Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence 20:25 - Jun 4 with 5704 viewsdickythorpe

Interesting, it will be interesting to see what players he wants to bring in and those he wants out.
The club needs to reconnect with the fans, maybe he is the man to do it.
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 20:46 - Jun 4 with 3796 viewssainthelens

There we are then..promotion guaranteed.

Jesus wept.
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 21:40 - Jun 4 with 3617 viewsmichufan

For some reason that does not fill me with a sense of optimism?
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 21:52 - Jun 4 with 3553 viewsAmbergambler

A degree in how to score goals might be more appropriate.
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 21:52 - Jun 4 with 3551 viewsItchySphincter

He should have got a mod job on here instead.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 21:55 - Jun 4 with 3526 viewsjacksfullaces

a degree in emotional intelligence, that's one step up from a few days in the school of hard knocks.

it's called understanding people and your environment ffs

brendan had a dossier remember
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 21:58 - Jun 4 with 3502 viewsGaryjack

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 21:55 - Jun 4 by jacksfullaces

a degree in emotional intelligence, that's one step up from a few days in the school of hard knocks.

it's called understanding people and your environment ffs

brendan had a dossier remember

Ye, and he was a total fvckin disaster wasn't he!
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 22:10 - Jun 4 with 3423 viewsLoyal

Learning through emotions as opposed to cognitive experience if understood by those with a slight degree of intelligence is a very powerful tool.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 22:10 - Jun 4 with 3421 viewsBadlands

You forget, we now live in a country where education is s dirty word and a degree is wasted drinking time.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 22:31 - Jun 4 with 3331 viewsjacksfullaces

nah, just about marrying up the qualification to the job description.

so a degree in emotional intelligence required for what purpose in our club at this moment in time?

what graduate level skills are critical to the current scope of the role?

reckon huw has got an mba in strategic planning? perhaps he should do one part time?

education is a great thing, relevance is key, not just wheeling it out for a media soundbite a la the dossier etc
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 22:40 - Jun 4 with 3300 viewsairedale

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 22:10 - Jun 4 by Loyal

Learning through emotions as opposed to cognitive experience if understood by those with a slight degree of intelligence is a very powerful tool.

Padden?
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 22:42 - Jun 4 with 3285 viewsSmellyplumz

He probably brought it from the same gaff Paul McKenna purchased his one from.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 03:17 - Jun 5 with 3065 viewsWanderer

Good man management in any environment is a valued tool, he seems to be an organised person who demands order in the working place, wether by cajoling, mentoring or outright bullocking, willing to give Mr Potter his head.
Hopefully he can look at how players are brought into the club and let go, this needs a refreshed approach badly.
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 03:24 - Jun 5 with 3061 viewsDewi1jack

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 22:10 - Jun 4 by Loyal

"if understood by those with a slight degree of intelligence"

He's fuked here then with some of our players, Directors, Trust board, office staff .

Oh,
and fans

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 06:01 - Jun 5 with 3009 viewsGlyn1

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 22:10 - Jun 4 by Badlands

You forget, we now live in a country where education is s dirty word and a degree is wasted drinking time.

Rubbish. 20 year olds are putting themselves £30,000 in debt precisely because they do value getting a degree. They're harder working, and face a tougher time, than students from 20 or 30 years ago.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 09:25 - Jun 5 with 2825 viewsGreatBritton

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 06:01 - Jun 5 by Glyn1

Rubbish. 20 year olds are putting themselves £30,000 in debt precisely because they do value getting a degree. They're harder working, and face a tougher time, than students from 20 or 30 years ago.

No they're not. FACT
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 09:40 - Jun 5 with 2790 viewsAl_Bundy

If Potter is footballing psychologist then he'll have an interesting case with Routledge.
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 09:51 - Jun 5 with 2762 viewsUxbridge

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 06:01 - Jun 5 by Glyn1

They are indeed. I spent most of my student years in a drunken haze. I dare say my attitude would have been different if I'd been shelling out £9.5k a year on fees and didn't have a grant to cover a fair chunk of my living expenses. And that's without mentioning the far more competitive economic environment they'll be facing. I don't envy them in the slightest, they've been dealt a rum hand.

The rest is spot on though. It's a pretty depressing state of affairs when someone is queried for being well-educated in a subject which, given the undoubted importance of the mental state on performance, looks to be pretty relevant to the job of football manager. Experts though eh. What do they know.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 10:02 - Jun 5 with 2735 viewsProfessor

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 09:51 - Jun 5 by Uxbridge

They are indeed. I spent most of my student years in a drunken haze. I dare say my attitude would have been different if I'd been shelling out £9.5k a year on fees and didn't have a grant to cover a fair chunk of my living expenses. And that's without mentioning the far more competitive economic environment they'll be facing. I don't envy them in the slightest, they've been dealt a rum hand.

The rest is spot on though. It's a pretty depressing state of affairs when someone is queried for being well-educated in a subject which, given the undoubted importance of the mental state on performance, looks to be pretty relevant to the job of football manager. Experts though eh. What do they know.

The costs of delivering HE have risen astronomically for many subjects and facilities have much improved. If one went to University in the 1980s then buildings were in poor repair, there was little resource beyond a library. Nowadays the resources provided are enormous and the support given huge. The vast numbers going into HE have 'dumbed down' degree standards for sure, but students do in general work harder in a more competitive environment. The problem is fees have to be paid somehow-either though general taxation or individual taxation-which is what the loan for fees really is and one that is only repaid at a certain income level. The real cost of clinical and engineering degrees is still almost double what students pay. This is forgotten.

I do agree that the value of education is being eroded. Nice to see a manager with education and intelligence.
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 10:22 - Jun 5 with 2692 viewsbluenile

Well it's a Master's Degree, which would have taken some intense studying to achieve. It's obviously paid off for Ostersund. At least it's a higher level of education than Jenkins achieved when he became our esteemed "Director of Football". . . . . .will it work out? Who knows? But I'm more impressed by this guy's efforts to better both himself and the club he manages, than any of the old guard we could have gone for.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 10:27 - Jun 5 with 2679 viewsKingBony

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 09:51 - Jun 5 by Uxbridge

Can’t agree with anything you’ve said there. Unfortunately you’ve shown yourself up time and time again as being clueless so I just can’t take you seriously sorry. 🤡

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 10:48 - Jun 5 with 2638 viewsUxbridge

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 10:02 - Jun 5 by Professor

The costs of delivering HE have risen astronomically for many subjects and facilities have much improved. If one went to University in the 1980s then buildings were in poor repair, there was little resource beyond a library. Nowadays the resources provided are enormous and the support given huge. The vast numbers going into HE have 'dumbed down' degree standards for sure, but students do in general work harder in a more competitive environment. The problem is fees have to be paid somehow-either though general taxation or individual taxation-which is what the loan for fees really is and one that is only repaid at a certain income level. The real cost of clinical and engineering degrees is still almost double what students pay. This is forgotten.

I do agree that the value of education is being eroded. Nice to see a manager with education and intelligence.

I can't speak for the 80's but the facilities in my uni in the 90's were excellent and having spent some time in other uni's since, I'm not sure I've seen a massive improvement in that regard. All uni's are different though ... the facilities in Swansea Uni have clearly improved in recent times.

The drive to get as many into HE was one of Blair's bigger follies I've long argued. The thinking seemed little more than more in Uni = better educated population = better for the economy, which is bonkers really when you think about it. The German education model which gives a lot more focus on non-academic pursuits is far better suited to the realities of the 21st century IMO.

The costs argument is a fair one and there's no easy answer in the current climate. I do think the current scenario is the worst of the options though ... loading graduates with around £60k of debt before entering the workforce can't be the ideal. It's certainly not going to do much for social mobility, and I'm not sure I would have followed the path I would have. A reduction of numbers and general taxation would be the more logical to me, if coupled with other educational reforms to give everyone a chance.

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 10:50 - Jun 5 with 2628 viewsUxbridge

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 10:27 - Jun 5 by KingBony

Can’t agree with anything you’ve said there. Unfortunately you’ve shown yourself up time and time again as being clueless so I just can’t take you seriously sorry. 🤡

I'd worry if you did. Useful contribution though.

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 11:01 - Jun 5 with 2598 viewsmoonie

If one can learn a trade via an apprenticeship these days debt free then it seems the right way
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 11:05 - Jun 5 with 2581 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Does he know anything about the Championship?

And does he know how to get overpriced players off the books?
Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 12:26 - Jun 5 with 2515 viewsBadlands

Potter has a degree in Emotional Intelligence on 10:48 - Jun 5 by Uxbridge

I can't speak for the 80's but the facilities in my uni in the 90's were excellent and having spent some time in other uni's since, I'm not sure I've seen a massive improvement in that regard. All uni's are different though ... the facilities in Swansea Uni have clearly improved in recent times.

The drive to get as many into HE was one of Blair's bigger follies I've long argued. The thinking seemed little more than more in Uni = better educated population = better for the economy, which is bonkers really when you think about it. The German education model which gives a lot more focus on non-academic pursuits is far better suited to the realities of the 21st century IMO.

The costs argument is a fair one and there's no easy answer in the current climate. I do think the current scenario is the worst of the options though ... loading graduates with around £60k of debt before entering the workforce can't be the ideal. It's certainly not going to do much for social mobility, and I'm not sure I would have followed the path I would have. A reduction of numbers and general taxation would be the more logical to me, if coupled with other educational reforms to give everyone a chance.

I would never have gone to college / university in today's climate.
But both my kids studied in the noughts (Engineering (MSc) and Arts / Law (PhD)) and came out with debts of under £10,000 still ridiculously high IMO. Neither took a penny from us but worked to cover their fees and expenses.
Debt is too easily acquired.

Our problem has been elitism of the public school system where a degree in Latin has greater kudos than one in plumbing. The German model, which one of mine went through for initial degree, demands practical excellence and very high academic, educational and personal standards and most are directly related to work.

Getting the highest education you can should be a goal in itself.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024