters from Clements favourite ever player Viera?

You had me in tears last time

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Bent over a barrell on 09:03 - Sep 1 with 2910 viewscsf

Bent over a barrell on 08:58 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

You have to provide the link too, CSF, as I've no idea what article you're referring to. (It's okay, just a harmless mistake)

But here's Sky Sports:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11013439/fernando-llorente-joins-to

Key quote (and Balague is generally spot on, especially concerning anything Spanish-related):

"And Sky Sports' Spanish football expert Guillem Balague believes the agreed fee to be £12.1m (€13m)."

Sorry!! Here hit is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41117302
Bent over a barrell on 09:08 - Sep 1 with 2858 viewsPegojack

Bent over a barrell on 08:56 - Sep 1 by max936

I would have liked to have seen a Right Back and probably a decent winger, another potential worry is that if Bony doesn't hit the heights or is injured we've only Tammy there, Clement obviously knows this so if hopefully got a plan up his sleeve to cover this, but getting Sanchez which seems a bit of a coup and Bony back is better than I thought we'd get, plus we've got a lot of wastage off the wage bill, so not a bad window with it all considered.

Sorry, Max, but you were warned....you're banned. Sanches is spelt with an 's'!
Bent over a barrell on 09:12 - Sep 1 with 2833 viewsNirvana

Bent over a barrell on 08:59 - Sep 1 by TheResurrection

Go back to your respected sites and YouTube you humiliation

Can you share any more enigmatic letters from Clements favourite ever player Viera?

You had me in tears last time

Awww, little res is getting all worked up so early in the morning.

Imagine that.

White knight are you, fighting Dimi's battle here?

He's been put in his place, as have you numerous times. Remember your little sabbatical last season? Ha, "not hiding".

Please, tell us all again about Hull's "brave decisions" in January.

Or Bradley's superb coaching and managing skills.

Or how Siggy isn't even worth £15m, and you'd rather have Izzy ffukkingg Brown.

I think you get the picture.
Bent over a barrell on 09:16 - Sep 1 with 2804 viewsmajorraglan

Bent over a barrell on 08:06 - Sep 1 by awayjack

Yup. I don't get why people can't add a few numbers together, and that we'll have £70m on so in extra profits when you add wage cuts and extra Sky money. It'll be in testing to see tables of net spend this window but suspect we'll be at bottom again as others have reinvested extra TV money into squad. Net we've sold our best two players for £60m and replaced them with two promising loanees in Tammy and Sanches that we'll get zero future value on. Rightly the Board and Yanks continue to play our fans like morons. We reap what we sow.

It will have been a good transfer window if the club is still in the Premier League at the end of the season. I can see both sides of the coin re selling Llorente.

I get the points being made about having got rid of 2 top players and replacing them with 2 loan players who will have no future residual value for the club, but hopefully having the money in the bank will enable the club to plan out the addressing the squad deficiencies in the next few windows. Hopefully the club will, in the future make better use of the loan system as other clubs have in the past.

Quite a few players have left the club, some were youngsters who haven't made the grade and who would have been on very modest wages ( which is something we will see every year), some were more expensive players who were under achieving while others simply weren't good enough. Hopefully, better recruiting in the future will prevent poor purchases and the savings that have been made will be reinvested.

I think next seasons big ticket sale will probably be Mawson. Not sure if there are any other players who would generate that kind of money in the team.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 9:28]
Bent over a barrell on 09:20 - Sep 1 with 2761 viewsTheResurrection

Bent over a barrell on 09:12 - Sep 1 by Nirvana

Awww, little res is getting all worked up so early in the morning.

Imagine that.

White knight are you, fighting Dimi's battle here?

He's been put in his place, as have you numerous times. Remember your little sabbatical last season? Ha, "not hiding".

Please, tell us all again about Hull's "brave decisions" in January.

Or Bradley's superb coaching and managing skills.

Or how Siggy isn't even worth £15m, and you'd rather have Izzy ffukkingg Brown.

I think you get the picture.

Yes of course.

1. It wasn't all Bradleys fault. Both him and Guido were shafted by the previous owners.

2. Hulls efforts were outstanding and anybody with even an ounce of football sense will tell you this. They ultimately failed in their quest for survival, but did everything and more to give themselves the best chance. I'd say since Silva came in, and with the predicament they were in with a Championship level squad, he was probably the stand out manager of 2017. Clement was up there too but at least he took over an established Premier League squad.

Now.... Be enigmatic....

Renato fffuuuccking Sanches

Bent over a barrell on 09:22 - Sep 1 with 2751 viewsNirvana

Bent over a barrell on 09:03 - Sep 1 by csf

Sorry!! Here hit is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41117302

Thanks, CSF.

But I think they're just regurgitating the same £15m line that's been touted forever now. Just like the £50m fee we never got for Siggy, I think that happened here too.

As my previous post said, Guillem Balague is usually spot on with anything Spanish-related. He has some of the best sources and is generally extremely accurate. Llorente is Spanish and played there most of his career and Pochettino spent most of his playing/managing career there, as well. I'm sure there's been some texts exchanged.

I think Balague has the accurate fee here, and the Guardian agrees. I believe the £15m figure is bbullsshitt, and of course, the fee was officially undisclosed by the club. So, I'll say £12.1 sounds a lot more accurate than £15m.
Bent over a barrell on 09:22 - Sep 1 with 2750 viewsCooperman

Done over? FFS.

They're trying to keep us both solvent and in the Premier League.
There are too many out there who only think of the latter.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024