Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head 17:49 - Oct 21 with 24523 viewsTheResurrection

There's a clear division in our support.

Those that understand the game and its complexities and those that just want to moan at anything they see.

The difference today was one deflected shot that went in and one that didn't.

Otherwise we played a Leicester side clearly up for it and meaning business.

The 2 big points from today...

1 Where the fack is Mesa and why are we giving Clement an easy ride over this?? He needs putting in his place big time.

2. Nathan Dyer is 100 times the player Narsingh is and we need our better players on the pitch. So regardless of position how is Narsingh ahead of Mesa even?

There's a team within us but the manager is where it's at right now, and he's playing the blame game,after it's the beginning of the end for him.

Out.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:33 - Oct 21 with 1700 viewsrob

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:29 - Oct 21 by exiledclaseboy

I like the thread starter, he’s a good lad but he’s got this one wrong. We were beyond shit today. Without Fabianski it would have been a rout.

Yup.

Ok nice one NJ. Strange situation.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:33 - Oct 21 with 1700 viewsunion_jack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:29 - Oct 21 by exiledclaseboy

I like the thread starter, he’s a good lad but he’s got this one wrong. We were beyond shit today. Without Fabianski it would have been a rout.

And without Routs it wouldn't have been as Fab.

Ok, I'll get my coat!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:33 - Oct 21 with 1699 viewsskettyparkherbert

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 17:51 - Oct 21 by Tom1912

I mean, if you mean the difference in the score line was literally a deflected shot then technically you're right.

But the difference in the quality between the teams was a lot more than that.

Good post, and to be honest i thought the score flattered us.

They looked a better team than us and i don't think we caused them too many big problems.

In terms of squad they have a much better players than us and there is now way they will finish in the bottom 4 or 5.

They had 3 top strikers on their bench in Gray, Slimani and Ianacho and well as Andy king.
With all due respect we had Dyer( who did more in his spell than Narsignh has done in the last 2 games)
Ki, Rangel, Rutledge, Clucas and Van der Horn ( they won't hurt anybody).

I hate to say it but me thinks we are in the cack big time.

Our signings have been very poor apart from the 2 loan deals, Bony "injured" again Mesa not even in the squad and record signing Clucas what the feck is going on there??

One point, when they took off Okazaki and went with Vardy as the lone striker will still played with a back 4, Kyle Naughton far too deep and should have pushed further forward and played Dyer as another striker.

So frustrating but its not looking good, bring on Utd and the Gunners.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:33 - Oct 21 with 1694 viewsLeonWasGod

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:31 - Oct 21 by NeathJack

Yes. He turned up with the squad suited and booted and carrying his wash bag.

Again? Or are you being sarcastic?
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:34 - Oct 21 with 1691 viewsvetchonian

Once again the op shows how little he knows about football
I would agree about Mesa though he should be starting or on the bench
But if anyone thinks the only difference between us was a deflected goal they need to think again

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:38 - Oct 21 with 1666 viewsskettyparkherbert

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:34 - Oct 21 by vetchonian

Once again the op shows how little he knows about football
I would agree about Mesa though he should be starting or on the bench
But if anyone thinks the only difference between us was a deflected goal they need to think again

Here here, i wish it was as simple as that.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:39 - Oct 21 with 1656 viewsNeathJack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:33 - Oct 21 by LeonWasGod

Again? Or are you being sarcastic?

I watched the periscope feed of them turning up and he was there as described.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:39 - Oct 21 with 1654 viewscastlejack

Great game of football...your having a laugh

We were a better team 10 years ago than we are now

Poll: Next Swans manager

Login to get fewer ads

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:46 - Oct 21 with 1596 viewsSgorioFruit

Swans decent side??

I think not, after that performance

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:47 - Oct 21 with 1579 viewsoldcob

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:02 - Oct 21 by STID2017

I agree with what you say about Dyer - he was excellent today.
Also Clement is clueless ATM - he insists on playing Tom Carroll. He should be nowhere near the field.
Also unless Mesa is locked in a police cell, or banished from training with the first team, then he needs to be the first name on the team sheet.
We need players with passion, fight and who know where the opposition goal is.
We are to pedestrian at the moment.
However where we do disagree is that was a great game of football and two decent sides.
It was reminiscent of two many games over the last two years, where teams we've played have been rubbish and we've been worse.
Leicester weren't in the bottom three before kickoff for nothing.
I cheered when it was worthy of it, it just didn't happen very much this afternoon

Is there a player in the premiership, who starts for his side every game, worse than Tom Carroll? Answers on a postcard please.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:48 - Oct 21 with 1576 viewsswansea68

I've tended to agree with some of your posts and I totally agree that the manager is in big trouble here. I would sack him now. The problem we have got is there is a team in there that would have beaten Leicester today buts its all down to the way the manager sets us up and picks the team. What I want to know is what goes on on the training ground . Last week we needed a very poor clearance from the keeper for us to score otherwise we were heading for 0-0 at HT against a poor Huddersfield team. We are simply not creating enough in the opposition half. Very very average players.

Manager needs to go cos even if we signed attacking players in January it's not in his nature to be more offensive.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:49 - Oct 21 with 1564 viewsSwanzay

"There's a clear division in our support."

Totally agree, ones that talk shite and the others ask wtf was that today and why have we become so pathetic....
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:52 - Oct 21 with 1540 viewsGeoffThom

Jesus you've posted some shite but fair play this has to be a feckin joke ,if it wasn't for fab you'd have been 4 down in the first half and could have no complaints if you were ,as we did feck all first half .
Your miles out fella ,we're a very poor squad
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:55 - Oct 21 with 1532 viewsbermudajack

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:19 - Oct 21 by monmouth

Especially in their favourite positions around their own box with our centre backs forward. How can professional players be so shit under no pressure with a static ball. It really beggars belief.

In my humble pinion, today was only ever going to end in defeat.

The continued selection of Sanches Is baffling, defeinately a talent with good close skills... but we cannot continue to select a player who gives the ball away and just allows the game to bypass him in dangerous areas... I really am dumbfounded as to what he is meant to offer the team playing deep alongside Britton, then equally ineffective when pushed further forward, too slow, too unfit and needs too much time on the ball..I’ve started calling him “turnover Sanches”..and don’t get me started on what has happened to Messa

Tom Carrol is barely putting in a shift this season, he’s trying to play the Simple balls (usually backwards) but seems a bit scared to get stuck in when it matters, Leon is no bigger in size, but puts him to shame in effort... needs a spell on the sidelines...

Ki gave us some forward momentum in the second half as did Dyer, who wasn’t afraid to run at defenders...

The most worrying aspect of today was we were second best all day and it could have been 1-5 had it not been for Fab
Both goals were scored as a result of us losing possession in their penalty area, their second was a 4 attacers against 2 defenders whilst the rest of the defenders were jogging back - when their strikforce were busting a gut to get into our penalty area...

Now that’s a lack of effort and desire... and this is what worries me the most

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:58 - Oct 21 with 1508 viewsBloodyhills

Were it not for Fabiansky we would have been hammered.
Keep on playing like this and we will be relegated.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:58 - Oct 21 with 1507 viewsmagicdaps10

You really are one deluded fooker!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:07 - Oct 21 with 1456 viewsdobjack2

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:48 - Oct 21 by swansea68

I've tended to agree with some of your posts and I totally agree that the manager is in big trouble here. I would sack him now. The problem we have got is there is a team in there that would have beaten Leicester today buts its all down to the way the manager sets us up and picks the team. What I want to know is what goes on on the training ground . Last week we needed a very poor clearance from the keeper for us to score otherwise we were heading for 0-0 at HT against a poor Huddersfield team. We are simply not creating enough in the opposition half. Very very average players.

Manager needs to go cos even if we signed attacking players in January it's not in his nature to be more offensive.

I’m not sure that there is a team in there that would have beaten Leicester today but there should be one that could have made a better fist of it.

Carroll Sanches and narsingh need a spell out and fer is not the answer either. Thee are others that should be out as well but the squad is paper thin as far as quality goes.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:13 - Oct 21 with 1428 viewscostalotta

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:48 - Oct 21 by swansea68

Thing is we've now got this reputation of stripping quality out of a team and subsequently firing a manager for the mistakes of the so called DOF.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:14 - Oct 21 with 1424 viewsLeonWasGod

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:39 - Oct 21 by NeathJack

I watched the periscope feed of them turning up and he was there as described.

Same as last week then. Really weird that - he must be backup to the backups. And wondering what he's doing here.
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:20 - Oct 21 with 1403 viewsPacemaker

Tom Carroll's inability to put a decent ball anywhere was frustrating and cost us at least one goal and could have cost us more, Narsingh's refusal to defend in anyway is leaving a huge hole on his side of the field, and why don't we break at any kind of speed when we have Abraham and Ayew willing to run the angles.

The rest were worse than dog shit apart from Fabianski who has saved us from an absolute rout, I am almost always a positive person the last three seasons have tested me severely.

Annoyingly I still think we have the basis for a good team even though our transfer business has been a shambles since Laudrup and his agent left.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:22 - Oct 21 with 1391 viewsfishman

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:15 - Oct 21 by rob

Was Mesa at the ground today?

Yep ,Mesa at the ground all suited and booted ,came off the coach with all the others
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:29 - Oct 21 with 1366 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"Carroll's set pieces are better for one and we've got more running in the team without the useless one trick pony in our side "

Considering Gylfi covered more distance than every other single player in the league last year, I doubt we have more running in the team with him gone. I think we are at a point now too where we can agree his set pieces are not better. The above quote was from last week I know, I am just using it to aware users to how biased you are for whatever reason against/for certain players.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:34 - Oct 21 with 1352 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:12 - Oct 21 by PozuelosSideys

How about we talk about our set pieces instead. We havent done that in a week. Jokers.

Well we scored from 1?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:36 - Oct 21 with 1348 viewsSwanzay

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:34 - Oct 21 by TheResurrection

Well we scored from 1?

They scored 2 ....wake up!
Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 19:37 - Oct 21 with 1339 viewsTheResurrection

Great game of football, two decent sides went head 2 head on 18:05 - Oct 21 by LeonWasGod

The difference was far greater than that. They found space between the lines and denied us space. Didn't let us get in behind often, closed us down, won the second balls, moved the ball quickly when they had it.

No their style isn't pretty, but they implemented their game plan. Neat and tidy on the ball too when they needed to be in tight quarters.

Wow!!! SO MANY CLICHES - SO LITTLE SUBSTANCE

Am I right in saying you NEVER watch us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024