Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Email 09:43 - Mar 31 with 8370 viewsNeath_Jack

Dear Number 1 Planet Swans Poster,

Before we close the curtain on yet another international break, we'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate both Connor Roberts and Oli McBurnie on their senior international debuts. Now we turn our attention to Old Trafford and the first of eight huge Premier League games which we all hope will lead to the Great Escape mark 2 ! It's going to be another rollercoaster ride for Swans fans and our best wishes go to Carlos Carvalhal and the playing squad.

Best wishes

The Swans Trust Team

Communications

We have recently set up a sub-group of the Trust Board which is reviewing the way we communicate with members. The sub-group is currently looking at various aspects of communication, including how we can make better use of social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. There is a separate item below on our new, members only Facebook group and we will be providing more details of other ideas the communications sub group is currently working on over the next few weeks.

However we can assure you that our regular emails to members will continue to be a key method of communication. We realise that not everyone uses Facebook and other, similar platforms so any increase in the use of social media in Trust related issues will also need to be integrated within both our regular email updates and our www.swanstrust.co.uk website which is also being reviewed by our sub-group.

If there are specific ideas, features or topics that you would like to see included or have any other views on communication please get in touch with us via communications@swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust - Members Only Facebook Group

A reminder to join our new, members only, Facebook group. The original Trust Facebook group has a large membership from all over the world, the vast majority of whom are not Trust members. While we do not want to lose the opportunity to engage with such large numbers we are conscious that the group has become difficult to manage. We very much appreciate the efforts of the current moderators but feel that an additional, members only group might allow a more focused discussion around topics of particular interest to Trust members.

The original group will continue but if you wish to join the new members only Facebook group you can do so at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Trustmembers/

Ownership Consortium

You will be aware of various media reports in recent weeks about the make up of the consortium which owns the majority share of Swansea City through the American based private company, Swansea Football LLC. As a significant shareholder in Swansea City FC, the Trust has asked the club to confirm who the members of the consortium are.

The Trust is of course aware that Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien are significant shareholders along with Romie Chaudhari and Robert Hernreich, both of whom are directors on the board of Swansea City. The club has however refused to confirm who the other members of the owning consortium are, stating that the minority investor members have not provided approval to make public their private investment.The club describes them as private and passive investors with no operational control or influence in the affairs of the Football Club.

While it appears that Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien have the day to day authority to make operational decisions regarding the club on behalf of the consortium, the Trust has no knowledge of any parameters they may have been set or the limit of their authority. The Trust cannot independently verify the details of the consortium or the decision making structure. However, given the other important matters we are progressing relating to the Trust’s shareholding, we do not intend to pursue this further at this stage.

New on-demand coach travel to the Liberty

Have you used the new on-demand coach service to home Swans games ? We are only a couple of matches into the new initiative but we are keen to get initial feedback from any members who have used it. If you could spare just a couple of minutes to complete our survey this would be appreciated - Click here to access the survey.

If you have any other comments/suggestions on matchday travel please forward them to us at consultation@swanstrust.co.uk

Don't Forget

As well as the Facebook group mentioned above you can also follow the Swans Trust on Twitter @swanstrust

You can have a chat to members of the Trust Board on match days at the Trust pod at the Liberty Stadium — there is someone from the Trust at the pod for at least an hour up to 30 minutes before kick-off.

You can also contact the Trust by clicking the contact link at the top of this email.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust Email on 09:03 - Apr 2 with 1546 viewsMattG

Trust Email on 06:38 - Apr 2 by Loyal

Silence is deafening, they absolutely stink of Hamer & McClure.

Ten positions up for grabs in the summer - could be interesting.
Trust Email on 09:05 - Apr 2 with 1546 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 22:37 - Apr 1 by Darran

Phil,serious genuine question.

Can Planet Swans throw it’s weight behind The Resurrection?

I wouldn't use the site to publicly campaign for anyone but I am sure that if Chris wants to stand for election in the summer then I am more than happy he uses the forum to campaign for votes amongst members.
Trust Email on 09:07 - Apr 2 with 1537 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 23:38 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Has there actually been a cover up in terms of who the owners are? Or who's involved behind Kaplan and Levien?

Given that the BBC have "confirmed" there are 28 people and some are active on social media and the like I find it slightly worrying that the majority shareholders have elected to decide that it is not in the Trust's interest to know the names - even in a private capacity

But then again given the fact that the club was locally owned prior to the sale I would have assumed that those selling would have done the due diligence to understand who was buying stakes in the club before the sale was completed.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Trust Email on 09:14 - Apr 2 with 1524 viewsdobjack2

Trust Email on 23:38 - Apr 1 by TheResurrection

Has there actually been a cover up in terms of who the owners are? Or who's involved behind Kaplan and Levien?

The owners are a Delaware LLC (Limited Liability Company) no information about the members of the LLC (the owners of the company presumably alongside Kaplan and Levein) is required to be listed in Delaware. These LLC can be used to keep the ownership of a company out of public records (ie private) As well as take advantage of other aspects of Delaware company law. It’s not a cover up after the event but would appear to be part of a conscious decision by the buyers to set up a company in Delaware to buy the shares.

I would suspect that all the Trust can do is ask Kaplan and Levein nicely who the owners of the company are. Even if they are allowed to reveal the names of the owners I suspect that they cannot be compelled to reveal them outside of court. I’m sure that there are posters who could clarify those points.

I assume it’s why Jenkins said he didn’t know who the shares had been sold to, a statement that worried the heck out of me at the time. In my view makes a mockery of the fit and proper ownership test.
Trust Email on 09:26 - Apr 2 with 1501 viewsDewi1jack

I said when Jase and Stevie boy were unveiled as the new owners, that the b'stards were just the front men.
I wonder with pressure from the Trust on Social Media/ Newspaper articles etc to the likes of Oprah, could we actually force transparency?

The likes of Oprah hate bad publicity, as it dismantles their carefully orchestrated "good girl next door image"

The Trust should grow a fuggin pair in any case and challenge publicly the likes of Beaky, Dimwit, travel club tickets etc.
Or are we the tail, wagging the old mutt again, trying to wake him from his near to death slumber?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust Email on 09:48 - Apr 2 with 1473 viewsDarran

Trust Email on 09:05 - Apr 2 by Phil_S

I wouldn't use the site to publicly campaign for anyone but I am sure that if Chris wants to stand for election in the summer then I am more than happy he uses the forum to campaign for votes amongst members.

Superb. VOTE RES.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Email on 10:01 - Apr 2 with 1457 viewsNeath_Jack

Trust Email on 09:48 - Apr 2 by Darran

Superb. VOTE RES.

Could you get your UFO pals to join in with the campaign as well?

Imagine the publicity that would get!

A flying saucer going around South Wales, beaming VOTE RES onto big public buildings.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust Email on 10:02 - Apr 2 with 1457 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Can we not only get behind Chris and ensure he is elected but also highlight the name of Mr ‘tail wagging the dog’ and ensure that he is kicked off?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Email on 10:17 - Apr 2 with 1425 viewsDarran

Trust Email on 10:01 - Apr 2 by Neath_Jack

Could you get your UFO pals to join in with the campaign as well?

Imagine the publicity that would get!

A flying saucer going around South Wales, beaming VOTE RES onto big public buildings.

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Email on 10:21 - Apr 2 with 1409 viewsUxbridge

Trust Email on 21:09 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

Wouldn’t bother me, you’ll never see my name on either.

Nor me.

Thing is nobody really fancies going in there these days, particularly with the negative connotations. Those that do are usually corralled into it and believe it's in the Trust's interests to attend (a view that isn't without merit and many on here subscribe to). Naming and shaming is a tad unfair in that context IMO.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Email on 10:23 - Apr 2 with 1403 viewsUxbridge

Trust Email on 21:02 - Apr 1 by Phil_S

When the takeover first happened there was a desire for someone to be there to see what/if anything was being said that should be known

Now I think it is just taken to have a cuppa tea and a prawn sandwich and cake and be just generally nosey

Unless I'm missing something, haven't Cath and Alan been going for years? Certainly been a regular attender in my time anyway.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Email on 10:23 - Apr 2 with 1402 viewsSTID2017

Trust Email on 09:48 - Apr 2 by Darran

Superb. VOTE RES.

Anything that means he's got less time to be flinging his insults about on here and the rest of us can get back to debating football in a "sensible" manner (I use the word "sensible" guardedly) gets my vote !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Trust Email on 11:08 - Apr 2 with 1371 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 10:21 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

Nor me.

Thing is nobody really fancies going in there these days, particularly with the negative connotations. Those that do are usually corralled into it and believe it's in the Trust's interests to attend (a view that isn't without merit and many on here subscribe to). Naming and shaming is a tad unfair in that context IMO.

I’m not sure I agree that anyone is “corralled” into it to be honest. That implies unwillingness and I’m not sure that’s the case.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Email on 11:12 - Apr 2 with 1362 viewsswancity

Trust Email on 10:21 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

Nor me.

Dear god. Lies and yet more lies.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Email on 11:15 - Apr 2 with 1357 viewsdobjack2

Trust Email on 11:08 - Apr 2 by exiledclaseboy

I’m not sure I agree that anyone is “corralled” into it to be honest. That implies unwillingness and I’m not sure that’s the case.

The “tail wagging the dog” comment has either caused a lot of damage or opened peoples eyes to the mindset of certain members of the trust board depending on your viewpoint.
Trust Email on 11:33 - Apr 2 with 1330 viewsmonmouth

Trust Email on 21:21 - Apr 1 by swancity

Under AOB please also ask:

1. What is the mission statement of the Trust? And have we completely lost sight of its actual aims?

2. Can we all please grow some balls and try to at least attempt to deal with important issues

3. Anyone who refuses to grow some balls can you ask them to resign

Number 3 is a bit tough on Cath or Lisa if she’s in attendance mind.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Email on 13:35 - Apr 2 with 1289 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Email on 10:23 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

Unless I'm missing something, haven't Cath and Alan been going for years? Certainly been a regular attender in my time anyway.

I didn't know anyone went. It's never been mentioned in any meetings or mails since I've been involved.

What a waste of time. Plus it sends out the wrong message.
Trust Email on 13:36 - Apr 2 with 1286 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Email on 11:08 - Apr 2 by exiledclaseboy

I could be naughty and suggest it depends on the game.

I have made it clear I don't think it should continue.

The majority of those who can vote disagree.
Trust Email on 14:52 - Apr 2 with 1245 viewsQJumpingJack

The Trust have every right to be in the boardroom.
If they don't attend, do you think the Americans / ex directors will care - they will not be bothered.

Whoever attends the board room for the Trust on match day should use it is an opportunity to gain a better understanding of what is going on at the club at that time, and perhaps question those in charge.
Trust Email on 15:31 - Apr 2 with 1228 viewslonglostjack

Trust Email on 14:52 - Apr 2 by QJumpingJack

If they don't attend, do you think the Americans / ex directors will care - they will not be bothered.

Whoever attends the board room for the Trust on match day should use it is an opportunity to gain a better understanding of what is going on at the club at that time, and perhaps question those in charge.

"perhaps" ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Email on 15:39 - Apr 2 with 1220 viewsmonmouth

That’s actually quite touchingly amusing mate.

In any case that’s why we (allegedly) have a supporter director on the Board, to do exactly that at Board meetings.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust Email on 16:18 - Apr 2 with 1193 viewsswancity

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Email on 16:30 - Apr 2 with 1184 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Email on 09:14 - Apr 2 by dobjack2

The owners are a Delaware LLC (Limited Liability Company) no information about the members of the LLC (the owners of the company presumably alongside Kaplan and Levein) is required to be listed in Delaware. These LLC can be used to keep the ownership of a company out of public records (ie private) As well as take advantage of other aspects of Delaware company law. It’s not a cover up after the event but would appear to be part of a conscious decision by the buyers to set up a company in Delaware to buy the shares.

I would suspect that all the Trust can do is ask Kaplan and Levein nicely who the owners of the company are. Even if they are allowed to reveal the names of the owners I suspect that they cannot be compelled to reveal them outside of court. I’m sure that there are posters who could clarify those points.

I assume it’s why Jenkins said he didn’t know who the shares had been sold to, a statement that worried the heck out of me at the time. In my view makes a mockery of the fit and proper ownership test.

Yes, all very well but it's not overly important either. It's a fund investment. SCFC might be one alongside other assets owned by the fund.

What is important is what they do with their asset, that's all we need to worry about.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust Email on 16:47 - Apr 2 with 1164 viewsdobjack2

Trust Email on 16:30 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

Yes, all very well but it's not overly important either. It's a fund investment. SCFC might be one alongside other assets owned by the fund.

What is important is what they do with their asset, that's all we need to worry about.

Agreed.

However the post was in answer to your question about whether there was a cover up regarding the true ownership of the club.
Trust Email on 16:49 - Apr 2 with 1163 viewsPhil_S

Trust Email on 10:23 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

Indeed they have - or certainly Alan used to attend a lot and then when he stepped down Cath seemed to take on the mantle. Not sure there is still the mileage in it that there was though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024