Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion 11:20 - Jan 1 with 53886 viewsQJumpingJack

Davies critical of the Trust and claims meetings did happen in March??

http://www.dai-sport.com/former-swans-shareholder-rob-davies-says-club-heading-o
[Post edited 1 Jan 2018 11:25]
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 21:38 - Jan 3 with 2560 viewsmonmouth

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 21:13 - Jan 3 by exiledclaseboy

First para - if that’s how I thought it would go I’d be all in favour.

Second- I see it as I outlined to Risca above. The responsibility is to members. Boardroom talk can be done in board meetings not during match day gladhanding. But as Uxy says, there are differing views.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 21:20]

Oh, I very much think it should be done at the board meeting too, and minuted. But I was always candid about my opinions outside the meeting. just to make sure no one was taken by surprise or thought I was two faced. The two faced thing was never something I mastered, and why I probably hit my own glass ceiling.

Never knew what was good for me. “If in doubt have it out” was something I got from bloody Hazell when I was young. Sodding Terry Venables...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 10:58 - Jan 4 with 2376 viewsMoscowJack

Firstly, another 16-pager that would be a very decent 5-pager if it wasn't for the usual suspects behaving like kids. Aren't there any mod's here to keep threads on track?

Rob Davies has obviously been asked to mouth off to his press contact. I think the club have a PR strategy of throwing enough cr@p out in the media and hoping a lot sticks. I know many people who've only read Jenkins' and Davies' stories, which is what the club want!

The fact they've got so much wrong does give the Trust the chance to reply in good detail (mainly around the December signing of terms) but not enough people read the follow-ups. The Trust NEED to keep re-Tweeting and re-publishing their reply as much as they can.

Re. Jenkins - I'm caught between two minds. From one side, I want him out and gone, but I think he wants 'out and gone' now too! Doesn't his two years post-sale fixed-term expire this coming summer? From the other side, for someone to come in now and get right up-to-speed at the start of a hugely vital window is nigh-on impossible. I personally think the best solution would be to trust Jenkins to get his transfer mojo back and bring someone alongside him to shadow him until the end of the season, when he will then be replaced. That will give us the best chance of doing some decent deals in the window and mean there are no excuses for 'relieving him of his duties' when the season finished.

If Jenkins has any pride, he'll at least want to leave us in the Premier League when his tenure finishes, or a good succession plan if we're not.

Finally, I hope Stu Mac was in the Boardroom for the Spurs game. He's got the right personality for it as I'm not sure that I would have been able to stay calm in such a situation. Screaming and ranting's not the solution, but a strong, confident, calm and calculated approach is and I'm pretty Stu can carry that off. It's just a shame that Stu doesn't communicate his thoughts, efforts and achievements as I wouldn't mind guessing that he's actually doing as much as anyone else could, given the toxic situation at the moment.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:00 - Jan 4 with 2173 viewsTheCobbler

What makes you say this Darran?
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:27 - Jan 4 with 2121 viewsTheCobbler

Now now Darran. Was just wondering why you thought that. Thought that Rob Davies was an investor and had no say in the day to day running of the club. Invested £100k and was rightly awarded with a premium for his investment. Assumed it wasn't his fault we bought the wrong players, didn't bring back Brendan and decided to waste tens of millions on players who didn't fit our style of play. But hey, great answer!!
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:29 - Jan 4 with 2110 viewsDarran

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:27 - Jan 4 by TheCobbler

Now now Darran. Was just wondering why you thought that. Thought that Rob Davies was an investor and had no say in the day to day running of the club. Invested £100k and was rightly awarded with a premium for his investment. Assumed it wasn't his fault we bought the wrong players, didn't bring back Brendan and decided to waste tens of millions on players who didn't fit our style of play. But hey, great answer!!

If you’ve been an avid reader of the site for a while why have you asked the question? Prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:31 - Jan 4 with 2104 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:27 - Jan 4 by TheCobbler

Rob is also a lair isn't he?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:32 - Jan 4 with 2101 viewsDarran

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:31 - Jan 4 by E20Jack

Yeah Cobbler sleeps in him. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:34 - Jan 4 with 2098 viewsKilkennyjack

Without the Council, the Trust, and the loyal supporters, then the sell outs would have achieved nothing. 4 people could not have delivered Swansea City into the Premier league without the goodwill and support of very many people. Fact.

IfJenkins goes ....then for his £500,000 per annum, we could hire a person with a professional football background and vast experience as a Director of Football in the uk. Dont be fooled by the hype. Very many better fresh and proven options would exist.

Frankly, like many, I would like Jenkins to go tomorrow.
His behaviour towards our Trust, his long term business partners, says it all.
No other comment needed, he needs to go.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:34 - Jan 4 with 2095 viewsTheCobbler

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:29 - Jan 4 by Darran

If you’ve been an avid reader of the site for a while why have you asked the question? Prick.

I've been enjoying the comments! Didn't know the forum had a timed response mechanism. You don't think his comments of fighting amongst the Fans / Trust / Board can ruin us is fair? Surely playing Anthems throughout the sound system is a big sign of a terrible atmosphere, not that of a passionate club???
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:37 - Jan 4 with 2080 viewsTheCobbler

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:31 - Jan 4 by E20Jack

Not sure who's lying. Huw, Rob, Phill S, Huw C, Everyone???? i think everyone is trying to cover themselves and its only affecting one thing. On field performance!!!
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:39 - Jan 4 with 2070 viewsE20Jack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:37 - Jan 4 by TheCobbler

Not sure who's lying. Huw, Rob, Phill S, Huw C, Everyone???? i think everyone is trying to cover themselves and its only affecting one thing. On field performance!!!

So yes, Rob is a liar then.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:40 - Jan 4 with 2063 viewsTheCobbler

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:34 - Jan 4 by Kilkennyjack

Without the Council, the Trust, and the loyal supporters, then the sell outs would have achieved nothing. 4 people could not have delivered Swansea City into the Premier league without the goodwill and support of very many people. Fact.

IfJenkins goes ....then for his £500,000 per annum, we could hire a person with a professional football background and vast experience as a Director of Football in the uk. Dont be fooled by the hype. Very many better fresh and proven options would exist.

Frankly, like many, I would like Jenkins to go tomorrow.
His behaviour towards our Trust, his long term business partners, says it all.
No other comment needed, he needs to go.

I think he needs to go, but not a week after a new manager, start of a transfer window. Timing is everything and i think the summer is the right time!

No doubt his 500k pa will be decreased to cover the new american directors, so thats no harm.

I dont think it was any one person or group who delivered Swanseas success, it was the fact they all worked as one. The club, fans, council, board, trust and even the players.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:43 - Jan 4 with 2056 viewsTheCobbler

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:39 - Jan 4 by E20Jack

So yes, Rob is a liar then.

I dont know the truth, so i can't tell who's lying. It seems someone has the dates wrong with the dates Davies and Jenkins have announced. If someones is to lie, at least lie together. How do we know Phill S & Huw C aren't lying? Why isn't cooze coming out and saying anything?
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:53 - Jan 4 with 2019 viewslondonlisa2001

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:40 - Jan 4 by TheCobbler

I think he needs to go, but not a week after a new manager, start of a transfer window. Timing is everything and i think the summer is the right time!

No doubt his 500k pa will be decreased to cover the new american directors, so thats no harm.

I dont think it was any one person or group who delivered Swanseas success, it was the fact they all worked as one. The club, fans, council, board, trust and even the players.

Timing is everything, which makes the timing of the statements by Jenkins and Davies odd don't you think?

Big assumption on the salary. What makes you say that?

You're right that various groups achieved the success though and it wouldn't have happened without any one of them.
Which makes it even sadder really that one of those groups maximised their return qt the expense of the others doesn't it.

You'd think that they'd at least stay silent rather than giving interviews to the media blaming others for the current shambles.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 00:01 - Jan 5 with 1994 viewsTheCobbler

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:53 - Jan 4 by londonlisa2001

Timing is everything, which makes the timing of the statements by Jenkins and Davies odd don't you think?

Big assumption on the salary. What makes you say that?

You're right that various groups achieved the success though and it wouldn't have happened without any one of them.
Which makes it even sadder really that one of those groups maximised their return qt the expense of the others doesn't it.

You'd think that they'd at least stay silent rather than giving interviews to the media blaming others for the current shambles.

For Sure, although Jenkins has put up with a lot of hate and abuse from fans for a long time before telling his version of events. If they had squashed this straight away, would have never been a problem, but again yes, why now?

We paid £787k to board members pre Americans, £878k first year of American ownership. With the new COO and other board members i think they will dilute jenkins salary as his role will decrease. So in effect go to a DOF role on 400k. All here say but just my thoughts.

Yes on the success, but at the end of the day 'Swansea City Football Club 2002' is a business that has a football team. if you invest thousands of pounds and have a chance to get millions back, any person will sell, and if you say you wouldn't, you are lying.

Yes its like telling the teacher in the school yard, but this time we have no teacher.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 00:24 - Jan 5 with 1943 viewslondonlisa2001

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 00:01 - Jan 5 by TheCobbler

For Sure, although Jenkins has put up with a lot of hate and abuse from fans for a long time before telling his version of events. If they had squashed this straight away, would have never been a problem, but again yes, why now?

We paid £787k to board members pre Americans, £878k first year of American ownership. With the new COO and other board members i think they will dilute jenkins salary as his role will decrease. So in effect go to a DOF role on 400k. All here say but just my thoughts.

Yes on the success, but at the end of the day 'Swansea City Football Club 2002' is a business that has a football team. if you invest thousands of pounds and have a chance to get millions back, any person will sell, and if you say you wouldn't, you are lying.

Yes its like telling the teacher in the school yard, but this time we have no teacher.

When you say 'his version of events' I assume you realise that a detailed list of the mistakes in that version was issued? So your next sentence makes no sense.

The Americans bought the club in July 2016. The first year of their ownership is the year ended 31 July 2017. Those accounts will be filed by 30 April 2018 (9 monks after the year end - it's a private company).

Neither amount you quote is under their ownership (apart from 9 days).

I wouldn't have sold up without involving the Trust and attempting to find a solution which worked for everyone: importantly I'd have made sure I knew who I was selling to as well.

No, but thankfully we have at least some people who made notes of what meetings were had and when.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 00:33 - Jan 5 with 1925 viewstheloneranger

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 00:01 - Jan 5 by TheCobbler

The same Americans who accept Dineen as a Consultant to Pearlman who is on £750K a year.

The same Pearlman who in previous employment has dealt with teams such as Real Madrid etc..and needs a loser like Dineen as a Consultant??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 00:45 - Jan 5 with 1905 viewsOutsider

I wouldn't waste your time trying to re-write history and justify the collusion and morally bankrupt actions of the shareholders who sold to Americans v2.0.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 01:35 - Jan 5 with 1849 viewsBobby_Fischer

I'm not being funny but come on, this is is ridiculous - my son looks at this forum.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 05:11 - Jan 5 with 1784 viewsHumpty

When you say "any person will sell, and if you say you wouldn't, you are lying." you are not talking for every person. You are talking for yourself.

Not everyone would have sold the club in the way the sellers sold the club.

You've made it clear that you would have. Fair enough. I wouldn't have though. Wouldn't even f*cking dream of it.

You may find that hard to believe but it's true. And there are a lot of people on here who would never have sold the club in the shitty underhand way the sellers did either.

Please don't assume everyone shares your morals though. They don't.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 5:19]
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 06:31 - Jan 5 with 1743 viewswobbly

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 05:11 - Jan 5 by Humpty

When you say "any person will sell, and if you say you wouldn't, you are lying." you are not talking for every person. You are talking for yourself.

You've made it clear that you would have. Fair enough. I wouldn't have though. Wouldn't even f*cking dream of it.

You may find that hard to believe but it's true. And there are a lot of people on here who would never have sold the club in the shitty underhand way the sellers did either.

How you didn’t win POTY 2017 will remain a mystery. But you are on a great push already for the 2018 title.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 06:37 - Jan 5 with 1741 viewsKilkennyjack

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 05:11 - Jan 5 by Humpty

👏

Beware of the Risen People

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 07:30 - Jan 5 with 1694 viewspencoedjack

Top post fella 👍
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 07:59 - Jan 5 with 1822 views34dfgdf54

Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 23:19 - Jan 1 by 34dfgdf54

To be honest I’ve wondered this. Wasn’t it still four months before the sale was actual completed? What was different between this and the time the other Americans came in? Obviously it was in a much more advanced stage but still if there was definite causes for legal action etc surely it would of scuppered it?

Sorry to quote my own post, but can someone a bit more educated in the matter answer this?

Why was it too late? Don't take this as Trust bashing and interrogating, would just like to know.
Former Swans Shareholder Rob Davies Says Club Is Heading For Oblivion on 09:57 - Jan 5 with 1705 viewsQJumpingJack

Hopefully the moderators will clean up the bad language on this thread and site.
It is not suitable when young fans may be reading the discussions.

Back to the thread. Cobbler - what is your connection to the club/ex-shareholders?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024