Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alfie Mawson 22:00 - Feb 10 with 5877 viewsskettyparkherbert

I thought he was immense today.

He was strong in dealing with Barnes and Vokes, good in the air, cool in possession and hit a few fantastic diagonal balls to switch the play.

Looked a complete margin at £5m

Any thoughts???
Alfie Mawson on 22:04 - Feb 10 with 5846 viewsmax936

Very good as were Fede and Hoorn despite the likes of Barnes and Vokes niggling them backing into them whilst Mariner did feck all, useless fing article.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Alfie Mawson on 22:09 - Feb 10 with 5819 viewsskettyparkherbert

Alfie Mawson on 22:04 - Feb 10 by max936

Very good as were Fede and Hoorn despite the likes of Barnes and Vokes niggling them backing into them whilst Mariner did feck all, useless fing article.

Yes Fede and VDH did well but i thought that Mawson looked a cut above.

Mariner didn't have the best of games but it shows our mental toughness has come on peeps and bounds because we didn't feel sorry for ourselves and battled on to win a game we would had lost a couple of months ago?

Mariner bopped Ollson for Diving then he let off Vokes for doing exactly the same on the edge of our box
Alfie Mawson on 22:43 - Feb 10 with 5729 viewsWAFU

Fantastic yet again. Sadly he will get head hunted by a bigger club in the summer but he deserves it. As long as we get a decent price for him and reinvest it wisely then happy days.
Alfie Mawson on 22:45 - Feb 10 with 5725 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Central 3 were superb

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Alfie Mawson on 03:38 - Feb 11 with 5486 viewsEU5Makaveli

Alfie Mawson on 22:45 - Feb 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

Central 3 were superb

I second that.
Alfie Mawson on 04:02 - Feb 11 with 5469 viewsJethroJack

As we're talking about the central 3...I'll triple that 😊
Alfie Mawson on 05:03 - Feb 11 with 5431 viewsSwanski

Defence has been good this year tbh. FF, VDH, Alfie and Kyle have all stood up. I would be happy to be in the trenches with any of those lads.
Alfie Mawson on 07:34 - Feb 11 with 5368 viewsSTID2017

Alfie Mawson on 05:03 - Feb 11 by Swanski

Defence has been good this year tbh. FF, VDH, Alfie and Kyle have all stood up. I would be happy to be in the trenches with any of those lads.

What has Ollson done to upset you then ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Alfie Mawson on 07:58 - Feb 11 with 5329 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Alfie Mawson on 07:34 - Feb 11 by STID2017

Perhaps he was embarrassed with Martin's horrific dive. If that was a big name player at a big club, Rashford for example, he'd be getting scrutinised in the media for it. I hope Carlos has a strong word with him.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Alfie Mawson on 08:05 - Feb 11 with 5314 viewskarnataka

Alfie Mawson on 05:03 - Feb 11 by Swanski

I think the whole defensive unit - keeper plus back 5 - has been immense these last few weeks and though it may be tempting to switch to a more traditional back 4 for some games to get an additional attack minded player in, I think that would be a mistake. We have found a system that works very well for us and suits the players we have and we should stick with it until safety is assured. The system is also very fluid and watching vdH and Alfie moving out wider to plug the spaces when Naughton or Ollson push forward just emphasises how well they've all become settled in their roles. If it ain't broke..... etc, etc.
Alfie Mawson on 08:10 - Feb 11 with 5307 viewsSTID2017

Alfie Mawson on 07:58 - Feb 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Perhaps he was embarrassed with Martin's horrific dive. If that was a big name player at a big club, Rashford for example, he'd be getting scrutinised in the media for it. I hope Carlos has a strong word with him.

One dive - Rashford, Alli, etc, are practised in the art.
Perspective Dwight

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Alfie Mawson on 08:21 - Feb 11 with 5274 viewsicecoldjack

Alfie Mawson on 08:05 - Feb 11 by karnataka

I think the whole defensive unit - keeper plus back 5 - has been immense these last few weeks and though it may be tempting to switch to a more traditional back 4 for some games to get an additional attack minded player in, I think that would be a mistake. We have found a system that works very well for us and suits the players we have and we should stick with it until safety is assured. The system is also very fluid and watching vdH and Alfie moving out wider to plug the spaces when Naughton or Ollson push forward just emphasises how well they've all become settled in their roles. If it ain't broke..... etc, etc.

I agree, Naughton , while many dislike him has been great in this formation, seems to have more confidence in going forward and had an assist for the goal yesterday .

I think the balance works well, VDH has been the pick for me, purely because he's been dropped in th deep end and learned to swim straight away, he's also getting better at all aspects of his game including his passing, which like fede is his main weakness.

Mawson i'm a bit dissapointed in overall, purely because he let his standards slip in the first half of the season but great to see him back on the money .
Alfie Mawson on 08:37 - Feb 11 with 5215 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Alfie Mawson on 08:10 - Feb 11 by STID2017

One dive - Rashford, Alli, etc, are practised in the art.
Perspective Dwight

I'm all for our team playing for free kicks, seeing Andre go down towards the end in their half was fantastic and something we've been missing since he left. Horrific dives like Olsson's bring shame and a stigma to the club however.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Alfie Mawson on 09:12 - Feb 11 with 5129 viewsDracan66

Do we miss Ashley Williams? I think not and I'm glad to say we've finally moved on and I think the VDH, AM, FF combo is now paying dividends.
Alfie Mawson on 09:14 - Feb 11 with 5123 viewsDr_Winston

Alfie Mawson on 09:12 - Feb 11 by Dracan66

Do we miss Ashley Williams? I think not and I'm glad to say we've finally moved on and I think the VDH, AM, FF combo is now paying dividends.

At no point have we ever missed Ashley Williams.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Alfie Mawson on 09:24 - Feb 11 with 5088 viewsJackfath

If a "big 6 club" come knocking, bidding starts at £50M.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Alfie Mawson on 12:56 - Feb 11 with 4912 viewsSwanski

Alfie Mawson on 07:34 - Feb 11 by STID2017

I think the 4 mentioned have been consistantly solid all year(Bartley when fit). I love seeing ollson bomb forward but its only recently that he has returned to the form he showed last year. Likewise contrary to most i think naughts does ok too. Fabi has been immense so yep the entire defence has been good but the wall in the middle has stood out for me.
Alfie Mawson on 13:49 - Feb 11 with 4838 viewsWarwickHunt

Alfie Mawson on 09:14 - Feb 11 by Dr_Winston

At no point have we ever missed Ashley Williams.

What? Our leader, our rock, the irreplaceable Ash?

Sold him a year too late if anything...
N/A. on 00:56 - Feb 12 with 4606 viewsHuw57

Alfie Mawson on 08:05 - Feb 11 by karnataka

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 6:06]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024