Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence 17:14 - Nov 15 with 22544 viewsTheResurrection

As per a post from exhmrc1 on another thread.

""From the supporters trust website. A special meeting shall be called within 28 days if a written request is made by 10% of the members. This would have to specify the matter to be considered""

Link: https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/trust-model-rules/

The Trust had 840 members at the last Board meeting meaning 84 would need to write a letter of no confidence, if indeed, you'd feel strongly enough to do so.

This thread could be used to mobilise the first troops of dissent and the beginnings of a new dawn with a change of approach and mindset within the Trust.

But first for the reasoning...

This wouldn't be a bad place to discuss consequences of both a change in the Trust and thereafter the relationship with the owners that could affect our survival chances.

It would be a big call so let's weigh up all potentials and use this as a platform to see what page most of us are on should a vote and consultation come back to the members.

Otherwise, the 84 could be totted up, organised and accounted for here.

[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 17:15]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:01 - Nov 15 with 1697 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:05 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

This is what I've been trying to advocate for some time.

A chance for the many to have a say, you won't get a better place to start doing that than on here.

Any Swans fans who cares about the Club will be online looking for info and to be a part of things.

840 members is a poor tally for a Premier League Trust that actually owns 21% of the Football Club.

Time to start thinking about putting ideas into action.

“840 members is a poor tally for a Premier League Trust that actually owns 21% of the Football Club”

So have you now joined?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:14 - Nov 15 with 1653 viewsawayjack

Yup I'll sign the 'no confidence' letter and get a few friends and family that are trust members to do the same.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:16 - Nov 15 with 1635 viewsJoe_bradshaw

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:14 - Nov 15 by awayjack

Yup I'll sign the 'no confidence' letter and get a few friends and family that are trust members to do the same.

So will I.

This is exactly why we have remained members. I’ve never understood how anyone can hope to reform the Trust from outside it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:17 - Nov 15 with 1635 viewsEilian

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 21:01 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

Hopefully this thread can be left for adult conversation on important matters. It's one of the main issues facing us a football club so surely the usual idiots can leave us alone for 5.

I'm hoping we'll see some honest discussion and clear thinking on the issues raised here. There's a lot of talk of unrest and fans have been angry for too long now, so where are with everything?

Do we really want to bring about some real change or are we just going to keep moaning about all and sundry?

And if we do, what are the consequences? Anyone joining the Trust Board would need a lot of gaps to be filled. I'm also hoping some of those gaps can come to light here.

I've just had a look and the trust facebook group has 10,000 members..... yet they only have 840 members of the trust? WTF?

They are only generating £8,400 a year from membership atm..... They would be better off buying a burger van and raising money that way. It's pathetic!

No one bothers to sign up as there is little value to the individual. From what we can see (very little) the trust brings little value to the club as a whole.

You mentioned that you were looking for possible gaps? Well, there is one giant one right there!!!
Im sorry to go on about it, but the Trust is selling its shares to raise money when they could just simply put in the mildest amount of effort to raise money itself.

Secondly, If lots of people join, do you then not need more than 84 members to sign?
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:20 - Nov 15 with 1605 viewsSwanzay

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:01 - Nov 15 by Darran

“840 members is a poor tally for a Premier League Trust that actually owns 21% of the Football Club”

So have you now joined?

Its a pathetic amount and just goes to show either, how out of touch the Trust are or how insignificant they have become to fans or both, simply how has this been allowed to happen?

Weren't you singing the praises of Trust renewal a few months back too, along the lines of early days yet and still similar figures of previous years.....Again why have figures been systematically low in recent years?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 22:33]
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:22 - Nov 15 with 1594 viewsminimichu

I'm a member and I'll sign. How do I go about it?
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:29 - Nov 15 with 1561 viewsUplandsJack

Another reason going forward I believe membership should preferably be free or if not, a nominal amount of say £1. There is absolutely no need for charging £10 while we are in the premier league.
We also need direction, drive and the will to actively strengthen the numbers of the membership into the 1000"s. Thus giving us the fans, a voice once more that will be heard and more importantly listened to.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:31 - Nov 15 with 1552 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:20 - Nov 15 by Swanzay

Its a pathetic amount and just goes to show either, how out of touch the Trust are or how insignificant they have become to fans or both, simply how has this been allowed to happen?

Weren't you singing the praises of Trust renewal a few months back too, along the lines of early days yet and still similar figures of previous years.....Again why have figures been systematically low in recent years?
[Post edited 15 Nov 2017 22:33]

Well yeah it’s always going to be a pathetic amount if all you fuçking idiots moan online and don’t sign up see Butt.
Off you go.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/join-the-trust/

Login to get fewer ads

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:41 - Nov 15 with 1518 viewsUplandsJack

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:31 - Nov 15 by Darran

Well yeah it’s always going to be a pathetic amount if all you fuçking idiots moan online and don’t sign up see Butt.
Off you go.

Done, now where can I find that template to call for a vote of no confidence, please.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:46 - Nov 15 with 1500 viewsItchySphincter

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 19:37 - Nov 15 by exiledclaseboy

That’s the obvious way to do it.

Just call me Capt. Obvious.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:48 - Nov 15 with 1485 viewsDarran

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:41 - Nov 15 by UplandsJack

Done, now where can I find that template to call for a vote of no confidence, please.

Good man. Everyone should join up and we can unite in battle.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:51 - Nov 15 with 1472 viewsItchySphincter

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:28 - Nov 15 by Darran

“What happens if the vote is successful and the board is removed I’m not sure. I assume there’s some mechanism for an election to replace them but I’ve only skim read“

Don’t be dull now nobody’s looking that far ahead,well they aren’t really arsed about it are they?
Just remove the board and fuçk anything else.

This is true. I've made the point a few times and I'm not defending anyone but I don't really see how a vote of no confidence if carried through helps us. There needs to be an EGM first off and an election of new board members - hopefully people will read the manifestos this time.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:52 - Nov 15 with 1467 viewsJackfath

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:51 - Nov 15 by ItchySphincter

This is true. I've made the point a few times and I'm not defending anyone but I don't really see how a vote of no confidence if carried through helps us. There needs to be an EGM first off and an election of new board members - hopefully people will read the manifestos this time.

Is the correct answer.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:12 - Nov 15 with 1421 viewsSwanzay

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 22:31 - Nov 15 by Darran

Off you go.

I was a fully paid member up until this summer, when Like Lisa and many others, I became disengaged with the direction that the Trust were going.

They were hell bent on taking a ridiculous deal of selling shares and advising members to advocate, it appears that position hasn't changed.

Normally when you become or join something, you have crazy things like communication, transparency, ACTION, and opportunity for input, knowledge of strategy/objectives and listening to members. IMHO the Trust have really done non of those and dont deserve my £10.

I assume that any new vote will only be permitting by existing members, prior to last week. Unless it is confirmed otherwise?

Even SCFC board know that the Trust will ask "how high" when asked to jump, such is the amount of pandering to the board the Trust has become.

To request £10 for that privilege is simply ludicrous.....And like you "apparently", I wont be told what to do!
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:31 - Nov 15 with 1392 viewsswanseajack4eva

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 20:53 - Nov 15 by Vetchfielder

In fact I'm going to go ahead anyway and write this when I have time on the weekend. No big benefit in hanging around waiting for a consensus or some common wording, as I see it we can all do this independently. The way I read the Rules is that is has to be an old fashioned signed letter rather than email. A bit of a pain but so be it.

Here are the Trust rules.......

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Original_Rules.pdf

Clause 32b is the relevant clause.

The address is:

Swans Trust,
12 Dynevor Avenue,
Neath,
SA10 7AG

Thanks very helpful. I rejoined the Trust last night. My letter goes in the mail when I get back to the UK on Friday evening.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:44 - Nov 15 with 1364 viewsTheResurrection

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:12 - Nov 15 by Swanzay

I was a fully paid member up until this summer, when Like Lisa and many others, I became disengaged with the direction that the Trust were going.

They were hell bent on taking a ridiculous deal of selling shares and advising members to advocate, it appears that position hasn't changed.

Normally when you become or join something, you have crazy things like communication, transparency, ACTION, and opportunity for input, knowledge of strategy/objectives and listening to members. IMHO the Trust have really done non of those and dont deserve my £10.

I assume that any new vote will only be permitting by existing members, prior to last week. Unless it is confirmed otherwise?

Even SCFC board know that the Trust will ask "how high" when asked to jump, such is the amount of pandering to the board the Trust has become.

To request £10 for that privilege is simply ludicrous.....And like you "apparently", I wont be told what to do!

Joe Bradshaw

This is why. I've not been able to join through sheer principle. I've explained my reasons time and time again but I think I'm living proof of how you can make change happen and not be in the Trust.

I'm also pretty sure the ones on this site who aren't members want to be, or at least if they would've been enthused at all by anything the Trust did would have joined.

These are big failings for me and I'm guessing others and they've needed addressing for years.

Eillian,

It doesn't matter how many people join the Trust it would just mean that around 84 would be needed to individually draft a letter with whatever their concern was.

This thread was designed to see how many would do that but also to take on board ideas and potential new directions.

Not many have discussed the consequences of a noconfidence vote and Itchy has made a good point.

In light of the silence from the Trust after the resignations and amidst all the confusion should the 84 initial letters call for an EGM in the first instance and instead of waiting to hear from the Trust Board we could proactively bring them to account?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:59 - Nov 15 with 1337 viewsJack_Kass

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:44 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

Joe Bradshaw

This is why. I've not been able to join through sheer principle. I've explained my reasons time and time again but I think I'm living proof of how you can make change happen and not be in the Trust.

I'm also pretty sure the ones on this site who aren't members want to be, or at least if they would've been enthused at all by anything the Trust did would have joined.

These are big failings for me and I'm guessing others and they've needed addressing for years.

Eillian,

It doesn't matter how many people join the Trust it would just mean that around 84 would be needed to individually draft a letter with whatever their concern was.

This thread was designed to see how many would do that but also to take on board ideas and potential new directions.

Not many have discussed the consequences of a noconfidence vote and Itchy has made a good point.

In light of the silence from the Trust after the resignations and amidst all the confusion should the 84 initial letters call for an EGM in the first instance and instead of waiting to hear from the Trust Board we could proactively bring them to account?

Chicken (to put it politely)

Won't put your money where your mouth is, and £10 would be a bargain for how big the latter is.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 00:06 - Nov 16 with 1321 viewsMartyrman57

and only £5 for seniors (over60’s) 👍
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 00:09 - Nov 16 with 1307 viewsSwanzay

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:59 - Nov 15 by Jack_Kass

Won't put your money where your mouth is, and £10 would be a bargain for how big the latter is.

IF and a big if there is an another opportunity to vote on the changes to the deal, then as has been suggested by Ux, only previously existing members will be permitted to vote. Meaning that anyone who has rejoined in the last day or so have no entitlement and simply wasting £10, can anyone clarify?
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 00:19 - Nov 16 with 1285 viewsVan_Arnhem

I wasn't one of the 840 at the forum meeting but I'm a member so I'm happy to send a letter
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 00:31 - Nov 16 with 1254 viewsTheResurrection

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:59 - Nov 15 by Jack_Kass

mate I don't know who you are but you're only chirping up to have pops at me.

Following me around the threads like a little girl spitting out your dummy.

I can't be bothered with it FFS.

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 01:09 - Nov 16 with 1226 viewsJoe_bradshaw

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 23:44 - Nov 15 by TheResurrection

Joe Bradshaw

Eillian,

I understand the principle mate.

People who have left now need to join though to get the 84 and then more besides to carry the day when votes are needed to get the right people elected to positions where they can be most effective.

We want the same things.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 08:13 - Nov 16 with 1090 viewsUxbridge

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 00:09 - Nov 16 by Swanzay

IF and a big if there is an another opportunity to vote on the changes to the deal, then as has been suggested by Ux, only previously existing members will be permitted to vote. Meaning that anyone who has rejoined in the last day or so have no entitlement and simply wasting £10, can anyone clarify?

I said no such thing.

Anyone who joins today will get a vote on any future issue, and indeed could stand for a coopted position. The deadline for either has not passed.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 08:33 - Nov 16 with 1060 views34dfgdf54

84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 08:13 - Nov 16 by Uxbridge

I said no such thing.

Anyone who joins today will get a vote on any future issue, and indeed could stand for a coopted position. The deadline for either has not passed.

Good stuff.

Rejoined.
84 Trust Members needed for a vote of no confidence on 08:51 - Nov 16 with 1036 viewsbiggar

Just joined.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024