Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head 17:49 - Oct 21 with 24513 viewsTheResurrection

There's a clear division in our support.

Those that understand the game and its complexities and those that just want to moan at anything they see.

The difference today was one deflected shot that went in and one that didn't.

Otherwise we played a Leicester side clearly up for it and meaning business.

The 2 big points from today...

1 Where the fack is Mesa and why are we giving Clement an easy ride over this?? He needs putting in his place big time.

2. Nathan Dyer is 100 times the player Narsingh is and we need our better players on the pitch. So regardless of position how is Narsingh ahead of Mesa even?

There's a team within us but the manager is where it's at right now, and he's playing the blame game,after it's the beginning of the end for him.

Out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 12:19 - Oct 22 with 1831 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 11:56 - Oct 22 by swansea68

So as you saying Swansea were the better team yesterday ? Cos if you are then you have watched a different game to me. Anyone could see the game first half was similar to Watford in the fact they were just walking thru the midfield. Leon days have to be over now. Simple as that. Put a statue up of him and all that yes. We need a midfield general in middle of the park. Strong and pulling the strings. We had Ayew yesterday playing very deep to get the ball and when a front player does that it means he has no faith in the midfield getting it to him. He was deeper than Carroll most of the game. Stats are shit mate. Most of our shots were 20 yards wide and when we were chasing game. What about being on top from first minute and getting crowd onside early ? The pattern of game was obvious after 7/8 mins. He should have made a change after 20 mins. We can't go on playing football the way we do.

No I wouldn't say we were the better team.

Firstly from an entertainment aspect I'd say that was a good game of Premier League football helped or hindered by the weather and conditions.

Secondly they didn't walk through our midfield they play it over the top. What game were you watching and do you understand what you see?

We were more open yesterday but flick back 20 pages on here and you'll see comment after comment about rather losing if we play more attacking.

Of course that's a lot of Bullshit when it comes down to it because lose and all misery hell breaks loose.

I'm seeing improvements, not as fast and as much as I'd want or hope but definitely seeing improvements and without any doubt whatsoever, so much more than last season.

We are still without our main striker and Bony playing or not will be a big factor in our success this season. If he gets game time through fitness you'll see us click so, so much more up top, things will start to make sense.

The same I personally think if we play Mesa as well, setting the rhythm of the game for us.

How can we expect to get better if Clement only picks Leon because he'sbeing forced to by the crowd or maybe Jenkins when he doesn't want to. He can't do and by taking him off at half time was evidence of this.

Why aren't we asking questions about Mesa. The best we've played all season is second half against Watford, a good Watford side.

Why aren't we able to see more of this, why is he not in the squad?

It's unforgiving and for me it's turned meagainst Clement.

We need Mesa and we need Bony. With those two on the park we can give anyone a good game,after especially at home.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 13:12 - Oct 22 with 1782 viewsJack_Kass

Has anyone asked the OP if he understands the game?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 13:49 - Oct 22 with 1746 viewswhoflungdung

Opinions Chris.

Many including me think we are

We re looking for chinks of light

Mesa is persona non grata and Bony isn't or cannot get fit and injury free

We have to ship out Jenkins before and above anything or anyone else

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 15:52 - Oct 22 with 1663 viewsGeoffThom

When he wants his stats I read somewhere that we actually had 4 attempts on target and they had 6 ,hmmmm there is your stat
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 16:51 - Oct 22 with 1627 viewsunion_jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 11:41 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

A whole life played out online because his real one is so shit.

Meet online man, a sad individual with no sense of the real world.

Oh come on, that was funny though

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 16:57 - Oct 22 with 1618 viewsPozuelosSideys

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:11 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

You can't dominate the game having less time on the ball, less passes, less possession, less shots.

You can be more clinical which they were, nobody is doubting that, but chances aside it was a good game of football, everything came off for them, we're not clicking up top.

Tammy doesn't help this situation. He was a passenger and we can go on about service but like Llorente last season our striker needs to be in the game more. This is why we desperately need Bony fit and up and running.

What difference would Bony have made then?

Fact is, the gaps between the front player whoever he is, and the midfield is far too big. Its no coincidence that we went straight on the front foot when Dyer came on as he started cutting inside and driving at them.. allowing Tammy to make his runs.

We are too slow in possession and too regimented. The movement is terrible. We are playing Monkball again. Its even more frustrating that we only ever seem to click into gear when we fall behind and the game lost.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:22 - Oct 22 with 1599 viewsTheResurrection

We are not slow in possession. Most of it goes though Carroll and he'salways, ALWAYS looking to offload it quick and sharp, so that's a very poor observation I'm afraid.

The problem we have is our shape

Have a look at the heat map from yesterday. There's no balance whatsoever with Narsingh out wide on the one side and the rest congested in the middle. All huddled up around the centre circle. Ayew, Tammy, Sanches, no width on the other side and let's face it, other teams know this. It's so hard to break teams down being so lop sided.

Our width on the other side comes from Olsson, it's just a very poorly designed formation. And he's only playing Narsingh because he's run out of ideas.

Bony would make all the difference and I'd love to see Dyer playing off him on yesterday's showing. Fitting Tammy into the equation is the difficulty.

We need that width and we need the linking up. But we need someone who can play football just sitting in front of the defence creating the tempo for us.

Clement. Clement. Clement.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:23 - Oct 22 with 1597 viewswhoflungdung

When will Wilf come back

When will he be fit

When

Login to get fewer ads

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:31 - Oct 22 with 1585 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 11:06 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

More cheap as fack comments mate. Really winds me up.

Bony hasn't got started yet but you're slagging him off. That's facking pathetic. As is your championship midfield dig.

Clement has played him DM... WTF do you expect, why don't we play Fede there. Or Routs... That's not their position either.

Seriously though. Fans like this, who needs enemies.

Quite happy to accept everything Brynnie said when his views supported yours regarding Gylfi & Llorente.
Now he's classed as "fans like these"
As much as I disagreed (and still disagree) with his views on those two, at least I can accept he is entitled to his viewpoint

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:58 - Oct 22 with 1550 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:31 - Oct 22 by STID2017

Quite happy to accept everything Brynnie said when his views supported yours regarding Gylfi & Llorente.
Now he's classed as "fans like these"
As much as I disagreed (and still disagree) with his views on those two, at least I can accept he is entitled to his viewpoint

Where have I said he's not entitled to his view you senile old tvvat?

I've just said it's facking pathetic.... Which it is.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:25 - Oct 22 with 1509 viewsShaky

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 11:18 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

Yeah that's the other thing vvankfans are now spouting. When we win or play alright it's because the other team gifts us or are really shit.

Except now Palace are really good. Watford and Newcastle both riding high. Huddersfield beat Man U when we played them off the park. Getting points at Southampton and Spurs are meaningless because we just parked the bus, regardless that we kept Harry Kane and Co from scoring in one of them.

Yeah. Swans fans in the main are a bunch of tvvats and always have been, ever since Division 4. Only happy when they're moaning like fack.

People expecting us to build year on year, get better with every season, play sparkling football regardless of being open, but then not concede any goals either, not willing to take any rough just need the smooth.

This is how a typical Swans fan is and this thread highlights that to a tee.

There's no reasoning with most of you, all you want and NEED is to see negatives and pick on the small guy. See Naughton, see Carroll, see Routs. Facking bullies who need a good slap most of you.

Bang bang bang

Played Huddersfield off the park?

I've got to tell you I thought Swansea were average going on poor in that game. Huddersfield literally gifted Swansea a brace around half time, after Ince had blasted over from the edge of the 6 yard box, and then with the points basically in the bag looked comfortable if relatively toothless as Huddersfiled chased the game.

Now it is true that Huddersfield are no mugs and the same is true of practically every side in the division, on the evidence so far with the possible exception of Swansea!

Certainly it is also true that Tammy didn't have a great game, but it seems to me it is the ~3 season long problem of crap striker service that is to blame again. And that problem is currently worse than ever, with the near total absence of any midfield creativity.

Yes there is lots of industry and running around but there is no end product. That with the possible exception of Sanches who tries a few things with potential that invariably don't come off, while at the same time continuing to creatively find new ways of giving the ball away in dangerous positions!

I wonder if it is a coincidence that Swansea got a result last time out when he was out injured? is the team by orders or subconsciously shielding him or half expecting him to give the ball away?

Anyway I thought Dyer looked lively when he came on, but again it seemed to be a one man show, with no real sign of a coherent plan to organise the surrounding personnel. Sadly that seems to be the story of Clement's coaching focus, which at face value appears solely focused on the defensive side.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 18:32]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:32 - Oct 22 with 1492 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:25 - Oct 22 by Shaky

Played Huddersfield off the park?

I've got to tell you I thought Swansea were average going on poor in that game. Huddersfield literally gifted Swansea a brace around half time, after Ince had blasted over from the edge of the 6 yard box, and then with the points basically in the bag looked comfortable if relatively toothless as Huddersfiled chased the game.

Now it is true that Huddersfield are no mugs and the same is true of practically every side in the division, on the evidence so far with the possible exception of Swansea!

Certainly it is also true that Tammy didn't have a great game, but it seems to me it is the ~3 season long problem of crap striker service that is to blame again. And that problem is currently worse than ever, with the near total absence of any midfield creativity.

Yes there is lots of industry and running around but there is no end product. That with the possible exception of Sanches who tries a few things with potential that invariably don't come off, while at the same time continuing to creatively find new ways of giving the ball away in dangerous positions!

I wonder if it is a coincidence that Swansea got a result last time out when he was out injured? is the team by orders or subconsciously shielding him or half expecting him to give the ball away?

Anyway I thought Dyer looked lively when he came on, but again it seemed to be a one man show, with no real sign of a coherent plan to organise the surrounding personnel. Sadly that seems to be the story of Clement's coaching focus, which at face value appears solely focused on the defensive side.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 18:32]

Not getting into a game of semantics.

If you want to use the word comfortable, fine. I can't remember being that comfortable in a game since I don't know when.

And people talk about one chance like it means the big difference in a game.

A game is full of sub stories and that was one of them. The bigger story was our domination of the game.

Comfortable.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:34 - Oct 22 with 1485 viewsTheResurrection

People are not so forthcoming remembering the 2 genuine goal scoring chances against Newcastle.

Funny that.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:05 - Oct 22 with 1402 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 11:06 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

More cheap as fack comments mate. Really winds me up.

Bony hasn't got started yet but you're slagging him off. That's facking pathetic. As is your championship midfield dig.

Clement has played him DM... WTF do you expect, why don't we play Fede there. Or Routs... That's not their position either.

Seriously though. Fans like this, who needs enemies.

Bony - busted flush. If you thought Llorente's movement was bad just wait til the Bonster starts regularly. We've all known Llorente was going to leave from June onwards and this is the best Jenkins could come up with. What an unimaginative lazy c*nt he must be.
Clucas - hopelessly short on skills. Even if he's being played out of position it doesn't excuse a general lack of ability.
And at a combined cost o 25 million - thy're definitely not cheap as fack Chris. We've wasted a lot of money there .
It's not all down to the players as I hold Clement responsible in the main but my God we've bought p*ss poorly this window.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:12 - Oct 22 with 1387 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 11:10 - Oct 22 by JonTheJack

Really interested to see who the OP thinks is worse than us.

I will repeat once again that our only two wins have come up against teams who have had absolute howlers and gifted us a goal.

We are as blunt as a spoon at the moment; continually being held at arm's length by our opponents, whilst being held back by our overly defensive manager the other side.

Your last line encapsulates all that's wrong at the moment. For those with eyes to see it. Top post.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:16 - Oct 22 with 1375 viewsDarran

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:34 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

People are not so forthcoming remembering the 2 genuine goal scoring chances against Newcastle.

Funny that.

Ok everyone remembers the 2 genuine goal scoring chances against Newcastle in the game we lost 0-1.

What's your point?

Seriously WTF?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:19 - Oct 22 with 1361 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:32 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

Not getting into a game of semantics.

If you want to use the word comfortable, fine. I can't remember being that comfortable in a game since I don't know when.

And people talk about one chance like it means the big difference in a game.

A game is full of sub stories and that was one of them. The bigger story was our domination of the game.

Comfortable.

The last time we were truly comfortable was oddly enough under Bobbly last season against Sunderland at the Liberty.
As they were so awful that s hardly a measure.
That is the only occasions in the last 37 games I can honestly say we have looked comfortable.
You are, as I said earlier, delusional if you honestly believe there has been any occasion this season we have been comfortable.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:29 - Oct 22 with 1338 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 11:18 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

Yeah that's the other thing vvankfans are now spouting. When we win or play alright it's because the other team gifts us or are really shit.

Except now Palace are really good. Watford and Newcastle both riding high. Huddersfield beat Man U when we played them off the park. Getting points at Southampton and Spurs are meaningless because we just parked the bus, regardless that we kept Harry Kane and Co from scoring in one of them.

Yeah. Swans fans in the main are a bunch of tvvats and always have been, ever since Division 4. Only happy when they're moaning like fack.

People expecting us to build year on year, get better with every season, play sparkling football regardless of being open, but then not concede any goals either, not willing to take any rough just need the smooth.

This is how a typical Swans fan is and this thread highlights that to a tee.

There's no reasoning with most of you, all you want and NEED is to see negatives and pick on the small guy. See Naughton, see Carroll, see Routs. Facking bullies who need a good slap most of you.

Bang bang bang

Southampton had exactly how many shots on goal - I believe it was in the 20's ? (As one who loves stats you should love that one). We got lucky and if we had conceded we'd have got hammered.
Spurs was a good performance, however they coulda, shoulda had at least two penalties.
Had they scored, I suspect they would have gone on to score several more.
Please don't kid yourself that we are anything more than a very poor side, totally lacking in confidence and being managed by a very nice guy (Clement)who seems to running out of ideas

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:36 - Oct 22 with 1318 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:58 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

Where have I said he's not entitled to his view you senile old tvvat?

I've just said it's facking pathetic.... Which it is.

You said "Fans like this, who needs enemies"
That hardly being accepting of his view
BTW I am not senile, old or one of the other.
You have had a mare of a time with this post old man.
Why don't you give it up ?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:13 - Oct 22 with 1289 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:29 - Oct 22 by STID2017

Southampton had exactly how many shots on goal - I believe it was in the 20's ? (As one who loves stats you should love that one). We got lucky and if we had conceded we'd have got hammered.
Spurs was a good performance, however they coulda, shoulda had at least two penalties.
Had they scored, I suspect they would have gone on to score several more.
Please don't kid yourself that we are anything more than a very poor side, totally lacking in confidence and being managed by a very nice guy (Clement)who seems to running out of ideas

Yes I like stats but I am also intelligent enough to know when to use them and you, old kunt, cannot hold a light to me.

Guess how many shots on target Southampton had?

Half as many as we did yesterday..... Oh and we had 19 shots against Leicester.

I'm fed up of making a fool out of you. It's like a recurring bad dream of being perpetually nutmegged by me.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 07:44 - Oct 23 with 1177 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:13 - Oct 22 by TheResurrection

Yes I like stats but I am also intelligent enough to know when to use them and you, old kunt, cannot hold a light to me.

Guess how many shots on target Southampton had?

Half as many as we did yesterday..... Oh and we had 19 shots against Leicester.

I'm fed up of making a fool out of you. It's like a recurring bad dream of being perpetually nutmegged by me.

You are not nutmegging me or any other poster who disagrees with your view over how things are going this season.
You have made an absolute fool of yourself with this post, and even those posters who normally come out in support of you cannot say anything to justify you.
You are showing yourself as sad, stubborn and deluded in persisting with your viewpoints in spite of evidence to the contrary.
BTW as you know nothing about me, please stop alluding to my age, unless you are so young and immature it upsets you to be shown up by a proper grown up.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:49 - Oct 23 with 1144 viewswhoflungdung

My post regarding possibly selling Bony seems to have been deleted .

I ll repeat it here

It could be this nerve problem suggests he s fooked and that means all the profit from siggy llorente almost literally thrown away .

I doubt there s a worse run PL club

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 09:19 - Oct 23 with 1118 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 08:49 - Oct 23 by whoflungdung

My post regarding possibly selling Bony seems to have been deleted .

I ll repeat it here

It could be this nerve problem suggests he s fooked and that means all the profit from siggy llorente almost literally thrown away .

I doubt there s a worse run PL club

Not implying anything here but would we have signed him on a fat wage if he wasn't going to sue us over "agent gate". It's probably just a coincidence.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:11 - Oct 23 with 1080 viewswhoflungdung

I'm just puzzled Steve

I'm not senile ,old or thick ,in all seriousness but I challenge anyone to be truly upset right now

I find the Sumer signings unforgivable. Jeez ,cork was average but better than Clucas .

I truly have a horror story in my head over Bony so...maybe we could flog him in January if someone dumb enough to buy him

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:32 - Oct 23 with 1068 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 10:11 - Oct 23 by whoflungdung

I'm just puzzled Steve

I'm not senile ,old or thick ,in all seriousness but I challenge anyone to be truly upset right now

I find the Sumer signings unforgivable. Jeez ,cork was average but better than Clucas .

I truly have a horror story in my head over Bony so...maybe we could flog him in January if someone dumb enough to buy him

The horror story might be Bony's birth certificate being found and shoved on twitter. Or something.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024