Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson to West Ham 15:11 - Jun 14 with 67611 viewsandrew

Deal close. Sky sports breaking.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Mawson to West Ham on 07:51 - Jul 2 with 1504 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 07:38 - Jul 2 by karnataka

Define "better"

In every way one could define it.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Mawson to West Ham on 07:51 - Jul 2 with 1504 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 06:44 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

You dont think expectations were different last year to the year we were in the Europa League? Are you really making that claim?

I have told you why our squad weakened. It was an inevitability. Laudrup had the luxury of nearly half the squad being the backbone of our success and in their prime. Monk still lived off that too which is why he recorded our highest ever league position in the modern era.

Once the core of our team was on the wane, we found it increasingly hard. Laudrup tried to replace Britton with Canas before realising it was a stupid idea, yet had the luxury to call Britton back to cover that error. Managers after Monk didn't have that luxury. Same goes for Rangel, Dyer and Williams.

Expectations when we were in the Europa League, was to go as far as we could in that, while keeping our Premier League status. Which we were on course for doing both. I don't think you can get it in your head that juggling both is tough for any club, especially one the size of ours, with a lengthy injury list.

I had no problem with sacking Laudrup, he had lost interest and we needed a boost from somewhere. Unfortunately though information has since come to light on why it happened though.
Mawson to West Ham on 07:58 - Jul 2 with 1484 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 07:51 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

Expectations when we were in the Europa League, was to go as far as we could in that, while keeping our Premier League status. Which we were on course for doing both. I don't think you can get it in your head that juggling both is tough for any club, especially one the size of ours, with a lengthy injury list.

I had no problem with sacking Laudrup, he had lost interest and we needed a boost from somewhere. Unfortunately though information has since come to light on why it happened though.

Nonsense. Aside from the fact that the form since the Cup Final when it first dipped was 30 points in 34 games, that suggests staying up was far from looking likely, in fact it looked distinctly unlikely being 2 points above the drop and looking completely and utterly rudderless .

Expectations were for a good finish just like they were the year before and the year after. What was not an expectation was that our playing style would evaporate, discipline vanish, team ethos be non existent and effort levels of top management disintergrate.

This added to the fact him and his team were clearly running the transfer side of the club as a personal lottery windfall, he had to go.

Thankfully Monk was able to give an incredible showing in the Europa league while guiding us to a very respectable position considering the mess he inherited, including one of the most impressive and memorable derby victories of the modern era (a match I am certain we would have lost to concede the first ever Welch derby double after that lifeless away showing had we allowed his reign to fester on).

The season after was even better.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 8:05]

Mawson to West Ham on 08:05 - Jul 2 with 1463 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 01:06 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Yes he was. He bought Canas as replacement for Britton for a start (while Tutumlu reportedly creamed off 1.47m Euros for the transfer). The fact is Laudrup doesn't plan for any sort of future, he is a short term manager. Hence why he was here short term and things went to pot the longer he was here. 2 years tends to be his max, usually only a season - again why is that?

2002—2006 Brøndby
2007—2008 Getafe
2008—2009 Spartak Moscow
2010—2011 Mallorca
2012—2014 Swansea City
2014—2015 Lekhwiya
2016—present Al Rayyan

What do you mean we have no saleable assets? Alfie Mawson, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Federico Fernandez and Sam Clucas disagree with you - as did Fabianksi.

I love the fact you say ''fingers in the till'' and use it as a term not to describe Laudrups backroom team. You do realise that Tutumlu created a deal where he gets a slice of any sales right? You also realise we only used to really buy players he represented meaning he got any slice of sales too?

So when someone is essentially taxing our purchases and sales - how are we supposed to regenerate and replace then? This is what the thickos like yourself could not grasp and still cannot see.

That is why Huw Jenkins had to give him the boot. It was not a sustainable model and it became toxic both on and off the pitch.

The rest of your post is the type of ranting you would see scrawled on toilet walls with fingernails and blood. What has this Xmas fixtures got to do with anything? the form I have told you about spanned 34 games, crossing two seasons. It was pathetic.

Okay good you understand the fact that we started to wane when half our backbone started to get worse due to age. Great, nw you are getting somewhere. Now trace the decline back to that and you will get a smoother decline as opposed to tracing it back to Laudrups exit when we get an extreme upward trajectory. Then ask yourself why that is.

What an entertaining poster you are. Daft as a brush, but entertaining.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 4:35]

<<What do you mean we have no saleable assets? Alfie Mawson, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Federico Fernandez and Sam Clucas disagree with you - as did Fabianksi. >>

Alfie - £20m, with £3m needing to go to Barnsley, decent money, give you that one.
Andre Ayew - Unbelievable you put him in that bracket, massive loss whichever way you look at it.
Ayew - We'll see what he goes for, won't be much.
Fernandez - £6mill has been quoted, drop in the ocean.
Sam Clucas - The great "business" transfer certified by the expert E20, he's coming off the back of two relegations in a row, performed poorly in the most part, another massive loss.

You didn't mention Bony, supposedly earning massive money, plus a hefty transfer fee, how will that one go?

It's been an absolute disaster few transfer windows under Jenkins, millions and millions wasted.
Mawson to West Ham on 08:10 - Jul 2 with 1450 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 08:05 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

<<What do you mean we have no saleable assets? Alfie Mawson, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Federico Fernandez and Sam Clucas disagree with you - as did Fabianksi. >>

Alfie - £20m, with £3m needing to go to Barnsley, decent money, give you that one.
Andre Ayew - Unbelievable you put him in that bracket, massive loss whichever way you look at it.
Ayew - We'll see what he goes for, won't be much.
Fernandez - £6mill has been quoted, drop in the ocean.
Sam Clucas - The great "business" transfer certified by the expert E20, he's coming off the back of two relegations in a row, performed poorly in the most part, another massive loss.

You didn't mention Bony, supposedly earning massive money, plus a hefty transfer fee, how will that one go?

It's been an absolute disaster few transfer windows under Jenkins, millions and millions wasted.

It isn’t about making a loss, we were relegated, that happens. Saleable assets is what the point was - unless you have since changed it?

Ironically the signings under Laudrup yielded a grand total of about zero.

I didn’t say Clucas was a great business decision, you are making thins up again as usual as your standpoint is weak. I said signing him or someone of his ilk (British, right age bracket, position) means his value would depretiate a lot less than a foreign import should the same happen to them... you know like the £30m people wanted us to pay for Viera who went to play in China for a pittance.

Mawson to West Ham on 08:17 - Jul 2 with 1430 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 08:10 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

It isn’t about making a loss, we were relegated, that happens. Saleable assets is what the point was - unless you have since changed it?

Ironically the signings under Laudrup yielded a grand total of about zero.

I didn’t say Clucas was a great business decision, you are making thins up again as usual as your standpoint is weak. I said signing him or someone of his ilk (British, right age bracket, position) means his value would depretiate a lot less than a foreign import should the same happen to them... you know like the £30m people wanted us to pay for Viera who went to play in China for a pittance.

I said we should have signed someone in the same mould as Viera, attacking midfielder with a bit of creativity about them, if not Viera then someone else as we were desperately short of it, and I was proved right, we went down scoring with the lowest goals scored.

Clucas value hasn't dropped then? I think it has, significantly aswell.
Mawson to West Ham on 08:19 - Jul 2 with 1422 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 08:17 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

I said we should have signed someone in the same mould as Viera, attacking midfielder with a bit of creativity about them, if not Viera then someone else as we were desperately short of it, and I was proved right, we went down scoring with the lowest goals scored.

Clucas value hasn't dropped then? I think it has, significantly aswell.

Aye we all did. I reckon we should have signed someone to score us 40 goals a season too, I am right it seems.

Of course his value has gone down, not as much as if he was foreign though as British players hold their value more. Thats football business 101.

I know you like the challenge of being obtuse but you aren’t that stupid.

Mawson to West Ham on 08:26 - Jul 2 with 1411 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 08:19 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Aye we all did. I reckon we should have signed someone to score us 40 goals a season too, I am right it seems.

Of course his value has gone down, not as much as if he was foreign though as British players hold their value more. Thats football business 101.

I know you like the challenge of being obtuse but you aren’t that stupid.

You were happy with the Clucas signing, without even worrying about the attributes he was bringing. You thought about it financially and not in a footballing context. If Viera was unrealistic financially, then I agree, move on to the next target. The Clucas signing ended up being a bad one on both counts...

Anyway, we have discussed this before, the "sound" business decisions that were made that window, according to you, ended up costing us premier league status, which in turn cost the club millions.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 8:26]
Login to get fewer ads

Mawson to West Ham on 08:40 - Jul 2 with 1383 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 08:26 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

You were happy with the Clucas signing, without even worrying about the attributes he was bringing. You thought about it financially and not in a footballing context. If Viera was unrealistic financially, then I agree, move on to the next target. The Clucas signing ended up being a bad one on both counts...

Anyway, we have discussed this before, the "sound" business decisions that were made that window, according to you, ended up costing us premier league status, which in turn cost the club millions.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 8:26]

What on earth are you wittering on about now? Where did I ever describe Clucas as an attacking midfielder? (A position I stated we needed repeatedly). I was happy with Clucas as a signing, but in no way did I ever claim it was the attacking signing we needed, wanting me to have said something and me actually saying it are very differing things.

The sound business decisions almost did the impossible and keep us up. If we would have let the team go stagnant or bought players for £30m that go to China for a pittance we wouldn’t have even had a shot at it.

You are flogging a dead horse with this particular vendetta I am sorry to tell you. But I appreciate you trying at least.

Mawson to West Ham on 09:46 - Jul 2 with 1312 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 08:40 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

What on earth are you wittering on about now? Where did I ever describe Clucas as an attacking midfielder? (A position I stated we needed repeatedly). I was happy with Clucas as a signing, but in no way did I ever claim it was the attacking signing we needed, wanting me to have said something and me actually saying it are very differing things.

The sound business decisions almost did the impossible and keep us up. If we would have let the team go stagnant or bought players for £30m that go to China for a pittance we wouldn’t have even had a shot at it.

You are flogging a dead horse with this particular vendetta I am sorry to tell you. But I appreciate you trying at least.

When did I say you thought Clucas was an attacking midfielder? I said you heralded the signing due to it making "sound business sense", which it didn't by the way, it was a disaster. The funds used on the Clucas move should have gone on an attacking midfielder, whether that had been Viera, or the next.

Those "sound business" decisons were made in the summer, it's never mission impossible when you have a full season in front of you, in what what was a relatively poor premier league compared to other years, especially the bottom half.
Mawson to West Ham on 09:57 - Jul 2 with 1307 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 09:46 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

When did I say you thought Clucas was an attacking midfielder? I said you heralded the signing due to it making "sound business sense", which it didn't by the way, it was a disaster. The funds used on the Clucas move should have gone on an attacking midfielder, whether that had been Viera, or the next.

Those "sound business" decisons were made in the summer, it's never mission impossible when you have a full season in front of you, in what what was a relatively poor premier league compared to other years, especially the bottom half.

Your last two posts suggested that I was happy with signing Clucas instead of an attacking midfielder, if not then why are you equating the two? I didn’t “herald” it either, I said I was happy with the signing as it was a safer option business wise (which it was and still is) and you are absolutely wrong that we should have soent it on Viera who went to China for a pittance.

It doesn’t matter when those “sound business decisions” were made, our squad was painfully weak the season before. We had to try the almost impossible task of regenerating and had to do it via “sound business decisions”. This is selling players that refuse to play for us and those that are injured with months left in their contract. We then had to invest in the most risk way free possible, which we did.

Your silly point hinges on the fact of we signed others we would be better - there is no evidence of that which makes your point as pointless as our contribution to this board.

Mawson to West Ham on 10:17 - Jul 2 with 1273 viewsmajorraglan

Mawson to West Ham on 03:40 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Yeah he certainly wasn't trying to sell him because he earned 7.5% from the sale, he had the good of the club at heart. Lovely agent he was.

Laudrup has been disinterested in nearly every club he has been to.

Laudrup and Tutumlu were there to take the club for whatever they could.

All agents take a percentage of the sale, it’s what they do. Most of them are leeches and parasites and I would eliminate them from the game if I could. That said, if I had to pay an agent then it would be for their role in bringing in a tidy player to the club or moving one on at a good price.

Some of the business done by Laudrup was outstanding, Michu was a top signing, Chico was also very good, Hernandez was good but a little injury prone. Some weren’t so good for the club, but they were by enlarge better than the more recent signings and cheaper.
Mawson to West Ham on 10:17 - Jul 2 with 1271 viewsLeonWasGod

Mawson to West Ham on 09:57 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Your last two posts suggested that I was happy with signing Clucas instead of an attacking midfielder, if not then why are you equating the two? I didn’t “herald” it either, I said I was happy with the signing as it was a safer option business wise (which it was and still is) and you are absolutely wrong that we should have soent it on Viera who went to China for a pittance.

It doesn’t matter when those “sound business decisions” were made, our squad was painfully weak the season before. We had to try the almost impossible task of regenerating and had to do it via “sound business decisions”. This is selling players that refuse to play for us and those that are injured with months left in their contract. We then had to invest in the most risk way free possible, which we did.

Your silly point hinges on the fact of we signed others we would be better - there is no evidence of that which makes your point as pointless as our contribution to this board.

Feck me, you're everywhere. A hobby could be your friend
Mawson to West Ham on 10:20 - Jul 2 with 1267 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 10:17 - Jul 2 by LeonWasGod

Feck me, you're everywhere. A hobby could be your friend

Not everywhere, just on the threads where the regular obsessives are making me their raison d’être and arguing anythjing i say, even if they are facts. It’s wonderful entertainment.

Mawson to West Ham on 10:28 - Jul 2 with 1250 viewsKerouac

Dear readers,

E20 and 'The Res' were very happy with last summer's transfer business.
They claimed we were in for a good season.
We were relegated.

I, on the other hand, stated "Clement should resign as he has been hung out to dry" on the close of the transfer window.
He didn't. Was sacked. We were relegated.

E20 is still claiming that he called that window right and defends "sound business decisions"....
Who called it right?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 10:29]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Mawson to West Ham on 10:33 - Jul 2 with 1240 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 10:28 - Jul 2 by Kerouac

Dear readers,

E20 and 'The Res' were very happy with last summer's transfer business.
They claimed we were in for a good season.
We were relegated.

I, on the other hand, stated "Clement should resign as he has been hung out to dry" on the close of the transfer window.
He didn't. Was sacked. We were relegated.

E20 is still claiming that he called that window right and defends "sound business decisions"....
Who called it right?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 10:29]

Dear readers.

1) Where did I say we were in for a good season? I didn’t. That’s like me saying ”Kerouac said Bony would score 112 and he didn’t”.

2) so you were wrong about Clement resigning then? Pretty stupid if you tothink someone would give up their contract. Your powers of judgement seem a little questionable.

3) Where did I say I called the transfer window right? I don’t even know what that means, so clearly haven’t said that. Thats like me saying “Kerouac said he called Tranmere Rivera youth dealings correct and he didn’t, they wer rubbish”.

So a fantastic work of fiction my friend. But an awful waste of time too.

[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 10:45]

Mawson to West Ham on 10:36 - Jul 2 with 1233 viewsswan65split

Mawson to West Ham on 10:17 - Jul 2 by majorraglan

All agents take a percentage of the sale, it’s what they do. Most of them are leeches and parasites and I would eliminate them from the game if I could. That said, if I had to pay an agent then it would be for their role in bringing in a tidy player to the club or moving one on at a good price.

Some of the business done by Laudrup was outstanding, Michu was a top signing, Chico was also very good, Hernandez was good but a little injury prone. Some weren’t so good for the club, but they were by enlarge better than the more recent signings and cheaper.

We were all a happier bunch then, weve been turned into a cauldron by the sellouts.
Mawson to West Ham on 12:55 - Jul 2 with 1154 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 09:57 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

My post on me apparently wanting Viera. On your thread, August 21st:

<<Not Viera as such, but someone with the attributes he allegedly has. Like you said, I personally haven't seen him play, only the standard YouTube videos.
We need someone who can pick a pass, or has the bit of skill needed to unlock a defence, we can't rely on set pieces this year.>>
Mawson to West Ham on 13:00 - Jul 2 with 1141 viewsdobjack2

Mawson to West Ham on 06:45 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Monkball in that first year was better than anything we saw in the year we sacked Laudrup.

that is your argument not mine.

Mine is that although it was successful for one whole season Monkball worried me as it was dismantling the reasons for our success and turning us into an identikit premier team with less resources than similar teams.
Mawson to West Ham on 13:03 - Jul 2 with 1135 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 13:00 - Jul 2 by dobjack2

Mine is that although it was successful for one whole season Monkball worried me as it was dismantling the reasons for our success and turning us into an identikit premier team with less resources than similar teams.

Well said. Many others took the same view.
Mawson to West Ham on 13:12 - Jul 2 with 1111 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 12:55 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

My post on me apparently wanting Viera. On your thread, August 21st:

<<Not Viera as such, but someone with the attributes he allegedly has. Like you said, I personally haven't seen him play, only the standard YouTube videos.
We need someone who can pick a pass, or has the bit of skill needed to unlock a defence, we can't rely on set pieces this year.>>

Yet you mentioned no names. It’s pretty easy to state we need a player that can score, beat people, pick passes and unlock defences. Doesn’t every fan and club want that?

I am unsure what point you are proving with that nothing statement.

Here’s one for you. We need a striker that is strong, can hold the ball ip, score loads and be very quick.

What a judge.

Mawson to West Ham on 13:15 - Jul 2 with 1102 viewsE20Jack

It isn’t an argument it is a fact.

Whether you were worried about Monk ball or not is irrelevant. It was still better than what we saw for the previous 12 months under Laudrup.

An identikit PL team is infinitely more desirable than a team that cannot pass, tackle or shoot. The key was to find a way to get back to our old ways, we weren’t able to.

The change of style started with Laudrup who played with narrower width and liked to play through the middle instead of pace outside as had become identifiable with us.

Mawson to West Ham on 13:18 - Jul 2 with 1088 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 13:12 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Yet you mentioned no names. It’s pretty easy to state we need a player that can score, beat people, pick passes and unlock defences. Doesn’t every fan and club want that?

I am unsure what point you are proving with that nothing statement.

Here’s one for you. We need a striker that is strong, can hold the ball ip, score loads and be very quick.

What a judge.

F*ck me, I don't know how else to spell this out for you.

We needed an attacking midfield player, the money used on Clucas, should have gone on that, we pay scouts to find the players who are meant to have the attiributes I mentioned within our price range. I didn't say to go and sign Iniesta did I?

Instead we paid out a large sum of money, for a player we didn't really need. My point is the £16m, which again, you said was a sound business decision, could, and should have been used elsewhere, therefore making it a sh*t business decision.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 13:19]
Mawson to West Ham on 13:26 - Jul 2 with 1064 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 13:18 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck me, I don't know how else to spell this out for you.

We needed an attacking midfield player, the money used on Clucas, should have gone on that, we pay scouts to find the players who are meant to have the attiributes I mentioned within our price range. I didn't say to go and sign Iniesta did I?

Instead we paid out a large sum of money, for a player we didn't really need. My point is the £16m, which again, you said was a sound business decision, could, and should have been used elsewhere, therefore making it a sh*t business decision.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 13:19]

No, you didn’t say to sign anybody at all. You gave a list of generic attributes that a child could make up and are now claiming some kind of victory off the back of it? Truly bizarre. I will do it too, we need a keeper that is good in the air, can save lots of shots, has good distribution and handling. We also need a defender that is good in the air, is commanding, pacey and strong. If we concede in the first game I will say “see I was right”.

It’s not either or, I was commenting on the signing. It is, was and always will be a “smart business decision” of all the names mentioned regardless of how many times you put it in quotation marks. Find me a quote of mine saying we now don’t need an attacking midfielder and I show you a fabricated quote.

Your argument is strawman.

Mawson to West Ham on 13:30 - Jul 2 with 1049 viewsswan65split

Too true, I was rubbished by family and friends for saying this as it was happening,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024