Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys 19:40 - Jan 13 with 31684 viewsBrynCartwright

This PC bullshit is starting to drive me mad now.

John Humphreys has always advocated equality in journalism and equal pay for equal work.

It is called meritocracy.

Ultimately we will be left with only female presenters on the news, sports, chat shows, sitcoms, weather, stand up, reality shows, because all the guys are too scared to open their mouths in case they are categorised as devious sexist pigs.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:19 - Jan 17 with 2021 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 08:19 - Jan 17 by waynekerr55

Will they support Locomotive Islington or Spartak Highgate?

On a serious note don't you think tweets like this actually stifle debate around social constructs? It's almost as if certain parts of the population think it's cool to be offended by everything. Surely there are more pressing matters that can be discussed around gender equality/sexism than a packet of sweets.

Red Star Bellend

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:22 - Jan 17 with 2019 viewsSTID2017

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 19:53 - Jan 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

It's moved on from PC towards a culture of unfounded victimisation based on individual comments taken out of context and/or withour regard for any other evidence. This seems to be born out of social media.

When I said recently that Germany was not my favourite country my son accused me of being racist! I had to explain that Germany was a nation and not a race and that I was allowed to prefer Italy to Germany if only because of the food and climate.

I also had to explain that the dinner table was not an internet forum and his irrational pre judgement warranted an apology.

Yes, there are bad people and injustices but we should be clear about the balance and depth of evidence before we condemn people.

One of my daughters (13) calls all and and sundry a bully, for such terrible things as telling her to have a bath, shower, her hair, tidy her room, wash dishes, etc. She also says "she's offended" if we dare to suggest she's slow in doing tasks etc, or lazy because she doesn't want to move from her bedroom unless dragged (verbally) tooth and nail.
Her sister (12) calls her sister ungrateful every single time the older one is rude to us or complains at doing something.
They are both bright girls, yet I fear education is failing the youth of today

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:31 - Jan 17 with 2002 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:22 - Jan 17 by STID2017

One of my daughters (13) calls all and and sundry a bully, for such terrible things as telling her to have a bath, shower, her hair, tidy her room, wash dishes, etc. She also says "she's offended" if we dare to suggest she's slow in doing tasks etc, or lazy because she doesn't want to move from her bedroom unless dragged (verbally) tooth and nail.
Her sister (12) calls her sister ungrateful every single time the older one is rude to us or complains at doing something.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:52 - Jan 17 with 1991 viewsLohengrin

Schools aren't there to teach good manners. That's your job, fella'.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 19:16 - Jan 17 with 1947 viewsexiledclaseboy

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 09:52 - Jan 17 by Lohengrin

Schools aren't there to teach good manners. That's your job, fella'.

Half th e problem these days is that parents see schools as responsible for teaching kids all the things the parents can’t be arsed or don’t know how to do.

Poll: Tory leader

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 01:02 - Jan 19 with 1885 viewsBrynCartwright

A Sargon classic about a recent discussion between Jordan Peterson, a clinical psychologist and Cathy Newman from Channel 4 about equal pay.

One for Mo here, though he's probably already seen it.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 02:25 - Jan 19 with 1875 viewsHumpty

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 01:02 - Jan 19 by BrynCartwright

A Sargon classic about a recent discussion between Jordan Peterson, a clinical psychologist and Cathy Newman from Channel 4 about equal pay.

I did about eight minutes. Do you actually believe that shit Bryn?
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 03:04 - Jan 19 with 1869 viewsBrynCartwright

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 02:25 - Jan 19 by Humpty

Yes..because I believe in a meritocracy where people are treated equally regardless of gender. Also, to deny there are differences between man and women is, I believe, erroneous.

Login to get fewer ads

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 03:11 - Jan 19 with 1868 viewsHumpty

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 03:04 - Jan 19 by BrynCartwright

Yes..because I believe in a meritocracy where people are treated equally regardless of gender. Also, to deny there are differences between man and women is, I believe, erroneous.

Do you think women are picking on you?
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 05:31 - Jan 19 with 1846 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 01:02 - Jan 19 by BrynCartwright

I did catch that last night, Brynnie. Here's the actual debate...

As usual with Dr Peterson they try to twist his words and claim he's saying things he didn't say. I suspect the left wing press were hoping for the story of how Cathy Newman exposed 'Alt-right hate preacher' Jordan Peterson. Since he dismantled her and her arguments I'm expecting them to take the focus off the debate she lost and make the story 'Cathy Newman attacked by on line trolls who hate strong, independent women and follow 'Alt-right hate preacher' Jordan Peterson.

Edit - Video didn't post. Can be found on channel 4 you tube account (Jordan Peterson debate on the gender pay gap...)
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 7:49]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 05:41 - Jan 19 with 1844 viewswobbly

I got to 4:20 before being overcome by earnest, yet tedious, b*ll*cks. Well done for going twice as long.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 06:23 - Jan 19 with 1838 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 03:11 - Jan 19 by Humpty

Feminists/SJW: Women in the west are oppressed..
Person B: No they're not
Feminist/SJW: Why do you think women are picking on you?

I have a skin as thick as a rhino, H, but maybe some young boys and men do not. If what Dr Peterson and others are are saying (that 40 or 50 years of feminism shaping our society to suit girls has led to young men becoming disenfranchised, killing themselves in record numbers, dropping out of education etc) is correct, then do you not agree this is a problem? Do you think we should investigate it's truth? Or are you just gonna post pithy comments suggesting anyone who does is weak?
Like I say, I am doing fine but if young men are in a position where they need people to speak out for them, then like the feminists of yesterday, I am willing to do that. And if you want, like the sexist who tried to block their attempts, you carry on trying to ridicule...

Look Hump, you like to imply I hate women or think women are shit. I don't...some women are shit (Myra Hindley) and some are fantastic (Sian Massey). Nearly all women I come across in life I have a fantastic relationship with.
Here, look, this is how I interact with them...

(Please note, they are also 'women of colour')

What I am criticising is feminist ideology. Criticising feminists and what they believe is not criticising all women. Feminism and women are not the same thing. Have a look around and you will see many videos by women explaining why they are not feminist and why they reject it.
In my life I meet women who are far more capable than myself. This does not intimidate me...I say go girls. A few decades ago I would have been agreeing with feminist, but today we have equality.

Unfortunately, feminists don't understand the difference between 'equality of opportunity' and 'equality of outcome'. We should have equal opportunity...people should be free to choose whatever profession they want, regardless of their sex (or colour/sexuality). And if people are FREE to choose we will not end up with equal male/female representation. The only way to get that is to force women to take jobs they would not choose. Choose equality (of outcome) or choose freedom.

And btw the people crying about the 'Gender pay gap' will next week be telling us how there's no difference between the genders.
There are no differences between the genders...so how can there be a 'gender pay gap'? Checkmate dummies
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 6:33]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 06:26 - Jan 19 with 1836 viewsMo_Wives

For the sake of understanding each other better do you think you could let me know what you had a problem with and why?. I'm interested to know.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 06:45 - Jan 19 with 1829 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 05:41 - Jan 19 by wobbly

I got to 4:20 before being overcome by earnest, yet tedious, b*ll*cks. Well done for going twice as long.

Feminist superhero Gloria Steinham has something to tell you...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 07:40 - Jan 19 with 1806 viewsLohengrin

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 03:11 - Jan 19 by Humpty

I do. I live in a house full of them, even the Beagles are bitches here. I'm the epitome of an oppressed, marginalised minority.

I can't get within four feet of the telly controls half the time.

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 07:43 - Jan 19 with 1799 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 07:40 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

I do. I live in a house full of them, even the Beagles are bitches here. I'm the epitome of an oppressed, marginalised minority.

I can't get within four feet of the telly controls half the time.

Rise up my brother...you have nothing to lose but your chains

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 07:50 - Jan 19 with 1787 viewsLohengrin

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 07:43 - Jan 19 by Mo_Wives

Rise up my brother...you have nothing to lose but your chains

At the risk of coming across like some objectifying chauvinist (or whatever the tag of the week may be) have a look at the blonde on the right, Mo. I reckon if I skipped breakfast I could eat that in one go...

[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 8:14]

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 08:47 - Jan 19 with 1765 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 07:50 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

At the risk of coming across like some objectifying chauvinist (or whatever the tag of the week may be) have a look at the blonde on the right, Mo. I reckon if I skipped breakfast I could eat that in one go...

[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 8:14]

Corrr....I can't fight it...can't keep it in...my misogyny is about to burst ouuuuuughhht...

You won't like me when I'm horny

oh, enjoyable performance as well

Good luck, Mr Cooper

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:56 - Jan 19 with 1753 viewsperchrockjack

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:05 - Jan 19 with 1717 viewsLord_Bony

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:56 - Jan 19 by perchrockjack

Probably your most sensible post this year.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:59 - Jan 19 with 1697 viewsHighjack

It's no wonder they're messed up in the head if you gave them numbers instead of names.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:21 - Jan 19 with 1679 viewsWarwickHunt

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 10:59 - Jan 19 by Highjack

It's no wonder they're messed up in the head if you gave them numbers instead of names.

It's the other 11 I feel sorry for. Imagine the queue for the bathroom in the morning.
PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:24 - Jan 19 with 1675 viewsHighjack

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:21 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

It's the other 11 I feel sorry for. Imagine the queue for the bathroom in the morning.

Number two always stinks the place out for the others.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:28 - Jan 19 with 1674 viewsMo_Wives

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 11:21 - Jan 19 by WarwickHunt

We have communal showers at 'Maurice Heights'...though it's not without it's drawbacks

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 12:01 - Jan 19 with 1656 viewsWingstandwood

PC bollo*cks gone mad with John Humphreys on 06:23 - Jan 19 by Mo_Wives

Feminists/SJW: Women in the west are oppressed..
Person B: No they're not
Feminist/SJW: Why do you think women are picking on you?

I have a skin as thick as a rhino, H, but maybe some young boys and men do not. If what Dr Peterson and others are are saying (that 40 or 50 years of feminism shaping our society to suit girls has led to young men becoming disenfranchised, killing themselves in record numbers, dropping out of education etc) is correct, then do you not agree this is a problem? Do you think we should investigate it's truth? Or are you just gonna post pithy comments suggesting anyone who does is weak?
Like I say, I am doing fine but if young men are in a position where they need people to speak out for them, then like the feminists of yesterday, I am willing to do that. And if you want, like the sexist who tried to block their attempts, you carry on trying to ridicule...

Look Hump, you like to imply I hate women or think women are shit. I don't...some women are shit (Myra Hindley) and some are fantastic (Sian Massey). Nearly all women I come across in life I have a fantastic relationship with.
Here, look, this is how I interact with them...

(Please note, they are also 'women of colour')

What I am criticising is feminist ideology. Criticising feminists and what they believe is not criticising all women. Feminism and women are not the same thing. Have a look around and you will see many videos by women explaining why they are not feminist and why they reject it.
In my life I meet women who are far more capable than myself. This does not intimidate me...I say go girls. A few decades ago I would have been agreeing with feminist, but today we have equality.

Unfortunately, feminists don't understand the difference between 'equality of opportunity' and 'equality of outcome'. We should have equal opportunity...people should be free to choose whatever profession they want, regardless of their sex (or colour/sexuality). And if people are FREE to choose we will not end up with equal male/female representation. The only way to get that is to force women to take jobs they would not choose. Choose equality (of outcome) or choose freedom.

And btw the people crying about the 'Gender pay gap' will next week be telling us how there's no difference between the genders.
There are no differences between the genders...so how can there be a 'gender pay gap'? Checkmate dummies
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 6:33]

Quote:
There are no differences between the genders...so how can there be a 'gender pay gap'? Checkmate dummies.

Bang on!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024