Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board 11:33 - Dec 10 with 10765 viewsTheResurrection

Just had the nod now so congratulations firstly to the ones that did. I hope you can go someway to changing the old duffery and stale approach I've now had first hand witness to.

Although. I guess they'll have their work cut out, especially with the type of questions we were all asked in the interview.

Hiding behind collective responsibility in a committee of retired teachers with no energy or balls would always have been a difficult challenge for me.

This isn't sour grapes by the way, I expected not to get on. However I'mglad I've been able to put a few myths to bed.

The Trust can get applications by the plenty so the old duffers that currently serve, and the some that have for god knows how long, there is now no coherent excuse for your continuation, and you should have the grace to allow new blood with a fresh dimension to take your place.

The Trust are also everything I've accused it of over the years. This one wasn't a myth, it was very much true. A closed shop, cosy old boys club.

I tried, I insisted on a video interview as I wanted to see the people doing the interviews, I hope the usual suspects and my finest detractors at least respect that.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 21:42]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 13:58 - Dec 10 with 3076 viewsNeath_Jack

Posting conversations on here or not, they were never in a million years going to let someone like you on there, absolutely no chance.

Congratulations ECB, hopefully Lisa has got on as well, but i've got a feeling that they may be a bit scared of her as well.

Shower of corrupt shite.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 14:41 - Dec 10 with 2977 viewsRancid

Chris, you are who you are and make no excuss for it.You could have really put the cat amongst the pigeons on this one but your reputation has gone before you.

Instead they've gone for the safe bet and who better that Cudey.I don't think he'll roll over like they might like to think he would but when you're in such an nvironment of silly handshakes and winks then the best of us can turn a blind eye.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 14:51 - Dec 10 with 2947 views3swan

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:53 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

That’s what I’m waiting for before formally accepting.

Does Mrs C know this
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 16:24 - Dec 10 with 2828 viewsTheResurrection

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 14:41 - Dec 10 by Rancid

Chris, you are who you are and make no excuss for it.You could have really put the cat amongst the pigeons on this one but your reputation has gone before you.

Instead they've gone for the safe bet and who better that Cudey.I don't think he'll roll over like they might like to think he would but when you're in such an nvironment of silly handshakes and winks then the best of us can turn a blind eye.

Exactly so I don't know why some were expecting me to be different, just to get on board. I couldn't do that.

One thing I would have guaranteed everyone is that you would have all had the clearest insight into what goes on in there and only the most sacred of confidential information would have been kept in house.

We have a right to know, a right to transparent and a right to know who's serving us.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 17:28 - Dec 10 with 2712 viewsthornabyswan

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 16:24 - Dec 10 by TheResurrection

Exactly so I don't know why some were expecting me to be different, just to get on board. I couldn't do that.

One thing I would have guaranteed everyone is that you would have all had the clearest insight into what goes on in there and only the most sacred of confidential information would have been kept in house.

We have a right to know, a right to transparent and a right to know who's serving us.

That's why you didn't get in.
The E.mail made it easier for them.
All to cosy on there for my liking and Jenkins and
the owners have them just where they want them.
Stinks really I won't be joining till the Trust starts putting up a fight and communicating with supporters.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 19:59 - Dec 10 with 2554 viewsNookiejack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 11:55 - Dec 10 by monmouth

Seriously, put yourself up for permanent (because it is isn't it?) election. They need replacing, not adding to.

Sorry to hear you didn’t get on the Board Res.

At least you put yourself up and now Ux can never say again put up of shut up. You put up.

They probably saw it as too much of a risk co-opting you when deal negotiations are currently going on.

As Monmouth has stated please put yourself up for permanent election.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:03 - Dec 10 with 2532 viewsNookiejack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:41 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

Turns out I got on...

Assuming I accept it’s only until July next year so I’ll treat it as a bit of a trial run. If it’s not for me for any reason I’ll dip out at the first opportunity. But it’ll be interesting to see how this goes.

Congratulations ECB hopefully Lisa has got on as well.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:09 - Dec 10 with 2507 viewsFlashberryjack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 12:41 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

Turns out I got on...

Assuming I accept it’s only until July next year so I’ll treat it as a bit of a trial run. If it’s not for me for any reason I’ll dip out at the first opportunity. But it’ll be interesting to see how this goes.

I thought you had withdrawn your application ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:09 - Dec 10 with 2508 viewsDarran

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 19:59 - Dec 10 by Nookiejack

Sorry to hear you didn’t get on the Board Res.

At least you put yourself up and now Ux can never say again put up of shut up. You put up.

They probably saw it as too much of a risk co-opting you when deal negotiations are currently going on.

As Monmouth has stated please put yourself up for permanent election.

Yeah put himself up and then did everything possible not to get on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:29 - Dec 10 with 2465 viewslondonlisa2001

Ok, so I was asked if I would become an finance affiliate member of the board.

That's an additional position which hasn't been held for a while, (Rich Lillicrap did hold it) but is equivalent to the position that Dai Little holds as a legal affiliate.

I can't vote on decisions, but I can attend all board meetings and get involved with everything as I wish and give my advice as asked (or as not asked as it happens).

The suggestion was made due to the distance I live away from Swansea - it means that I can contribute on a more informal basis. So, as an example, I can contribute on discussions around the shares, but I don't need to if there are more local matters (e.g. raffles, bowling nights, whatever else).

I have accepted that. It's why I didn't have an interview.

I decided I would do so if the Trust showed signs of genuinely wanting fresh thoughts. I am disappointed that Chris hasn't been appointed. Very disappointed actually. But I'm heartened that ECB has been. I have no idea as yet who else has been appointed, but in accepting an affiliate position, there are still 4 spaces (I don't take up one of them, but can still have my say, which I thought was positive as it means there are 5 new voices on the Trust rather than 4).

I have no idea whether the Trust will change. I hope it does. I hope it becomes more transparent and open, and I hope it stops being the equivalent of a Paul Clement team, fearful, looking at what the other side are doing, not showing confidence in our own talents.

I voted to take legal action. I still believe that was the right thing to do.

I respect the fact that a very limited number of things are sensitive and can't be put in the public domain. However, I believe that I need to be persuaded that something shouldn't be put in public rather than the reverse.

Believe me when I say I have zero interest in hitting my head against a brick wall, and I have zero interest in metaphorically doffing my cap to the temporary owners of this club. We'll be here long after they've disappeared. My only interest is in making sure that another generation of little kids can go to the Swans with their granddad, as I did with mine every week starting 40 plus years ago and fall in love with it all. I hope it's in the premier league, but I hope even more that it's a club those kids can be proud of.

I'll do my best to have an effect. If anyone thinks they can do better, they are welcome to take my place.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 20:32]
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:32 - Dec 10 with 2451 viewsexiledclaseboy

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:09 - Dec 10 by Flashberryjack

I thought you had withdrawn your application ?

No, I ended up going ahead with it. I was going to withdraw because of the interview process.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 21:24]

Poll: Tory leader

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:34 - Dec 10 with 2443 viewsdonkonky

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:29 - Dec 10 by londonlisa2001

That's an additional position which hasn't been held for a while, (Rich Lillicrap did hold it) but is equivalent to the position that Dai Little holds as a legal affiliate.

I can't vote on decisions, but I can attend all board meetings and get involved with everything as I wish and give my advice as asked (or as not asked as it happens).

The suggestion was made due to the distance I live away from Swansea - it means that I can contribute on a more informal basis. So, as an example, I can contribute on discussions around the shares, but I don't need to if there are more local matters (e.g. raffles, bowling nights, whatever else).

I decided I would do so if the Trust showed signs of genuinely wanting fresh thoughts. I am disappointed that Chris hasn't been appointed. Very disappointed actually. But I'm heartened that ECB has been. I have no idea as yet who else has been appointed, but in accepting an affiliate position, there are still 4 spaces (I don't take up one of them, but can still have my say, which I thought was positive as it means there are 5 new voices on the Trust rather than 4).

I have no idea whether the Trust will change. I hope it does. I hope it becomes more transparent and open, and I hope it stops being the equivalent of a Paul Clement team, fearful, looking at what the other side are doing, not showing confidence in our own talents.

I respect the fact that a very limited number of things are sensitive and can't be put in the public domain. However, I believe that I need to be persuaded that something shouldn't be put in public rather than the reverse.

Believe me when I say I have zero interest in hitting my head against a brick wall, and I have zero interest in metaphorically doffing my cap to the temporary owners of this club. We'll be here long after they've disappeared. My only interest is in making sure that another generation of little kids can go to the Swans with their granddad, as I did with mine every week starting 40 plus years ago and fall in love with it all. I hope it's in the premier league, but I hope even more that it's a club those kids can be proud of.

I'll do my best to have an effect. If anyone thinks they can do better, they are welcome to take my place.

Well done Lisa 👍🏻 It’s good to see the right people do the right jobs. Good luck with your appointment.
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:36 - Dec 10 with 2430 viewsDarran

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:29 - Dec 10 by londonlisa2001

That’s cheered me up anyway. Superb news and heartiest congratulating Elsie.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:45 - Dec 10 with 2391 viewsTheResurrection

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:09 - Dec 10 by Darran

Yeah put himself up and then did everything possible not to get on.

Fair play.

I can't win.

It seems I should have played somebody else to get on.

No thanks.

Lisa,

Great words and my trust is in you, as well as Clase. I know you're nobody's fool and will only be a true asset to all the Trust's members and Swans fans at large.

I am disappointed you don't get a vote though, I was led to believe you did.

I just hope you can change the Trust as opposed to the Trust changing you

Good luck Clemo 👍

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:53 - Dec 10 with 2352 viewsmarchamjack

Really glad to hear you're goimg to be on the inside, kind of anyway.

Glad that ECB is in too.

And, much as I've been opppsed to The Res on Trust matters, he's won me around (ish) and a real shame he hasnt made it on. Saying that, the fact he'll have an 'in' to you and ECB through this forum, means much of what he says on here will get (in)directly to the ears of those on the Trust it needs to I'm certain. A good thing.

Still hope you can find something Lisa to get the Trust to end up reversing the share sale and hit the legal route too few of us voted for.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:58 - Dec 10 with 2333 viewsVetchfielder

Great stuff, well done Lisa

I agree with you regarding the affiliate role too - I like that idea - it does give the opportunity for another new face even though you lose a vote.

And well done ECB

Proud to have been one of the 231

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:02 - Dec 10 with 2319 viewsDarran

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:45 - Dec 10 by TheResurrection

Fair play.

I can't win.

It seems I should have played somebody else to get on.

No thanks.

Lisa,

Great words and my trust is in you, as well as Clase. I know you're nobody's fool and will only be a true asset to all the Trust's members and Swans fans at large.

I am disappointed you don't get a vote though, I was led to believe you did.

I just hope you can change the Trust as opposed to the Trust changing you

Good luck Clemo 👍

No you could have played it safe untill you got on and then,if needed gone nuclear.

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:03 - Dec 10 with 2316 viewsSwanjaxs

Disappointed for for Chris, but more power to ECB and LL's elbow, fresh blood was needed and hopefully this will lead to more transparency, the Supporters Trust should be what it says on the tin, but hasn't been for many a while, again congratulations and good luck 👏

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:04 - Dec 10 with 2314 viewsmonmouth

I'd rather see you as Supporter Director Lisa, but there we are. Maybe you can find the one we have and give him some backbone and a voice.

If there were 4 posts left and they didn't think a passionate and driven Chris was right, I look forward very much to being able to scrutinise and see validation of the skills and USPs of the others.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 21:08]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:06 - Dec 10 with 2301 viewsFlashberryjack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 20:32 - Dec 10 by exiledclaseboy

No, I ended up going ahead with it. I was going to withdraw because of the interview process.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 21:24]

Don't know you other than from this site and the old Swansea City GB.

From that, I think you'll be an excellent addition to the trust, same goes for Lisa.

Good luck to you both.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:10 - Dec 10 with 2278 viewsNeath_Jack

Not sure Lisa only being an affiliate fills me with hope to be honest. Purely on the part that she doesn't get a vote.

Yep, still not good enough for me to rejoin.

And Daz won't be, as he's a man of his word too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:19 - Dec 10 with 2231 viewsBanosswan

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:02 - Dec 10 by Darran

No you could have played it safe untill you got on and then,if needed gone nuclear.

This. Should've played the game until in position, that's what all the (apparent) sycophants on the trust do.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:22 - Dec 10 with 2218 viewslonglostjack

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:04 - Dec 10 by monmouth

I'd rather see you as Supporter Director Lisa, but there we are. Maybe you can find the one we have and give him some backbone and a voice.

If there were 4 posts left and they didn't think a passionate and driven Chris was right, I look forward very much to being able to scrutinise and see validation of the skills and USPs of the others.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 21:08]

Absolutely.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:30 - Dec 10 with 2193 viewsQJumpingJack

Who is the Chairman of the Trust? Has it been announced?
No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:32 - Dec 10 with 2184 viewsexiledclaseboy

No surprises here but I didn't get on the Trust Board on 21:30 - Dec 10 by QJumpingJack

Who is the Chairman of the Trust? Has it been announced?

There’s a meeting in Tuesday at which that will be decided apparently.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024