Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Email 09:43 - Mar 31 with 8371 viewsNeath_Jack

Dear Number 1 Planet Swans Poster,

Before we close the curtain on yet another international break, we'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate both Connor Roberts and Oli McBurnie on their senior international debuts. Now we turn our attention to Old Trafford and the first of eight huge Premier League games which we all hope will lead to the Great Escape mark 2 ! It's going to be another rollercoaster ride for Swans fans and our best wishes go to Carlos Carvalhal and the playing squad.

Best wishes

The Swans Trust Team

Communications

We have recently set up a sub-group of the Trust Board which is reviewing the way we communicate with members. The sub-group is currently looking at various aspects of communication, including how we can make better use of social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. There is a separate item below on our new, members only Facebook group and we will be providing more details of other ideas the communications sub group is currently working on over the next few weeks.

However we can assure you that our regular emails to members will continue to be a key method of communication. We realise that not everyone uses Facebook and other, similar platforms so any increase in the use of social media in Trust related issues will also need to be integrated within both our regular email updates and our www.swanstrust.co.uk website which is also being reviewed by our sub-group.

If there are specific ideas, features or topics that you would like to see included or have any other views on communication please get in touch with us via communications@swanstrust.co.uk

Swans Trust - Members Only Facebook Group

A reminder to join our new, members only, Facebook group. The original Trust Facebook group has a large membership from all over the world, the vast majority of whom are not Trust members. While we do not want to lose the opportunity to engage with such large numbers we are conscious that the group has become difficult to manage. We very much appreciate the efforts of the current moderators but feel that an additional, members only group might allow a more focused discussion around topics of particular interest to Trust members.

The original group will continue but if you wish to join the new members only Facebook group you can do so at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Trustmembers/

Ownership Consortium

You will be aware of various media reports in recent weeks about the make up of the consortium which owns the majority share of Swansea City through the American based private company, Swansea Football LLC. As a significant shareholder in Swansea City FC, the Trust has asked the club to confirm who the members of the consortium are.

The Trust is of course aware that Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien are significant shareholders along with Romie Chaudhari and Robert Hernreich, both of whom are directors on the board of Swansea City. The club has however refused to confirm who the other members of the owning consortium are, stating that the minority investor members have not provided approval to make public their private investment.The club describes them as private and passive investors with no operational control or influence in the affairs of the Football Club.

While it appears that Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien have the day to day authority to make operational decisions regarding the club on behalf of the consortium, the Trust has no knowledge of any parameters they may have been set or the limit of their authority. The Trust cannot independently verify the details of the consortium or the decision making structure. However, given the other important matters we are progressing relating to the Trust’s shareholding, we do not intend to pursue this further at this stage.

New on-demand coach travel to the Liberty

Have you used the new on-demand coach service to home Swans games ? We are only a couple of matches into the new initiative but we are keen to get initial feedback from any members who have used it. If you could spare just a couple of minutes to complete our survey this would be appreciated - Click here to access the survey.

If you have any other comments/suggestions on matchday travel please forward them to us at consultation@swanstrust.co.uk

Don't Forget

As well as the Facebook group mentioned above you can also follow the Swans Trust on Twitter @swanstrust

You can have a chat to members of the Trust Board on match days at the Trust pod at the Liberty Stadium — there is someone from the Trust at the pod for at least an hour up to 30 minutes before kick-off.

You can also contact the Trust by clicking the contact link at the top of this email.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust Email on 17:02 - Apr 2 with 1487 viewsUxbridge

Trust Email on 11:12 - Apr 2 by swancity

Dear god. Lies and yet more lies.

The irony of that statement.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Email on 17:04 - Apr 2 with 1487 viewsUxbridge

Trust Email on 11:08 - Apr 2 by exiledclaseboy

I’m not sure I agree that anyone is “corralled” into it to be honest. That implies unwillingness and I’m not sure that’s the case.

Well, it's subjective at best. I know I've seen plenty of intra-Trust board mails in recent times asking for anyone to attend when that wasn't the case previously. Plus, of course, you were there when it was discussed in the last meeting (and Nigel being well aware of our positions).

In terms of our fellow board members, you'd have to have your head in the sand to know there are people taking notes on who is attending these days, and I can quite understand why some are more reluctant these days.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 17:09]

Trust Email on 17:07 - Apr 2 with 1484 viewsUxbridge

Trust Email on 13:35 - Apr 2 by londonlisa2001

I didn't know anyone went. It's never been mentioned in any meetings or mails since I've been involved.

What a waste of time. Plus it sends out the wrong message.

It's not a new thing, and there have been occasional mails if anything gets picked up at the media briefings. Could have sworn I saw one recently.

Can't say I see much value in it, but not sure how it sends any message to be honest. Not that I have any objection to anyone not going.

Trust Email on 17:14 - Apr 2 with 1465 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Email on 16:47 - Apr 2 by dobjack2

Agreed.

However the post was in answer to your question about whether there was a cover up regarding the true ownership of the club.

Yes, but it was just to emphasise it's not important.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust Email on 17:16 - Apr 2 with 1457 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Email on 17:07 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

It's not a new thing, and there have been occasional mails if anything gets picked up at the media briefings. Could have sworn I saw one recently.

Can't say I see much value in it, but not sure how it sends any message to be honest. Not that I have any objection to anyone not going.

Jesus, these Board meetings are a wast of time.

None of you have the faintest clue what's going on, are you asleep in them or something?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Trust Email on 17:23 - Apr 2 with 1439 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Email on 17:07 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

It send two messages in my view, both of which are the wrong message.

One is that people are interested in being 'inside the loop' when that shouldn't be an issue.

Second, and more importantly in many ways, is that at a weekly event attended by media, the Trust are presenting a 'all's well in our relationship' front to that media.
Trust Email on 17:24 - Apr 2 with 1438 viewsUxbridge

Trust Email on 17:14 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

Importance very much depends on what control the silent investors have over the fund itself, or whether those silent investors are people we are happy the club is associated with.

Do the people the Trust have dialogue with have complete and total control over the fund? Quite possible, probable even. But the lack of clarity, and the lack of willingness to provide clarity, are certainly areas of concern, and always have been.

Trust Email on 17:29 - Apr 2 with 1420 viewsUxbridge

Trust Email on 17:23 - Apr 2 by londonlisa2001

It send two messages in my view, both of which are the wrong message.

One is that people are interested in being 'inside the loop' when that shouldn't be an issue.

Second, and more importantly in many ways, is that at a weekly event attended by media, the Trust are presenting a 'all's well in our relationship' front to that media.

Not sure I follow the first argument. If we're going down that path, it could be argued that getting as quickly a heads up on any information asap is desirable.

Anyway, as you know, I've advocated a policy of complete separation for some time now.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Email on 17:36 - Apr 2 with 1394 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Email on 17:29 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

Not sure I follow the first argument. If we're going down that path, it could be argued that getting as quickly a heads up on any information asap is desirable.

Anyway, as you know, I've advocated a policy of complete separation for some time now.

I'd rather hope that any important information would have been shared to the supporters Director before Carlos starts talking about it in the weekly media briefing to be honest.

But yes, you have.
Trust Email on 17:38 - Apr 2 with 1386 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Email on 17:16 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

None of you have the faintest clue what's going on, are you asleep in them or something?

It's pretty difficult to ask questions about something you've never heard of.
It's never been mentioned since I've been involved, (with a caveat that I couldn't attend the most recent meeting so it may have been mentioned then), so I've never asked why the hell does that happen?
Trust Email on 17:47 - Apr 2 with 1368 viewsUxbridge

Trust Email on 17:36 - Apr 2 by londonlisa2001

I'd rather hope that any important information would have been shared to the supporters Director before Carlos starts talking about it in the weekly media briefing to be honest.

But yes, you have.

Ha, yes, as would I. Things don't always work out that way though.

Trust Email on 17:50 - Apr 2 with 1357 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Email on 17:47 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

Ha, yes, as would I. Things don't always work out that way though.

Indeed.

Which is sort of the whole point of the angst being expressed...
Trust Email on 17:56 - Apr 2 with 1340 viewsswancity

Trust Email on 17:02 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

The irony of that statement.

Care to expand on that comment via a private message please?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Email on 18:12 - Apr 2 with 1316 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Email on 17:24 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

Importance very much depends on what control the silent investors have over the fund itself, or whether those silent investors are people we are happy the club is associated with.

Do the people the Trust have dialogue with have complete and total control over the fund? Quite possible, probable even. But the lack of clarity, and the lack of willingness to provide clarity, are certainly areas of concern, and always have been.

Hardly worth a mention.

Far more important things to be getting on with and the Trust should be concerned about those and not allow fans to get worked up over what's least important.

Trust Email on 18:13 - Apr 2 with 1313 viewsQJumpingJack

There shouldn't be any issue with the Trust publishing who attends the board room and the guests they take. This could be published monthly.
Trust Email on 18:38 - Apr 2 with 1287 viewsUxbridge

Trust Email on 18:12 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

Hardly worth a mention.

Far more important things to be getting on with and the Trust should be concerned about those and not allow fans to get worked up over what's least important.

I disagree with the first sentence.

Anyway, it's something that a number of members have asked, so it was addressed in the comms mail.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 18:39]

Trust Email on 19:16 - Apr 2 with 1237 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Email on 17:16 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

It’s a challenge not to at times.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Email on 20:25 - Apr 2 with 1189 viewsTheResurrection

Trust Email on 18:38 - Apr 2 by Uxbridge

I disagree with the first sentence.

Anyway, it's something that a number of members have asked, so it was addressed in the comms mail.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 18:39]

That's because you allow the members to fret about the little things whilst avoiding the bigger issues.

Trust Email on 20:49 - Apr 2 with 1154 viewsLoyal

Trust Email on 09:14 - Apr 2 by dobjack2

The owners are a Delaware LLC (Limited Liability Company) no information about the members of the LLC (the owners of the company presumably alongside Kaplan and Levein) is required to be listed in Delaware. These LLC can be used to keep the ownership of a company out of public records (ie private) As well as take advantage of other aspects of Delaware company law. It’s not a cover up after the event but would appear to be part of a conscious decision by the buyers to set up a company in Delaware to buy the shares.

I would suspect that all the Trust can do is ask Kaplan and Levein nicely who the owners of the company are. Even if they are allowed to reveal the names of the owners I suspect that they cannot be compelled to reveal them outside of court. I’m sure that there are posters who could clarify those points.

I assume it’s why Jenkins said he didn’t know who the shares had been sold to, a statement that worried the heck out of me at the time. In my view makes a mockery of the fit and proper ownership test.

So a 20 odd percent share holder ( the trust ) aren't allowed to know who really own the rest of the club ? Isnt that fcking shocking that Kaplain and Levien wont reveal who they are ? Just shows what a bunch of fcks we have on the club boad. Fck me why are they being allowed to get away with this bullshit.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 20:50]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust Email on 20:50 - Apr 2 with 1146 viewsdobjack2

Trust Email on 17:14 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

It would be if it consisted of the likes of Harley Quinn, Lex Luther and Loki.
Trust Email on 21:04 - Apr 2 with 1116 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust Email on 20:25 - Apr 2 by TheResurrection

That's because you allow the members to fret about the little things whilst avoiding the bigger issues.

Whilst I agree that it's not the most important issue, and I assure you that is not being ignored, I disagree with the lack of importance point as it goes directly to quality of relationship and trust (small 't'). It's symptomatic of a general level of disdain and lack of transparency.

In my opinion of course.
Trust Email on 21:24 - Apr 2 with 1084 viewsDewi1jack

Trust Email on 11:33 - Apr 2 by monmouth

Number 3 is a bit tough on Cath or Lisa if she’s in attendance mind.

I dunno.
Think Lisa is starting to get an ever tightening grip on the balls of the other board members anyway, so won't need to grow her own.
She'll have spares soon

Have to assume (know I shouldn't assume, but don't think I'm far wrong,) that stop the tail wagging the deathly slumbering mutt and a few others on the board, are just in it for the kudos.
Bet they're the first names down for a seat by Beaky, Jase and Stevie boy as well on match day.

They send 'comms emails' to each other, but still very little 'comms' to the members. I don't fuggin use faceslap/ tw@ter etc by the way. Guess I'm not the only one either.

About time our SD made a comment.
Don't think he has since his election.

I'll nominate/ second anyone who wants to stand and kick these self serving b'stards into touch.
Some of the Trust make Mike Dean look competent FFS

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust Email on 08:23 - Apr 3 with 970 viewsGowerjack

Trust Email on 20:13 - Apr 1 by exiledclaseboy

My view is that the Trust shouldn’t be in the directors’ box anymore. It’s not a view shared by many on the board although there are some that agree.

And there's the problem.

It's a fûcking gravy train they don't want to give up.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024