Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Premier League, how much money? 15:55 - Jan 5 with 32543 viewswestwalesed

I know it's a terrible standard but I enjoy catching the odd game. Somehow feels more honest in some respects, rickety old grounds, pies and tea from the tea lady, hoofball on mud swamps.

I've always wondered, how much money would you realistically need to win the Welsh Premier and qualify for the Champions League? We all know football success is bought nowadays, sadly. Could it be done on £1million?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:02 - Jan 5 with 27390 viewstrampie

Are you thinking of investing in Haverfordwest Ed or perhaps Carmarthen Town ?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 16:08]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:07 - Jan 5 with 27373 viewsJack_Kass

You need money in regards to paying players enough for them to be regarded as professional, as TNS are fully professional, and they are the ones to beat.

Also for facilities and ground criteria to enable you to participate in European competition, but I guess you could use local grounds that are more suitable for that purpose (i.e Parc y Scarlets in Llanelli or the Racecourse in Wrexham.

To me, players are much of a muchness at that level, it wouldn't need heavy financial investment in terms of recruitment.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 16:07]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:14 - Jan 5 with 27348 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Doing some back of a fag packet sums - £1m would get you 25 players earning £40k a year. Assuming other revenue streams would pay for the rest, that would surely be enough to win you the league.

Interesting/Pointless facts about the WPL:

1) It's £7 to watch Carmarthen Town but I paid £10 on Boxing Day to sit in the Sponsors Area with a free pint and sandwiches , bargain

2) Cardiff City are thinking of spending £1m on a former Carmarthen Town striker

3) c.£125m is gambled on the WPL each season, which is around £750k per match!

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:23 - Jan 5 with 27322 viewswestwalesed

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:14 - Jan 5 by Jack_y_Jwc

Doing some back of a fag packet sums - £1m would get you 25 players earning £40k a year. Assuming other revenue streams would pay for the rest, that would surely be enough to win you the league.

1) It's £7 to watch Carmarthen Town but I paid £10 on Boxing Day to sit in the Sponsors Area with a free pint and sandwiches , bargain

2) Cardiff City are thinking of spending £1m on a former Carmarthen Town striker

Good to see Carmarthen Town picking up a bit in the last few games, would be terrible to have no west Wales club in the league! Wish I'd known about that Boxing Day offer!

£1million, easily enough to do it by the looks of it, in fact you'd probably walk the league. It would be interesting to see what the wage structure at TNS is.

Obviously I'm not investing! But I occasionally have fantasies about starting a Crowdfunding campaign to buy a club at that level and see how far you could take it...

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:26 - Jan 5 with 27316 viewsHighjack

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:14 - Jan 5 by Jack_y_Jwc

The match fixing that goes on in the Welsh league is beyond ridiculous.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:32 - Jan 5 with 27300 viewslatchford

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:26 - Jan 5 by Highjack

The match fixing that goes on in the Welsh league is beyond ridiculous.

Allegedly
Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:42 - Jan 5 with 27274 viewsyescomeon

Leagues in a bit of a catch-22 atm, until other teams go full time TNS have a bit of a monopoly on it. They took the gamble of going full time first and my guess is they maintain it by being almost guaranteed to win the league and therefore get the champions league money. They look a decent side TNS, I think they could compete in the football league, although I'm sure they're happy enough with their lot at the moment.

Be great to see the like of Bala, Bangor or Connah's Quay go full time. Although it's a bit more of a risk when there's more that one full time team.

The league needs restructuring though. There was talk of a WPL2, but maybe a southern and northern conference with combined cup at the end a la the MLS. I'm sure the chairman of Haverfordwest has said they wouldn't accept promotion even if they got it because of the travelling.

Do love a non-league game when I get a chance, WPL is a bit far away unfortunately, but I like to get to a Lancaster City game whenever they're home and the Swans aren't on. Was surprised at how good the atmosphere is, better than some premier league grounds.

Upthecity!

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:43 - Jan 5 with 27270 viewsOldjack

A million ?fek me Preston bought a whole team for 2 mill

£595 .00p should do it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:46 - Jan 5 with 27254 viewsHighjack

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:32 - Jan 5 by latchford

Allegedly

750k gambled on every match. Part time players driving around in massive sports cars.

It's happening.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:55 - Jan 5 with 27234 viewstrampie

The Welsh Prem has many issues, poor North-South links that is nothing to do with football.
Some of the bigger places playing in the pyramid, some of the next bigger places being more associated with Rugby.
I would like to see a Swansea, Cardiff Wrexham, Newport, Merthyr teams in the Welsh Prem, basically a teams made up of the best local players from the area/local league, Neath and Llanelli gave it a bit of a go but as far as I know hit financial issues, a Rhondda team would be good as well, teams from Pontypridd, Bridgend, Aberdare as well as the usual suspects from North Wales and some of the existing teams and they could have a nice league going.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 16:58]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 17:00 - Jan 5 with 27215 viewstrampie

I would say that £1M big ones might well win the WPL.

Anybody like grassroots/fly on the wall stuff should watch the class of 92.

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 17:08 - Jan 5 with 27196 viewsangryjack

I played in its few years back when it was known as the Konica league,the standard is getting better and better though,i was getting a few quid for playing as well,thouruoghly enjoyed playing in it at the time
Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 17:28 - Jan 5 with 27132 viewsTenbySwan

It's a catch 22 situation as TNS get so much prize money from UEFA from their champions league exploits it doesn't give the other clubs any chance until that cycle is broken.

Neath and Llanelli have tried going professional ( and Barry Town ?) and all gone down the swanny.

Don't know what it's like now but a few years ago it was the same (not brilliant) journeymen going from Port Talbot to Neath to Carmarthen to Llanelli etc, useless academies, very low crowds.

If things continue as they are though at SCFC perhaps Swans fans disillusioned with things at theLiberty can take over a team like Garden Village or West End for example ( call them City of Swansea). and do an 'FC United of Manchester' with them! 😊

Now that would be a fan owned club.
Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 18:01 - Jan 5 with 27079 viewsBarrySwan

Given the standard of the 3 games that I've caught at Jenner Park this season I'd imagine about £4,500 should more than cover the wage bill of a championship winning team in the LOW.

And I'd suggest thats probably about £4,000 more than would be justified.
Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 18:27 - Jan 5 with 27048 viewsCountyJim

When it first started I knew a chap that was on the board at Cwmbran town and then it was costing them 250k for the first season and that was tight

And look at them now in the Gwent County league shame
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 18:28]
Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 18:30 - Jan 5 with 27034 viewsangryjack

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 18:01 - Jan 5 by BarrySwan

Given the standard of the 3 games that I've caught at Jenner Park this season I'd imagine about £4,500 should more than cover the wage bill of a championship winning team in the LOW.

Per week yes
Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 18:38 - Jan 5 with 27023 viewsNeath_Jack

Considering that TNS are meant to be the Man City of the league, they've lost 3 and drawn 2 out of 20 played. They've only got the fourth best defence as well.

How come the Gogs are so prominent in that league? Always been the same from memory.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 18:40 - Jan 5 with 27017 viewsCountyJim

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 18:01 - Jan 5 by BarrySwan

I'm a Ref in the Welsh league and there's guys being paid 200 quid a week at that standard

I'd recalculate if I was you
Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 18:41 - Jan 5 with 27014 viewsSwanjaxs

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 16:32 - Jan 5 by latchford

Allegedly

No allegedly about it im afraid 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 20:55 - Jan 5 with 26909 viewsN_T_J

Trundle was on £2,500 a week when at Neath (so i heard) i used to have season tickets at Neath and crowds were building nicely. I remember a few games that were pushing 1k
Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 21:05 - Jan 5 with 26892 viewsbonymine

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 20:55 - Jan 5 by N_T_J

Trundle was on £2,500 a week when at Neath (so i heard) i used to have season tickets at Neath and crowds were building nicely. I remember a few games that were pushing 1k

Remember the pre season game at the Gnoll when Caulker made his debut for us they had a few ex Swans there then being paid good money by RKL before it all went tits up.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 21:13 - Jan 5 with 26877 viewsDr_Winston

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 18:38 - Jan 5 by Neath_Jack

Considering that TNS are meant to be the Man City of the league, they've lost 3 and drawn 2 out of 20 played. They've only got the fourth best defence as well.

How come the Gogs are so prominent in that league? Always been the same from memory.

Because football has always been massively popular in North Wales. It's one of those inconvenient facts that derails the "Rugby is the National sport" bollocks people like to spout.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 21:14 - Jan 5 with 26870 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 20:55 - Jan 5 by N_T_J

THAts why they went bust bust

Madness.

£40 a game back in the early 90’s 😀

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 21:15 - Jan 5 with 26867 viewsNeath_Jack

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 21:13 - Jan 5 by Dr_Winston

Because football has always been massively popular in North Wales. It's one of those inconvenient facts that derails the "Rugby is the National sport" bollocks people like to spout.

What, and it isn't massively popular in the South? Serious question, is there that much of a difference in participants in both areas?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 21:25 - Jan 5 with 26842 viewsDr_Winston

Welsh Premier League, how much money? on 21:15 - Jan 5 by Neath_Jack

What, and it isn't massively popular in the South? Serious question, is there that much of a difference in participants in both areas?

Yes. Almost nobody bothers with Rugby in the North. It's always been a South & West Wales thing.

Football is obviously more popular in the South too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024