Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sciatica :-( 09:19 - May 29 with 7105 viewsbazzool

I know im not the only person with this but if you have got it what do you use for the pain, i cant even walk hardly, i woke up sat morning with it and its the worst pain iv had in a while, cant get comfy , im trying to do excersizes but its just to painfull, this is my first time having it, left cheek down to my foot which is tingly and feels numb, hope it clears up soon
Sciatica :-( on 09:31 - May 29 with 5210 viewsPrivate_Partz

Get down the Docs. They will offer better adivice than the PS witch doctors ;-)
Hope it clears up soon.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sciatica :-( on 09:37 - May 29 with 5192 viewsmonmouth

My wife had a nightmare with this. Tried everything, which I think is what she concluded, different people need different remedies. In the end a Chinese Accupuncturist sorted it a few years ago with one treatment and it's not come back. She'd tried acupuncture before but it hadn't worked, plus physio, pills, and loads of other stuff.

Good luck. Horrendous thing.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sciatica :-( on 09:38 - May 29 with 5189 viewsjohnlangy

Chiropractor. Definitely. Myself and my wife have had problems over the years. Physio didn't help, in fact made it worse. The chiropractor fixed it almost immediately.
Sciatica :-( on 09:47 - May 29 with 5166 viewsBenJ94

My old man got it, visit a chiropractor if you can, if not, ice packs and plenty of rest.
Sciatica :-( on 09:52 - May 29 with 5155 viewsHighjack

Amputation

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sciatica :-( on 09:53 - May 29 with 5154 viewsAl_Bundy

If you have sciatica then you have a primary problem to sort. Disc, spine or glute issue.
Sciatica :-( on 10:05 - May 29 with 5135 viewsLord_Bony

Try oriental massage,two ladies.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Sciatica :-( on 10:23 - May 29 with 5096 viewsSmellyplumz

We will end in drop foot mark my words.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

Sciatica :-( on 10:32 - May 29 with 5078 viewsbazzool

Yeah i have an appointment at 14.30 , thanks for advice
Sciatica :-( on 10:36 - May 29 with 5071 viewsPolskijack

I've had this off and on for many years. Tried most things but now sadly just resort to Tramadol. It's an opiate so you need to be careful but it works for me when the pain is at it's worst, and it helps you sleep as well. Hopefully some other treatment will sort you out before resorting to this.
Sciatica :-( on 10:44 - May 29 with 5054 viewsJonathans_coat

Sciatica :-( on 10:32 - May 29 by bazzool

10 year sufferer here - the doctor will prescribe pain killers and tell u to see a Physio. Painkillers will help temporarily, physio, although painful will also help. To a large extent I have learned to “live with it”. What works best for me was finding out what causes it to flare up - in my case bending/twisting my back awkwardly, or sleeping in certain positions or on a too soft mattress - and not doing that thing!
Sciatica :-( on 11:03 - May 29 with 5029 viewspencoedjack

Sciatica :-( on 10:32 - May 29 by bazzool

With 2 oriental ladies ?

Let us know how it goes.
Sciatica :-( on 11:13 - May 29 with 5012 viewswobbly

Marijuana. Medical, obvs
Sciatica :-( on 11:54 - May 29 with 4963 viewsjedijack

As Monny says there isn't a single fix for sciatica, as sciatica is just a name for the symptom of which there are many possible causes.

I had awful trouble with my lower back until a couple of years ago. Saw numerous physiotherapists, the last one popped a disk in the middle of my back, sorted me right out. I was really surprised where the pain was coming from.

Now, if I get back pain I can lay on the floor and stretch my back out until the disk pops back in, always middle of the back.

I'd see a physio to start off and if no better after a couple of sessions then see the doc. Might be something more serious.
Sciatica :-( on 11:55 - May 29 with 4957 viewsjedijack

Sciatica :-( on 10:36 - May 29 by Polskijack

I've had this off and on for many years. Tried most things but now sadly just resort to Tramadol. It's an opiate so you need to be careful but it works for me when the pain is at it's worst, and it helps you sleep as well. Hopefully some other treatment will sort you out before resorting to this.

My dad had a really bad turn on tramadol he was taking for his back.

I'd avoid the stuff personally.
Sciatica :-( on 12:20 - May 29 with 4915 viewsJinxy

Our next door neighbour is a Chinese acupuncturist - she has a practice in Walter Road, has an excellent reputation and is a really good person. Not been myself, but my wife has and treatment (not sciatica) worked for her. If you need contact details, PM me.
Sciatica :-( on 12:59 - May 29 with 4835 viewsbazzool

Sciatica :-( on 12:20 - May 29 by Jinxy

Our next door neighbour is a Chinese acupuncturist - she has a practice in Walter Road, has an excellent reputation and is a really good person. Not been myself, but my wife has and treatment (not sciatica) worked for her. If you need contact details, PM me.

Thanks mate il see what my docs say first and keep you in mind, maybe the 7 hour car journey set it off i dont know
Sciatica :-( on 13:08 - May 29 with 4809 viewsWingstandwood

Shared community “I feel your pain” support group (me!) member, reporting to duty!

You’re not alone, my mother has regular sciatica flare-up’s and I myself have a similar type condition whereupon the problem area is higher up located in the neck area. Similar horrendous pain and additional radiating pain that travel to area’s far away from the problem source. With me it’s not only my neck but my elbow and hand area that suffers deep pain akin to rampant toothache, . It even affects my grip and ability to write. If it gets worse (I'm improving slowly) I'm going to go down a chiropractic or acupuncture route. I know of a guy that uses a acupuncture practice in Penllergaer, I was told he found it beneficial.

Argus!

Sciatica :-( on 13:18 - May 29 with 4769 viewsWingstandwood

Sciatica :-( on 12:59 - May 29 by bazzool

Thanks mate il see what my docs say first and keep you in mind, maybe the 7 hour car journey set it off i dont know

My sister went to see a physio about intermittent -recurrent pain/problems and the physio said stuff like her driving position. sleeping position were contributive She was even told to change her pillow.

Argus!

Sciatica :-( on 15:13 - May 29 with 4667 viewsbazzool

Right been to the docs , turns out my sciatica is caused from a slipped disc, they noticed it from a scan i had back in 2011, they didnt think it was a problem back then but now its flarred up bigtime, thats whats causing the sciatica and my foot to go numb she mentioned l5 s3 , so shes put an urgent mri scan in and prescribed me naproxen 500, tramadol 50mg and amitriptyline 10mg, the state im in physio is a no go at the moment but when it eases physio is just a walk in session anyway. Thanks for your replies guys
Sciatica :-( on 15:47 - May 29 with 4629 viewsswan65split

Sciatica :-( on 15:13 - May 29 by bazzool

Right been to the docs , turns out my sciatica is caused from a slipped disc, they noticed it from a scan i had back in 2011, they didnt think it was a problem back then but now its flarred up bigtime, thats whats causing the sciatica and my foot to go numb she mentioned l5 s3 , so shes put an urgent mri scan in and prescribed me naproxen 500, tramadol 50mg and amitriptyline 10mg, the state im in physio is a no go at the moment but when it eases physio is just a walk in session anyway. Thanks for your replies guys

They"ll ease the pain, but you will be feeling tired all the time,
Sciatica :-( on 16:29 - May 29 with 4571 viewsbazzool

Sciatica :-( on 15:47 - May 29 by swan65split

They"ll ease the pain, but you will be feeling tired all the time,

Im always tired anyway, working away from home all the travelling and 3 kids lol
Sciatica :-( on 16:33 - May 29 with 4558 viewsJinxy

Good luck, and do everything they tell you to!
Sciatica :-( on 16:42 - May 29 with 4547 viewsDyfnant

I wouldn’t let a Physio touch you until you’ve got the MRI in hand

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Sciatica :-( on 16:43 - May 29 with 4543 viewsAl_Bundy

See i'm not a complete quack
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024