Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement: My squad is imbalanced 08:14 - Oct 24 with 7941 viewsHeadmaster

"I've got the squad I have until 1 January, so no complaints or whingeing or moaning about it," he added.

"I've just go to get on with it and maybe then we can address some of the balance issues when it comes to January. Maybe."

Well, this doesn't sound like a man who's happy with his squad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41727625?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 17:03 - Oct 24 with 1753 viewsLeonWasGod

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:17 - Oct 24 by shandyjack

well nobody forced him to have 8 midfielders on the books, maybe he should have been more vocal against the board for not delivering the balance he was after in the window. these are excuses which he is partly responsible for

"Nobody forced him". Maybe they effectively did. It doesn't look like he particularly wanted Clucas and Mesa.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 17:13 - Oct 24 with 1723 viewstheloneranger

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 16:44 - Oct 24 by Private_Partz

Well my take on it is he was not happy with the poor and late window.
Whilst not coming out and saying it at the time he might well have been saying something different in private. There was enough sound bites in the press at the time to suggest this. Dirty washing and all that. It would have served no purpose had he walked at the time. We had not even completed the window until after the season had started. Jenkins certainly would not have changed had he walked and would have let him go as there would have been no compo to pay.
I think he hoped he could work with the squad and kept relatively quiet in the press to see how things would pan out.
They have not turned out well at all and now he is staring to speak out by pressurising Jenkins to sort things out in January. I am am sure the egotistical one is less than happy with this. The axe could fall regardless although I suspect the Yanks will become less than impressed if he shows another one the door.
Many are blaming Clem for most of our poor and late signings. Without question he was not happy with lateness due to the dithering Jenkins. That was clear.
Also I am not at all sure that, apart from Tammy and Sanches, he had much to do with the other signings.
As for playing with width. He has tried it in the last two games and, apart from a few glimpses of promise against Huddersfield, that has not worked out well. Don't forget the lateness of the window means he is trying to find his best team in real time.
He is an inexperienced manager, and he will make mistakes, but there is only one person to blame for me and that is Jenkins. I hope Clem carries on giving him a rough ride in the press. It is about time the happy clappers realised what a twonk we have as a DOF.

Clement alluded to Jenkins dithering in the press conference, when he said Mcburnie was in tonights squad, but he shouldn't even be here, he should be away playing Championship football.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 17:33 - Oct 24 with 1694 viewswaynekerr55

Regardless of the minutiae of Clement, Guidolin, Bob and Monk there's been one constant...that's Jenkins. Why doesn't he just fûck off out of our club? Put a traffic cone as DoF, it will probably have a more cogent and coherent approach to recruiting players.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:17 - Oct 24 with 1635 viewsicecoldjack

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 17:33 - Oct 24 by waynekerr55

Regardless of the minutiae of Clement, Guidolin, Bob and Monk there's been one constant...that's Jenkins. Why doesn't he just fûck off out of our club? Put a traffic cone as DoF, it will probably have a more cogent and coherent approach to recruiting players.

Even on here some still seem to think Jenkins isn't the problem ! it's crazy really .
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:22 - Oct 24 with 1623 viewsShaky

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 17:33 - Oct 24 by waynekerr55

The other constant is that the shareholders haven't put in a penny of new financing, and in fact the bank financing line appears to have been shut down.

And the problem with sacking Clement is not only would you have to pay compensation, but I don't see any self-respecting manager taking the job without a guaranteed kitty to strengthen a self-evidently weak squad.

As I see it the piggy bank is already heavily in deficit. Maybe they could scrape together £10 million if you postpone the stadium deal, and add a bit by selling a DM or two surplus to requirements.

That doesn't buy you much in today's market, however, and I doubt even Fat Sam would ride to the rescue on that basis.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:35 - Oct 24 with 1611 viewstheloneranger

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:17 - Oct 24 by icecoldjack

Even on here some still seem to think Jenkins isn't the problem ! it's crazy really .

Jenkins is the common denominator in all of our problems, the way he signs His players for the club and not what the manager needs.

Signed Trundle for Sousa, Emnes and Ngog 😂 for Laudrup, Fat Franc for Monk, Borja for Guidolin, and Mesa, Bony and Clucas for Clement, plus too many to mention.

O'livera at Norwich has recently said he turned Jenkins down, late on transfer deadline day, and then we signed Bony.

Jenkins playing Football Manager for many years

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:39 - Oct 24 with 1596 viewswaynekerr55

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:22 - Oct 24 by Shaky

The other constant is that the shareholders haven't put in a penny of new financing, and in fact the bank financing line appears to have been shut down.

And the problem with sacking Clement is not only would you have to pay compensation, but I don't see any self-respecting manager taking the job without a guaranteed kitty to strengthen a self-evidently weak squad.

As I see it the piggy bank is already heavily in deficit. Maybe they could scrape together £10 million if you postpone the stadium deal, and add a bit by selling a DM or two surplus to requirements.

That doesn't buy you much in today's market, however, and I doubt even Fat Sam would ride to the rescue on that basis.

Couldn't agree more with you, fine sir.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:40 - Oct 24 with 1596 viewsicecoldjack

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:35 - Oct 24 by theloneranger

Jenkins is the common denominator in all of our problems, the way he signs His players for the club and not what the manager needs.

Signed Trundle for Sousa, Emnes and Ngog 😂 for Laudrup, Fat Franc for Monk, Borja for Guidolin, and Mesa, Bony and Clucas for Clement, plus too many to mention.

O'livera at Norwich has recently said he turned Jenkins down, late on transfer deadline day, and then we signed Bony.

Exactly .
Login to get fewer ads

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:41 - Oct 24 with 1590 viewsdobjack2

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 14:32 - Oct 24 by awayjack

Complete contradiction to what he said in August. Not sure what decent manager would come here and have to deal with numpty Jenkins and a relatively low salary but no confidence PC is the man to keep us up let alone go to BS 'the next level'.

- PC said he was delighted with squad despite obvious gaps in quality in attack and cover in defence.
- PC poor team set-up, tactics, subs and man-management means players like TC and Olsson have gone backwards and major signings like Mesa and Clucas not used / used out of position made no inpact.
- Decent managers plan cover in PL squads. Yes Bony is injured but his injury record in last two seasons is poor, so should have more than MCBurnie as cover.

We can't

If it hadn’t been for the cock up with Barnsley mcburnie wouldn’t even be here.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:44 - Oct 24 with 1584 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

There's a lot of poor recruitment going on at all levels of the prem/league system at the moment with managers then blaming not enough support for the board

I'm not going to blame all this on Jenkins as I firmly believe Clement was happy with some if not all of the window
however
we'll never know exactly what effect is Jenkins until he leaves - it's not as if he's contributing a lot of positives in other areas which make him worth keeping

Time to get rid of Jenkins ..........and possibly Clement too

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:49 - Oct 24 with 1573 viewsShaky

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:35 - Oct 24 by theloneranger

This is probably very hard to understand, but having a high squad turnover is actually a way of dealing with the stretched financial position, albeit one that is tofally unsustainable in the medium term.

You buy new players and spread the payments over x years, and then you offload others formally on the same basis.

However, you then go to outside financing providers and sell the future receipts so you can bring the entire fee home today (net of commission), in a process known as factoring.

This can be used as bridge financing if you have a big payday in prospect but that now seems to be in the past with the lottery win on the sale of Siggy, which instead makes this more akin to what is known as a house of cards.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:51 - Oct 24 with 1566 viewsmonmouth

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 10:34 - Oct 24 by Landore_Jack

This is what he said yesterday:

“We’re a little bit short at the back, particularly the left-back spot. Martin (Olsson) is playing and who’s pushing him?

“If there is an issue who would be able to step in? You’d be asking a player who’s not a natural left-back or you go down into the next level at your club.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/paul-clement-admits-what-every-13801

This is what he said after selling Kingsley:

I think we’ll be okay at left-back,” Clement said. “We have got Martin, we know Sam can play in that position if required and we also know Kyle Naughton can play in that position.

“I think we will stay as we are as far as left-back goes.”

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/clement-right-time-kingsley-switch
[Post edited 24 Oct 2017 10:36]

Just seen this little beaut. If these quotes or the other ones are published, he's a laughing stock. Lucky there are no actual journalists any more.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:54 - Oct 24 with 1558 viewsWarwickHunt

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 17:03 - Oct 24 by LeonWasGod

"Nobody forced him". Maybe they effectively did. It doesn't look like he particularly wanted Clucas and Mesa.

He thought he was getting Lucas and Messi.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:57 - Oct 24 with 1546 viewsdobjack2

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 12:18 - Oct 24 by TheResurrection

Good post and quite correct.

However. The 3 at the back was never going to be a great idea with so many midfield players either here already or being brought in.

Arias was mentioned towards the end of the window.

We still would've had Ki, Leon, Clucas, Mesa, Ayew, Fulton, Fer, Carroll and what does Clement go and decide to do..... Make a big fanfare by going out and bringing another one in Sanches.

I still feel we are a Chadli away from being a good team if we can get Bony fit, but if Chadli was being quoted as too expensive, which let's face it West Brom didn't budge throughout the window, then we should have gone for someone else.

Also, why not play Mesa holding with Clucas out left in a more attacking role, he's not a DM FFS.

For the time being the diamond does seem to be our best formation. That's if we can get Bony and Tammy up top together with Ayew floating just behind.

A good, solid 3 behind them of Clucas, Mesa and maybe Dyer on last weeks showing or Ki then we'll be fine until January when we can bring in a genuine wide player.

Clement is out of his depth it seems and is being caught out with some nonsense from previous quotes. Good work from Landore, done more there than Wathan has in p7 years!!

If chadli was being quoted as too expensive... we should have gone for somebody else.

Nail on the fecking head.

Last season we played a waiting game and West Brom bought chadli whilst we dithered. We apparently made a last ditch effort to sign ziyech but he was already gone. Last season we were looking at Joe and when we didn’t get him didn’t bring anyone similar in.

This season we aren’t prepared to pay what West Brom want for chadli so what do we - we don’t bother getting a creative player in and get a relatively last minute loan for Sanches through Clement.

Areas of weakness in the squad are noticed by managers as well as fans but our inept recruitment doesn’t fix them.

Our recruitment arm is a fecking sad joke for a premier league club. The person in charge of it who as dof and chairman hasn’t reviewed his own role in it is the weakest link as far as the playing side of the club goes.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 19:17 - Oct 24 with 1518 viewstheloneranger

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 18:49 - Oct 24 by Shaky

This is probably very hard to understand, but having a high squad turnover is actually a way of dealing with the stretched financial position, albeit one that is tofally unsustainable in the medium term.

You buy new players and spread the payments over x years, and then you offload others formally on the same basis.

However, you then go to outside financing providers and sell the future receipts so you can bring the entire fee home today (net of commission), in a process known as factoring.

This can be used as bridge financing if you have a big payday in prospect but that now seems to be in the past with the lottery win on the sale of Siggy, which instead makes this more akin to what is known as a house of cards.

WTF does that have to do with Jenkins unloading unwanted players...many ex players on the manager, some for stupid fees, which end up as a great financial loss to the club.

I'd call that mismanagement by an already bankrupt business man.

AND it's not very hard for me to understand the financial world thanks Shaky, spent a long time working with the Sharks.

Plus, I really enjoyed the series House of Cards

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 19:23 - Oct 24 with 1504 viewsShaky

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 19:17 - Oct 24 by theloneranger

WTF does that have to do with Jenkins unloading unwanted players...many ex players on the manager, some for stupid fees, which end up as a great financial loss to the club.

I'd call that mismanagement by an already bankrupt business man.

AND it's not very hard for me to understand the financial world thanks Shaky, spent a long time working with the Sharks.

Plus, I really enjoyed the series House of Cards

Notwithstandign your level of financial savvy, the fact is that during the club's history in the Prem it has never recorded a loss on transfer dealings.

Cash-flow is a different matter, however.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 20:35 - Oct 24 with 1441 viewsLandore_Jack

His squad will be even more imbalanced. Olsson has left the pitch with a hamstring injury.

#backtojack

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 20:36 - Oct 24 with 1438 viewsmax936

Spot on, Olson is crocked as well now, with what could be a month out at least.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 15:39 - Oct 25 with 1334 viewsdobjack2

As well as paying off yet another coach and his staff we would have to find one good enough who is also willing to come to a basket case club. The managerial merry go round is yet another source of embarrassment as well as a drain on resources.

The January window is a tough one for teams in trouble. If players even want to join them, clubs in trouble end up paying over the odds in transfer fees, saleries, signing on fees etc.

We are resembling the shambles that was Wigan Sunderland and villa on and off the pitch.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 12:12 - Oct 26 with 1230 viewsLoyal

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 08:34 - Oct 24 by TheResurrection

I think this is the last straw for me.

Fack off Clement. Get out.

You went and brought in ANOTHER midfield player last day of the window.

And it's YOU that doesn't like to play with WIDTH.

ALL EXCUSES.

I think he is walking a fine line now.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 12:13 - Oct 26 with 1230 viewsLoyal

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 09:11 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

Why did he authorise Kingsleys move to Hull then?!

I'm pretty certain clement authorises fck all.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 12:22 - Oct 26 with 1210 views34dfgdf54

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 12:13 - Oct 26 by Loyal

Probably right unfortunately.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 12:24 - Oct 26 with 1205 viewsWarwickHunt

Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 12:13 - Oct 26 by Loyal

KIngsley off the payroll while Routledge gets a contract extension.

Unbelievable, Jeff.
Clement: My squad is imbalanced on 14:46 - Oct 26 with 1136 viewsSmellyplumz

Clement.. My head is unbalanced!

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024