Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? 23:40 - Mar 25 with 79406 viewsDarran

Wow that’s a surprise. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:37 - Apr 27 with 3709 viewsfelixstowe_jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 14:21 - Apr 26 by Sir_Robin

I take it you didn't actually read his piece then. He said that he understands why there is a growing demand for mandatory reselection despite not supporting it himself.

Yes I read the article fully and repeat his word as quoted

"I look with disgust at the behaviour of the Corbyn hater MPs"

"Rebel MPs working overtime trying to present the Labour Party as a morass of misogyny, ant-Semitism and Bullying"

"A dismal chorus whose every dirge makes winning a Labour government more difficult"

"To see Tory Mps cheer and applaud them was shameful"

No where in his article does he condemn the momentum activist who sent bullying, abusive and threatening to the Labour MPs who spoke out.
It seems free speech is only the right of the hard left who support Corbyn. No one has the right, in the Labour Party, to disagree with Corbyn. Seems to get more like a Marxist organisation every day. It is people like McCluskey and MacDonnell who are harming Labour's chance of being elected.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2018 11:38]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 12:54 - Apr 27 with 3661 viewsSir_Robin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:37 - Apr 27 by felixstowe_jack

Yes I read the article fully and repeat his word as quoted

"I look with disgust at the behaviour of the Corbyn hater MPs"

"Rebel MPs working overtime trying to present the Labour Party as a morass of misogyny, ant-Semitism and Bullying"

"A dismal chorus whose every dirge makes winning a Labour government more difficult"

"To see Tory Mps cheer and applaud them was shameful"

No where in his article does he condemn the momentum activist who sent bullying, abusive and threatening to the Labour MPs who spoke out.
It seems free speech is only the right of the hard left who support Corbyn. No one has the right, in the Labour Party, to disagree with Corbyn. Seems to get more like a Marxist organisation every day. It is people like McCluskey and MacDonnell who are harming Labour's chance of being elected.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2018 11:38]

I've read the piece again and still can't find the bit where he calls for deselection. It's almost as if you made it up. Either that or the concept of nuance is lost on you. You said that McCluskey "has called for Labour MPs ,who expressed concerned over how Jeremy Corbyn has allowed anti-Semitism to flourish in the Labour party, to be deselected". I called you out on this lie. Here are his exact words:

"I understand why there is a growing demand for mandatory reselection"

"I am personally not in favour of mandatory reselection; I believe our present procedures for holding MPs to account are quite sufficient. However, I lost that argument overwhelmingly with the Unite executive council and at our policy conference in 2016"

The people who are harming Labour's chances of being elected are the Blairite opportunists whose sole focus seems to be getting rid of Corbyn and installing a centre-right, neoliberal leader. You may have forgotten that the 2017 election saw the biggest swing to Labour since 1945. No one is denying that anti-Semitism exists in pockets of the Labour party (it exists to varying degrees in every party despite what the media are telling you) but the way it has been weaponised to smear a lifelong anti-racism campaigner as an anti-Semite is disgusting.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2018 12:54]
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:32 - Apr 27 with 3642 viewstheloneranger

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 06:19 - Apr 27 by waynekerr55

Is the synagogue still there in Ffynone?

They sold the building in 2009, but rent the hall in their former building when needed.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:33 - Apr 27 with 3642 viewsKerouac

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 12:54 - Apr 27 by Sir_Robin

I've read the piece again and still can't find the bit where he calls for deselection. It's almost as if you made it up. Either that or the concept of nuance is lost on you. You said that McCluskey "has called for Labour MPs ,who expressed concerned over how Jeremy Corbyn has allowed anti-Semitism to flourish in the Labour party, to be deselected". I called you out on this lie. Here are his exact words:

"I am personally not in favour of mandatory reselection; I believe our present procedures for holding MPs to account are quite sufficient. However, I lost that argument overwhelmingly with the Unite executive council and at our policy conference in 2016"

The people who are harming Labour's chances of being elected are the Blairite opportunists whose sole focus seems to be getting rid of Corbyn and installing a centre-right, neoliberal leader. You may have forgotten that the 2017 election saw the biggest swing to Labour since 1945. No one is denying that anti-Semitism exists in pockets of the Labour party (it exists to varying degrees in every party despite what the media are telling you) but the way it has been weaponised to smear a lifelong anti-racism campaigner as an anti-Semite is disgusting.

You mean a man (Corbyn) who has continually fraternized with holocaust deniers over a long period of time.
A man who has done f*ck all to eliminate anti-semites from his party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:38 - Apr 27 with 3635 viewsKerouac

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 16:22 - Apr 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Well that clears it up thanks .

I’m going to take politics out of this question to you jack

Living in Swansea all my life I can’t recall hearing or seeing any anti semitsm in this part of the world .

Has anyone else experienced or seen it in Swansea .?

I have heard anti-semitic views expressed regularly in Swansea.
I have heard them from our Muslim community and I have heard them from the far left.
Neither of these 2 groups would recognise that they are anti-semitic mind.
I used to hear them about once a month.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 14:14 - Apr 27 with 3613 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:38 - Apr 27 by Kerouac

I have heard them from our Muslim community and I have heard them from the far left.

Interesting stuff ?

Once a month ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 14:40 - Apr 27 with 3596 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:38 - Apr 27 by Kerouac

But never from your mob, the far right. Lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 14:56 - Apr 27 with 3586 viewssherpajacob

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:32 - Apr 27 by theloneranger

They sold the building in 2009, but rent the hall in their former building when needed.

financially astute

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:05 - Apr 27 with 3580 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 08:43 - Apr 27 by felixstowe_jack

And you forget that the Majority of the ARAB states only being created in the 100 years since the end of the first world war after the break up of the otterman empire. With only a 100 years of history they have disposed the indigenous and with the various muslims sects in virtual civil war ever since Millions have been killed in Syria, Iraq, Iran to name but a few.

Israel is the only democratic state in the area. It seems it is fine for various Muslim sects to take land of each other but Israel is not allowed to defend itself. Please remember that Syria, Egypt and Jordan invaded Israel in the 1960s with Russian help. At one point it looked like Israel would be conquered but they fought back and captured land in Egypt and Lebanon and a small amout in Syria (Syria still occupy a small part of the Goland heights from Israel. Egypt and Israel agreed a peace treaty and Israel return all Egypt's land and agreed with Egypt to give the Gazza strip to the Palistians to create a new homeland for them. None of the other Arab countries would agree to a peace plan hence the continuing troubles in the Area.

It seems Labour are happy to be anti Israel (not many UK voters but are pro Muslim millions of UK vote) Call me cynical.

Can I call you illiterate instead? Your last sentence made no sense at all.

It doesn't matter whether the Arab states were created 100 years ago or 5000. The point is the Arabs have always lived there. The state of Israel hadn't existed from around 700 BC to it's reinvention back in 1948 .
Israel isn't the only democratic state in the area, Syrians electd Bashar Al Assad with 80% of the vote. The trouble is the west don't like him (just like the Egyptian brotherhood) so have hired Saudi Arabian mercenaries to try to depose him by conventional or chemical means.

"Syria occupy part of the Golan heights from Israel?" They've got every right to, it's Syria's territory . You call Hezbollah a terrorist organisation yet it was only formed with the sole aim of defending South Lebanon from the illegally occupying Israeli army.

And why should Palestinians need a new homeland? They've already got one.

Your comments show a high level of ignorance and pro Israeli bias. My great uncle was a policeman out in Palestine in the 1950's and he despised what Israel was doing.

If the Israelis had gone and emigrated in peace to palestine and intergrated and formed part of an united society instead of just stealing Palestinian land there wouldn't have been any trouble but they wanted all out ownership and the subjugation of the Palestinian Arabic people.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:06 - Apr 27 with 3577 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 14:14 - Apr 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

Interesting stuff ?

Once a month ?

Yes. At his knitting for fascsim workshop.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:12 - Apr 27 with 3569 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:05 - Apr 27 by Brynmill_Jack

It doesn't matter whether the Arab states were created 100 years ago or 5000. The point is the Arabs have always lived there. The state of Israel hadn't existed from around 700 BC to it's reinvention back in 1948 .
Israel isn't the only democratic state in the area, Syrians electd Bashar Al Assad with 80% of the vote. The trouble is the west don't like him (just like the Egyptian brotherhood) so have hired Saudi Arabian mercenaries to try to depose him by conventional or chemical means.

"Syria occupy part of the Golan heights from Israel?" They've got every right to, it's Syria's territory . You call Hezbollah a terrorist organisation yet it was only formed with the sole aim of defending South Lebanon from the illegally occupying Israeli army.

Your comments show a high level of ignorance and pro Israeli bias. My great uncle was a policeman out in Palestine in the 1950's and he despised what Israel was doing.

If the Israelis had gone and emigrated in peace to palestine and intergrated and formed part of an united society instead of just stealing Palestinian land there wouldn't have been any trouble but they wanted all out ownership and the subjugation of the Palestinian Arabic people.

In the ‘50s? Was your uncle Israeli?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 16:32 - Apr 27 with 3541 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:06 - Apr 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes. At his knitting for fascsim workshop.

You naughty boy

🤣🤣

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 07:43 - Apr 28 with 3464 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 12:54 - Apr 27 by Sir_Robin

Yes it is unbelievable Sir Robin. On QT there was a big thing (rightfully) made about wind rush which is about as hateful and racist as it gets but there was still someone planted in the audience (dressed in blue surprisingly) still stirring the labour antisemitism pot.

Whatever has happened in labour pales into insignificance compared to an active government policy with the power to deport British nationals whose only means of proof of citizenship (apart from all the tax and NI that they've paid) has been cynically destroyed by those who are asking for that proof. It's almost like a throwback to the mentalities of 60's America or South Africa. Surely that's the end for May, her human shield Rudd and any hopes for this governments re election.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 07:51 - Apr 28 with 3463 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:12 - Apr 27 by Lohengrin

In the ‘50s? Was your uncle Israeli?

No the British had a police force out there in the 50's.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:06 - Apr 28 with 3407 viewsHighjack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 07:51 - Apr 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Perch was there cracking Palestinian heads and propositioning men in toilets.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 12:45 - Apr 28 with 3378 viewswaynekerr55

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:32 - Apr 27 by theloneranger

I remember being given Kosher Kit Kats when we went on a primary school visit when I was in Manselton Primary many moons ago (circa 1991). Even that's closed now, hasn't it?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:03 - Apr 28 with 3361 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 07:51 - Apr 28 by Brynmill_Jack

The Palestine Police were disbanded in 1948 when the Mandate expired, mun.

This relative of yours, I don’t suppose he was from Mumbles by any chance? Something of a painter/handyman in later life. Short chap, grey hair, quite dapper?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Paof rty th en? on 13:38 - Apr 28 with 3341 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:03 - Apr 28 by Lohengrin

This relative of yours, I don’t suppose he was from Mumbles by any chance? Something of a painter/handyman in later life. Short chap, grey hair, quite dapper?

You're right. It must have been the late 40's he was out there. I think he passed away just into this century but since his tour of duty and for the rest of his life often wrote in to the evening post about his dislike of the methods etc of the modern state of Israel.
He managed a well known cash and carry for years and wasn't particularly dapper as I remember him. A warm and generous man though.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:44 - Apr 28 with 3334 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:03 - Apr 28 by Lohengrin

He lived in sketty for a few years in Coed Season crescent (I think that's what the road was called). Short with grey hair though yes (and a bit portly). Wore spectacles.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 14:13 - Apr 28 with 3317 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:44 - Apr 28 by Brynmill_Jack

He lived in sketty for a few years in Coed Season crescent (I think that's what the road was called). Short with grey hair though yes (and a bit portly). Wore spectacles.

Not the same chap going from this and your previous post, Bryn.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:10 - Apr 30 with 3189 viewsfelixstowe_jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:05 - Apr 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Just the same as the Israel has always existed. What a strange statement to say it has not existed since 700 BC. Did you not know the Romans invaded Israel around 30 BC. I guess you will be saying Jesus did not come from Israel next and was not Jewish. Your anti semitism is rife just like your Labour party. Now you are trying to change history. Your claims that everthing would be peaceful if they just settled there is clearly nonsense. The arabs are still fighting against fellow arabs why would they live in peace with non arabs?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:14 - Apr 30 with 3187 viewsBatterseajack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:10 - Apr 30 by felixstowe_jack

Just the same as the Israel has always existed. What a strange statement to say it has not existed since 700 BC. Did you not know the Romans invaded Israel around 30 BC. I guess you will be saying Jesus did not come from Israel next and was not Jewish. Your anti semitism is rife just like your Labour party. Now you are trying to change history. Your claims that everthing would be peaceful if they just settled there is clearly nonsense. The arabs are still fighting against fellow arabs why would they live in peace with non arabs?

And your racism against Arabs is equally rife in your last sentence.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:53 - Apr 30 with 3152 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:10 - Apr 30 by felixstowe_jack

Nope. The Romans dissolved the kingdom of Judea in the first century and the people were scattered/exiled. Israel we were talking about . You do know the kingdom had been divided long before the time of Jesus don't you? And then liquidated by some other foreign power around 700 BC?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:07 - Apr 30 with 3107 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:33 - Apr 27 by Kerouac

You mean a man (Corbyn) who has continually fraternized with holocaust deniers over a long period of time.
A man who has done f*ck all to eliminate anti-semites from his party.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-antisemitism-row-naz-shah-

Well is this how it all kicked off then FFS?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 21:43 - Apr 30 with 3077 viewsKerouac

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 20:07 - Apr 30 by Brynmill_Jack

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-antisemitism-row-naz-shah-

Well is this how it all kicked off then FFS?

https://archive.is/JRRqN

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/20/jeremy-corbyn

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/13/jewish-c

https://www.righteousjews.org/article27a.html

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024