Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland. Bravo 21:01 - Nov 15 with 5865 viewswhoflungdung

First to introduce minimum price for alcohol. It's a brave decision and hopefully it ll help to change the drinking culture

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Scotland. Bravo on 21:33 - Nov 15 with 2580 viewsjojaca

Smoking ban in pubs had started downfall of the drinking culture. Now the price of beer in pubs has added to that downfall, lucky to get five pints for £20.

I personally miss getting smashed every weekend in my twenties with my mates dancing my ass off to trance.

Now in my late thirties, rarely drink and life is lot more boring and don't really have that escapism from work. I used to live for the weekend, now i work the weekend.

Even when you know, you never know?

Scotland. Bravo on 21:38 - Nov 15 with 2576 viewsjackportis

Scotland. Bravo on 21:33 - Nov 15 by jojaca

Smoking ban in pubs had started downfall of the drinking culture. Now the price of beer in pubs has added to that downfall, lucky to get five pints for £20.

I personally miss getting smashed every weekend in my twenties with my mates dancing my ass off to trance.

Now in my late thirties, rarely drink and life is lot more boring and don't really have that escapism from work. I used to live for the weekend, now i work the weekend.

And the answer is drinking? Take up a hobby.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Scotland. Bravo on 21:48 - Nov 15 with 2554 viewsjojaca

Scotland. Bravo on 21:38 - Nov 15 by jackportis

And the answer is drinking? Take up a hobby.

I get bored easily these days and hobbies don't stick. Working and going to the gym leaves me tired all the time.

Scotland. Bravo on 22:02 - Nov 15 with 2533 viewswhoflungdung

Drink makes one more tired

We need to do summat

Scotland. Bravo on 22:18 - Nov 15 with 2501 viewsGaryjack

Scotland. Bravo on 22:02 - Nov 15 by whoflungdung

Drink makes one more tired

We need to do summat

I take it you stay within the recommended alcohol intake Richard?
Scotland. Bravo on 22:28 - Nov 15 with 2480 viewsLeonWasGod

Scotland. Bravo on 22:18 - Nov 15 by Garyjack

I take it you stay within the recommended alcohol intake Richard?

Is there a limit for people from 'that part of the world'? Isn't it just what they can smuggle out of the offie under their hoody?
Scotland. Bravo on 22:35 - Nov 15 with 2459 viewsCooperman

Scotland. Bravo on 21:33 - Nov 15 by jojaca

It’s pub culture that is disappearing, not drinking culture.

The big difference now is that you can get mullered at home on a decent brew for well under a tenner.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:40 - Nov 15 with 2449 viewsjack_lord

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland. Bravo on 01:16 - Nov 16 with 2405 viewsHighjack

Yes let's price people out of enjoying themselves, it's the modern way.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scotland. Bravo on 05:30 - Nov 16 with 2375 viewsicecoldjack

Great, lets tax the poor for one of the few things left they/we can afford . Does the extra revenue go straight to the NHS ?
Scotland. Bravo on 08:13 - Nov 16 with 2317 viewsElward

I think it says a lot about people who say without going out drinking or getting drunk that they are bored. Ever thought that it's maybe you that is boring? You need alcohol to have a good time? Maybe take up a hobby or do something? Your life is still your life weather you have alcohol or not, only difference is when your drunk you forget how boring you actually are. Just my take.
Scotland. Bravo on 09:07 - Nov 16 with 2294 viewsjojaca

Scotland. Bravo on 08:13 - Nov 16 by Elward

I think it says a lot about people who say without going out drinking or getting drunk that they are bored. Ever thought that it's maybe you that is boring? You need alcohol to have a good time? Maybe take up a hobby or do something? Your life is still your life weather you have alcohol or not, only difference is when your drunk you forget how boring you actually are. Just my take.

Life gets naturally more boring when you get older, you seen most of it and experienced it. You get to the point and say is that it, working 40 hours a week in a dead end job until your 70+ is like cheese grater on your soul. Alcohol and drugs help escape this reality for five minutes.

You can post you should do X, Y, Z, but A,B,C is stopping you from doing it. We all lead different lives with different problems.

Scotland. Bravo on 09:24 - Nov 16 with 2273 viewsFrank_Lazarus

Scotland. Bravo on 08:13 - Nov 16 by Elward

I bet you're an absolute hoot at parties.
Scotland. Bravo on 09:39 - Nov 16 with 2254 viewswhoflungdung

People who cannot enjoy themselves without alcohol need a rethink

It's no good being defensive about this

Alcohol is pretty destructive in one way or another and if we NEED it to enjoy life then surely questions need to be asked

Even on this thread comments become personal

It's not PUB culture at all .Alcohol is stupid cheap and we make excuses all the time

Scotland. Bravo on 09:39 - Nov 16 with 2254 viewsElward

Scotland. Bravo on 09:24 - Nov 16 by Frank_Lazarus

I bet you're an absolute hoot at parties.

I am indeed, and guess what, I don't need to rely on alcohol either
Scotland. Bravo on 09:43 - Nov 16 with 2250 viewstheloneranger

So businesses just across the border in England can make a fortune from "booze runs" coming from Scotland.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Scotland. Bravo on 09:44 - Nov 16 with 2250 viewsunion_jack

Scotland. Bravo on 09:39 - Nov 16 by whoflungdung

Alcohol is pretty destructive in one way or another and if we NEED it to enjoy life then surely questions need to be asked

It's not PUB culture at all .Alcohol is stupid cheap and we make excuses all the time

Although I was 110% behind the smoking ban as it directly affects others, I think this initiative reeks of a nanny state approach.

Alcohol, whilst it is still legal, should be sold at the market price and not taxed to keep people healthy. That's up to the individual.

Just my opinion.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Scotland. Bravo on 09:52 - Nov 16 with 2244 viewsElward

Scotland. Bravo on 09:07 - Nov 16 by jojaca

Life gets naturally more boring when you get older, you seen most of it and experienced it. You get to the point and say is that it, working 40 hours a week in a dead end job until your 70+ is like cheese grater on your soul. Alcohol and drugs help escape this reality for five minutes.

You can post you should do X, Y, Z, but A,B,C is stopping you from doing it. We all lead different lives with different problems.

I appreciate what your saying but don't put yourself in a position where you feel the need to say "is that it". Yes it will help forget reality for a while but what happens the next day when you wake up and remember reality again, have another drink and repeat?

With regard to if you should do X, Y, Z but A, B, C is stopping you, why is it stopping you? What is stopping you from not having a dead end job, a qualification? What is stopping you getting that qualification, is it money? Why is there a lack of money to invest in getting yourself a better job? Maybe need to work more hours or an additional/other work for extra money? Is it because your a single parent? Do open university and get a grant. I'd much rather work more hours overtime or doing other forms of help to get me more money for a year or two to be able to help get me a qualification to get a better job that will give me back more money over the next 10, 20, 30 years etc.

I completely understand some circumstances there are complications however a lot of time it seems people use alcohol to escape reality as a poor excuse when in fact they can make their life better if they actually tried as you answered it yourself. People drink alcohol and take drugs to escape the reality of maybe your (not you personally) life is a bit crap and boring.

This isn't targeted at you, just in response to what your saying by the way so please do not take offense.
Scotland. Bravo on 10:06 - Nov 16 with 2229 viewswhoflungdung

No,life does not necessarily become more boring. If it is, one needs to reflect on why .

The poor needed drink to help their awful lives small smacks of Victorian Gin Houses

The " poor" are the last people drink helps ,it kills them

The rich ? Well price won't be an issue ,so feck em ,innit

Scotland. Bravo on 11:11 - Nov 16 with 2193 viewscmajack

Problem with this is that people who are dependant on it will still find the money for it somewhere. Even if it's keeping their family with less money than they are getting now.
Scotland. Bravo on 11:26 - Nov 16 with 2172 viewspikeypaul

At present it only affects the lowest price end drinks but once a landlord is forced to sell his cheapest pint at only a minimum difference to his premium pints of beer guess what will inevitably happen to the price of the premium beers.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Scotland. Bravo on 11:34 - Nov 16 with 2165 viewsLoyal

I would put forward 50p as the price of a pint as a minimum.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Scotland. Bravo on 12:45 - Nov 16 with 2137 viewswhoflungdung

But it will make people think about how much they drink .

Its not good for us ,especially the older you get , and its got to be a sensible plan.

Firstly, we have to get rid of this horrendous culture we have of seeing our people going away to Krakow,Tallinn,Amsterdam and anywhere cheap basically to get hammered and act like clowns . Its why many countries look down on us and when you re in Schipol watching the pisssed up dross coming and going to and from British airoprts you ll see my point.

Its hard to imagine ,for example, young Italian,French,Dutch,Spanish Portuguese girls drinking themselves to oblivion and then regretting it all - until the next time.

Scotland. Bravo on 13:00 - Nov 16 with 2131 viewspikeypaul

If the price of drink carries on going up it will only encourage groups going away to such places.

It will be like what the Scandinavians do now.

A few years ago when my son was at university in London a lot of weekends they would fly to Poland or Czech Republic
on low cost flights since it would work out cheaper than having a weekend out in London.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Scotland. Bravo on 13:53 - Nov 16 with 2101 viewsLeonWasGod

Scotland. Bravo on 09:39 - Nov 16 by whoflungdung

Bugger me, you can talk sense!

Nice to have beer or two though or a nice glass of grape juice, isn't it?

I don't think pricing will make any difference. It is cultural. Whilst it's seem as macho/aspirational to get bladdered nothing will change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024