Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Members Facebook page 07:07 - Apr 12 with 13930 viewsmarchamjack

The Trust put up a thread on their Communications inviting comments. I posted 4/5 days ago saying the Members only facebook group wasnt a good thing/too insular/the Trust lacking in any social media prescence on twitter/ need to get the Trust message (whatever it is...) out there far better etc.
Expected some response, comments...nothing...on the Communications thread...I'd laugh at the irony if it wasn't serious.
If there's ever a re-vote, based on the fb group, sadly, I expect nothing other than the Members to vote to remain in with the Yanks.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Trust Members Facebook page on 20:48 - Apr 13 with 1775 viewsswanforthemoney

I'm a Trust member but cannot be bothered with looking at Facebook these days, it just seems like a morass of unstructured postings.
Am I missing out on anything by not looking at the new private group?

I stand in the North Stand

Trust Members Facebook page on 21:08 - Apr 13 with 1746 viewsDarran

The Box Office is on there.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Members Facebook page on 21:12 - Apr 13 with 1736 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Members Facebook page on 21:08 - Apr 13 by Darran

The Box Office is on there.

That’s why this place is getting a break.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Members Facebook page on 21:13 - Apr 13 with 1733 viewsDarran

Trust Members Facebook page on 21:12 - Apr 13 by exiledclaseboy

That’s why this place is getting a break.

Shhhhhhhh.

Trust Members Facebook page on 21:33 - Apr 13 with 1708 viewsSwanzay

What a self preservation concept, the Trust are a joke!

They are no longer fighting for the real issues (Powder puff), just their self preservation and kin ship with the board!

A total no entity!
Trust Members Facebook page on 22:54 - Apr 13 with 1669 viewsEilian

I think that you have misunderstood the nature of the post. It was asking for issues that concerned you. No one said that every point raised would be discussed on there. It was so that issues could be brought to the attention of the board. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to enter into debate with every single poster on every single issue.
There are well over 100 responses. I will be gathering the most common issues together and discussing them with the Trust board on Monday.
Trust Members Facebook page on 22:58 - Apr 13 with 1666 viewsJackfath

Trust Members Facebook page on 22:54 - Apr 13 by Eilian

I think that you have misunderstood the nature of the post. It was asking for issues that concerned you. No one said that every point raised would be discussed on there. It was so that issues could be brought to the attention of the board. There simply aren't enough hours in the day to enter into debate with every single poster on every single issue.
There are well over 100 responses. I will be gathering the most common issues together and discussing them with the Trust board on Monday.

What post?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Trust Members Facebook page on 22:58 - Apr 13 with 1666 viewsEilian

When I first joined it came to my attention that there were around 10,000 members of the public facebook group yet we only had about 1,000 Trust members. The public group was toxic. Full of personal abuse, petty threats and bad language. No Trust issues were really being discussed on there and it represented bad value for our members.

So I decided to create a members only group that would provide a more pleasant environment and an opportunity to really discuss trust issues. Because there was less nonsense going on there, then debates can be more focused. It is also far easier for me to monitor what is being said. I sure as hell don't have the time to get into endless debates on there but I can at least monitor what is being said. It takes long enough to read all the comments nevermind reply to them.

The creation of the members' group also gave us the opportunity to find out how many the public group were actually Trust members. It was a simple way to roughly gauge the numbers. There is loads of information and statistics that can be taken from the facebook group as we are all probably aware given recent events in the News. The Trust membership demographic is almost entirely over 40. The demographics of the Trust public facebook group is something like 90% under 40. There is a simple lesson to learned here. The trust isn't engaging and creating value for the younger generation. So if we are going to do it then Facebook is very definitely a powerful tool (but not the only tool) in achieving that.
Yes, the numbers are low at present. Please give me a break. It's just the beginning and the easiest way to start introducing other mediums of communication such as video content.

One of my first considerations was to create an online forum. The trouble is we already had one with 11,000 members. It is far easier to do it through facebook. There is a reason that Facebook is the most popular social media platform in the world by far with which coincidentally hosts the biggest Swansea city discussion group in the world. There may well be a forum created as part of the reshuffle of the website. If its simple and easy to set up and maintain then I will be pushing for it!

Let's not forget that I joined the trust board to specifically deal with Facebook. You can't exactly criticise me if there are lots of changes happening and that a lot more content is going out on it. Its what im here to do!

There is not a single thing that will be going to the facebook group that won't be going out to members via email and onto the website. It may take a bit of time to get it onto those platforms but I promise to try and get it done before my time is up in July.

The website is on the agenda for Monday's subgroup meeting. We are looking into it. It needs a good tidy up IMO - Hey, I may even ask you lot for your ideas on changes!!! (or I may just ask the facebook group ;) - Joking )

We are volunteers, so do all this work in our spare time. We only meet once a month. At the last meeting, I was there for 5 hours straight. I will be finishing work early on Monday so that I can be at the meeting for 4 pm. I wouldn't be surprised if it went on until 9 pm like the last one.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Members Facebook page on 22:59 - Apr 13 with 1665 viewsEilian

Trust Members Facebook page on 07:52 - Apr 13 by monmouth

It’s obviously important because when they get down to 12 members this time next year the silly c*nts can talk to themselves.

Sorry, what did you call me?
Trust Members Facebook page on 23:00 - Apr 13 with 1664 viewsEilian

Trust Members Facebook page on 10:10 - Apr 13 by max936

A private facebook group is for people with the same opinions as the Trusts senior officers, they don't want people on it that are likely to rock the boat, a closed shop if you like, its obvious.
The Untouchables.

You clearly haven't been on there.
Trust Members Facebook page on 23:01 - Apr 13 with 1663 viewslonglostjack

Complete joke. All members should have access to a forum on the Trust site. While we're at it get a bit commercial. Tie up with local businesses and get them to offer discounts for Trust members on goods and services.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Members Facebook page on 23:02 - Apr 13 with 1662 viewsEilian

Trust Members Facebook page on 13:42 - Apr 13 by Phil_S

Patients fath...patients

Get a life
Trust Members Facebook page on 23:02 - Apr 13 with 1662 viewsDarran

Trust Members Facebook page on 22:59 - Apr 13 by Eilian

Sorry, what did you call me?

Keep up the good work Rhys.

Trust Members Facebook page on 23:05 - Apr 13 with 1659 viewsJackfath

Trust Members Facebook page on 22:58 - Apr 13 by Eilian

When I first joined it came to my attention that there were around 10,000 members of the public facebook group yet we only had about 1,000 Trust members. The public group was toxic. Full of personal abuse, petty threats and bad language. No Trust issues were really being discussed on there and it represented bad value for our members.

So I decided to create a members only group that would provide a more pleasant environment and an opportunity to really discuss trust issues. Because there was less nonsense going on there, then debates can be more focused. It is also far easier for me to monitor what is being said. I sure as hell don't have the time to get into endless debates on there but I can at least monitor what is being said. It takes long enough to read all the comments nevermind reply to them.

The creation of the members' group also gave us the opportunity to find out how many the public group were actually Trust members. It was a simple way to roughly gauge the numbers. There is loads of information and statistics that can be taken from the facebook group as we are all probably aware given recent events in the News. The Trust membership demographic is almost entirely over 40. The demographics of the Trust public facebook group is something like 90% under 40. There is a simple lesson to learned here. The trust isn't engaging and creating value for the younger generation. So if we are going to do it then Facebook is very definitely a powerful tool (but not the only tool) in achieving that.
Yes, the numbers are low at present. Please give me a break. It's just the beginning and the easiest way to start introducing other mediums of communication such as video content.

One of my first considerations was to create an online forum. The trouble is we already had one with 11,000 members. It is far easier to do it through facebook. There is a reason that Facebook is the most popular social media platform in the world by far with which coincidentally hosts the biggest Swansea city discussion group in the world. There may well be a forum created as part of the reshuffle of the website. If its simple and easy to set up and maintain then I will be pushing for it!

Let's not forget that I joined the trust board to specifically deal with Facebook. You can't exactly criticise me if there are lots of changes happening and that a lot more content is going out on it. Its what im here to do!

There is not a single thing that will be going to the facebook group that won't be going out to members via email and onto the website. It may take a bit of time to get it onto those platforms but I promise to try and get it done before my time is up in July.

The website is on the agenda for Monday's subgroup meeting. We are looking into it. It needs a good tidy up IMO - Hey, I may even ask you lot for your ideas on changes!!! (or I may just ask the facebook group ;) - Joking )

We are volunteers, so do all this work in our spare time. We only meet once a month. At the last meeting, I was there for 5 hours straight. I will be finishing work early on Monday so that I can be at the meeting for 4 pm. I wouldn't be surprised if it went on until 9 pm like the last one.

Why were only some members emailed and invited to join the private Facebook group?
Are prospective members now going to be told that they need to also Jon Facebook if they want to get their voice heard?
Are the points raised by the 100 posts more valid than those raised elsewhere? Please bear in mind you’re talking about a tiny percentage of the fan base now.
What’s the purpose of video content? How does that benefit? Surely a paragraph or two would be quicker to get out to all members, let’s walk before we can run.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 23:08]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Trust Members Facebook page on 23:05 - Apr 13 with 1658 viewsEilian

Trust Members Facebook page on 23:01 - Apr 13 by longlostjack

Complete joke. All members should have access to a forum on the Trust site. While we're at it get a bit commercial. Tie up with local businesses and get them to offer discounts for Trust members on goods and services.

yes, id like to see that happen! It was in one of my proposals when I applied to join the board. Want to help me make it happen?
Trust Members Facebook page on 23:22 - Apr 13 with 1636 viewsEilian

Trust Members Facebook page on 23:05 - Apr 13 by Jackfath

Why were only some members emailed and invited to join the private Facebook group?
Are prospective members now going to be told that they need to also Jon Facebook if they want to get their voice heard?
Are the points raised by the 100 posts more valid than those raised elsewhere? Please bear in mind you’re talking about a tiny percentage of the fan base now.
What’s the purpose of video content? How does that benefit? Surely a paragraph or two would be quicker to get out to all members, let’s walk before we can run.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 23:08]

''Why were only some members emailed and invited to join the private Facebook group? ''
I had to manually input every email address for every member into the facebook group to send them a direct invitation. I sent an invitation to every member on the spreadsheet that I had. It may have gone to their spam folder or they may not be using that email anymore. I cant say anymore than that.

''Are prospective members now going to be told that they need to also Jon Facebook if they want to get their voice heard?''
There are a few ways to contact either the board or individual board members. You know this. email, post, visit us at the POD, Landore, the riverside lounge or find us on Facebook.
''Are the points raised by the 100 posts more valid than those raised elsewhere? Please bear in mind you’re talking about a tiny percentage of the fan base now'' are you trying to waste my time? Camon. be serious.
''What’s the purpose of video content?'' it gets far greater engagement on social media. Not everyone likes a long boring monotonous email. In fact, the Trust is alienating a lot of potential members by not releasing video content. It's 2018. Won't be long before we are releasing video content in virtual reality. - get used to it! Do you realize more people watch TV than read newspapers? Do you realize that fewer and fewer people are watching TV? In ten years time, you will be better off being a big hit on youtube than being a tv personality. Jackfath, you need to get with the times my friend. The world HAS changed. It is going to continue to change.
Trust Members Facebook page on 23:48 - Apr 13 with 1608 viewslonglostjack

Trust Members Facebook page on 23:05 - Apr 13 by Eilian

yes, id like to see that happen! It was in one of my proposals when I applied to join the board. Want to help me make it happen?

I'm not exactly local, living over 700 miles way but yes I'm prepared to help you make it happen. Just don't excpect me to attend a meeting in Landore Social Club on a Tuesday evening.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Members Facebook page on 06:40 - Apr 14 with 1552 viewsJackfath

Trust Members Facebook page on 23:22 - Apr 13 by Eilian

''Why were only some members emailed and invited to join the private Facebook group? ''
I had to manually input every email address for every member into the facebook group to send them a direct invitation. I sent an invitation to every member on the spreadsheet that I had. It may have gone to their spam folder or they may not be using that email anymore. I cant say anymore than that.

''Are prospective members now going to be told that they need to also Jon Facebook if they want to get their voice heard?''
There are a few ways to contact either the board or individual board members. You know this. email, post, visit us at the POD, Landore, the riverside lounge or find us on Facebook.
''Are the points raised by the 100 posts more valid than those raised elsewhere? Please bear in mind you’re talking about a tiny percentage of the fan base now'' are you trying to waste my time? Camon. be serious.
''What’s the purpose of video content?'' it gets far greater engagement on social media. Not everyone likes a long boring monotonous email. In fact, the Trust is alienating a lot of potential members by not releasing video content. It's 2018. Won't be long before we are releasing video content in virtual reality. - get used to it! Do you realize more people watch TV than read newspapers? Do you realize that fewer and fewer people are watching TV? In ten years time, you will be better off being a big hit on youtube than being a tv personality. Jackfath, you need to get with the times my friend. The world HAS changed. It is going to continue to change.

Why didn't you use the email contacts from the trust website? They seem to get to the required recipient. No need to use any other method. You made work for yourself there.

There is absolutely no mention of the Facebook group on the "contact us" section on the Trust website. If you are now using this to communicate to the members then surely you need to inform ALL of this? You are narrowing the amount of people you are communicating to, not increasing it, which surely is the point here?

Are you trying to waste my time? Camon. be serious.

No I am not trying to waste your time, I am trying to show you how this is not a good idea. However you seem to be hell bent on continuing with it.

it gets far greater engagement on social media. Not everyone likes a long boring monotonous email. In fact, the Trust is alienating a lot of potential members by not releasing video content. It's 2018. Won't be long before we are releasing video content in virtual reality. - get used to it! Do you realize more people watch TV than read newspapers? Do you realize that fewer and fewer people are watching TV? In ten years time, you will be better off being a big hit on youtube than being a tv personality. Jackfath, you need to get with the times my friend. The world HAS changed. It is going to continue to change.

Thanks for the rather patronising response. You talk about alienating potential members. How are they supposed to see your video if it is in a private group?

Trust Members Facebook page on 06:53 - Apr 14 with 1544 viewsJackfath

"There is not a single thing that will be going to the facebook group that won't be going out to members via email and onto the website. It may take a bit of time to get it onto those platforms but I promise to try and get it done before my time is up in July."

By posting a video on a private group and not on the official Trust site, on Twitter, or via the email list from the Trust website, you have already alienated a large proportion of the Fanbase. I fail to see how this couldn't have been done at the same time as you putting the video on your private Facebook group? I appreciate there is a time issue, but how many people are on your communication sub group?

Trust Members Facebook page on 06:54 - Apr 14 with 1541 viewsPhil_S

Trust Members Facebook page on 23:02 - Apr 13 by Eilian

Get a life

Learn to take a joke.

And then wind your neck in. Sorry Rhys but I know better than anyone the pressures of doing stuff but if you cant take a joke then I'm sorry, starting to throw comments around is not the way.

I have a life thanks and it's one where people throw some good natured humour around and it gets laughed at. I don't alienate my potential "customers" by refusing to see that.

I have stood in front of a few hundred members for 2/3 hours solid and answered questions, many of which questioned by ability but never did I bite back in that way nor should I have done so. Have admitted many times mistakes were made (and they were) but its the nature of any job and that is the way it is.

I made a simple joke and that was your reaction, it's not good.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Trust Members Facebook page on 06:58 - Apr 14 with 1534 viewsBobby_Fischer

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Trust Members Facebook page on 07:03 - Apr 14 with 1528 viewsPhil_S

Trust Members Facebook page on 06:40 - Apr 14 by Jackfath

Why didn't you use the email contacts from the trust website? They seem to get to the required recipient. No need to use any other method. You made work for yourself there.

There is absolutely no mention of the Facebook group on the "contact us" section on the Trust website. If you are now using this to communicate to the members then surely you need to inform ALL of this? You are narrowing the amount of people you are communicating to, not increasing it, which surely is the point here?

Are you trying to waste my time? Camon. be serious.

No I am not trying to waste your time, I am trying to show you how this is not a good idea. However you seem to be hell bent on continuing with it.

it gets far greater engagement on social media. Not everyone likes a long boring monotonous email. In fact, the Trust is alienating a lot of potential members by not releasing video content. It's 2018. Won't be long before we are releasing video content in virtual reality. - get used to it! Do you realize more people watch TV than read newspapers? Do you realize that fewer and fewer people are watching TV? In ten years time, you will be better off being a big hit on youtube than being a tv personality. Jackfath, you need to get with the times my friend. The world HAS changed. It is going to continue to change.

Thanks for the rather patronising response. You talk about alienating potential members. How are they supposed to see your video if it is in a private group?

I have to say that the most logical thing Fath said was the email invites. Send it via the Trust mailing list with a link to join. Those that have Facebook and want to join click the link, those that don't, well they don't.

its good to read that it is just part of a wider communications plan and me and my new found life are keen to see how this progresses.

The one thing I would say is decide what you want the group to be. If it is about communicating with the Trust then the relevance of whether someone thinks we should have got three points at West Brom is not right and will mean its hard to use it for the purpose you wanted (as these posts will just escalate as more members join. Someone will have told you thats what happened with the first Facebook group)

Its great to see someone getting involved but listen to the views of the potential members as much as the current members. If anything listen more as they will be telling you why they dont join, your captive audience are already there. That is good advice in whatever business you are in
Trust Members Facebook page on 07:04 - Apr 14 with 1522 viewsPhil_S

Trust Members Facebook page on 23:05 - Apr 13 by Eilian

Speak to Viv Williams - he had discounts arranged with many local businesses. As did Gareth James before him.
Trust Members Facebook page on 07:05 - Apr 14 with 1521 viewsMoscowJack

To be fair to Rhys, the Trust open FB page is a total mess, or at least it was before I opted out of it about 12-18 months ago.

There was little Trust related discussion, some awful language (certainly not suitable for certain kids or even adults) and some real tw@ts using it as their place to pretend to look hard! It was chav-central at times and any attempts at bringing things under control, via censorship, just opened up another can of worms ("freedum of speach", they would say).

Now, I'm not saying that members are good people and non-members aren't, but a more official version of the Trust page wasn't and isn't a bad idea, even if it just becomes a 'cleaner' page that more women/kids can visit.

I'm also open to video streaming or anything else that helps the communication from the Trust. We can't complain about pathetic communication and then overly-complain when there is something coming out, albeit in a slightly different format to we're used to.

What I would like to see is some of the key things being addressed, as well as the basic stuff.

- Would it be a good idea to have a Q&A with Stu Mac streamed? Questions can be sent in in advance and Stu can even have times to prepare his answers.

- Maybe instead of 200 boring words about how much time the Board have to offer, the 'pen pics' (that so many struggle with) could be replaced with a more modern video option, possibly with some pre-set questions.

I can see that Rhys is trying and that's what we've asked for. I'm too old to really appreciate some of the newer formats of communicating but the Trust (as a Board) need to really grasp that the very simple basics need to be done before they move on to trendier, funker and more modern forms of communicating too.

The disgusting, incredible and pathetic lack of updates from the Trust regarding Stu Mac's activities within the daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly running of the club shows how little they value sharing this with us, so maybe it's not just a case of what they communicate but whether some people want to communicate with us at all. It often feels like anything the Board communicate with us is done through gritted teeth, which is so wrong for obvious reasons.

I think it all comes down to getting rid of roughly half the Board and replacing them with fresher people with a more positive approach to the way things need to be done in the future.

The fact that 15 people applied for a position that wasn't advertised several months ago shows that there's appetite out there, but there's no way that the Trust Board are going to make it easy for anyone to see what positions are available on the Board, let alone apply.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust Members Facebook page on 07:11 - Apr 14 with 1510 viewsJackfath

Trust Members Facebook page on 07:05 - Apr 14 by MoscowJack

To be fair to Rhys, the Trust open FB page is a total mess, or at least it was before I opted out of it about 12-18 months ago.

There was little Trust related discussion, some awful language (certainly not suitable for certain kids or even adults) and some real tw@ts using it as their place to pretend to look hard! It was chav-central at times and any attempts at bringing things under control, via censorship, just opened up another can of worms ("freedum of speach", they would say).

Now, I'm not saying that members are good people and non-members aren't, but a more official version of the Trust page wasn't and isn't a bad idea, even if it just becomes a 'cleaner' page that more women/kids can visit.

I'm also open to video streaming or anything else that helps the communication from the Trust. We can't complain about pathetic communication and then overly-complain when there is something coming out, albeit in a slightly different format to we're used to.

What I would like to see is some of the key things being addressed, as well as the basic stuff.

- Would it be a good idea to have a Q&A with Stu Mac streamed? Questions can be sent in in advance and Stu can even have times to prepare his answers.

- Maybe instead of 200 boring words about how much time the Board have to offer, the 'pen pics' (that so many struggle with) could be replaced with a more modern video option, possibly with some pre-set questions.

I can see that Rhys is trying and that's what we've asked for. I'm too old to really appreciate some of the newer formats of communicating but the Trust (as a Board) need to really grasp that the very simple basics need to be done before they move on to trendier, funker and more modern forms of communicating too.

The disgusting, incredible and pathetic lack of updates from the Trust regarding Stu Mac's activities within the daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly running of the club shows how little they value sharing this with us, so maybe it's not just a case of what they communicate but whether some people want to communicate with us at all. It often feels like anything the Board communicate with us is done through gritted teeth, which is so wrong for obvious reasons.

I think it all comes down to getting rid of roughly half the Board and replacing them with fresher people with a more positive approach to the way things need to be done in the future.

The fact that 15 people applied for a position that wasn't advertised several months ago shows that there's appetite out there, but there's no way that the Trust Board are going to make it easy for anyone to see what positions are available on the Board, let alone apply.

I agree with your statements.

Perhaps the better course of action would have been to shut down the facebook group altogether? Instead, devote Rhys' undoubted energies into developing the Trust website. An open and a "private" discussion board could be utilised with content as you have suggested coming from SM.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024