Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graham Potter 15:18 - May 22 with 116732 viewsHuw57

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Graham Potter on 10:31 - May 23 with 4268 viewsHeadmaster

I really think we should have appointed a technical director first, then the manager. The technical director should be making the footballing decisions, including the choice of manager, not Huw and company.
Graham Potter on 10:47 - May 23 with 4199 viewsThornburyswan

Graham Potter on 10:31 - May 23 by Headmaster

I really think we should have appointed a technical director first, then the manager. The technical director should be making the footballing decisions, including the choice of manager, not Huw and company.

Can you imagine the stress on here if we'd taken a couple of weeks bringing DOF in & then he'd wanted some time to assess our options to identify/negotiate a new gaffer - we'd be in pre-season before we had a new manager.
Graham Potter on 10:53 - May 23 with 4180 viewsHeadmaster

Graham Potter on 10:47 - May 23 by Thornburyswan

Can you imagine the stress on here if we'd taken a couple of weeks bringing DOF in & then he'd wanted some time to assess our options to identify/negotiate a new gaffer - we'd be in pre-season before we had a new manager.

Which is why we should have appointed one months ago. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that, had we stayed up, we wouldn't even be talking about a technical director right now, and it would have been business as usual.
Graham Potter on 11:04 - May 23 with 4119 viewsmagicdaps10

Graham Potter on 10:31 - May 23 by Headmaster

It is just the usual arse backwards malarky i expect from the club. Every summer the club comes out with words of wisdom and every summer it doesnt happen.

It is not right but i just come to expect it now.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Graham Potter on 11:13 - May 23 with 4050 viewsLandore_Jack

Graham Potter has reportedly agreed to take over at Swansea City and will be unveiled by the end of the week following an impressive interview with the club's hierarchy.

Swedish outlet Expressen claim Potter has 'verbally agreed' to be Carlos Carvalhal's successor, although it is understood that no contract has yet been signed.

The Englishman is also expected to take his backroom team of assistant Billy Reid and scout Kyle Macaulay with him to South Wales, although Swansea are also reportedly still yet to agree a compensation package.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/potter-agrees-swansea-city-job-1469

#backtojack

Graham Potter on 11:20 - May 23 with 3995 views34dfgdf54

Graham Potter on 11:13 - May 23 by Landore_Jack

Graham Potter has reportedly agreed to take over at Swansea City and will be unveiled by the end of the week following an impressive interview with the club's hierarchy.

Swedish outlet Expressen claim Potter has 'verbally agreed' to be Carlos Carvalhal's successor, although it is understood that no contract has yet been signed.

The Englishman is also expected to take his backroom team of assistant Billy Reid and scout Kyle Macaulay with him to South Wales, although Swansea are also reportedly still yet to agree a compensation package.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/potter-agrees-swansea-city-job-1469

Bringing a scout over with him is promising.
Graham Potter on 11:23 - May 23 with 3981 viewsswancity

Graham Potter on 11:20 - May 23 by 34dfgdf54

Bringing a scout over with him is promising.

Oh yes certainties to win the league now. I didn't like scouts, liked Cubs though.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Graham Potter on 11:25 - May 23 with 3959 views34dfgdf54

Graham Potter on 11:23 - May 23 by swancity

Oh yes certainties to win the league now. I didn't like scouts, liked Cubs though.

Because he may be getting a chance to bring his own players in.

If you've got nothing decent to say, leave it out, you come across as a bit of a bellend.
Login to get fewer ads

Graham Potter on 11:29 - May 23 with 3937 views34dfgdf54

Henrik Larsson speaks quite highly of him:

One of those victims was Henrik Larsson, whose Helsingborg side lost 2-0 here in Ostersund’s first season in the top flight. “The way he is able to change his pattern of play during games is so impressive,” Larsson tells the Independent. “I remember scouting them when I was at Helsingborg. They played all different kinds of systems, starting off a match one way, and then halfway through they started playing a different system, and then they ended up with a third system. And all the players knew exactly what they were doing.”
Potter’s training sessions are almost entirely with the ball, and are focused on each player finding a solution to the specific problems he will face on the weekend. He has a distinctive approach to man management, honed during his masters degree on leadership and emotional intelligence, centred around a culture in which it is OK for players and staff to make mistakes, as long as they learn from them.
Graham Potter on 11:34 - May 23 with 3904 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Graham Potter on 11:23 - May 23 by swancity

I preferred Guides.

Each to their own...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Graham Potter on 11:35 - May 23 with 3894 viewsswancity

Graham Potter on 11:25 - May 23 by 34dfgdf54

Because he may be getting a chance to bring his own players in.

If you've got nothing decent to say, leave it out, you come across as a bit of a bellend.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Graham Potter on 11:42 - May 23 with 3856 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Graham Potter on 10:53 - May 23 by Headmaster

Which is why we should have appointed one months ago. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that, had we stayed up, we wouldn't even be talking about a technical director right now, and it would have been business as usual.

And that was never going to happen with Jenkins in post. At some point, the Americans are going to have to grow a pair of balls & cut that parasite loose.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Graham Potter on 11:43 - May 23 with 3843 viewsmoonie

Our hierarchy .

I couldn't read anymore .
Is he coming or what.

Has he been interviewed and the contents published or it is just another case of gossip.

If he has agreed,then I wish him well and hope he takes no shite . It's a big job for him ; even bigger for the club .

He needs to somehow quickly assess the squad and get the dross out . Then look at Borja and Mesa and see if he can make something of them . If not ,get rid.

Finally have Bony analysed in detail as he might be either the missing link or simply a busted cog
Graham Potter on 12:03 - May 23 with 3731 viewsSwanjaxs

Being reported Potter has verbally agreed to take the job with an announcement on Friday
https://www.90min.com/posts/6068276-graham-potter-verbally-agrees-swansea-manage
[Post edited 23 May 2018 12:05]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Graham Potter on 12:18 - May 23 with 3633 viewsmoonie

He also verballed there was nothing in this but rumour

If he does come it's the biggest job anyone at the club has had.imo.

We re a shambles who unforgivably capitulated and gave up our PL status after years of hard work.

He ll need support and be able to take care of transfers .

It could be an inspirational appointment though
Graham Potter on 12:30 - May 23 with 3559 viewsWarwickHunt

Graham Potter on 12:18 - May 23 by moonie

We re a shambles who unforgivably capitulated and gave up our PL status after years of hard work.

"it is OK for players and staff to make mistakes, as long as they learn from them."

He'll be fûcked here then...
Graham Potter on 12:31 - May 23 with 3555 viewsSwanjaxs

Graham Potter on 12:18 - May 23 by moonie

Yes still speculation, but looking increasingly like our best bet, is he (or whoever takes the gig on) going to be backed by the board? Doubtful
[Post edited 23 May 2018 12:33]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Graham Potter on 12:44 - May 23 with 3494 viewsmoonie

Depends on what one defines as " backing" .

I m all for Trust,as it seems the buzz word right now, trust a manager to bring in his OWN choices and work with them and theta will lead to a system ,which is preferable to the hiatus to which we have become accustomed .

Jenkins is clearly going nowhere and the board are going to front it up. All the Internet forum shite ain't gonna change owt . We re stuck with the kunt. It's the fan s fault too.

Therefore, good Luck Graham a good solid English name

I'm hoping our language fascists won't mind an Englishman leading us out of this massive hole
Graham Potter on 12:46 - May 23 with 3484 viewsjasper_T

Graham Potter on 11:43 - May 23 by moonie

Our hierarchy .

I couldn't read anymore .
Is he coming or what.

Has he been interviewed and the contents published or it is just another case of gossip.

If he has agreed,then I wish him well and hope he takes no shite . It's a big job for him ; even bigger for the club .

He needs to somehow quickly assess the squad and get the dross out . Then look at Borja and Mesa and see if he can make something of them . If not ,get rid.

Finally have Bony analysed in detail as he might be either the missing link or simply a busted cog

Mesa is gone, there's nothing to look at.
Graham Potter on 12:54 - May 23 with 3423 viewsLeonWasGod

Graham Potter on 11:29 - May 23 by 34dfgdf54

Henrik Larsson speaks quite highly of him:

One of those victims was Henrik Larsson, whose Helsingborg side lost 2-0 here in Ostersund’s first season in the top flight. “The way he is able to change his pattern of play during games is so impressive,” Larsson tells the Independent. “I remember scouting them when I was at Helsingborg. They played all different kinds of systems, starting off a match one way, and then halfway through they started playing a different system, and then they ended up with a third system. And all the players knew exactly what they were doing.”
Potter’s training sessions are almost entirely with the ball, and are focused on each player finding a solution to the specific problems he will face on the weekend. He has a distinctive approach to man management, honed during his masters degree on leadership and emotional intelligence, centred around a culture in which it is OK for players and staff to make mistakes, as long as they learn from them.

That sounds good. I don't know why, but I'm struggling to drum up any enthusiasm for him. Most unlike me as I try not to make any judgements until we've seen where new player or manager is taking us. At the moment I feel all a bit 'meh' about him and the club. Maybe it's a relegation hangover.
Graham Potter on 13:20 - May 23 with 3302 viewsmoonie

Has Mesa been signed up? I'm assuming ,if so, we sold at a loss. Bad Business
Graham Potter on 13:24 - May 23 with 3287 viewsjasper_T

Graham Potter on 13:20 - May 23 by moonie

Has Mesa been signed up? I'm assuming ,if so, we sold at a loss. Bad Business

That's what happens when you buy players without knowing if your manager is going to want to play them.
Graham Potter on 13:29 - May 23 with 3256 viewsmoonie

Indeed Jasper
Graham Potter on 13:46 - May 23 with 3162 viewsBDS

Graham Potter on 16:17 - May 22 by herbie

Go on then who would you appoint?

Any manager we appoint is a gamble, but I’d rather see someone who has a history of success as a manger than someone like Coleman. Also someone who has actually already managed than someone stepping up from assistant like Clement.
Graham Potter on 14:01 - May 23 with 3084 viewsjasper_T

Graham Potter on 13:46 - May 23 by BDS

Any manager we appoint is a gamble, but I’d rather see someone who has a history of success as a manger than someone like Coleman. Also someone who has actually already managed than someone stepping up from assistant like Clement.

Clement had managed before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024