Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Email 09:43 - Mar 31 with 8369 viewsNeath_Jack

Dear Number 1 Planet Swans Poster,

Before we close the curtain on yet another international break, we'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate both Connor Roberts and Oli McBurnie on their senior international debuts. Now we turn our attention to Old Trafford and the first of eight huge Premier League games which we all hope will lead to the Great Escape mark 2 ! It's going to be another rollercoaster ride for Swans fans and our best wishes go to Carlos Carvalhal and the playing squad.

Best wishes

The Swans Trust Team

Communications

We have recently set up a sub-group of the Trust Board which is reviewing the way we communicate with members. The sub-group is currently looking at various aspects of communication, including how we can make better use of social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. There is a separate item below on our new, members only Facebook group and we will be providing more details of other ideas the communications sub group is currently working on over the next few weeks.

However we can assure you that our regular emails to members will continue to be a key method of communication. We realise that not everyone uses Facebook and other, similar platforms so any increase in the use of social media in Trust related issues will also need to be integrated within both our regular email updates and our www.swanstrust.co.uk website which is also being reviewed by our sub-group.

If there are specific ideas, features or topics that you would like to see included or have any other views on communication please get in touch with us via communications@swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust - Members Only Facebook Group

A reminder to join our new, members only, Facebook group. The original Trust Facebook group has a large membership from all over the world, the vast majority of whom are not Trust members. While we do not want to lose the opportunity to engage with such large numbers we are conscious that the group has become difficult to manage. We very much appreciate the efforts of the current moderators but feel that an additional, members only group might allow a more focused discussion around topics of particular interest to Trust members.

The original group will continue but if you wish to join the new members only Facebook group you can do so at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Trustmembers/

Ownership Consortium

You will be aware of various media reports in recent weeks about the make up of the consortium which owns the majority share of Swansea City through the American based private company, Swansea Football LLC. As a significant shareholder in Swansea City FC, the Trust has asked the club to confirm who the members of the consortium are.

The Trust is of course aware that Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien are significant shareholders along with Romie Chaudhari and Robert Hernreich, both of whom are directors on the board of Swansea City. The club has however refused to confirm who the other members of the owning consortium are, stating that the minority investor members have not provided approval to make public their private investment.The club describes them as private and passive investors with no operational control or influence in the affairs of the Football Club.

While it appears that Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien have the day to day authority to make operational decisions regarding the club on behalf of the consortium, the Trust has no knowledge of any parameters they may have been set or the limit of their authority. The Trust cannot independently verify the details of the consortium or the decision making structure. However, given the other important matters we are progressing relating to the Trust’s shareholding, we do not intend to pursue this further at this stage.

New on-demand coach travel to the Liberty

Have you used the new on-demand coach service to home Swans games ? We are only a couple of matches into the new initiative but we are keen to get initial feedback from any members who have used it. If you could spare just a couple of minutes to complete our survey this would be appreciated - Click here to access the survey.

If you have any other comments/suggestions on matchday travel please forward them to us at consultation@swanstrust.co.uk

Don't Forget

As well as the Facebook group mentioned above you can also follow the Swans Trust on Twitter @swanstrust

You can have a chat to members of the Trust Board on match days at the Trust pod at the Liberty Stadium — there is someone from the Trust at the pod for at least an hour up to 30 minutes before kick-off.

You can also contact the Trust by clicking the contact link at the top of this email.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust Email on 21:02 - Apr 1 with 1641 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 20:58 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Would there though? Be anew group of like minded people who are prepared to challenge things and willing to step up? Would be great if there was cos there are elections coming up.

Given the elections are just two months away the way to get the board changed is for people who want to try and make that change to stand up and do it
Trust Email on 21:04 - Apr 1 with 1639 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 21:02 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

Given the elections are just two months away the way to get the board changed is for people who want to try and make that change to stand up and do it

Completely agree.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Email on 21:05 - Apr 1 with 1632 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 21:02 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

When the takeover first happened there was a desire for someone to be there to see what/if anything was being said that should be known

Now I think it is just taken to have a cuppa tea and a prawn sandwich and cake and be just generally nosey

Seems entirely pointless to me. Never been discussed in my time on the board either, unless I missed it.

Trust Email on 21:06 - Apr 1 with 1618 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 21:05 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Seems entirely pointless to me. Never been discussed in my time on the board either, unless I missed it.

Must admit I couldn't tell you any time in my last 12 months on the board where there was a benefit to the Trust having representation being there.

And you know my views on the directors box as well - should be well away from there - especially as too many home games it is just used as a freebie.
Trust Email on 21:07 - Apr 1 with 1613 viewsNeathJack

Trust Email on 21:05 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

I'd like to see a minute in the monthly Trust board meetings stating who attended the Directors Box each game and who attended the press conferences.

Transparency.
Trust Email on 21:08 - Apr 1 with 1611 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 21:06 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

Must admit I couldn't tell you any time in my last 12 months on the board where there was a benefit to the Trust having representation being there.

And you know my views on the directors box as well - should be well away from there - especially as too many home games it is just used as a freebie.

Any idea who goes (to the press conference)?

Trust Email on 21:08 - Apr 1 with 1605 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 21:07 - Apr 1 by NeathJack

I'd like to see a minute in the monthly Trust board meetings stating who attended the Directors Box each game and who attended the press conferences.

Transparency.

And what was gained out of it happening
Trust Email on 21:09 - Apr 1 with 1597 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 21:07 - Apr 1 by NeathJack

Transparency.

Wouldn’t bother me, you’ll never see my name on either.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Email on 21:09 - Apr 1 with 1592 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 21:08 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Any idea who goes (to the press conference)?

When Alan was the media spokesman it was always him and if he wasnt available then Will would stand in for him (as he stood in as media spokesman as well)

I assume now as Cath appears to have taken on the mantle as media spokesperson then it must be her?
Trust Email on 21:11 - Apr 1 with 1582 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 21:09 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

When Alan was the media spokesman it was always him and if he wasnt available then Will would stand in for him (as he stood in as media spokesman as well)

I assume now as Cath appears to have taken on the mantle as media spokesperson then it must be her?

I have no idea. Obviously seeing as I’ve only just found out that there’s an invitation.

Trust Email on 21:12 - Apr 1 with 1578 viewsLoyal

Trust Email on 20:50 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

What would a complete resignation of the entire trust board achieve do you reckon? I’d imagine the owners would be delighted.

Publicity wise it would be national headlines.
The reasoning behind it would highlight 2 years of worry and concern regards all the reasons we know already. They wouldn't be delighted it would send them in to disarray.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust Email on 21:14 - Apr 1 with 1561 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 21:11 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

I have no idea. Obviously seeing as I’ve only just found out that there’s an invitation.

I'm assuming your board meeting is next week - you can table it as AOB
Trust Email on 21:14 - Apr 1 with 1559 viewsswancity

Trust Email on 21:08 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

And what was gained out of it happening

Has anything been learned from the Cooze days? Seriously, the likes of Jenkins still seem to have them all eating out of his greedy mitts.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Email on 21:15 - Apr 1 with 1553 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 21:12 - Apr 1 by Loyal

Publicity wise it would be national headlines.
The reasoning behind it would highlight 2 years of worry and concern regards all the reasons we know already. They wouldn't be delighted it would send them in to disarray.

Maybe. Not sure I agree with all the potential consequences you’ve outlined there but it’s not going to happen anyway so it’s a bit moot.

Trust Email on 21:16 - Apr 1 with 1543 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 21:14 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

Nah we had one on the 19th. Next one isn’t scheduled yet as far as I know.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 21:17]

Trust Email on 21:18 - Apr 1 with 1532 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 21:16 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Nah we had one on the 19th. Next one isn’t scheduled yet as far as I know.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2018 21:17]

Or maybe you haven't been invited...
Trust Email on 21:21 - Apr 1 with 1517 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 21:18 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

Or maybe you haven't been invited...

What a notion.

Trust Email on 21:21 - Apr 1 with 1517 viewsswancity

Trust Email on 21:14 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

Under AOB please also ask:

1. What is the mission statement of the Trust? And have we completely lost sight of its actual aims?

2. Can we all please grow some balls and try to at least attempt to deal with important issues

3. Anyone who refuses to grow some balls can you ask them to resign

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Email on 21:21 - Apr 1 with 1517 viewsLoyal

Trust Email on 21:15 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Maybe. Not sure I agree with all the potential consequences you’ve outlined there but it’s not going to happen anyway so it’s a bit moot.

If there are people on the board who agree the sale was underhanded and the cover up of owners and who they are is misrepresenting the share holding of kaplain and levein then bollocks need to be grown, and courage of convictions realised.
Moot ?
Only because self preservation and personal agenda means more than Swansea City FC.
That's not moot. That's as loud as fck.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Trust Email on 21:22 - Apr 1 with 1504 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 21:21 - Apr 1 by Loyal

If there are people on the board who agree the sale was underhanded and the cover up of owners and who they are is misrepresenting the share holding of kaplain and levein then bollocks need to be grown, and courage of convictions realised.
Moot ?
Only because self preservation and personal agenda means more than Swansea City FC.

Moot insofar as there not going to be the mass resignations that you proposed. Not the rest of it mun.

Trust Email on 22:27 - Apr 1 with 1444 viewsdobjack2

Trust Email on 21:22 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Moot insofar as there not going to be the mass resignations that you proposed. Not the rest of it mun.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Trust Email on 22:37 - Apr 1 with 1431 viewsDarran

Phil,serious genuine question.

Can Planet Swans throw it’s weight behind The Resurrection?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Email on 23:38 - Apr 1 with 1368 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Email on 21:21 - Apr 1 by Loyal

Moot ?

Has there actually been a cover up in terms of who the owners are? Or who's involved behind Kaplan and Levien?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust Email on 23:51 - Apr 1 with 1364 viewsDarran

Trust Email on 23:38 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Has there actually been a cover up in terms of who the owners are? Or who's involved behind Kaplan and Levien?

This are the questions a future Trust board member should be asking. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Email on 06:38 - Apr 2 with 1314 viewsLoyal

Trust Email on 23:38 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Silence is deafening, they absolutely stink of Hamer & McClure.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024