Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head 17:49 - Oct 21 with 24515 viewsTheResurrection

There's a clear division in our support.

Those that understand the game and its complexities and those that just want to moan at anything they see.

The difference today was one deflected shot that went in and one that didn't.

Otherwise we played a Leicester side clearly up for it and meaning business.

The 2 big points from today...

1 Where the fack is Mesa and why are we giving Clement an easy ride over this?? He needs putting in his place big time.

2. Nathan Dyer is 100 times the player Narsingh is and we need our better players on the pitch. So regardless of position how is Narsingh ahead of Mesa even?

There's a team within us but the manager is where it's at right now, and he's playing the blame game,after it's the beginning of the end for him.

Out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:20 - Oct 21 with 1312 viewspencoedjack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:01 - Oct 21 by Darran

If anyone can honestly say we don't currently look in big trouble with relegation a possibility they need to pack it in.

I’m expecting a similar type thread when Brighton rip us apart unless things change drastically in the next few weeks .... we’ve had the same drivel written by Chris after every shite performance this season

Utd & Arsenal I have already written off
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:23 - Oct 21 with 1300 viewsDarran

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:20 - Oct 21 by pencoedjack

I’m expecting a similar type thread when Brighton rip us apart unless things change drastically in the next few weeks .... we’ve had the same drivel written by Chris after every shite performance this season

Utd & Arsenal I have already written off

I can't argue with that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:34 - Oct 21 with 1255 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:34 - Oct 21 by jacksfullaces

It looks to be following a pattern of previous 3 seasons. we struggle in or around the foot of the table, play as bit of tidy football now and again, and then bring in a manager that finds a system that digs us out of trouble.

it appears this year it won't rely on set pieces or wingers.

we just have to live for those odd games of excitement I reckon these days- we can spend hours criticising left, right and centre but not sure what we expect? try and make the best hand with what we have got, and hope it clicks now and again. maybe the expectations and psychology of us fans is what needs to change.

we presumably will return to the championship at some point but try and enjoy what we have. there is some talent there, but sadly most of it is the same talent that was there 3-4 seasons ago.

Od games of excitement? Today for example? Watford, any game this season, we've not really been out of any apart from Man U in the last 10.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:38 - Oct 21 with 1237 viewsPacemaker

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:27 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

We haven't gone in any particular direction on purpose.

We've evolved.

We first evolved beyond our wildest dreams - but remind me, and how old are you? How many times have you seen such a phenomenon? Have you seen it right the way through your Swans career or were we bloody lucky to witness it AT ALL???

This is what support is all about. THIS. Not then when it was easy to pick up any straggler that once had a tenuous connection with the Club.

THIS. NOW.

This is more like the history of SCFC. We don't get it all and we need to work for it,

Our support is FACKING SHIT!!!!!

To evolve means you improve overtime.......we haven't since 2013, we were very lucky to have almost constant improvement since 2003/4. The Liberty period has been a golden era that's for sure, but if we want to evolve we should be playing much much better.

As for my age well I am old enough to know better, I am considerably older than you that's for sure.
I am old enough to not realise at the time that the Toshack era was built on sand, I am old enough to never believe we would ever return to this level, I am old enough to know we are in a very lucky position.

I am also old enough to know we should be putting on better performances than we have this season so far, we have been very lucky so far compared to some seasons.

We need to do much better as a club. This is as negative as I get, I accept that we are still a small fish in a big pond and often punch way above our weight if we go down I will still be there every week.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:42 - Oct 21 with 1222 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:55 - Oct 21 by rob

Indeed. And, it's not just this result that people are frustrated with, it's the combination of everything that is wrong at SCFC at the moment.

I'll say it as I saw it - we were hopelessly outclassed by a side that passed quickly through us in an incisive manner. They had so much going forward it almost seemed that they were toying with us at times.
We were so slow in getting forward and lethargic , Leicester were miles quicker in thought and deed and penned us in for long periods.

Sanches , who I really had high hopes for just doesn't seem to fit. Looks for easy options whist on the ball with no creative instinct at all. Looks very unhappy and his habit of throwing his arms in the air petulantly isn't going to endear him to his team mates. Narsingh was nullified for the most part and whilst he tried hard (to his credit) Jordan Ayew couldn't do it on his own.

We are a poor side struggling among peers who have strengthened properly. We have not and we're going to pay the price in May. We've bought dreadfully and have too many below average midfield players and with Bony unlikely to return to his form two to three years ago we have no options up front bar Tammy. F*cked.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:43 - Oct 21 with 1212 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:11 - Oct 21 by TNT

Yep, there's nothing wrong with a long ball if it's a fkn good ball.

In response to the thread title, that was not a great game of football.

We were a much better team coming into the PL than we now are, and have been for some time. I watched great football under Martinez, (to a lesser degree, possibly) under Rodgers, and the best I've ever seen in fifteen minutes under Laudrup... since then it's been dross. The owners, management and players, (all of whom earn a bloody big wedge) need to take a long hard look at themselves - before it's too late.

no mate it's people like you that need to take a look at themselves.

Imagine thinking we, SCFC, were only ever going to go on an upward trajectory!?!?!?!?!?!

FFS mate, are you for facking real or what????

This sort of shit winds me up the most.

Get a facking grip of yourselves.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:47 - Oct 21 with 1186 viewslifelong

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:42 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

I'll say it as I saw it - we were hopelessly outclassed by a side that passed quickly through us in an incisive manner. They had so much going forward it almost seemed that they were toying with us at times.
We were so slow in getting forward and lethargic , Leicester were miles quicker in thought and deed and penned us in for long periods.

Sanches , who I really had high hopes for just doesn't seem to fit. Looks for easy options whist on the ball with no creative instinct at all. Looks very unhappy and his habit of throwing his arms in the air petulantly isn't going to endear him to his team mates. Narsingh was nullified for the most part and whilst he tried hard (to his credit) Jordan Ayew couldn't do it on his own.

We are a poor side struggling among peers who have strengthened properly. We have not and we're going to pay the price in May. We've bought dreadfully and have too many below average midfield players and with Bony unlikely to return to his form two to three years ago we have no options up front bar Tammy. F*cked.

This.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:48 - Oct 21 with 1176 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:42 - Oct 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Much of what you say is true.
However can I just ask one thing - am I right in thinking you were one of those who vehemently supported The Res in his view that we would be better without Gylfi &
Llorente ?
Whatever their supposed shortcomings, we are missing their input over these first 9 games

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:49 - Oct 21 with 1169 viewsdobjack2

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 20:27 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

We haven't gone in any particular direction on purpose.

We've evolved.

We first evolved beyond our wildest dreams - but remind me, and how old are you? How many times have you seen such a phenomenon? Have you seen it right the way through your Swans career or were we bloody lucky to witness it AT ALL???

This is what support is all about. THIS. Not then when it was easy to pick up any straggler that once had a tenuous connection with the Club.

THIS. NOW.

This is more like the history of SCFC. We don't get it all and we need to work for it,

Our support is FACKING SHIT!!!!!

We’ve regressed - backwards evolution. Shouting doesn’t make it any less so.

We have become one of those teams that I used to laugh at. Spending big money on players that didn’t suit their style of play.

I’m old enough to see us go up the divisions and go to Preston. I’ve also seen us drop like a stone go bust and nearly drop out of the football league.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would watch us make our way back up again let alone win a major trophy and play in Europe representing the football league rather than the welsh cup holders.

The move to the Liberty was impeccably timed and brought in fans who have only seen the good times. Our support isn’t shit it is the same as any old club that has had success for a few years.

People would return to see our neighbours if they got promoted just like they fecked off when they got relegated.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:51 - Oct 21 with 1155 viewsFlashberryjack

Sad....but true I'm afraid.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:52 - Oct 21 with 1151 viewsCroftyjack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:57 - Oct 21 by NeathJack

We should have been 3-0 down before we had barely got in their half and could easily have lost that 1-6 on another day.

At least we've got Tom Carroll's set pieces to rely upon though.

Yes you right Neathjack..Carrols set pieces are some of the worst ive seen in recent years...sanches no better either.
Thought Ki can take them as we need better delivery even average would be a start.
And some on here were saying Carrols were better than Siggis..notice they don't post on that any longer and I wouldn't either as they will lose any respect they have about football.
Least the defence works well and are only shown up know and again by poor midfield management.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:54 - Oct 21 with 1141 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:18 - Oct 21 by vetchonian

Carrol was gash today gave the ball away has less bottle than Ki when it comes to tackling back and his dead ball delivery is less than than Swamsea senior league standard.
But hey ho as always the guru from CwmdRe is never wrong
Today we. We're second best by a mile and as others have said had it not been for Fab They could have scored 4 or 5 more.
At times we played some goood attractive football but we have no midfield which given the number of midfielder we hVe on the books is a disgrace
Tammy had zero service today.....it says it all when people say we looked better when Dyer and Routs came on?

Let's call a spade a spade. Tammy was gash today - not Tommy.

Truth is if Tammy isn't scoring he's not doing much else and today summed that up to a tee. And this isn't me knocking him as he's doing twice the job Llorente was at this stage of last season.

Everything goes through Carroll and I saw and heard the vvankstanins amongst us having a pop at him today. Must be Naughton's month off. Thats a facking disgrace in itself by the way, masses of people throwing their weight behind some pathetic weak bullying. I'd love to queue up and smash you one by one in your ugly mugs.

He's the guy who has to pick up all the loose balls when play goes nowhere on the flanks. He's the one that comes and gets it from the back 4 and takes it forward. He had 68 passes today, the only one that comes close to him is Sanches on 44. He also made over 80% of them. Contrast that to Tammy's 13 and once again you show why you are one of the thickest, most mentally challenged and hopeless poster on these sites, wherever your hat now and again, Cefm facking Coed would be my guess.

Get an understanding of the game or find another hobby.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:01 - Oct 21 with 1098 viewsJack_Kass

The emptiest vessels make the loudest noise.

'I knows football I do'

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:02 - Oct 21 with 1091 viewsspiderboy

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:34 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Od games of excitement? Today for example? Watford, any game this season, we've not really been out of any apart from Man U in the last 10.

Go up to bed Res,
Will bring the Horlicks up in ten mins.
You need some sleep.
There seems to be a load of head stuff going on pal.!
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:03 - Oct 21 with 1090 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:54 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Truth is if Tammy isn't scoring he's not doing much else and today summed that up to a tee. And this isn't me knocking him as he's doing twice the job Llorente was at this stage of last season.

Everything goes through Carroll and I saw and heard the vvankstanins amongst us having a pop at him today. Must be Naughton's month off. Thats a facking disgrace in itself by the way, masses of people throwing their weight behind some pathetic weak bullying. I'd love to queue up and smash you one by one in your ugly mugs.

He's the guy who has to pick up all the loose balls when play goes nowhere on the flanks. He's the one that comes and gets it from the back 4 and takes it forward. He had 68 passes today, the only one that comes close to him is Sanches on 44. He also made over 80% of them. Contrast that to Tammy's 13 and once again you show why you are one of the thickest, most mentally challenged and hopeless poster on these sites, wherever your hat now and again, Cefm facking Coed would be my guess.

The reason Carroll was getting so much stick today was because he can't take a corner, can't take a free kick (that direct one in the second half was Gylfi - esque ? Not !), and only seems to be able pass backward or sideways.
He was awful today, in a very poorly performing Swansea side.
He should be dropped, but for whatever reason Clement won't drop him.
We were lucky not to get hammered today - the fact that you can't see it is sad

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:06 - Oct 21 with 1078 viewsTNT

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:43 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

no mate it's people like you that need to take a look at themselves.

Imagine thinking we, SCFC, were only ever going to go on an upward trajectory!?!?!?!?!?!

FFS mate, are you for facking real or what????

This sort of shit winds me up the most.

Get a facking grip of yourselves.

So why are we a pale of the team that so impressed in the early seasons in the PL?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:07 - Oct 21 with 1071 viewsTheResurrection

I'm sorry but that is a bloody hopeless assessment of today Steve.

They must have been like Brazil 1970 in the first 15 minutes but I think most of you are letting this cloud the rest of the game.

They scored when on top granted but we more than made a fist of the last 30 of the first half and all the second bar a spell just after we scored.

Sanches does the exact opposite of doing the simple thing. If he did he could be a hell of a player, but instead he wants to dawdle on the ball, looking to beat the man up his arse, take long shots when they are not on or do the spectacular when theres an easy option on. The complete opposite to your description.

I would agree with a certain sentiment of your assessment though,. Clement has facked around with us, plays players who aren't up to it (Narsingh) and ignores players who could have a big impact (Mesa) and is ruining the careers of him and Clucas in front of our very eyes.

The buck stops with him for all that, but lets not get carried away with us thinking we're more superior than we are.

E20 hit on the head, the entitlement is facking pathetic.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:09 - Oct 21 with 1052 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:48 - Oct 21 by STID2017

Much of what you say is true.
However can I just ask one thing - am I right in thinking you were one of those who vehemently supported The Res in his view that we would be better without Gylfi &
Llorente ?
Whatever their supposed shortcomings, we are missing their input over these first 9 games

Are we fack.

Llorente was on 1 goal by this time last season and Siggy maybe 1 pen and 1 assist?

Bore off you tvvat

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:12 - Oct 21 with 1029 viewsDarran

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:09 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Are we fack.

Llorente was on 1 goal by this time last season and Siggy maybe 1 pen and 1 assist?

Bore off you tvvat

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:13 - Oct 21 with 1024 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:03 - Oct 21 by STID2017

The reason Carroll was getting so much stick today was because he can't take a corner, can't take a free kick (that direct one in the second half was Gylfi - esque ? Not !), and only seems to be able pass backward or sideways.
He was awful today, in a very poorly performing Swansea side.
He should be dropped, but for whatever reason Clement won't drop him.
We were lucky not to get hammered today - the fact that you can't see it is sad

I refuse to talk football online with somebody I could barely raise an eyebrow to in real life.

Clueless

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:15 - Oct 21 with 1014 viewsSTID2017

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:09 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Are we fack.

Bore off you tvvat

I appreciate you are comparing the beginning of the season, but if you can't see we are a weaker team then you are deluded
Nite nite

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:15 - Oct 21 with 1012 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:06 - Oct 21 by TNT

So why are we a pale of the team that so impressed in the early seasons in the PL?

Google the term golden era and see what you find.

Fack me, the level of intelligence on here is facking hideous.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:15 - Oct 21 with 1009 viewsvetchonian

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 21:54 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Again you show yourself as clueless. Own up you have no understanding of the game.
Now you pick on Tammy Carrol gives us nothing His dead ball delivery is atrocious and slows our play down when dithering over the ball or just passes to the opposition
Surprisingly at centre forward Tammys role is to score goals yes but when he gets zero service what is he supposed to do?
You continue to spout rubbish and bully those who disagree

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:16 - Oct 21 with 1001 viewsLoyal

I'm as positive as any swans fan, but today I saw huge holes in our side that tell me we are in serious trouble. That's all I can say tonight, I'm gutted.
I genuinely believed Clement had it sorted, but then he doesn't even play our best side the whole ship is in the shit.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:16 - Oct 21 with 995 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 22:07 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

I'm sorry but that is a bloody hopeless assessment of today Steve.

They must have been like Brazil 1970 in the first 15 minutes but I think most of you are letting this cloud the rest of the game.

They scored when on top granted but we more than made a fist of the last 30 of the first half and all the second bar a spell just after we scored.

Sanches does the exact opposite of doing the simple thing. If he did he could be a hell of a player, but instead he wants to dawdle on the ball, looking to beat the man up his arse, take long shots when they are not on or do the spectacular when theres an easy option on. The complete opposite to your description.

I would agree with a certain sentiment of your assessment though,. Clement has facked around with us, plays players who aren't up to it (Narsingh) and ignores players who could have a big impact (Mesa) and is ruining the careers of him and Clucas in front of our very eyes.

The buck stops with him for all that, but lets not get carried away with us thinking we're more superior than we are.

E20 hit on the head, the entitlement is facking pathetic.

We're not superior. That's the point I'm making. We're utterly hopeless and Leicester showed us up for it. I'm only saying what I saw, if you don't agree that's fine. But I'm sure I'm not alone in that assessment Chris.

As for Sanches there's a great player in there somewhere but he's doing a great job hiding him. I know he's 19 and perhaps shouldn't at that age be taking games by the scruff but he didn't seem to have any influence at all today. Looked lost at times.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024