Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leighton kicking off 21:35 - Nov 16 with 4401 viewsDarran

Bit silly really. Football can be pathetic.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-city-legend-shuns-burnley-1

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Leighton kicking off on 21:50 - Nov 16 with 3938 viewsdickythorpe

Poor Leighton, stupid Burnley
Leighton kicking off on 08:24 - Nov 17 with 3491 viewsjackal

Speaks volumes of their crowd, or their opinion of them if they think that a three year old will incite them.
Leighton kicking off on 08:28 - Nov 17 with 3479 viewsFireboy2

I think the people who initially made that decision need to give themselves a good slap in the face

The imbeciles
Leighton kicking off on 09:43 - Nov 17 with 3398 viewsJohnw102

Seems the admin at Burnley have a very low opinion of their fans if they think that they would boo a 3 year old child. I have always found the Burnley fans to be a decent crowd.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Leighton kicking off on 11:06 - Nov 17 with 3302 viewsLoyal

Burnley say it was a gross misunderstanding, then agree Leighton is right.
A fcking three year old ffs.
We have kids from the opposition on the pitch every game nearly !

And then they say slightly inappropriate .... fck me lost for words.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leighton kicking off on 11:39 - Nov 17 with 3244 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

You have to side with Leighton here if the facts are accurate. Very poor. I've seen hundreds of children in opposition colours take penalties just 15 feet from the South stand and not once has the reaction been anything but cheerful.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Leighton kicking off on 11:45 - Nov 17 with 3231 viewsOldjack

it's just a misunderstanding ,which can now be easily sorted out

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Leighton kicking off on 12:58 - Nov 17 with 3122 viewsswan65split

the actions by Burnley are more likely to cause tension than any kid i an away strip!
Disgusting .
Login to get fewer ads

Leighton kicking off on 13:33 - Nov 17 with 3066 viewsLoyal

Leighton kicking off on 11:45 - Nov 17 by Oldjack

it's just a misunderstanding ,which can now be easily sorted out

They won't let a three year old on the pitch in swans colours, no misunderstanding, they are cnts.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leighton kicking off on 14:30 - Nov 17 with 2969 viewsJimmyGilligan

I haven't stopped laughing at that picture of him since I saw it earlier today.
Leighton kicking off on 15:38 - Nov 17 with 2917 viewsJoshTheJack

Leighton forgot to mention his granddaughter would be in a Burnley kit,But still any football fan who boos or chants at a child needs their heads examined and banned.Good for him for telling them to do one.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 15:38]
Leighton kicking off on 19:56 - Nov 17 with 2730 viewsGlyn1

This isn't the Burnley fans' fault. It's just someone in their club office trying to play safe. And being stupid.

I hope it's been sorted out, for the kids' sake.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Leighton kicking off on 20:08 - Nov 17 with 2700 viewsjackportis

Leighton kicking off on 19:56 - Nov 17 by Glyn1

This isn't the Burnley fans' fault. It's just someone in their club office trying to play safe. And being stupid.

I hope it's been sorted out, for the kids' sake.

I'm sure this 2 year old won't care less. Still failing that she can have a tantrum with her grandad.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Leighton kicking off on 20:15 - Nov 17 with 2692 viewsWingstandwood

Some player he was, when he could be bothered! Could have had a far more glittering career, could have played for many a top European team, could have had a trophy cabinet stuffed full of trophies and medals. Had an attitude problem and was way too darn chopsy.

A staggering waste of truly unique talent he truly was, absolutely unstoppable on his day!

Argus!

Leighton kicking off on 22:30 - Nov 17 with 2581 viewsmonmouth

Leighton kicking off on 20:15 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

Some player he was, when he could be bothered! Could have had a far more glittering career, could have played for many a top European team, could have had a trophy cabinet stuffed full of trophies and medals. Had an attitude problem and was way too darn chopsy.

A staggering waste of truly unique talent he truly was, absolutely unstoppable on his day!

Sorry, I don’t think he wasted his talent, I think he fulfilled it. With his hometown team and his country.

He was always just below the top level, but had flashes of greatness. Playing for European teams was not done in those days - keegan is the only one I can think of, and he only got to Hamburg. He had his golden year in 81/82 with us and a bit earlier with Wales. One of my favourite players but never better than what he achieved.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leighton kicking off on 22:37 - Nov 17 with 2569 viewsWingstandwood

Leighton kicking off on 22:30 - Nov 17 by monmouth

Sorry, I don’t think he wasted his talent, I think he fulfilled it. With his hometown team and his country.

He was always just below the top level, but had flashes of greatness. Playing for European teams was not done in those days - keegan is the only one I can think of, and he only got to Hamburg. He had his golden year in 81/82 with us and a bit earlier with Wales. One of my favourite players but never better than what he achieved.

The likes of referee Keith Hackett who shared the same pitch has him along with his verbals, tantrams and anti-ref run-ins spoke highly of him. He marvelled at his abilty to rip defences apart and seconded him only to George Best.

Argus!

Leighton kicking off on 22:37 - Nov 17 with 2567 viewsDr_Winston

Much like most of the Swans team at the time.

Most of them are club legends for sure. Not many of them interested the top teams at the time however.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leighton kicking off on 22:48 - Nov 17 with 2537 viewsDarran

Steve Archibald.

Leighton kicking off on 22:50 - Nov 17 with 2530 viewsDarran

Tony Woodcock.

Leighton kicking off on 22:50 - Nov 17 with 2526 viewslonglostjack

Leighton kicking off on 22:37 - Nov 17 by Dr_Winston

Most of them are club legends for sure. Not many of them interested the top teams at the time however.

True. The transfer market was pre-Bosmen though and can't really be compared to today. Top teams ? Chelsea were in the second division and we hammered Leeds on the first day in Div 1.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Leighton kicking off on 22:52 - Nov 17 with 2517 viewsmagicdaps10

Laurie Cunningham.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Leighton kicking off on 22:56 - Nov 17 with 2512 viewsDarran

Leighton kicking off on 22:37 - Nov 17 by Dr_Winston

People only look upon them as legends because of the era they played. James was class and could probably have played for anyone but he only played 88 times for us compared to Michael Howard 228 and KOL 281.

Leighton kicking off on 22:56 - Nov 17 with 2512 viewslonglostjack

Leighton kicking off on 22:50 - Nov 17 by Darran

Tony Woodcock.

Dave Watson

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Leighton kicking off on 22:59 - Nov 17 with 2504 viewsLeonWasGod

Don't we have kids turn up in all colours of kits to kick balls at Cyril at half time? Seems really petty.

And Leighton these days, 64 they reckon? Looks more like 84. The poor dab's not aging well.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 23:00]
Leighton kicking off on 10:59 - Nov 18 with 2301 viewsWingstandwood

Leighton kicking off on 22:59 - Nov 17 by LeonWasGod

Don't we have kids turn up in all colours of kits to kick balls at Cyril at half time? Seems really petty.

And Leighton these days, 64 they reckon? Looks more like 84. The poor dab's not aging well.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 23:00]

I question his age related judgement skills, bumped into him in Gorseinon and he said that that the only thing wrong with Montero was "He needed an arm around his shoulder".

He has a bizaree personality trait where even (he's critised Monetero before) if you say something he's agreed with previously he will deliberately be argumentative and disagree just for the sake of it. There is a sort of "Well thats Leighton, thats the way he is" acceptance of that from the locals.

Like I said, he could have had a far more littering career as a player. If he had Leon's personna he would sure have had some skills to teach as a coach also. I get the inkling clubs might see his persona as poison?

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024