Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club 11:09 - May 28 with 13324 viewsQJumpingJack

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/05/28/where-do-we-go-from-here-managing-the-cl

which includes:

Who is the right man to lead this review and make the necessary decisions? A few years ago that would have been an easy question to answer. If we look at this dispassionately, Huw Jenkins’ record for a long time was as good as anyone in the game. Sadly his track record in recent years is pretty much the polar opposite. Due to the continued failings in recruitment, both player and managerial, the Supporters Trust has called for the removal of Huw Jenkins as Chairman and as such we do not believe he is the right man to lead that exercise.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:06 - May 31 with 2311 viewsMoscowJack

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 21:19 - May 31 by longlostjack

MoscowJack mentioned a meeting between the Trust and MM that he helped set up regarding the potential blocking of the sale. Needed BK on board? He also implied that both sides were mistrustful of each other which didn’t help in the search for a solution (paraphrasing). What was your take on that meeting Phil ?

Just to put things into perspective, when I said that I didn't think either party went into it with the most open of minds, I think you need to understand that the Trust were rightly unhappy and angry that the club had just been sold behind their backs. They (wrongly) presumed that MM was party to all the negotiations (that was down to just HJ & LD), so I think it would have been incredibly difficult for anyone to go into such a meeting without any bias or pent up frustration.

At the same time, the Board's relationship with the Trust had been held together by a thin piece of string and it was only Huw Cooze who'd prevented it from breaking down altogether.....until he himself was shafted by both Jenkins/Dineen and the Trust (again, in my opinion) of course.

I didn't have huge hopes of anything positive happening but I did have a bit of hope, so it was worth trying.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:14 - May 31 with 2294 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 21:19 - May 31 by longlostjack

MoscowJack mentioned a meeting between the Trust and MM that he helped set up regarding the potential blocking of the sale. Needed BK on board? He also implied that both sides were mistrustful of each other which didn’t help in the search for a solution (paraphrasing). What was your take on that meeting Phil ?

Only meeting I attended with MM and BK present that I recall was immediately after we first met Levien on the morning of the Chelsea game

This was where we were told of Chinese interest but no more detail other than they were keen to invest in Swansea in general including the airport

Time fades the memory but I don’t remember more
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:16 - May 31 with 2286 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:06 - May 31 by MoscowJack

Just to put things into perspective, when I said that I didn't think either party went into it with the most open of minds, I think you need to understand that the Trust were rightly unhappy and angry that the club had just been sold behind their backs. They (wrongly) presumed that MM was party to all the negotiations (that was down to just HJ & LD), so I think it would have been incredibly difficult for anyone to go into such a meeting without any bias or pent up frustration.

At the same time, the Board's relationship with the Trust had been held together by a thin piece of string and it was only Huw Cooze who'd prevented it from breaking down altogether.....until he himself was shafted by both Jenkins/Dineen and the Trust (again, in my opinion) of course.

I didn't have huge hopes of anything positive happening but I did have a bit of hope, so it was worth trying.

Nick on my reply below was I in this meeting I don’t recall the one in question but as I say the mind can play tricks two years on
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:38 - May 31 with 2240 viewsMoscowJack

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:16 - May 31 by Phil_S

Nick on my reply below was I in this meeting I don’t recall the one in question but as I say the mind can play tricks two years on

It was only you in this meeting, Phil and it lasted 3 days :)

I can't remember if you were there or not. It was in Morgans Hotel. I remember the other two who were there though.

I'll have a look back through my emails.

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:53 - May 31 with 2215 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:38 - May 31 by MoscowJack

It was only you in this meeting, Phil and it lasted 3 days :)

I can't remember if you were there or not. It was in Morgans Hotel. I remember the other two who were there though.

I'll have a look back through my emails.

Ah the three day meeting ... you should have said 😂

Who were the other two?
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 23:15 - May 31 with 2163 viewsMoscowJack

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:53 - May 31 by Phil_S

Ah the three day meeting ... you should have said 😂

Who were the other two?

Andy G and Dai L. Two of the good guys. I'm sure neither mind me saying otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned their names.

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 23:21 - May 31 with 2144 viewsLoyal

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:14 - May 31 by Phil_S

Only meeting I attended with MM and BK present that I recall was immediately after we first met Levien on the morning of the Chelsea game

This was where we were told of Chinese interest but no more detail other than they were keen to invest in Swansea in general including the airport

The no way MM would have prefered the yanks if they were going to invest in ...

An airport. I mean what would that ever do to help him ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 00:02 - Jun 1 with 2103 viewsUxbridge

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 23:15 - May 31 by MoscowJack

Andy G and Dai L. Two of the good guys. I'm sure neither mind me saying otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned their names.

I wouldn't have an issue at all, but I've never had a meeting with Morgan during my time with the Trust.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 00:08 - Jun 1 with 2092 viewsDarran

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 00:02 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

I wouldn't have an issue at all, but I've never had a meeting with Morgan during my time with the Trust.

Brilliant,absolutely fuçking brilliant.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 05:28 - Jun 1 with 2023 viewsBobby_Fischer

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:06 - May 31 by MoscowJack

Was this before the takeover?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 07:50 - Jun 1 with 1986 views34dfgdf54

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 22:14 - May 31 by Phil_S

It has probably been explained on here loads of times, apologies if so, but how come nothing materialised with the Chinese?

Was no concrete offer put in place? Or was it simply because the Americans were offering alot more and it was quicker cash for Jenkins and co?
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 08:46 - Jun 1 with 1939 viewsMoscowJack

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 00:02 - Jun 1 by Uxbridge

Hhhmmm.....my memory's playing tricks then. I was sure it was you and Dai but it might have been Dai L and Rich M.

Maybe Phil remembers.....?

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 08:57 - Jun 1 with 1922 views3swan

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 09:58 - May 31 by MoscowJack

I'm not exactly sure but I know they didn't properly speak for a while, just after the formalisation of the deal with Yanks v2 was announced. Huw Cooze would be able to verify this as he was in a similar position. I know this as I was back in Swansea at the time so saw some of the emotion first hand.

I think MM and HJ used to travel in the car together to all away games but they don't anymore. I think Tenko drives him now so that poor little Huw isn't lonely!

I see that they sit together at games and I suppose they're cordial and amicable but I don't know if it goes any further than that.

Again, I know that the usual people will come back with their usual comments but that's 100% the truth as I know it. It might be a bit different in reality, but I genuinely don't think it is.

Just one question Nick

"I'm not exactly sure but I know they didn't properly speak for a while, just after the formalisation of the deal with Yanks v2 was announced. Huw Cooze would be able to verify this as he was in a similar position. I know this as I was back in Swansea at the time so saw some of the emotion first hand. "

If that is how MM felt about how things were done why did he side with the sale and not the Trust.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 11:20 - Jun 1 with 1845 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 08:46 - Jun 1 by MoscowJack

Hhhmmm.....my memory's playing tricks then. I was sure it was you and Dai but it might have been Dai L and Rich M.

Maybe Phil remembers.....?

The meeting of the morning of the Chelsea game was attended by Dai, Rich, Huw C and me

From memory that was the only one I had with MM present. BK was also there
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 11:22 - Jun 1 with 1840 viewsPhil_S

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 07:50 - Jun 1 by 34dfgdf54

It has probably been explained on here loads of times, apologies if so, but how come nothing materialised with the Chinese?

Was no concrete offer put in place? Or was it simply because the Americans were offering alot more and it was quicker cash for Jenkins and co?

I don’t think there was ever a formal offer

MM and BK were adamant that HJ and LD wanted nothing to do with it but at no point did terms ever get put forward I don’t think
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:05 - Jun 1 with 1773 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 11:22 - Jun 1 by Phil_S

I don’t think there was ever a formal offer

MM and BK were adamant that HJ and LD wanted nothing to do with it but at no point did terms ever get put forward I don’t think

LD reckons they upped sticks and went into hiding so nothing ever came of it.
Love to know the truth. A lovely job for an investigative journalist. Oh hang on......Wales has not got any.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 14:13 - Jun 1 with 1733 viewsdobjack2

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 13:05 - Jun 1 by Private_Partz

LD reckons they upped sticks and went into hiding so nothing ever came of it.
Love to know the truth. A lovely job for an investigative journalist. Oh hang on......Wales has not got any.

Indeed.

As far as timelines go, had anyone already signed anything with our current majority owners before the Chinese interest came to light.
Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 17:07 - Jun 1 with 1682 viewsMoscowJack

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 14:13 - Jun 1 by dobjack2

Indeed.

As far as timelines go, had anyone already signed anything with our current majority owners before the Chinese interest came to light.

THAT is the $1m question and a very good one!

I, and many, believe that Jenkins signed ON BEHALF of all Directors in Dec 2015 when there were rumours going around that Yanks V1 were coming back with a better offer. Nobody outside of the club, including the Trust, knew it was Yanks V2.....but it was only HJ & LD who knew the deal was signed (or about to be) based on us staying up that season.

Yanks V2 became more common knowledge after the were at the Liverpool game (coincidentally MM's first missed away game for many years) but, again, only a couple of people knew that this was a seriously interested party who were already negotiating terms. I don't know the numbers but the club had quite a few potential buyers pass through to watch games over the years, so it was nothing out of the ordinary.

There were two Chinese groups interested, I THINK, but neither got to offer stage or were given the chance to before Yanks V2 were signed up. Let's not forget how poor our form was and relegation was a real possibility, so HJ & LD did the deal. I might be wrong but one of those Chinese groups turned out to be fake and one went on to buy West Brom.

Saying all this, the reality is that the Yanks have more access to money than the old Board did or would, so we MIGHT see a push for promotion this season if they don't strip the squad too thin. There's been little difference between the old board and new one (Bob Bradley aside) but the acid test comes over the coming weeks. The only worries for me are (1) would they "invest" in a promotion push and expect the Trust to contribute 21% of that investment (which would strip the Trust of their fighting fund) and (2) would they want to "invest" while there's a potential court case with their business partners on the horizon?

I think the answer to every question with the Yanks is always going to be....whatever's best for their investment as they have a lot of investors to pacify! Promotion at the first attempt HAS to be their priority and I would guess that they would love to do it whilst replacing our very high earners with far less costly replacements so there's a more manageable wage bill if we get back to the PL.

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 17:47 - Jun 1 with 1648 viewsDarran

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 11:20 - Jun 1 by Phil_S

The meeting of the morning of the Chelsea game was attended by Dai, Rich, Huw C and me

From memory that was the only one I had with MM present. BK was also there

If you’re unsure of your whereabouts Phil PM Nick he’ll know where your were.

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 17:52 - Jun 1 with 1636 viewsMoscowJack

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 17:47 - Jun 1 by Darran

If you’re unsure of your whereabouts Phil PM Nick he’ll know where your were.

Please stop being a tw@t Darren. You destroy so many threads because you can't control yourself and stop yourself from interfering.

I know you think you're interesting, clever and funny but I don't think I've met anyone who qualifies less for any of them than you. Thankfully! But, hey ho, I'm sure you'll come back with something hilarious that will have us cracking up all over the world :)

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 18:35 - Jun 1 with 1608 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 08:57 - Jun 1 by 3swan

Just one question Nick

"I'm not exactly sure but I know they didn't properly speak for a while, just after the formalisation of the deal with Yanks v2 was announced. Huw Cooze would be able to verify this as he was in a similar position. I know this as I was back in Swansea at the time so saw some of the emotion first hand. "

If that is how MM felt about how things were done why did he side with the sale and not the Trust.

Exactly, Nick is portraying MM as the hard done by business partner.

When in reality, he's an extremely wealthy chap who could have gifted The Trust a percentage of his shares and not even notice it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 18:46 - Jun 1 with 1594 viewsDarran

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 18:35 - Jun 1 by Neath_Jack

When in reality, he's an extremely wealthy chap who could have gifted The Trust a percentage of his shares and not even notice it.

Fair play to Nick for guessing everything mind seeing as Martin never tells him anything.

Kudos for that. lol

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 19:12 - Jun 1 with 1562 viewsMoscowJack

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 18:46 - Jun 1 by Darran

Fair play to Nick for guessing everything mind seeing as Martin never tells him anything.

Kudos for that. lol

Please stop making yourself look stupid, Darren.

Everything I've posted has been true and honest. If you're unable to get your head around it, that's fine but you constant attempts at being clever are extremely boring.

Can you just leave the interesting stuff to others and go back to announcing the imminent deaths of former players please? It suits you better.

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 19:24 - Jun 1 with 1549 viewsDarran

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 19:12 - Jun 1 by MoscowJack

Please stop making yourself look stupid, Darren.

Everything I've posted has been true and honest. If you're unable to get your head around it, that's fine but you constant attempts at being clever are extremely boring.

Can you just leave the interesting stuff to others and go back to announcing the imminent deaths of former players please? It suits you better.

I’ve never ever said that anything you’ve posted is untrue though Uxbridge being at a meeting he wasn’t at was quite funny.

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 19:32 - Jun 1 with 1539 viewsbonymine

Swans Trust: Where Do We Go From Here - Managing The Club on 18:35 - Jun 1 by Neath_Jack

I wouldn’t trust any of them as far as I could throw them (that’s not very far in Dineen’s case 😉) from personal experience !!

The personal greed, lies, deceit and corruption which has infiltrated and ultimately destroyed our Club over the past three years is so very hard to take particularly given the much heralded ‘By the fans for the fans’ message which was put out into the public domain at every opportunity by the former ‘Saviours’, latterly ‘Sell Outs’ culminating in that JTAK farce/glossy selling tool for the good old US of A market to attract the highest bidder ......

However, it was inevitable that when the sh1t hit the fan I.e. relegation this season then it suddenly becomes every man for himself and ‘longstanding friendships’ go out the window in a desperate attempt to save face and the blame game starts.

I hold each and every one of them accountable in every aspect of the sale and would NEVER believe one of them over another....they all belong to that much detested nest of vipers/pigs at the trough or whatever analogy you wish to use to describe these despicable, greedy, unprincipled scumbags.

Now that I’ve got that off my chest I think I’ll enjoy a very palatable glass of Californian Malbec Ladies and Gentlemen 👍

STID......Together Stronger 💪💪💪
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 19:35]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024