Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency 14:44 - Oct 22 with 7008 viewsLoyal

We have a tremendous coaching set up and a manager who is intelligent and tactically minded.
Regardless of how this goes over the coming months, Clement MUST stay !

He has a job to do and it's taking time, he is doing ok considering the players he has that have been brought in mostly by a chairman doing things on the cheap.

Totally Unlike me but this is the only thing that will keep us up.

YJB.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 14:44]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 18:56 - Oct 22 with 1713 viewsCooperman

He won’t be sacked before Ancelotti comes over for a pep talk.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 19:12 - Oct 22 with 1677 viewssully49

We are consistent though, consistently f@@king awful.
I agree that its too soon to think of sacking him but he's hardly inspiring enthusiasm, however, the clock must be ticking.
I think the Arsenal game is a given result but beyond that the 3 B's following must be possible?

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 19:47 - Oct 22 with 1639 viewsJack1

Tactically minded? Don't you mean tactically inept?! Jesus! To be fair I'm sure he's a good coach but surely by now people realise that he's a very good number 2, but that's where it ends.

I don't advocate getting rid of a manager but watching his football is almost as bad as it was under Sousa!

Maybe Leicester will swoop in for him like with Sousa! Let's all pray to any God that, that will happen
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 19:56 - Oct 22 with 1632 viewsManBearSwan2

I think he needs some more time, it's still early days.

I hate the thought of our club bringing in people half way through a season when we are in the shit and when they successfully keep us up, not giving them a good opportunity to establish themselves the following season. It's happening more and more. People can be so quick to forget how important he was for us last season.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 20:04 - Oct 22 with 1624 viewsskettyparkherbert

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 18:53 - Oct 22 by Davillin

It's hard to say this, but I think it's too early to talk "sack."

I have pointed out a couple of his "rookie mistakes" previously, and I think a bit more time now, and one chance for him to figure things out, is miles better than bringing in someone new -- for all the obvious reasons. Frying pan into fire.

There are not that many Guidolins out there who can pick up the detritus and make a winner out of it. And, to be blunt, Clement did manage that, too -- with whose help along the way is open to discussion.

I dare to believe that things are not so hopeless now as to sack and replace with an unknown quantity so soon.

And in his recent press conference, he specifically did say that changes will be made.

Its never too early to think about your Manager getting the sack in the Premier League.

What if we had lost to Huddersfield last week that would have been all 5 home games lost with Arsenal away next up, i think by winning last week he has only bought himself another 2 games before the chop.That is the unfortunate truth.

Did you see the Gunners batter Everton 5-2 today, Williams and Siggy were totally anonymous too so its not all bad news as we got over £55 million for them 2.

So at least that pays for Baston, Clueless, Mesa and Bony and some change too??
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 01:29 - Oct 23 with 1517 viewsLoyal

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 20:04 - Oct 22 by skettyparkherbert

Its never too early to think about your Manager getting the sack in the Premier League.

What if we had lost to Huddersfield last week that would have been all 5 home games lost with Arsenal away next up, i think by winning last week he has only bought himself another 2 games before the chop.That is the unfortunate truth.

Did you see the Gunners batter Everton 5-2 today, Williams and Siggy were totally anonymous too so its not all bad news as we got over £55 million for them 2.

So at least that pays for Baston, Clueless, Mesa and Bony and some change too??

It's a good point re Gylfi and Williams, then of course there is Llorente ....
Just where does the money go !
I wonder.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 01:52 - Oct 23 with 1508 viewsLeonWasGod

Clem's a rookie manager remember. Apart from short-lived and ill-fated spell in the second division, we're his first gig. It's a big step up from a number 2 under a massively competent boss to be the leader himself. An even bigger task to do that in possibly the most pressured league.

No doubt he's an excellent coach. Does he have the character to lead this team to better things?
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 02:24 - Oct 23 with 1501 viewsJackDownUnder

I know there is some fishing going on here but here is my opinion if anyone cares.
He has to go as soon as possible or we will go down with a fizz not even a pop.
We should be begging Brendan Rodgers to come back. I don't think we need new players either it's a good team what's wrong is the tactics we should be attack minded with the squad we have, every player should be running at them with the ball, they should be more composed around the final third but they play so often in the middle of the pitch they have a freak out and pass mindlessly into the box even if nothing is on. The back pass, sideways pass crap when they get to the final third has to stop they take risks in defence but not in attack, running down the wing only to stop and pass back is so so annoying, take a man on have some cahoonas. And I dont think thats the players not wanting to take the risk that's instructions from the manager and that's my reason for wanting a change. Why Brendan well because if nothing else his gift of the gab will give the players the belief they are all Ronaldos even if they aren't.
Login to get fewer ads

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 02:28 - Oct 23 with 1496 viewsWanderer

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 02:24 - Oct 23 by JackDownUnder

I know there is some fishing going on here but here is my opinion if anyone cares.
He has to go as soon as possible or we will go down with a fizz not even a pop.
We should be begging Brendan Rodgers to come back. I don't think we need new players either it's a good team what's wrong is the tactics we should be attack minded with the squad we have, every player should be running at them with the ball, they should be more composed around the final third but they play so often in the middle of the pitch they have a freak out and pass mindlessly into the box even if nothing is on. The back pass, sideways pass crap when they get to the final third has to stop they take risks in defence but not in attack, running down the wing only to stop and pass back is so so annoying, take a man on have some cahoonas. And I dont think thats the players not wanting to take the risk that's instructions from the manager and that's my reason for wanting a change. Why Brendan well because if nothing else his gift of the gab will give the players the belief they are all Ronaldos even if they aren't.

fair post, some good points enclosed there.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 06:23 - Oct 23 with 1462 viewsMo_Wives

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:55 - Oct 22 by Smellyplumz

I'd rather have Huw Jenkins Sat on my face than Giggs as our manager.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 07:45 - Oct 23 with 1430 viewspete

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 15:01 - Oct 22 by magicdaps10

I find myself in a position where I want him to turn things around and be with us for a long time.....we DO need stability.

But I think the inevitable will happen. Was let down in the transfer window, regardless of what people say....it was a bloody terrible window taking in to account the money we got off Siggy.
He needs to start Mesa, my thinking now is alongside Ki with Fer just ahead of them. He is not helping himself but He is capable, I fear that Jenkins has knocked all the good things out of him over the summer.

January, whoever is in charge is going to be another massive transfer window for us.....that is for sure!!

agree re the Manager but for me the Americans have shown they are not prepared to spend Any of their own cash after buying the club, along with a terrible transfer window that shows either our scouting system is not up to the job of the D O F is not doing the job he is paid to do (along with being the chairman) For me unless the owners release cash to bring in QUALITY players in Jan that will fit straight into the team instead of the cheaper option or players that dont fit our style like Borja for one cannot see us staying up.
For me last Sat was a shambles not shape no fight and thank god for fabianski or it would have been a total rout
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 08:28 - Oct 23 with 1406 viewswhoflungdung

Good coaches improve .

How has he done that

Why can players like Caroll take an effective corner

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 08:46 - Oct 23 with 1383 viewsawayjack

What decent manager would come here and work with our basket case DOF and Chairman? You can imagine ...

Q: What control do I have over team? DOF A: None really. I'll tell you what players to pick and you figure out how to motivate them.
Q: What's our football philosophy? DOF A: No idea. We used to be famous for passing and movement but we sold all the best players so now defensive hoofball.
Q: What's my budget for Jan? Chairman A: We need to keep Yanks happy, so we'll sell our best players, then I'll let you know the unproven players I've bought on 31/1.
Q: What happens to my / players contracts if we're relegated. Chairman A: I'll be off into sunset so don't give a shit. Talk to the yanks but expect we'll sell our best players - if there are any left - and bank the parachute payments to give them their money back.

Great - Where do I sign?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2017 8:49]
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 08:53 - Oct 23 with 1373 viewswhoflungdung

Fair scenario

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 08:56 - Oct 23 with 1371 viewscockneyswan

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:02 - Oct 22 by whoflungdung

He s allowed players unfit for purpose into our club and bears equal responsibility

We need someone to sort out Jenkins

How about forming a supporters trust 😂😂😂
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 08:58 - Oct 23 with 1368 viewswhoflungdung

I'm not very popular amongst fans but fookem

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 09:30 - Oct 23 with 1349 viewsthornabyswan

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 16:17 - Oct 22 by icecoldjack

Really is the crux of the matter .

Like i mentioned on a thread yesterday, clement while not being perfect has also been dealt with a few curve balls along the way . Thanks Huw!

Maybe he should have walked when not being given players he wanted ? realistically nobody in football would leave a premier league managers job .

Give him a bit of time, the players apparently like his preparation and coaching sessions, which is the usual gripe when things start going wrong, he is just lacking star quality in the team, he did try and rectify that by signing Ronato Sanches, i thought he would be great for us when settled but it's looking iffy truth be told, can't blame clement for that either really.

Bottom line is that he's coaching Championship players to play premier league football.

Coaching Championship players oh come on.
Clucas 16m
Bony 13 m
Messa 11 m
Sanches 4.5 loan.
Abrahams cheap loan but must be worth 25 million.
Then If you add in the likes of Carroll Olsson Narsingh and Ayew that's not a side assembled on the cheap.
Clement has said all along he has the final say on players so should take his share of the blame.
For the dross that has been served up this season.
All this blaming Jenkins for everything is fukcing stupid but he is culpable.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 09:39 - Oct 23 with 1336 viewsheadcleaner

We'd be the team that replaces one Coach like PC with one like Shakespear or some other out of work have a go coach whos cheap(ish) Huw the snake won't pay for a decent manager because he won't take telling about recruitment and wages. fine to a point but I think the problem with Messa is its the only way PC can show he's not his boy is to never pick him. I think he only went with two wingers and Leon in midfield was bowing to fan pressure no way after the way he lined up against Watford was wide me ever his prefered option.

If he's still here come January I'll be shocked. might go before which will give snake Jenkins the January window to play real-life championship manager again but by then we might be drinking in the last chance saloon.

PC might be a great coach at delivering orders from top coaches like Anchelotti but the jury is still out if he can stand on his own two feet and deliver the goods by himself.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 10:24 - Oct 23 with 1309 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 09:30 - Oct 23 by thornabyswan

Clucas 16m
Bony 13 m
Messa 11 m
Sanches 4.5 loan.
Then If you add in the likes of Carroll Olsson Narsingh and Ayew that's not a side assembled on the cheap.
Clement has said all along he has the final say on players so should take his share of the blame.

There is a massive difference between wasting cash on players who are not good enough and buying good players at decent prices.
So we have players who based on their quality should have been cheap, but we overpaid for them and that is also down to Jenkins.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 10:53 - Oct 23 with 1287 viewsicecoldjack

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 09:30 - Oct 23 by thornabyswan

Clucas 16m
Bony 13 m
Messa 11 m
Sanches 4.5 loan.

Yes that's right .

Clucas ? Not prem proven.
Carol - championship player
Olson- the same
Naughton- the same
Fer- the same
Dyer- the same
Routs - the same
Britton - the same
Rangel - the same
Narsingh - the same
Ayew - the same

Regarding Britton Angel and routs they are that standard now because of age .

Most of our team is championship standard who will play well or above themselves once in a while . If they could be 100% prem level every week then we would t be in the same position the last 3 seasons . It's not the managers it's the quality of the footballers .

How many of those mentioned in my list would walk into another premier league squad ?

How many of Laudrups team would have walked into another prem league squad ?

Our standards have fallen and good players have been replaced with inferior ones the balance has finally tipped which is why no matter who the manager is the results will be pretty much the same, at least monk and FG had a siggy free kick now and again, tom Carol earns 40k a week and can't beat the first man when taking corners ! It's a quality control issue and Jenkins is responsible for it !
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 11:04 - Oct 23 with 1279 viewsthornabyswan

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 10:53 - Oct 23 by icecoldjack

Yes that's right .

Olson- the same
Naughton- the same
Fer- the same
Dyer- the same
Routs - the same
Britton - the same
Rangel - the same
Narsingh - the same
Ayew - the same

Most of our team is championship standard who will play well or above themselves once in a while . If they could be 100% prem level every week then we would t be in the same position the last 3 seasons . It's not the managers it's the quality of the footballers .

How many of those mentioned in my list would walk into another premier league squad ?

Our standards have fallen and good players have been replaced with inferior ones the balance has finally tipped which is why no matter who the manager is the results will be pretty much the same, at least monk and FG had a siggy free kick now and again, tom Carol earns 40k a week and can't beat the first man when taking corners ! It's a quality control issue and Jenkins is responsible for it !

Jenkins is not solely responsible for signing players.
Clement Jenkins the money ball guy all have a say.
Ever since Jenkins did the dirty deed with the sale he has been blamed for everything.
Clement cannot say no player comes into the club without his say so and then absolved from any blame when it goes tits up.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 13:16 - Oct 23 with 1220 viewsJackFish

I'm baffled as to why we didn't sign a proper Gylfi replacement, especailly since we knew he was going to be off before the end of last season. At the moment, whatever formation we play, there's a huge gap between the midfield and attack and nobody seems able to play in that position. Fer doesn't really have the nous to do it, I like Ayew but really he's not a player you want starting every week. Tammy looks like he'll score goals but the rest of his game is lacking, that would be fine if we were a team that was capable of creating those chances for him, but I'm struggling to see anyone in our squad racking up more than a handful of assists.

We've also signed about 72 central midfielders, but we didn't replace our crap wingers, and we didn't strengthen or improve our fullbacks. Quite why we let Kingsley go with no replacement I have no idea, and the fact that we're still relying on Leon, Dyer and Routledge is a joke.
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 14:16 - Oct 23 with 1184 viewsicecoldjack

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 11:04 - Oct 23 by thornabyswan

Jenkins is not solely responsible for signing players.
Clement Jenkins the money ball guy all have a say.
Ever since Jenkins did the dirty deed with the sale he has been blamed for everything.
Clement cannot say no player comes into the club without his say so and then absolved from any blame when it goes tits up.

Look we all know if Clement knocks back all huws and money ball suggestions then he'll simply end up with nothing !

I'm aware of how the situation works, we signed Shelvey with the accepting nod from laudrup but JDG was still preferred.

I can't actually believe your naive as to think Jenkins doesn't have the core influence here. he is given a list of targets to go and get but which targets he follows through with is another story !

Laudrup gave him a list too, all players were within budget and salary but Jenkins didn't go for the priority targets, hence why the bony deal was done so late and why there was a falling out,Jenna even said that he felt uncomfortable spending that kind of money, only because we just won our first major trophy and were playing in Europe did he relent and get that deal over the line.

Here is exactly where the rot set in .

See the pattern here ? Late deals ? Clement wants x and y but z is on the list too but not Clements first choice pick, guess which one Huw will go for?

I'm not saying Clement has no fault here but through our slide over the last 3/4 Yrs there has been only one constant and plenty of the same MO when it comes to signings !
Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 14:28 - Oct 23 with 1172 viewsLoyal

Anyone who thinks Jenkins hasn't got the final say and is instrumental in all deals is a fcking idiot.

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 14:34 - Oct 23 with 1166 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clement must stay - now is the time for consistency on 10:53 - Oct 23 by icecoldjack

Yes that's right .

Olson- the same
Naughton- the same
Fer- the same
Dyer- the same
Routs - the same
Britton - the same
Rangel - the same
Narsingh - the same
Ayew - the same

Remind us again, just how many of Laudrups list moved in to Premiership Teams?
And Laudrup himself?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024