Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool 11:38 - Jun 12 with 5982 viewswestwalesed

Never been! Going this weekend for three nights (arriving Friday, leaving Monday morning) with 10 mates from Uni. A little scared, we are 35 odd now and will be behaving like we are 19!

Any suggestions?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Blackpool on 11:41 - Jun 12 with 3230 viewsDarran

Well I know the best place to get some snatch if that’s what you’re looking for?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Blackpool on 11:54 - Jun 12 with 3216 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its just a ride.

Blackpool on 11:57 - Jun 12 with 3205 viewssquarebear

It’s eye-opening. It’s fun.

As long as you’ve more tattoos than teeth you’ll blend right in.
Blackpool on 12:03 - Jun 12 with 3197 viewswestwalesed

Blackpool on 11:57 - Jun 12 by squarebear

My strong suit is that I can mix with anyone so should all be good regardless!

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Blackpool on 12:13 - Jun 12 with 3168 viewstaffpunk

I like Blackpool, go there every August for a 4 day Punk Festival. The Pub to start drinking in is The Ardwick, just past Central Pier on Foxhall Rd-£1.55 a Pint all day every day. Softens the blow when you're later paying £4+ in other places.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Blackpool on 12:20 - Jun 12 with 3150 viewsDyfnant

Only been once. I thought it like a rainy sh1t version of Benidorm but three times the price

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Blackpool on 13:22 - Jun 12 with 3072 viewsmoonie

IT is what it is .A town committed to providing entertainment for the working class
Blackpool on 15:07 - Jun 12 with 3002 viewsFireboy2

I work there and its rough as fvck but if you are on a p!ss up you wont notice

Get yourself to joey blowers set at the merrie england bar on the north pier sat afternoon hes absolutely hilarious but a word of warning dont move or say anything as he will rip you a new one
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 15:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool on 15:11 - Jun 12 with 2995 viewsItchySphincter

I went a few years back on a football tour. Really enjoyed it. Boobs everywhere.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Blackpool on 15:13 - Jun 12 with 2992 viewspencoedjack

The last time I was in Blackpool I was about 19 (30 years ago) & the 35(?) year old women were behaving like 19-year-olds.

Memories ......
Blackpool on 15:22 - Jun 12 with 2976 viewstheloneranger

Blackpool on 11:57 - Jun 12 by squarebear

And that's just the women😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Blackpool on 16:54 - Jun 12 with 2908 viewsBadlands

Went once - so foggy I couldn't see the sea from the promenade and the funfair was closed due to bad weather!
Other than that it was great.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Blackpool on 18:03 - Jun 12 with 2854 viewsPrivate_Partz

35 yr olds behaving like 19 is fine in Blackpool. You can go to the youngsters clubs and the oldies cabaret bars.
I have been going there since 1978. Don't do the clubs now though.
Anyway a few tips.
The Gallion. Live bands.
Nellie Deans and Ma Kelly's. Cabaret and dancing girls.
The Mitre. Small chill out pub before the night kicks off. Gets quite frantic at times.
The Akash, Topping Street. Ace curry. Sami the owner loves a bit of football banter.
Yorkshire Fisheries. Topping St again. Ace Fish and Chips.
The Chinese at the bottom of Talbot Road (next to The Counting House) is excellent. Can't remember the bloody name.
The Whittle Springs is an odd boozer. Bit like the resteraunt at the edge of the universe. Worth a look just for the sights :-)
Most night life will be in the centre of town around the North Pier. check out Joey Blower on Sunday lunchtime in the Merrie England Bar.
Don't forget what goes on on tour stays on tour lol. If you ever fancy a well behaved 60 something bloke to make up the numbers in future let me know. My mates are too effing misrerable to go nowadays.
If you enjoy it there is potentially 4 illuminations footy trips coming up. Preston, Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton. All within an easy train ride from Blackpool North.
Have a great time. I love the place. :-))

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Blackpool on 18:10 - Jun 12 with 2838 viewstaffpunk

Blackpool on 18:03 - Jun 12 by Private_Partz

35 yr olds behaving like 19 is fine in Blackpool. You can go to the youngsters clubs and the oldies cabaret bars.
I have been going there since 1978. Don't do the clubs now though.
Anyway a few tips.
The Gallion. Live bands.
Nellie Deans and Ma Kelly's. Cabaret and dancing girls.
The Mitre. Small chill out pub before the night kicks off. Gets quite frantic at times.
The Akash, Topping Street. Ace curry. Sami the owner loves a bit of football banter.
Yorkshire Fisheries. Topping St again. Ace Fish and Chips.
The Chinese at the bottom of Talbot Road (next to The Counting House) is excellent. Can't remember the bloody name.
The Whittle Springs is an odd boozer. Bit like the resteraunt at the edge of the universe. Worth a look just for the sights :-)
Most night life will be in the centre of town around the North Pier. check out Joey Blower on Sunday lunchtime in the Merrie England Bar.
Don't forget what goes on on tour stays on tour lol. If you ever fancy a well behaved 60 something bloke to make up the numbers in future let me know. My mates are too effing misrerable to go nowadays.
If you enjoy it there is potentially 4 illuminations footy trips coming up. Preston, Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton. All within an easy train ride from Blackpool North.
Have a great time. I love the place. :-))

Very informative post, many thanks, will check out some of these when I'm there in August.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Blackpool on 18:27 - Jun 12 with 2809 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 18:10 - Jun 12 by taffpunk

Very informative post, many thanks, will check out some of these when I'm there in August.

No probs. Any queries give me a shout.
The Chinese is called The Mayflower. Remembered it :-)
The Pleasure Beach is a decent walk or tram ride down towards the South Pier. Blackpool has three.
Scare yourself sh!tless on The Big One and Icon. Wouldn't touch either myself ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Blackpool on 18:28 - Jun 12 with 2805 viewstaffpunk

Blackpool on 15:07 - Jun 12 by Fireboy2

I work there and its rough as fvck but if you are on a p!ss up you wont notice

Get yourself to joey blowers set at the merrie england bar on the north pier sat afternoon hes absolutely hilarious but a word of warning dont move or say anything as he will rip you a new one
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 15:15]

Is Joey Blowers still there in August?

Blackpool on 18:30 - Jun 12 with 2796 viewsGeoffThom

Once a d never agsin its a feckin dump
Blackpool on 18:32 - Jun 12 with 2787 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 18:28 - Jun 12 by taffpunk

Is Joey Blowers still there in August?

Yeah. The season has only just kicked off a few weeks ago. It's extended in Blackpool and runs right through to Guy Fawkes. Blower is there for the duration though he is an acquired taste. Avoid if you don't like bad language lol

Blackpool on 18:35 - Jun 12 with 2780 viewstaffpunk

Blackpool on 18:27 - Jun 12 by Private_Partz

The Pleasure Beach is a decent walk or tram ride down towards the South Pier. Blackpool has three.
Scare yourself sh!tless on The Big One and Icon. Wouldn't touch either myself ;-)

Like I said in an earlier post, go there every year for the Punk Festival in The Winter Gardens, but always good to escape for a few hours-it can get too full and hard work! Is The Mayflower a sit-down Chinese?

Blackpool on 18:39 - Jun 12 with 2769 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 18:30 - Jun 12 by GeoffThom

Once a d never agsin its a feckin dump

When did you go Geoff, and what time of year?
I completely understand that view however It is not for everyone.
'Dump' is a bit harsh. Millions spent on the foreshore, the Tower buildings have been restored to their red brick. brand new trams run from Lytham to Fleetwood.
The North Shore is like Eastbourne. Very sedate.
The Centre and Golden Mile can be a mad house. It can be whatever you want.
For me it I still just fun place. Everyone enjoying themselves and very little trouble. There was a murder there many years ago when I went on a family trip and took the mother in law. I don't think she did it though. I reckon she was asleep at the time ;-))

Blackpool on 18:46 - Jun 12 with 2760 viewssquarebear

Blackpool on 18:27 - Jun 12 by Private_Partz

The Big One - ha. I went on with my lad, thinking that the very steep up track was down and the not too steep down track was up. Bloody mortifying (particularly the “anticipation”) oncethe penny dropped but after the first run I raced around to rejoin the queue.
Blackpool on 18:50 - Jun 12 with 2751 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 18:35 - Jun 12 by taffpunk

Like I said in an earlier post, go there every year for the Punk Festival in The Winter Gardens, but always good to escape for a few hours-it can get too full and hard work! Is The Mayflower a sit-down Chinese?

Yes it is. It's pretty big inside. I am a Stranglers fan. Will have to do the festival some time. I stay in the Dukeries Hotel in Adelaide Street. You can pee on the Winter Gardens from there. ;-)

Blackpool on 18:54 - Jun 12 with 2746 viewsPrivate_Partz

Blackpool on 18:46 - Jun 12 by squarebear

The Big One - ha. I went on with my lad, thinking that the very steep up track was down and the not too steep down track was up. Bloody mortifying (particularly the “anticipation”) oncethe penny dropped but after the first run I raced around to rejoin the queue.

My mate is the same. He goes on all these bloody rides. I just stand on the Prom as the Big One goes over the top. Looks terrifying enough from there. :-)

Blackpool on 19:03 - Jun 12 with 2727 viewssquarebear

Blackpool on 18:50 - Jun 12 by Private_Partz

Yes it is. It's pretty big inside. I am a Stranglers fan. Will have to do the festival some time. I stay in the Dukeries Hotel in Adelaide Street. You can pee on the Winter Gardens from there. ;-)

Bit off topic, this.

The last time I heard owt from Hugh Cornwall he was writing to the local rag complaining about the traffic in Bridgewater. How rock and roll is that?
Blackpool on 19:03 - Jun 12 with 2723 viewsAguycalledJack

Is the tower lounge still going?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024