Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea to appoint Technical Director 07:35 - May 22 with 12133 viewsHeadmaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44205422
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 10:44 - May 22 with 2252 viewsSmellyplumz

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 10:41 - May 22 by Whiterockin

How to milk a club legally.

We could put a stop to it quite easily and quickly by simply boycotting the club on mass for a few weeks.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 11:00 - May 22 with 2201 viewsBadlands

In the closed season?

Not sure what a TD does - it sounds like someone who oversees the implementation of style.
But, as reported it could a fixer as in Tutumlu.
Our recruitment did go down hill from the time he was kicked out.
Was that because he was previously responsible for sourcing players or because he put the word out on us?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 11:29 - May 22 with 2130 viewsTom1912

People complain about Jenkin’s making the transfers and then complain when we look to appoint a Technical Director to oversee the transfers and take the responsibility off the chairman.

The model should be a chairman to run the club and a Director of Football to oversee the football side of things. Someone who understands the game, understands recruitment and has contacts to make things happen. Ideally I’d like to see Jenkins leave after what has happened, but I won’t be too upset if he stays on as chairman (assuming he gets a pay decrease to go with relegation of course) and we get a DoF in to take charge of transfers.

Getting the right DoF in will be just as important as getting the right manager in.
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 11:33 - May 22 with 2121 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 11:29 - May 22 by Tom1912

People complain about Jenkin’s making the transfers and then complain when we look to appoint a Technical Director to oversee the transfers and take the responsibility off the chairman.

The model should be a chairman to run the club and a Director of Football to oversee the football side of things. Someone who understands the game, understands recruitment and has contacts to make things happen. Ideally I’d like to see Jenkins leave after what has happened, but I won’t be too upset if he stays on as chairman (assuming he gets a pay decrease to go with relegation of course) and we get a DoF in to take charge of transfers.

Getting the right DoF in will be just as important as getting the right manager in.

Good post.

The DOF and the manager should be of like mind in terms of style and hence recruitment of players to play that style. The chairman tells them what their budget is.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:00 - May 22 with 2084 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 11:29 - May 22 by Tom1912

Agree, but the key phrase is.

(assuming he gets a pay decrease to go with relegation of course)

Why pay him the same for less work, its like he has been rewarded for failure.
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:05 - May 22 with 2064 viewsTom1912

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:00 - May 22 by Whiterockin

Agree, but the key phrase is.

(assuming he gets a pay decrease to go with relegation of course)

Why pay him the same for less work, its like he has been rewarded for failure.

Totally agree-he should get two cuts in reality, one for relegation and one for less responsibility.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 12:05]
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:12 - May 22 with 2040 viewslonglostjack

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:05 - May 22 by Tom1912

Totally agree-he should get two cuts in reality, one for relegation and one for less responsibility.
[Post edited 22 May 2018 12:05]

I presume that cuts to Pearlman's salary will more than cover the cost of a Technical Director of football.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:23 - May 22 with 2002 viewssdh1412

Anyone else feel that the Yanks are creating a post for their beloved Donovan !!!

If Jenkins and Donovan are both in post at the start of next season and a couple of results go against us the place is going to be toxic again. We can't afford for that to happen. The Yanks need to start afresh with a new manager, DOF and Chairman. We need a clean sweep and a fresh start pronto.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:28 - May 22 with 1984 viewsWingstandwood

Be wary of this folks! Been here before? Remember the sleight of hand distraction to subdue supporter anger when Mr Moneyball statistical expert Dan Altman was brought in? What happened? Yep! Things went from bad to even worse!

Would not surprise me if its another stunt to bullsh#t the naive, and it would not surprise me if its another Yank on a couple of grand a year. Sorry folks, but since Laudrups departure I've seen too much intelligence insulting b@llocks and farce from the club.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/swansea-analytics-and-dan-altmans-stars-of-

Argus!

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:32 - May 22 with 1967 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 11:33 - May 22 by Joe_bradshaw

Good post.

The DOF and the manager should be of like mind in terms of style and hence recruitment of players to play that style. The chairman tells them what their budget is.

No it isn't.
DOF is a Jenkins self appointed role to oversee a Head Coach.
We don't need one. Just a manager and a recruitment team of scouts.
A Chairman can oversee budgets.
We are over complicating to justify jobs for the boys.
Appoint a manager, stick with hI'm and support him.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:34 - May 22 with 1956 viewsQJumpingJack

It seems our owners are not learning from their mistakes.

Landon Donovan to work alongside Huw J is a possible outcome.
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:39 - May 22 with 1944 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:34 - May 22 by QJumpingJack

It seems our owners are not learning from their mistakes.

Landon Donovan to work alongside Huw J is a possible outcome.

And what decent manager would work alongside these two.
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:40 - May 22 with 1940 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:39 - May 22 by Whiterockin

And what decent manager would work alongside these two.

Brad Bobbly...
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:42 - May 22 with 1925 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:40 - May 22 by WarwickHunt

Brad Bobbly...

Exactly
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:44 - May 22 with 1915 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:42 - May 22 by Whiterockin

Exactly

All he needed was a transfer window...
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:49 - May 22 with 1893 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:44 - May 22 by WarwickHunt

All he needed was a transfer window...

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:52 - May 22 with 1880 viewsbangorjack

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:32 - May 22 by Private_Partz

No it isn't.
DOF is a Jenkins self appointed role to oversee a Head Coach.
We don't need one. Just a manager and a recruitment team of scouts.
A Chairman can oversee budgets.
We are over complicating to justify jobs for the boys.
Appoint a manager, stick with hI'm and support him.

When we were on the up we had the philosophy of buying players that suit our style of play, rather than players specifically chosen by the manager. This should mean that with a change of manager there is not a big upheaval on the team. If we want a return to ‘The Swansea Way’ then I see no reason why we can’t continue to follow this structure. This does, however, rely on the DOF/TD being a football man, not a roofer. It also needs the ‘head coach’ to also suit the targeted style of play.
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 13:41 - May 22 with 1788 viewsLoyal

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 10:44 - May 22 by Smellyplumz

We could put a stop to it quite easily and quickly by simply boycotting the club on mass for a few weeks.

I think you will find now isnt the right time.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 13:52 - May 22 with 1751 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:52 - May 22 by bangorjack

When we were on the up we had the philosophy of buying players that suit our style of play, rather than players specifically chosen by the manager. This should mean that with a change of manager there is not a big upheaval on the team. If we want a return to ‘The Swansea Way’ then I see no reason why we can’t continue to follow this structure. This does, however, rely on the DOF/TD being a football man, not a roofer. It also needs the ‘head coach’ to also suit the targeted style of play.

The most successful managers in that period had a strong input into recruitment. Think Rodgers with Sinclair or Laudrups Spanish contingent.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 13:58 - May 22 with 1736 viewsTenbySwan

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 12:40 - May 22 by WarwickHunt

Brad Bobbly...

If it wasn't so serious that is really funny 😂
[Post edited 22 May 2018 14:00]
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 14:01 - May 22 with 1729 viewsbangorjack

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 13:52 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

The most successful managers in that period had a strong input into recruitment. Think Rodgers with Sinclair or Laudrups Spanish contingent.

Fair point.
However, I can’t see us relinquishing total control of recruitment to the incoming manager, and I stand by my point that a DOF type system can work if done correctly.
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 14:46 - May 22 with 1650 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 10:44 - May 22 by Smellyplumz

Good plan. I'm not going to any more games for the next 9 weeks. That'll learn em.
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 14:51 - May 22 with 1634 viewsdobjack2

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 10:31 - May 22 by 34dfgdf54

Has there been redundancies at all at the club since relegation? If so, it's absolutely disgraceful.

We have Jenkins earning £500k at the top of the tree, Pearlman getting god knows how much, and all he's really done is open a club shop in the city centre, and now we are taking on a "technical director".

Shambles. Jenkins f*ck off like you said you would if we got relegated.

If anyone should have a relegation clause in his contract....
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 14:53 - May 22 with 1629 viewswobbly

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 14:46 - May 22 by LeonWasGod

Good plan. I'm not going to any more games for the next 9 weeks. That'll learn em.

I have a season ticket so no point staying away. But I won’t buy a pint or a pie or anything from the concourse for the next 9 weeks either.

Who else is with us?
Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 14:53 - May 22 with 1628 viewsmax936

Swansea to appoint Technical Director on 14:01 - May 22 by bangorjack

Fair point.
However, I can’t see us relinquishing total control of recruitment to the incoming manager, and I stand by my point that a DOF type system can work if done correctly.

There's not a chance in hell that Jenkins will let transfers or other footballing matters loose from his grip, he knows best has we've seen.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024