Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments 16:01 - Nov 17 with 13022 viewsLandore_Jack

Nigel Hamer, Secretary to the Swansea City Supporters' Trust Board has today confirmed that current Trust Vice Chairman, Will Morris will be taking up the vacant position of Trust Chairman with immediate effect. Will continues as an Associate Director of the Club.

Commenting on his appointment as Chairman Will said. 'I propose to make a full statement to Trust Members in the coming days. In the meantime however I just wanted to say that I am privileged to take on this role and together with the rest of the Trust Board will always look to work in the long term interest of the Football Club and its fans. The ongoing discussions with the Majority Shareholders over the proposed sale of some of the Trust's shareholding is something I would want to see concluded as soon as possible and I can again re-assure you that if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members.'

Nigel Hamer also confirmed that Alan Lewis will take up the Vice Chairman's position vacated by Will Morris.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:06]

#backtojack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 09:11 - Nov 18 with 1906 viewsGowerjack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 16:43 - Nov 17 by max936

Exactly Nige. This deal will go through in spite of any movement of the goal posts in my opinion, somin has to be done a strong vote of no confidence has to be brought to bare, next home game flyers need to be given out to that end explaining exactly what has/is going on.

Max

That's why you have to spend the tenner mate.

Otherwise your opinion counts for nothing.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 09:42 - Nov 18 with 1835 viewsMoscowJack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 09:06 - Nov 18 by Uxbridge

In fairness I don't think your question has been ignored, probably just lost in the maelstrom. It's a good idea though, but I would say that as I made the same suggestion also! Not sure on timings though. TBC I guess. Agree on need for much more frequent and proactive comms though.

Also, fair play to Will for fronting up and answering questions or here. I hope that willingness to engage is viewed positively. Being Chairman of the Trust is a massive job and all anyone can ask is that is taken at face value.

This AD argument is a bit of a red herring though. It's a position that's nominated from the Trust board. They didn't necessarily need to also be the observer we have at board meetings, but it kind of makes sense for them to be one and the same IMO.

Quite possibly lost amongst all the postings, but it was getting a being frustrating when it was being ignored on my post and posts of others.

Will coming on here is great, but I wouldn't expect anything less on an incoming Chairman, to be honest. He has to show that he's willing and able to engage with the public and also that he has the balls to. He's done that, so far.

My main concern is still 90% about his view on the changes to the presented deal, but I can also understand why people aren't happy that the Trust's Chairman is sitting in the Director's Box. I always respected that fact that Phil sat in his own East Stand seat for nearly all games and would like to think that's continued.

Saying that, I also think Stu's role is to be in the Director's Box for games, in the same way I liked Huw Cooze being there. Some people criticised it, but I think it's important to have your finger on the pulse and be able to see/hear what's going on around the club when everyone's in the same room. The key is to ensure you remember why you're there and who you represent, not just sucking up to the Board and getting a free lunch.

Re. timings of a webinar - Wednesday is the latest it should be. It's so easy to set up and easy to inform the online fans. The only reason for delaying is to either get a story straight or to stall, for whatever reason. Neither's a good reason.

I know that I'm coming across as a bit demanding and possibly even a bit aggressive but I am really concerned about what's going on. I'm hopeful that I'm worrying over nothing but I would love to see some of the more intelligent on here (and elsewhere) get a chance to drill those at the top about what their short, mid and long-term intentions are.

As I said before, the Trust is looking extremely weak at the moment and it's only hope is to galvanise the fans and become a strong enough and vocal enough body for the Yanks to be worried about. They're certainly not worried at the moment.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 09:50 - Nov 18 with 1819 viewsPhil_S

Saying that, I also think Stu's role is to be in the Director's Box for games, in the same way I liked Huw Cooze being there. Some people criticised it, but I think it's important to have your finger on the pulse and be able to see/hear what's going on around the club when everyone's in the same room. The key is to ensure you remember why you're there and who you represent, not just sucking up to the Board and getting a free lunch.

Just thought I would pick up on the one point Nick. I am completely with you that I do believe the Trust should have a representative in the boardroom on match days. For the main period of the time I was on the board it was Huw Cooze. When he stood down and Stu took over, Stu expressed a preference to not be there every game and to spend some time in the East Stand or in the stands at away games

There were a few reasons with one of the key ones being the criticism of "cosyness" and of course the accusations that "we" must have known as people had been in the directors box. Stu, Will and myself all agreed that actually the same person week in week out could be harmful for two main reasons

1. Going in say once every 3 games may make it easier to spot different things and also there was a key resolve to speak to anyone in there who was "new"
2. Keeps those in the club on their toes and realise that the Trust is about more than just the Supporter Director

Stu probably goes in more now than he had originally planned so that meant less for Will and I (which is spot on) as the place should always be for the SD but it should always be right that the Trust has a representative in there (for the right reasons you have outlined)
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 10:16 - Nov 18 with 1768 viewsmonmouth

I’m afraid to say that I think the Trust Board with A few notable exceptions is entirely happy in its own safe little bubble where they ‘build bridges’ with people that are taking the piss out of them Nick. Indeed, I think the last thing they want is a strong supporters voice, it would scare them shitless. So they are entirely aligned with the board and happy to be the poodle. Until I see otherwise, I won’t believe otherwise. The actions so far, probably since the sale actually, are simply proving my hypothesis.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 10:29 - Nov 18 with 1738 viewswhoflungdung

in simple terms ,what is going on and why is this so important .

Simple question which thousands ,away from this site, might ask

Decent reply requested

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 10:37 - Nov 18 with 1711 viewsmonmouth

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 10:29 - Nov 18 by whoflungdung

in simple terms ,what is going on and why is this so important .

Simple question which thousands ,away from this site, might ask

Decent reply requested

Current Trust Board look to be selling the remaining supporters legacy out. Matters a lot if one is a supporter. Have you been in a coma Perch?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 10:48 - Nov 18 with 1677 viewswhoflungdung

No but I know someone who is.

Just what the feck is up with you on here

I asked a simple Question.

Explain what the fear is the Yanks will do ,without any doubt, if they knob the trust off

On second thoughts ,leave it

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 11:29 - Nov 18 with 1623 viewsKingBony

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 00:04 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

Why did Will himself call it an honorary position?

That's not an answer, that's you making stuff up. I'm guessing you're messaging Phil here like you normally do but that's nowhere near an explanation

An honorary position he said. That doesn't sound Trust related

You’d argue with yourself if you were in the role you utter tool.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Login to get fewer ads

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 11:32 - Nov 18 with 1617 viewsKingBony

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 08:01 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

Good morning Will,

Can you please clarify this but clearly in much more detail as you're confusing people.

Also, you have been on the Trust for more than 11 years, why would you be made Chairman when you've got to stand down in a few weeks/months, as per the Trust's model rules?

How many games per season do you sit in the Director's box, is it a third, so around 6 games?

Do you count Leigh Dineen, Jenkins and Morgan as personal friends? Again. Just to clarify I have nothing against that, they're probably all lovely blokes, but just wondering?

You voted to keep negotiating with the Americans when they changed the initial agreement, are you of the belief the change in detail is just trivial? Why didn't you think it was time right there to say, stop, show some respect or get stuffed?

How long has Ron Knuska and Alan Lewis sat on the Board, are any over 12 years?

You say action speaks louder than words, but was there anything stopping you being more commutative in the past? You were Vice Chairman, were you under instructions not to communicate and what's changed now?

Lol 😂

He doesn’t have to answer some of those questions to you or any of us.

Not sure what makes you think you are so box office tbh 😂😂

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 11:37 - Nov 18 with 1603 viewsDarran

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 11:29 - Nov 18 by KingBony

I like you KB.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 11:48 - Nov 18 with 1584 viewsTheResurrection

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 11:32 - Nov 18 by KingBony

Lol 😂

He doesn’t have to answer some of those questions to you or any of us.

Not sure what makes you think you are so box office tbh 😂😂

What parts don't you think he should answer and why?

Have you made any meaningful contribution to this site, the Club, the Trust, or are you just happy popping along with snide comments every now and again?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 11:49 - Nov 18 with 1584 viewsKingBony

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 11:37 - Nov 18 by Darran

I like you KB.

Pleasure Darren 😂

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 12:04 - Nov 18 with 1565 viewsLoyal

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 20:11 - Nov 17 by monmouth

God luck Will and I apologise unreservedly for already slagging you off in another thread. You have my thanks and respects for coming on here. Just as a point of fact though, it is the Americans not acting in good faith is the issue, and if they are even trying to vary the deal, it doesnt matter what happens, they can not be trusted and the Trust Board is being beyond naive if it thinks otherwise. The plug needs to be pulled. They will screw you into the ground once the legal threat is removed, You only have one lever, use it.

Their dishonesty needs reinforcing outside of the swans supporters circle.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 12:12 - Nov 18 with 1542 viewsKingBony

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 11:48 - Nov 18 by TheResurrection

What parts don't you think he should answer and why?

Have you made any meaningful contribution to this site, the Club, the Trust, or are you just happy popping along with snide comments every now and again?

I’m happy to pop along with some snide comments to balance up the nonsense that you spout and will continue to do so as I see fit.

The crusade you are on will never satisfy you, it’ll never be good enough.

I really believe that even if you got into the chair ( not that you would because you’ve no people skills) but you’d argue with yourself, you are that full of it, you’d actually start questioning yourself.

Nuts mun.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 12:22 - Nov 18 with 1524 viewsDarran

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 12:12 - Nov 18 by KingBony

I’m happy to pop along with some snide comments to balance up the nonsense that you spout and will continue to do so as I see fit.

I really believe that even if you got into the chair ( not that you would because you’ve no people skills) but you’d argue with yourself, you are that full of it, you’d actually start questioning yourself.

Nuts mun.

It is a bit nuts isn’t it?
I asked a question last night that nobody answered.
Where the fuçk did they think the new Trust Chairman was going to come from?

A. Someone from the current Trust Board?
B. Any old twàt off the street?

Phone a friend if you need help.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:17 - Nov 18 with 1475 viewsNeath_Jack

I did give it a tiny thought about rejoining, after reading this board today, i'm so glad i didnt.

Absolute farce of an organisation.

As every day passes, i'm more inclined to think that the most dangerous group of people at our club are the incompetent Trust board. They are meant to be one of us, they couldn't be anything further from that at the moment, and haven't been for a long time.

Never mind, at least we keep getting to hear that comms must be improved in every single thread. It's almost like a comfort blanket.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:23 - Nov 18 with 1465 viewsTheResurrection

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 12:12 - Nov 18 by KingBony

Nuts mun.

Thanks for the counselling. I'll just get on with my life and you yours then?

I can't remember giving you the time of day before so can't see that changing now.

Take care of yourself 👍

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:24 - Nov 18 with 1461 viewsexiledclaseboy

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:17 - Nov 18 by Neath_Jack

I did give it a tiny thought about rejoining, after reading this board today, i'm so glad i didnt.

As every day passes, i'm more inclined to think that the most dangerous group of people at our club are the incompetent Trust board. They are meant to be one of us, they couldn't be anything further from that at the moment, and haven't been for a long time.

Never mind, at least we keep getting to hear that comms must be improved in every single thread. It's almost like a comfort blanket.

I didn’t rejoin and now that Phil has resigned and we know unequivocally the direction the Trust wants to take I’ve no intention of rejoining now.

Poll: Tory leader

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:25 - Nov 18 with 1459 viewsTheResurrection

And while snides like the last couple of posters keep chirping away nothing will ever change.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:30 - Nov 18 with 1449 viewsDarran

Good post. The minute the Yanks tried to move the goalposts it should have been all out attack in my opinion.

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:40 - Nov 18 with 1430 viewsGaryjack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 11:29 - Nov 18 by KingBony

Calm down KB ffs mun!
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:47 - Nov 18 with 1408 viewslondonlisa2001

I almost rejoined yesterday. Someone said they'd rejoined and immediately sent an email of concern and I thought it was a good idea.

I thought I'd wait until today to do it to see if anything had happened and I made the decision this morning to not do it.

For me, the discussions on here in the past couple of days have made my mind up. The statement yesterday from Will was the final straw. I genuinely wish him well, but the direction the Trust are travelling in is so far removed from what I'd like to see I just can't do it.

I also gave quite a lot of thought in whether to rejoin and apply to be a co-opted member. But it's just not something I want to do. Battling with people that simply don't get it is just not worth the huge investment of time it would take given the distance. And in my brief exchange with Will last night (where if I'm honest I was testing the waters), showed to me he just doesn't get it from my perspective. Doesn't mean I'm right, just means it's not for me.

If someone like Monmouth, or Clasie, or Chris or Neath-Jack or similar gets co-opted on, I will give them my full support and be available anytime to help in anyway I can, and I'd gladly rejoin if it was a help at that point.

But this situation is a nonsense.
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:01 - Nov 18 with 1384 viewsGaryjack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 13:47 - Nov 18 by londonlisa2001

I almost rejoined yesterday. Someone said they'd rejoined and immediately sent an email of concern and I thought it was a good idea.

I thought I'd wait until today to do it to see if anything had happened and I made the decision this morning to not do it.

For me, the discussions on here in the past couple of days have made my mind up. The statement yesterday from Will was the final straw. I genuinely wish him well, but the direction the Trust are travelling in is so far removed from what I'd like to see I just can't do it.

I also gave quite a lot of thought in whether to rejoin and apply to be a co-opted member. But it's just not something I want to do. Battling with people that simply don't get it is just not worth the huge investment of time it would take given the distance. And in my brief exchange with Will last night (where if I'm honest I was testing the waters), showed to me he just doesn't get it from my perspective. Doesn't mean I'm right, just means it's not for me.

If someone like Monmouth, or Clasie, or Chris or Neath-Jack or similar gets co-opted on, I will give them my full support and be available anytime to help in anyway I can, and I'd gladly rejoin if it was a help at that point.

But this situation is a nonsense.

If the Trust chairman couldn't rally the board around him, what chance has a new co-opted member? As it stands, whoever is co-opted the situation would remain the same except that now the Trust chairman still believes that after everything that has gone, a working relationship can still be forged with the Yanks!

The whole lot need to go, or as near as!
New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:14 - Nov 18 with 1360 viewsNeath_Jack

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:01 - Nov 18 by Garyjack

If the Trust chairman couldn't rally the board around him, what chance has a new co-opted member? As it stands, whoever is co-opted the situation would remain the same except that now the Trust chairman still believes that after everything that has gone, a working relationship can still be forged with the Yanks!

The whole lot need to go, or as near as!

"The whole lot need to go, or as near as!"

Which is why, by Monday morning, each and every Trust board member need to post up on their site, personal profiles of themselves, stating their viewpoints and what direction they want to take the club in. Then, by a week Monday at the latest, a forum called with all of them up on stage, facing questions from the members.

It won't happen though, they'll just issue another weak as piss statement including the inevitable "We are going to improve communications with our members", strap line.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

New Chairman and Vice Chairman appointments on 14:16 - Nov 18 with 1354 viewsGaryjack

When the fans called for a

Up steps

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024