Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The future or a pipe dream 06:26 - Sep 21 with 5841 viewsWhiterockin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-41323109

The future or a pipe dream on 07:00 - Sep 21 with 5806 viewsswanforthemoney

It would genuinely regenerate the region. It's the best plan for our area I've seen in years. Can't see it happening.

I stand in the North Stand

The future or a pipe dream on 07:04 - Sep 21 with 5801 viewsSPboy

Pipe dream.

Great idea in principle. This will never happen in our lifetime. Too many greens & nimbys to get past the first hurdle. Then you would need the Welsh government to commit some money west of Cardiff. The more I think it would be a great idea the more I can see blockers all the way
The future or a pipe dream on 07:43 - Sep 21 with 5773 viewsowainglyndwr

That would be fantastic but they would need a swansea valley line Pontardawe could be the hub.
The future or a pipe dream on 08:18 - Sep 21 with 5739 viewsValerie

Dreamers being thrown false hope while Labour WAG spunk all Wales's money in Cardiff.
The future or a pipe dream on 08:38 - Sep 21 with 5726 viewsmonmouth

The future or a pipe dream on 08:18 - Sep 21 by Valerie

Dreamers being thrown false hope while Labour WAG spunk all Wales's money in Cardiff.

Hard to see past this really. Particularly when things get really tough, and they will. Everything will go to protect Cardiff.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The future or a pipe dream on 09:19 - Sep 21 with 5696 viewsMeraki

Might be missing something here?

It would reduce train times to Cardiff by 15 mins? Whoa.

Wouldn't more people just fvck off to Cardiff for shopping?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 9:20]
The future or a pipe dream on 09:38 - Sep 21 with 5671 viewsswanforthemoney

The future or a pipe dream on 09:19 - Sep 21 by Meraki

Yes but there's more to it than shopping. It's about encouraging jobs by enabling commercial activity through good transport links. When I was running my small IT consultancy it was a real slog up to get London to present things. Just having better transport links would have been a great help when competing for work with people from the English Midlands for example. Swansea is really isolated, it must be even more difficult for businesses from further west such as Llanelli or Carmarthen.
Retail in Swansea will never recover anyway. Online is strangling it.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 9:40]

I stand in the North Stand

The future or a pipe dream on 09:59 - Sep 21 with 5641 viewswestside

Why does it take a Cardiff Professor to come up with plans for Swansea.

WTF have Swansea council been doing for past decades.
Login to get fewer ads

The future or a pipe dream on 10:48 - Sep 21 with 5602 viewsmajorraglan

I think a metro with affordable fares for the Swansea Bay Area would be great. The current road network is at capacity during peak hours and getting anywhere quickly is a nightmare, so much so that the hardly go in to Swansea any more.
The future or a pipe dream on 10:57 - Sep 21 with 5593 viewsraynor94

The future or a pipe dream on 09:59 - Sep 21 by westside

Don't be unfair mun, it's the Welsh Assemblies fault for all the woes of our City

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The future or a pipe dream on 10:58 - Sep 21 with 5593 viewsjack_lord

The future or a pipe dream on 09:19 - Sep 21 by Meraki

Journey times could fall by 30 minutes which is great as it means 30 minutes less to get to London and for a business that would be a much better sell.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The future or a pipe dream on 13:55 - Sep 21 with 5529 viewsLeonWasGod

Important stuff, like painting double yellow lines on the roads around the Liberty.
The future or a pipe dream on 14:09 - Sep 21 with 5511 viewsJack1

The future or a pipe dream on 08:18 - Sep 21 by Valerie

Sadly, you are spot on with this post.
The future or a pipe dream on 15:52 - Sep 21 with 5468 viewsmax936

Sitting there dreaming of the day when they can draw on their Final Salary pensions.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The future or a pipe dream on 20:02 - Sep 21 with 5401 viewsJackofdreambeach

The future or a pipe dream on 09:38 - Sep 21 by swanforthemoney

Yes but there's more to it than shopping. It's about encouraging jobs by enabling commercial activity through good transport links. When I was running my small IT consultancy it was a real slog up to get London to present things. Just having better transport links would have been a great help when competing for work with people from the English Midlands for example. Swansea is really isolated, it must be even more difficult for businesses from further west such as Llanelli or Carmarthen.
Retail in Swansea will never recover anyway. Online is strangling it.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2017 9:40]

Great ideas, but much like the city centre plans about 15 years too late.
Feel a bit sorry for Rob Stewart the head of council. Between the council's regeneration chiefs and over fussy and negative council officers the centre looks a sorry state.

People have clearly not delivered in terms of regeneration and it all looks rather inept.

Throw in the Assembly planning and power brokers and you see what a pantomime its been.

Unfortunately it,s people's livelihoods at stake. Too many businesses leaving the city.

And the latest forecast states 2020 for the arena. Retail not on hold but phased. Scandalous really...doesn,t look as if the retail and leisure regeneration will be done until way into next decade.
The future or a pipe dream on 21:05 - Sep 21 with 5372 viewsPrivate_Partz

The future or a pipe dream on 07:00 - Sep 21 by swanforthemoney

It would genuinely regenerate the region. It's the best plan for our area I've seen in years. Can't see it happening.

A marvellous idea which would get short thrift from WAG and Stuart Cole their adviser. This guy thinks we are far too small to have trams and rail systems whilst recommending spunking multiple billions in Cardiff for the very same commuter reasons.
Some of the comments are very interesting. One bloke says we need to get the jobs in first then the transport will follow. Sorry mate it is t'other way round. No jobs unless you have the infrastructure.
Also there is the ultimate defeatist. We are 'too far out on a limb'. I noticed this poster was called Skippy. I wonder if he is one of our own?
I smell a rat. This is just softening us up for the Cardiff project hoping we will all keep schtum with the false promise of getting our very own in future.
Having said that, even if this pipe dream got off the ground, it would on'y be the tip of the iceberg. The whole of Wales, outside of the SE, needs looking at and the investment involved would dwarf such a project as this.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The future or a pipe dream on 21:07 - Sep 21 with 5368 viewsPrivate_Partz

The future or a pipe dream on 10:57 - Sep 21 by raynor94

Don't be unfair mun, it's the Welsh Assemblies fault for all the woes of our City

Glad you have seen sense at last Rayns. It has taken a long time.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024