Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? 23:40 - Mar 25 with 78436 viewsDarran

Wow that’s a surprise. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:18 - Aug 1 with 2100 viewsbluey_the_blue

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:10 - Aug 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

He should of told him to shut up and stop talking bollocks
That would have gone down lovely

This happened 8 years ago and it was known 8 years ago what this Auchswitz survivor said

All of a sudden it’s headlines , Facking hell

It's headlines because it's yet another example of Corbyn at his best.

At what point do you think, looking at the long pattern that maybe being charitable he's an utter f*ckwit with incredibly dubious judgment or at worst he's anti-semitic?
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:22 - Aug 1 with 2092 viewssherpajacob

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 14:07 - Aug 1 by bluey_the_blue

So those Holocaust survivors who have criticised Corbyn clearly don't count in your view, because you only listen to Jews with opinions that match your agenda?

Bluey admits it's all about agendas.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:25 - Aug 1 with 2089 viewsbluey_the_blue

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:22 - Aug 1 by sherpajacob

Might want to read the post again.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:25 - Aug 1 with 2087 viewsShaky

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:22 - Aug 1 by sherpajacob

. .and a welcome distraction for the usual critics of Israel's hard right government:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Israel could now destroy young Jews' commitment to it
Young people mustn't be alienated from Israel, says Jonathan Freedland, whether by its politics or the misguided actions of those in the diaspora
By Jonathan Freedland

Jewish Chronicle, July 27, 2018

It’s the season of that most modern Jewish rite of passage: the post-GCSE summer tour to Israel. From what I can tell, it hasn’t changed much over the past 35 years: still the hikes through parched deserts and over ancient mountains, the night trek up Masada, moments of adolescent contemplation at the Western Wall, some museums, a kibbutz or two and constant, aching teenage laughter.

But this summer there will be two clouds in otherwise blue skies. The first is the most significant. Last week’s passage by the Knesset of the nation-state bill is a desperate blow for all those who feel bound up with Israel, who feel compelled to defend it and who wish to see it not only survive but to thrive as a just and fair society.

It says that the right to self-determination in Israel is a right that applies to Jews only and that Hebrew is the state’s only official language, with Arabic now granted merely a “special status”. The combined effect of those two moves is to tell the one-fifth of the country that is not Jewish and whose mother tongue is Arabic that they are second-class citizens.

For all those who’ve long defended Israel against the accusation that the very idea of a national home for the Jews is inherently racist and who have campaigned hard against the claim that Israel is an apartheid state, this is a heavy blow. Israel has explicitly granted collective rights to one group of citizens and denied them to another. Those used to shouting that “Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East” will need to find another slogan – because this is not how democracies behave.

Naturally, Israel’s most committed haters are heartened by this move: this proves, they say, that Israel is and always was a racist project. That’s not right: on the contrary, this represents an appalling break from Israel’s founding vision, a terrible violation of the promise contained in the Declaration of Independence – that Israel would “ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex.”

What’s more, it came in a week when Israel’s prime minister warmly hosted Viktor Orban, who won re-election with a shamelessly antisemitic campaign, and when Israeli police arrested a rabbi in a dawn raid on his home for the “crime” of conducting a non-Orthodox wedding. Those of us who care about Israel have to face facts. Netanyahu is not only enshrining discrimination against a minority into Israel’s basic law, he is overseeing both the Orbanisation and Iranification of Israel, twin processes which are equally depressing.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/columnists/israel-could-now-destroy-youth-s-commit

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:26 - Aug 1 with 2084 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:18 - Aug 1 by bluey_the_blue

It's headlines because it's yet another example of Corbyn at his best.

At what point do you think, looking at the long pattern that maybe being charitable he's an utter f*ckwit with incredibly dubious judgment or at worst he's anti-semitic?

IS Corbyn an anti Semite Blue .

Yes or no will do !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:31 - Aug 1 with 2077 viewsbluey_the_blue

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:26 - Aug 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yes or no will do !

In the past I'd have said no. Nowadays, I'd waver towards yes. There are just too many examples where he didn't know the views of other people he was sharing a platform with etc.

I'd prefer I didn't think that way but for me, it's a case of trying to see what makes him not anti-semitic rather than looking for evidence he is.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:44 - Aug 1 with 2064 viewssherpajacob

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:31 - Aug 1 by bluey_the_blue

In the past I'd have said no. Nowadays, I'd waver towards yes. There are just too many examples where he didn't know the views of other people he was sharing a platform with etc.

I'd prefer I didn't think that way but for me, it's a case of trying to see what makes him not anti-semitic rather than looking for evidence he is.

Your last sentence is the give away of the whole issue.

It's impossible to prove someone isn't racist. So the right wing keep banging the drum on something that cannot be disproved.

Evidence of proof however appears very thin on the ground. A mural social media comment? Sharing a platform with a holocaust survivor who according to definition is now anti Semite.

The proof Jezza wasn't a spy was provided by the Czech authorities. So they've moved onto something that cannot be proven.

I would have thought evidence would be vital, you don't seem bothered that it's not there.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:55 - Aug 1 with 2045 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:31 - Aug 1 by bluey_the_blue

At least we know where you stand

You should have Just came out with it man
Instead of pussy footing around it

Login to get fewer ads

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 16:21 - Aug 1 with 2029 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:26 - Aug 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yes or no will do !

It’s like asking if he’s gay, Tom. Would you be satisfied with a no, but the men he sleeps with are?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 16:52 - Aug 1 with 2022 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 16:21 - Aug 1 by Lohengrin

It’s like asking if he’s gay, Tom. Would you be satisfied with a no, but the men he sleeps with are?

That’s next months daily Mail headline .

“Gay Jezza in bad Jewish 3 some “

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 16:55 - Aug 1 with 2020 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 16:52 - Aug 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

That’s next months daily Mail headline .

“Gay Jezza in bad Jewish 3 some “

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:35 - Aug 1 with 1981 viewsbluey_the_blue

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 16:21 - Aug 1 by Lohengrin

Watch it sonny boy...
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:47 - Aug 1 with 1970 viewsbluey_the_blue

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:44 - Aug 1 by sherpajacob

Your last sentence is the give away of the whole issue.

It's impossible to prove someone isn't racist. So the right wing keep banging the drum on something that cannot be disproved.

Evidence of proof however appears very thin on the ground. A mural social media comment? Sharing a platform with a holocaust survivor who according to definition is now anti Semite.

The proof Jezza wasn't a spy was provided by the Czech authorities. So they've moved onto something that cannot be proven.

I would have thought evidence would be vital, you don't seem bothered that it's not there.

My last sentence was due to the fact so many things are out there that it can't be a string of co-incidences Corbyn magically didn't know / didn't research people he's associated with / donated to / spoken at events with.

Are you not bothered Corbyn donated to Paul Eisen who has hardly kept his Holocaust denial a secret? Corbyn was a patron of PSC. Back in 2007 PSC severed all links with Deir Yassin Remembered due to the anti-semitism there, including that of Eisen - a DYR director.

Corbyn continued meetings, platforming with Eisen up to 2013. When questioned about it during the 2015 leadership battle, Corbyn responded by saying back in 2000 Eisen wasn't a Holocaust denier, if he'd have known he'd not have associated with him.

Fair enough comment in response there. The problem is that you'd then have to believe that Corbyn - prominent patron ofn PSC had no knowledge whatsoever of why the links with DYR were severed, hadn't seen or heard any of the comments Eisen freely made.

Corbyn and Eisen were also members of the "Palestine Live" facebook group, where anti-semitic comments were freely and openly made. For Corbyn to claim he didn't know Eisen was a Holocaust denier... it's simply not credible.

It's not just that. It's so many other situations where to continue to give Corbyn good faith you've got to stretch credibility and indeed the probability of so many co-incidences occurring that it simply beggars belief.

That's why I said I went to instead look for reasons he isn't anti-semitic. There's simply too many situations Corbyn has been in, if you truly believe he's not anti-semitic, well, he's just had so many whacky escapades it's like a bad BBC sitcom.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:50 - Aug 1 with 1968 viewsHumpty

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 15:25 - Aug 1 by Shaky

. .and a welcome distraction for the usual critics of Israel's hard right government:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Israel could now destroy young Jews' commitment to it
Young people mustn't be alienated from Israel, says Jonathan Freedland, whether by its politics or the misguided actions of those in the diaspora
By Jonathan Freedland

Jewish Chronicle, July 27, 2018

It’s the season of that most modern Jewish rite of passage: the post-GCSE summer tour to Israel. From what I can tell, it hasn’t changed much over the past 35 years: still the hikes through parched deserts and over ancient mountains, the night trek up Masada, moments of adolescent contemplation at the Western Wall, some museums, a kibbutz or two and constant, aching teenage laughter.

But this summer there will be two clouds in otherwise blue skies. The first is the most significant. Last week’s passage by the Knesset of the nation-state bill is a desperate blow for all those who feel bound up with Israel, who feel compelled to defend it and who wish to see it not only survive but to thrive as a just and fair society.

It says that the right to self-determination in Israel is a right that applies to Jews only and that Hebrew is the state’s only official language, with Arabic now granted merely a “special status”. The combined effect of those two moves is to tell the one-fifth of the country that is not Jewish and whose mother tongue is Arabic that they are second-class citizens.

For all those who’ve long defended Israel against the accusation that the very idea of a national home for the Jews is inherently racist and who have campaigned hard against the claim that Israel is an apartheid state, this is a heavy blow. Israel has explicitly granted collective rights to one group of citizens and denied them to another. Those used to shouting that “Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East” will need to find another slogan – because this is not how democracies behave.

Naturally, Israel’s most committed haters are heartened by this move: this proves, they say, that Israel is and always was a racist project. That’s not right: on the contrary, this represents an appalling break from Israel’s founding vision, a terrible violation of the promise contained in the Declaration of Independence – that Israel would “ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex.”

What’s more, it came in a week when Israel’s prime minister warmly hosted Viktor Orban, who won re-election with a shamelessly antisemitic campaign, and when Israeli police arrested a rabbi in a dawn raid on his home for the “crime” of conducting a non-Orthodox wedding. Those of us who care about Israel have to face facts. Netanyahu is not only enshrining discrimination against a minority into Israel’s basic law, he is overseeing both the Orbanisation and Iranification of Israel, twin processes which are equally depressing.

https://www.thejc.com/comment/columnists/israel-could-now-destroy-youth-s-commit

Excellent article from Mr Freedland.

One of those self hating Jews obviously.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:52 - Aug 1 with 1966 viewsbluey_the_blue

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 19:50 - Aug 1 by Humpty

Excellent article from Mr Freedland.

One of those self hating Jews obviously.

It is indeed an excellent article.

You've no grasp of what the concept of self hating Jews in tbh.
So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:32 - Aug 2 with 1906 viewsKerouac

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/labour-civil-war-revolt-as-new-videos-show

Disgusting piece of sh*t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:43 - Aug 2 with 1901 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 10:32 - Aug 2 by Kerouac

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/labour-civil-war-revolt-as-new-videos-show

The red used to look like this:

Now the best they can muster is this:

This October they ought to forget about storming any palaces and think about calling in sick...

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:17 - Aug 2 with 1890 viewsHighjack

He only compared Israel to Nazis to facilitate peace mun.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:40 - Aug 2 with 1885 viewsEbo

You love the Daily Heil don't you?

So much disinformation in that article it is staggering and bordering on libel.

Yet we have James O'brien on LBC attacking a deceased holocaust survivor for speaking out against Israel with the words "using his experiences of the Holocaust as a camouflage to attack the state of Israel"

Now that really is anti-semitism.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:15 - Aug 2 with 1863 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:40 - Aug 2 by Ebo

Yet we have James O'brien on LBC attacking a deceased holocaust survivor for speaking out against Israel with the words "using his experiences of the Holocaust as a camouflage to attack the state of Israel"

imagine corbyn said that

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:34 - Aug 2 with 1847 viewswaynekerr55

So what exactly are good Jews and bad Jews?

I think David Baddiel is a good Jew as his dad lived in Swansea

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:43 - Aug 2 with 1841 viewsLohengrin

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:34 - Aug 2 by waynekerr55

So what exactly are good Jews and bad Jews?

I think David Baddiel is a good Jew as his dad lived in Swansea

Perhaps I can help, Wayne?

Good Jew:

Bad Jew:

Bloody awful Jew:

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:45 - Aug 2 with 1837 viewsKerouac

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 11:40 - Aug 2 by Ebo

No, actually I read the 'Daily Mail' hardly ever and never look at their online content.

I would be very surprised if you could find a post of mine with a link to one of their articles and if that has happened it would be a tiny fraction of all my links to Newspaper articles.

So why do you write that?
Ask yourself the question, seriously.

I'll help you.
It is because I am taking a position which makes you feel uncomfortable about your own position.
Whenever that happens you need to justify your own position, yet you are unable to do this through reason.
Therefore anyone asking awkward questions or taking positions that contradict your own are written off as;
- the far right
- Nazis
- Daily Mail readers
- Little Englanders
- Nationalists
- Racist
...and that list goes on and on and on.

You and your ilk are tiresome.
Learn to think.
Construct an argument.
Ta-ta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:46 - Aug 2 with 1833 viewswaynekerr55

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:43 - Aug 2 by Lohengrin

Good Jew:

Bad Jew:

Bloody awful Jew:

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:53 - Aug 2 with 1828 viewsHighjack

So there is anti-Semitism in the Labour Party then? on 13:43 - Aug 2 by Lohengrin

Good Jew:

Bad Jew:

Bloody awful Jew:

Is it a coincidence then that Voldemort and his death eaters hold more than a passing resemblance to a momentum activist march?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024