Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club 11:09 - May 28 with 13321 viewsQJumpingJack

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/05/28/where-do-we-go-from-here-managing-the-cl

which includes:

Who is the right man to lead this review and make the necessary decisions? A few years ago that would have been an easy question to answer. If we look at this dispassionately, Huw Jenkins’ record for a long time was as good as anyone in the game. Sadly his track record in recent years is pretty much the polar opposite. Due to the continued failings in recruitment, both player and managerial, the Supporters Trust has called for the removal of Huw Jenkins as Chairman and as such we do not believe he is the right man to lead that exercise.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 11:57 - May 28 with 4920 viewsjacksfullaces

pretty much agree with all of this.

if the owners/jenkins are in a position to ignore this request then we know exactly where the fans run club has sunk to.

if jenkins and cronies stick their fingers in their ears they deserve to be castigated ( I will refrain from a stronger word, although one springs to mind ;)) as it shows how far they have removed themselves from the tripe they dished out in jack to a king.

listen to the fans, transparent, honest and open review, accountability by those who failed, and move forward together.

am not holding my breath. and shouting at the trust for letting themselves be so marginalized won't help either.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club (n/t) on 12:04 - May 28 with 4901 viewsPozuelosSideys

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:06 - May 28 with 4896 viewsPozuelosSideys

Im curious. This may be a stupid question, but imagine the scenario where the Americans sold up and the Trust were able to own a controlling share of teh club - ie the Trust effectively run the club. Would the current members of the Trust board be the ones having operational control of the running of the club? Or would there be some alternative mechanism?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:08 - May 28 with 4891 viewsWhiterockin

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:06 - May 28 by PozuelosSideys

Im curious. This may be a stupid question, but imagine the scenario where the Americans sold up and the Trust were able to own a controlling share of teh club - ie the Trust effectively run the club. Would the current members of the Trust board be the ones having operational control of the running of the club? Or would there be some alternative mechanism?

"Or would there be some alternative mechanism?"

Hopefully this, because IMO the current trust board are not fit for purpose.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:31 - May 28 with 4847 viewsShaky

Nice recap of recent Swansea City history.

The only thing missing really is any indication of Where Do We Go From Here.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:35 - May 28 with 4828 viewsPozuelosSideys

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:08 - May 28 by Whiterockin

"Or would there be some alternative mechanism?"

Hopefully this, because IMO the current trust board are not fit for purpose.

Well this is my thinking. The Trust are meant to be there as some sort of check and balance if anything were to go wrong and for the fanbase to have a say etc.

However, if the opportunity like this were to arise, whats the plan? Is there some sort of succession? Do these people run the club etc? Imagine that the trust were able to purchase a controlling share, then at 9am the ex teacers and civil servants are stood about looking at each other wondering what they need to do.

The Trust body really need to look at having capable Board who have the necessary skills and experience to at least be able to keep the club above the waterline. Not easy, tbh, i wouldnt have a clue as would most people id imagine
[Post edited 28 May 2018 12:36]

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:55 - May 28 with 4775 viewsjacksfullaces

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:31 - May 28 by Shaky

root and branch review I think is what they are calling for, but is anyone listening to them?

or are they not saying it loud/forcibly enough?

or would it even matter if they did?
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:02 - May 28 with 4749 viewsShaky

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:55 - May 28 by jacksfullaces

root and branch review I think is what they are calling for, but is anyone listening to them?

or are they not saying it loud/forcibly enough?

or would it even matter if they did?

As I read it the short version says we'd like a review but not to be carried out by Jenkins.

It's not much to go on really, is it?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:07 - May 28 with 4729 viewsJinxy

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:31 - May 28 by Shaky

My thoughts exactly. I kept waiting for a series of proposals which never transpired. It's little no more than a lament of recent history and our current position. There should now be deadlines set for their demands that HJ steps down, then an insistence to work with the owners to agree a transparent (as far as possible) improvement plan, with responsibilities, dates etc. etc.. Otherwise round and round we will go.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:09 - May 28 with 4712 viewsBadlands

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 12:06 - May 28 by PozuelosSideys

Doesn't bear thinking about - IMO.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:15 - May 28 with 4701 viewsmonmouth

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:07 - May 28 by Jinxy

My thoughts exactly. I kept waiting for a series of proposals which never transpired. It's little no more than a lament of recent history and our current position. There should now be deadlines set for their demands that HJ steps down, then an insistence to work with the owners to agree a transparent (as far as possible) improvement plan, with responsibilities, dates etc. etc.. Otherwise round and round we will go.

Carry out "a review" is always the most cowardly, vague and weaselly suggestion. The Trust have had a director on the Board. They KNOW what has gone wrong, or should do, strategically and operationally. They should be thought leading the improvement plan now and laying out their suggestion and five to ten point action plan.

Calling for 'a review' or 'an inquiry' by someone else, is EXACTLY what a bureaucrat would do. It smacks of abdicating any responsibility, and inevitably kicks things into the long grass.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:19 - May 28 with 4688 viewsShaky

Steady.

No need to antagonise Steve and Jase now, when they are hopefully about to vouchsafe the Trust agreement to enter into mediation.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:31 - May 28 with 4650 viewsdobjack2

We may be left with some players on premier league contracts we may not want to keep in an ideal world.

Clearly confirms that not everyone has relegation clauses in their contracts. Depending on which players they are referring to we could be shelling out an awful lot of our budget on them if they don’t want to move on.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:39 - May 28 with 4627 viewsdobjack2

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:15 - May 28 by monmouth

Carry out "a review" is always the most cowardly, vague and weaselly suggestion. The Trust have had a director on the Board. They KNOW what has gone wrong, or should do, strategically and operationally. They should be thought leading the improvement plan now and laying out their suggestion and five to ten point action plan.

Calling for 'a review' or 'an inquiry' by someone else, is EXACTLY what a bureaucrat would do. It smacks of abdicating any responsibility, and inevitably kicks things into the long grass.

All about problems and solutions. Even from the outside I can see a lot of the problems but without knowing details can’t offer solutions.

The trust board should know the details therefore in my opinion should also be offering solutions.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:50 - May 28 with 4596 viewsjacksfullaces

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:07 - May 28 by Jinxy

fair dos. that has a bit of oomph about it I agree.

business like. bring it on?
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:52 - May 28 with 4581 viewsjacksfullaces

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:15 - May 28 by monmouth

have they got a voice at the table though in reality? or whether it is a detailed improvement plan or call to arms, are they p'''ing in the wind?
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:53 - May 28 with 4578 viewsGowerjack

Nonsense.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:54 - May 28 with 4572 viewsDJack

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:39 - May 28 by dobjack2

All about problems and solutions. Even from the outside I can see a lot of the problems but without knowing details can’t offer solutions.

The trust board should know the details therefore in my opinion should also be offering solutions.

We heard they're solution before in the words of Cath Dyer...trust the board

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:59 - May 28 with 4549 viewsmoonie

A review should have been finalised after the last game of the season resulting in Jenkins immediate dismissal followed by announcement of new Chair.

Under performing players sacked

Ne manager brought in to rip the club apart and rebuild
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 14:10 - May 28 with 4520 viewsJinxy

Nicely put. Some form of firm plan should be generated (ASAP too) - in my view the devil's in the detail - broad headings (5-10 as you say) but nailed down precise solutions that will collectively address the wider problem. I'm sure enough of us on here have experience in such things. The problem is, as far as we know, the Trust haven't asked for that have they. Hopefully Trust members* on here can take these constructive suggestions and feedback on board.

Edit: I mean Trust board members.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 14:19]
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 14:18 - May 28 with 4487 viewsairedale

So, just to sum up.

The Trust are not fit for purpose, so get rid.

The management (especially HJ) not fit for purpose, so get rid.

American owners don’t know what they are doing, so get rid.

Players not fit to wear the shirt, so get rid.

New manager to come in (interviewed and employed by someone) to sort it all out.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 14:57 - May 28 with 4425 viewsShaky

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 14:10 - May 28 by Jinxy

Nicely put. Some form of firm plan should be generated (ASAP too) - in my view the devil's in the detail - broad headings (5-10 as you say) but nailed down precise solutions that will collectively address the wider problem. I'm sure enough of us on here have experience in such things. The problem is, as far as we know, the Trust haven't asked for that have they. Hopefully Trust members* on here can take these constructive suggestions and feedback on board.

Edit: I mean Trust board members.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 14:19]

Off the top of my head I would be thinking something along the lines of a 3 year plan: "Returning to the Prem"

Year 1 - Restructuring

*Trim playing squad to ensure net debt is no more than £40 million by the start of the 19/20 season. Preferably lower.

* Recruit DoF and set budget for Year 2
- DoF to define playing style and put forward plan to revamp scouting

* Identify and recruit LT manger if necessary compatible with the above

Year 2 - On field focus

* Fine-tuning the squad, focus on playing side

* Strengthen scouting network, define recruitment process

* Challenge for promotion.

* End season with no more than £25m in net debt

Year 3 - Winning Promotion

Misology -- It's a bitch

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 18:12 - May 28 with 4210 viewsLeonWasGod

I thought that big was fairly obvious. The Trust wants someone else (who isn’t Jenkins) to sort that bit out because they don’t know.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 18:23 - May 28 with 4184 viewsjacksfullaces

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 18:12 - May 28 by LeonWasGod

I thought that big was fairly obvious. The Trust wants someone else (who isn’t Jenkins) to sort that bit out because they don’t know.

looks like it's business as usual though?
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 20:53 - May 28 with 4047 viewsmax936

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:39 - May 28 by dobjack2

They can't decide on whether to have jam or marmalade on their toast in the morning so what fecking hope have we got.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024