Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony and Sanches today 00:39 - Nov 26 with 5409 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Firstly a big well done to Bony today. He embraced the captaincy of the team to the max and seemed to be everywhere. Fantastic performance and MOTM for me.

Renato Sanches today began to show what he's truly capable of in this unforgiving division. During the second half in particular he seemed to visibly gain confidence and I think a lot if that was in part down to Bony's presence on the field. Some of Sanches link up play behind the front two tells me that the no.10 role is ideal for him. He's no tackler or box to box midfielder but his vision and awareness of his surroundings and team mates positions are going to be a big asset for us. I don't know for the life of me why he was crooked after becoming a massive threat to the Bournemouth defence.

He along with Mesa needs this game time , and watching Roque today he doesn't seem comfortable in the Leon role. I'd like to see Leon play with Mesa in between him and Sanches with Carrol playing if we're using the diamond in midfield. I know it will be midgets United but it may just give us the balance we've been crying our for . Fer to come on as impact sub .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony and Sanches today on 07:43 - Nov 26 with 5194 viewsDr_Winston

Thought Sanches was so-so to be honest. Some nice breaks with the ball and his passing is a little better but his final delivery was woeful. Like Mesa he needs games though so I'd keep starting him for now.

Wilf proved that the rumours of his demise are unfounded. His first touch, control and spatial awareness are as good as they ever were and the captaincy seemed to encourage him even more. Need to be playing Abraham alongside him consistently so they can form an understanding.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony and Sanches today on 08:35 - Nov 26 with 5103 viewsbermudajack

It’s all about opinions so don’t shoot me down...
Totally agree with your observation on Bony, really thrived today and unlucky with the goal being disallowed... 👍
Cannot agree with your views on Sanchez unfortunately... I cannot for the life of me see how he’s anywhere near the first team ATM
His short passing is atrocious... simple 5 or 10yard passes going astray, his decision making is ponderous and he stifled some great attacking opportunities yesterday... and he looks unfit to me...

After giving the ball away when in an attacking situation - again, he then ran back to try and retrieve the ball - almost the length of the pitch... the next 10mins he could barely breath, didn’t want the ball and was out of the game, you could see him breathing heavily by his shoulders...

His pass completion is poor but when he runs with the ball he looks dangerous, his positional play is generally quite good... the problems begin when he tries to pass...

Like the pundits on BT sport said yesterday.... if he was a youth player being given a first team opportunity - based on his performances so far - we’d never see him again... the only reason we are... is because of past reputations and the price tag we’re paying BM for him... nothing else...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Bony and Sanches today on 09:12 - Nov 26 with 4968 viewsSPboy

Think I’d go along your observations. If we have to accommodate Sanches and Bony, Abraham has to play also. For me that means using Ayew and Fer as impact players if we have to play the 3 of them.
Bony and Sanches today on 09:26 - Nov 26 with 4913 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony and Sanches today on 08:35 - Nov 26 by bermudajack

It’s all about opinions so don’t shoot me down...
Totally agree with your observation on Bony, really thrived today and unlucky with the goal being disallowed... 👍
Cannot agree with your views on Sanchez unfortunately... I cannot for the life of me see how he’s anywhere near the first team ATM
His short passing is atrocious... simple 5 or 10yard passes going astray, his decision making is ponderous and he stifled some great attacking opportunities yesterday... and he looks unfit to me...

After giving the ball away when in an attacking situation - again, he then ran back to try and retrieve the ball - almost the length of the pitch... the next 10mins he could barely breath, didn’t want the ball and was out of the game, you could see him breathing heavily by his shoulders...

His pass completion is poor but when he runs with the ball he looks dangerous, his positional play is generally quite good... the problems begin when he tries to pass...

Like the pundits on BT sport said yesterday.... if he was a youth player being given a first team opportunity - based on his performances so far - we’d never see him again... the only reason we are... is because of past reputations and the price tag we’re paying BM for him... nothing else...

First half I'd agree but on his second half showing there is definitely a very good payer in there. There was more than one instance with him and Bony linking up very well indeed and I think that Mesa behind him and Leon anchoring could be a winning set up (or at least a far more competitive and dangerous one) than what we have now.

I may be wrong but there seems to be a bit of a confidence issue going on with him. I wonder if at the age of 19 he feels inhibited and maybe can't play his natural game? Perhaps playing under strict managers orders in an ultra defensive set up could be stiffling him and the other players full potential. Could it possibly be at 19 he's feeeling a bit intimidated by some of his team mates? I'm probably wrong but I was heartened to seehim imposing himself more and more on the game as the second half wore on.

Bony and Sanches today on 09:28 - Nov 26 with 4907 viewsicecoldjack

I thought Bony was great for us yesterday, getting his mojo back and being made captain was an inspired choice by Clement, he grew another few inches and was a leader on the field.

Sanches, hmmm.... desperate for him to do well, i actually thought he was one of our best at Burnley but was bang average yesterday. He istrying hard IMO and i'm hopeful things will improve for him as he gets to play more in a settled team.

Speaking of settled team, thats key to players like Bony,Mesa and Sanches being able to contribute, have the problem is that these players arn't playing with the same players one week to the next, this makes it harder to establish understanding and is extreely frustrating for players.

You see Ollson and Carol have built up that understanding, more often than not they know when to go long and when to come short for each other, players like Mesa and Sanches have no clue about their team mates because they never get to build the understanding in game situations, thats a huge failing of Clement by the way not the players.

Mesa is playing safe football for a few reasons, one being he doesn't seem to want to give clement an excuse to banish him by making an error, the other is like i said above, he doesn't know his team mates game positioning, will they come short here, do they turn there, will they drop bck here, it all lends itself to the safer option pass, Mesa will come good for us with a settled team, he has the passion to want to play, that is clear to see, i think the same with Bony and Sanches, they want to do well but fitness and intergration are holding them back, we need an answer at 10 and we need to solve the puzzle of the final 3rd but we arn't far off.

Clement has IMO prolonged our problem but has hopefully seen a way out with the current line up, a few decent January signings and we could be ok, it's quite unbelievable we are still in touch in the league so it's all to play for .
Bony and Sanches today on 09:44 - Nov 26 with 4842 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony and Sanches today on 07:43 - Nov 26 by Dr_Winston

Thought Sanches was so-so to be honest. Some nice breaks with the ball and his passing is a little better but his final delivery was woeful. Like Mesa he needs games though so I'd keep starting him for now.

Wilf proved that the rumours of his demise are unfounded. His first touch, control and spatial awareness are as good as they ever were and the captaincy seemed to encourage him even more. Need to be playing Abraham alongside him consistently so they can form an understanding.

Couldn't agree more about the game time issue with Sanches and Mesa. It was posted yesterday or the day before that we could be at least 5 points better off than we are now had Clement perservered with starting Mesa.

I just don't get Clement's management of the situation at all. When we played Manchester United at home Clement took him and two others off when we were in the ascendancy and pegging United back. If anyone was going to score next it was us and Mesa had got a grip on the game and was driving us forward. Instead him and Bartley were taken off and they immediately scored 3 goals in four minutes!

Fast forward to the Watford game and when he came on in the second half Mesa turned the game around for us . Yes he made an error under pressure in the build up to the goal but Mawson should have taken the vast majority of the blame for not clearing the ball into the stands.

So really through no fault of his own Mesa repeatedly finds himself marginalised by a manager who most fans percieve doesn't have any liking or time for him at all. All press releases seem to be on the negative from PC about RM - that's hardly going to help the player either.

As for Sanches there were glimpses of real talent there in the second half. I hope he gains the confidence to really start imposing himself on matches from now on. Same re Mesa too.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 9:46]

Bony and Sanches today on 09:56 - Nov 26 with 4778 viewsSwanski

Yep wilf thrived with the armband. Just needs game time and build a midfield around his strengths as we need goals. Last year we had the aerial presence of llorente and the midfield was organised for that. Wilf can hold it up and tammy can poach off the scraps but we need to get the middle of the park sorted. We have 2/3 strikers so our options are limited and a plethora of midfielders so we need to build the middle accordingly.
Bony and Sanches today on 09:57 - Nov 26 with 4772 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony and Sanches today on 09:28 - Nov 26 by icecoldjack

I thought Bony was great for us yesterday, getting his mojo back and being made captain was an inspired choice by Clement, he grew another few inches and was a leader on the field.

Sanches, hmmm.... desperate for him to do well, i actually thought he was one of our best at Burnley but was bang average yesterday. He istrying hard IMO and i'm hopeful things will improve for him as he gets to play more in a settled team.

Speaking of settled team, thats key to players like Bony,Mesa and Sanches being able to contribute, have the problem is that these players arn't playing with the same players one week to the next, this makes it harder to establish understanding and is extreely frustrating for players.

You see Ollson and Carol have built up that understanding, more often than not they know when to go long and when to come short for each other, players like Mesa and Sanches have no clue about their team mates because they never get to build the understanding in game situations, thats a huge failing of Clement by the way not the players.

Mesa is playing safe football for a few reasons, one being he doesn't seem to want to give clement an excuse to banish him by making an error, the other is like i said above, he doesn't know his team mates game positioning, will they come short here, do they turn there, will they drop bck here, it all lends itself to the safer option pass, Mesa will come good for us with a settled team, he has the passion to want to play, that is clear to see, i think the same with Bony and Sanches, they want to do well but fitness and intergration are holding them back, we need an answer at 10 and we need to solve the puzzle of the final 3rd but we arn't far off.

Clement has IMO prolonged our problem but has hopefully seen a way out with the current line up, a few decent January signings and we could be ok, it's quite unbelievable we are still in touch in the league so it's all to play for .

Nail on head there Icey. How on earth can the manager expect a consistet team performance when there is no consistency in selection?

As fireboy says I think (as we don't have two wingers good enough to play) that we stick with the diamond and set up like this :-

Fabianski

Naughton Fernandez Mawson Olsson

Leon/Ki?

Mesa Carroll
Sanches

2 of Bony/Tammy/Ayew

We looked more of a team yesterday but to get the best out of Mesa he shouldn't play DM but the link between DM and the head of the diamond. I can see Tammy's pace and Wilf's strength giving Sanches great options in front of him to create chances. Playing so negatively is playing into opposition hands . We will go down this way. At least this system means we don't go down without a fight.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 9:58]

Login to get fewer ads

Bony and Sanches today on 10:20 - Nov 26 with 4681 viewsPegojack

Bony - oytstandin'

Sanches - SO frustrating. You can see there's a class player in there somewhere, but his basics keep letting him down. He fecked up several times at crucial moments in attacking situations yesterday which left you saying to yourself "WTF!!??". A third of the season has gone, how much longer can we persevere while waiting for the real Sanches to emerge?
Bony and Sanches today on 10:26 - Nov 26 with 4655 viewsicecoldjack

Bony and Sanches today on 09:57 - Nov 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Nail on head there Icey. How on earth can the manager expect a consistet team performance when there is no consistency in selection?

As fireboy says I think (as we don't have two wingers good enough to play) that we stick with the diamond and set up like this :-

Fabianski

Naughton Fernandez Mawson Olsson

Leon/Ki?

Mesa Carroll
Sanches

2 of Bony/Tammy/Ayew

We looked more of a team yesterday but to get the best out of Mesa he shouldn't play DM but the link between DM and the head of the diamond. I can see Tammy's pace and Wilf's strength giving Sanches great options in front of him to create chances. Playing so negatively is playing into opposition hands . We will go down this way. At least this system means we don't go down without a fight.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2017 9:58]

Mesa needs to play, but i think he needs to play a position and stick with it, Leon got to be so could because he had years of learning that skill with the same players around him until most of his passes to Rngel or Taylor or Ash were automatic 1 we won't have that over night, but steady selection and familiar players next to each other will help.

Ki was our best set piece taker, he needs to practice them all week and then he is permanent fixture in the team .

I would play Bony every week and build things around him, Tammy won't be here in 6 months time so clement needs to find a way of playing him off Wilf, who IMO should also be captain, some players thrive on wearing the armband and i think he's one of those .

Ayew is a nightmare, he does so much good work and is a real handful in the final 3rd, i think he also needs to start every week, with Bony holding it further up the field it will mean Ayew and Tammy attacking and running with th eball in the right part of the field .

Carol,Sanches,Fer are all lumped in together for me right now, i've been a harsh critic of Tom Carol don't really rate him but he had a decent game yesterday, his problem is that his decent games are few and far between, Olson works better with Tom in the team though so that may give him an edge .
Bony and Sanches today on 16:15 - Nov 26 with 4394 viewscaucau

Bony and Sanches today on 10:20 - Nov 26 by Pegojack

Bony - oytstandin'

Sanches - SO frustrating. You can see there's a class player in there somewhere, but his basics keep letting him down. He fecked up several times at crucial moments in attacking situations yesterday which left you saying to yourself "WTF!!??". A third of the season has gone, how much longer can we persevere while waiting for the real Sanches to emerge?

Hi again from Portugal.

Some months ago, when Swansea hired Sanches i wrote and advised you all that Sanches is a flop.
Some of you say that if he was formed in your clube he was already away from the club.
He was formed on Portuguese press, which use red glasses, and promote benfica players with Jorge Mendes agent help.
Its a shame football here in Portugal, benfica corrupts all the system, controls media, and are partners on Scams with Jorge Mendes.
Sanches is just a sample.
Google for emails scandal in portugal...

With this scams, media control, and Jorge Mendes associated, see how is the football here.
Bony and Sanches today on 16:29 - Nov 26 with 4350 viewsOptimisticJack

Excellent all round performance by Bony yesterday. He showed true leadership. I liked the way he controlled his players when they approached the ref to dispute the disallowed goal. He took full control of the situation.
Sanchez for me showed an increase in confidence , I think the presence of Bony has helped him. Messa seemed to grow into the game and generally a very promising performance.
Well done Tom Carroll also.
All in all a much improved performance and the team seemed to be galvanised again showing a great fighting spirit.
Bony being appointed captain may prove an inspired decision. He showed the leadership we have been lacking.

Optimisticjack

Bony and Sanches today on 16:33 - Nov 26 with 4336 viewsSmellyplumz

Bony and Sanches today on 16:15 - Nov 26 by caucau

Hi again from Portugal.

Some months ago, when Swansea hired Sanches i wrote and advised you all that Sanches is a flop.
Some of you say that if he was formed in your clube he was already away from the club.
He was formed on Portuguese press, which use red glasses, and promote benfica players with Jorge Mendes agent help.
Its a shame football here in Portugal, benfica corrupts all the system, controls media, and are partners on Scams with Jorge Mendes.
Sanches is just a sample.
Google for emails scandal in portugal...

With this scams, media control, and Jorge Mendes associated, see how is the football here.

Aye don't worry we can see he's shit.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Bony and Sanches today on 16:51 - Nov 26 with 4294 viewsicecoldjack

Bony and Sanches today on 16:33 - Nov 26 by Smellyplumz

Aye don't worry we can see he's shit.

He surr isnt a £35 m pound player from what ive seen, and that was when £35m was a real big chunk of change !!

He's been disappointing but I think he's trying hard to gain some kind of form,I'm not writing him off yet .
Bony and Sanches today on 21:13 - Nov 26 with 4015 viewsSwanjaxs

I nailed my colours firmly to the mast when we re signed Bony but have to say he was immense yesterday, he ran his bolloxs off and was far and away our best player, more than willing to eat my words if he carries on in this vein 👏

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Bony and Sanches today on 21:24 - Nov 26 with 3986 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony and Sanches today on 21:13 - Nov 26 by Swanjaxs

I nailed my colours firmly to the mast when we re signed Bony but have to say he was immense yesterday, he ran his bolloxs off and was far and away our best player, more than willing to eat my words if he carries on in this vein 👏

Same here . I wasn't convinced at all but he gave his all for the shirt, his team mates and the fans. I'd love to eat my words at the end of the season if he hits 12 or more league goals.

Bony and Sanches today on 21:33 - Nov 26 with 3958 viewstheloneranger

Savage has never forgot Pintado's tackle.

http://www.football365.com/news/sherwood-savage-sutton-slam-swanseas-sanches

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bony and Sanches today on 22:51 - Nov 26 with 3839 viewsSwanski

Yep wilf thrived with the armband. Just needs game time and build a midfield around his strengths as we need goals. Last year we had the aerial presence of llorente and the midfield was organised for that. Wilf can hold it up and tammy can poach off the scraps but we need to get the middle of the park sorted. We have 2/3 strikers so our options are limited and a plethora of midfielders so we need to build the middle accordingly.
Bony and Sanches today on 03:30 - Nov 27 with 3701 viewsDavillin

Bony and Sanches today on 09:28 - Nov 26 by icecoldjack

O.K., Ice, I gave you a "thumbs-up" because I think virtually all of your observations are very well thought-out and logical -- except perhaps for one.

You wrote in part, ". . . a few decent January signings and we could be ok."

I worry much about that, as most of his difficulties so far have been an inability to pick and play a settled first team side, and having a few more very high cost -- but not earth-shattering -- players will only start his endless fiddle-f'kin' around with changing players -- his worst managing behaviour and something I'm hoping has ended forever after today.

N.B. I said that "I worry about it" not that I am predicting it.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Bony and Sanches today on 04:36 - Nov 27 with 3669 viewsLeonWasGod

I'd play Fer in a more advanced role rather than Renato. How long are we prepared to wait for him to come good? When he can prove he can come off the bench and affect a game then he deserves a starting spot.

Wilf has to start. We either have to play with Ayew unfortunately or wingers otherwise we'd have no pace. So that means Tammy on the bench.

PC has to play to players' strengths, not shoehorn his favourites in at the expense of the team shape or play players in their non-favourite positions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024