Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. 23:04 - Nov 22 with 13520 viewsTheResurrection

Just a quick one from me on the last few days and as always I'll try to put a box office slant on the chaos we see in front of us.

For me the one thing that's shone through the most is how much we all care. I don't know how many new usernames have been created or people returned from other sites but it's clear the passion fights on in us all and this is the most positive thing to come out of what's fast become a bit of a farce.

This, as it always should have been, must be tapped into and properly nurtured. The Trust has a real chance to start again and whilst it's sad some of the old guard won't be there for this. It's also a great opportunity for new blood to go in with a relatively clean slate.

After many a text with Ux over the last few days I did tell him I'd apply for a position. Whilst considering it I told him it's been possible to effect change remotely, from the safety of my armchair, so what would be the point. But his argument of only being able to impact real change is by being on the inside, I'm ready to put that to the test.

I've been asked to apply, I've been goaded into applying and I've read many a post or feeling that I should never be even thinking about it.

We're all our own people and nobody is all black or white. I don't know how I can help or what's really involved but I've always had enough to say and never been afraid to say it.

When Tony Adams took over as Portsmouth manager after them winning the FA Cup and being so many years in the Premier League, that was a bad time to do so.

I'm thinking this is the opposite with joining the Trust right now, the only way is up, but how far up could it be taken.

I'll get round to the 250 words in the next day or so and I'm hoping one or two of the better posters on here will join me in applying.

The passion is still there, that's been clear to see, as Jay said, the fans just need someone to go in and bat for them, or at least talk to them.

We can do that.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:08 - Nov 22 with 3768 viewsDarran

Great post and very good to hear. 👏🏻

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:09 - Nov 22 with 3764 viewslondonlisa2001

Good for you Chris.

I know we've agreed but also disagreed about many, many things, but I'm really pleased to read that you are joining. Genuinely pleased.
The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:11 - Nov 22 with 3750 viewsLandore_Jack

Well done Chris. Fingers crossed for you.

#backtojack

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:11 - Nov 22 with 3750 viewsBloodyhills

Good for you.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:13 - Nov 22 with 3738 viewsSoberBaker

F*ck the 250 word essay.

Just rock up to a Trust meeting with a flag with the words "Step aside fukkas, your saviour is here!"

AMOW

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:21 - Nov 22 with 3704 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:09 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

Good for you Chris.

I know we've agreed but also disagreed about many, many things, but I'm really pleased to read that you are joining. Genuinely pleased.

And after many times over the years immediately looking back on some of our disagreements, and my childish and sometimes worse reposte's, I know I've been a cock on more than one occasion.

This site brings it all out, not an excuse, just the way it is and the way it's been. Being a bit of a naughty kid growing up I didn't get many compliments but my mother always used to say I would never bear a grudge. I kinda hope you, and others on here, have the same trait.

You'd have to really though, wouldn't you....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:21 - Nov 22 with 3701 viewsItchySphincter

F*ck it, can't do much worse. No point if you're going to be a nodding dog though.

You'll be scrutinised more than any other board member has - I hope you have the appetite.

Congratulations on your decision, looking forward to reading your 250.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:25 - Nov 22 with 3678 viewslondonlisa2001

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:21 - Nov 22 by TheResurrection

And after many times over the years immediately looking back on some of our disagreements, and my childish and sometimes worse reposte's, I know I've been a cock on more than one occasion.

This site brings it all out, not an excuse, just the way it is and the way it's been. Being a bit of a naughty kid growing up I didn't get many compliments but my mother always used to say I would never bear a grudge. I kinda hope you, and others on here, have the same trait.

Never borne a grudge in my life.

Don't intend to start now.

Edited - actually I forgot. Michael Chopra. I still hate him.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2017 23:38]
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:29 - Nov 22 with 3649 viewsDarran

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:21 - Nov 22 by TheResurrection

I won’t bear a grudge honest.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:38 - Nov 22 with 3639 viewsTNT

Fack off!

Good on yer!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:45 - Nov 22 with 3617 viewsMattG

Good luck, Chris - interesting times ahead!
The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:51 - Nov 22 with 3601 viewsWarwickHunt

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 23:13 - Nov 22 by SoberBaker

F*ck the 250 word essay.

Just rock up to a Trust meeting with a flag with the words "Step aside fukkas, your saviour is here!"

I am The Way - listen the fack up!
The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 01:05 - Nov 23 with 3509 viewsDJack

Over a number of years I've disagreed with many things you've posted and in particular your posting "style", however, I think you are doing something worthwhile and for that I salute you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 01:18 - Nov 23 with 3501 viewsKingBony

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 02:44 - Nov 23 with 3465 viewsTheKirkyLife

Can only echo the sentiments of all previous replies. Even if there have been disagreements your passion for the club is undoubted. I trust that more than anything PR men will spit out as crowd pleasing.
The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 06:13 - Nov 23 with 3409 viewsJackfath

Let’s all hope this will see an end to all the threats of violence. Some of the PMs I’ve got from the “saviour” would make interesting reading!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 06:48 - Nov 23 with 3358 viewsKilkennyjack

What a fecking drama queen.

Look at me, look at me.

Be a man and just do it, or don’t do it.

I will not vote for you. Sorry to spoil your self indulgence.

Beware of the Risen People

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 07:24 - Nov 23 with 3309 viewsPhil_S

Good, I'll stand alongside you as I can now return now I have circumnavigated the 12 year rule

In all seriousness though, good to read and been long overdue

Good luck
The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 07:42 - Nov 23 with 3275 viewsmarchamjack

Fair play. I definitely don't see things all your way and likely never will, but if you've got the bllx to finally step up to back your words with actions, then genuinely best of luck to you.

The Trust can't keep on being invisible and one thing guaranteed with you it won't be.

You'll have my vote. Don't fack it up 😉

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 08:06 - Nov 23 with 3228 viewsNeath_Jack

Now then, in amongst all the shite of the past few days/weeks/months, a bit of positive news for a change.

Good on you for stepping up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 08:13 - Nov 23 with 3205 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 06:48 - Nov 23 by Kilkennyjack

What a fecking drama queen.

Look at me, look at me.

Be a man and just do it, or don’t do it.

I will not vote for you. Sorry to spoil your self indulgence.

You probably think I take myself that seriously.

And I've got a Brendan Rodgers style life size cut out of me in my hallway....

This site makes mugs out of us all, I know that for sure when I read your posts 👍

Cheers, mostly.

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 08:15 - Nov 23 with 3206 viewsE20Jack

Top man.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 08:30 - Nov 23 with 3153 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 07:24 - Nov 23 by Phil_S

Good, I'll stand alongside you as I can now return now I have circumnavigated the 12 year rule

In all seriousness though, good to read and been long overdue

Good luck

Otherwise known as doing a Ron 😉

You'll be back...

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 09:06 - Nov 23 with 3073 viewsYossarian

Good luck Res- Your posts on this thread have shown that you have ‘insight’. I just thought you must be as hard as feck because of the thousands of punch ups you must have had in the course of your life!
We all disagree with each other from time to time- but if you get elected you really can’t scream at people (even Jenkins) if you think they’re Kent’s! Take a leaf out of Alan Lewis’ book- proper gent.
I’ll look for a ‘Chris’ on the ballot paper and vote for you- it should be an interesting time!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Trust, Our Responsibility.... The passion is still there. on 09:22 - Nov 23 with 3031 viewsVetchfielder

Nice one Chris , best of luck.

Proud to have been one of the 231

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024