Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! 14:35 - Jun 27 with 11674 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'm loving this.

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:20 - Jun 27 with 2146 viewsNeath_Jack

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:11 - Jun 27 by jackal

Potter knows how to get the fans onside.

Great move. Welcome back Curt.

Do you think Potter had even heard of him before?

We all know who has “suggested” this appointment to him, so I’m just waiting for the, “well done Huw” posts. Just for balance like.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:26 - Jun 27 with 2127 viewsjackal

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:20 - Jun 27 by Neath_Jack

We all know who has “suggested” this appointment to him, so I’m just waiting for the, “well done Huw” posts. Just for balance like.

I'd like to think that Potter had done his homework on the club.

You're probably right that it was Huw.

Either way, it's a good move and crowd pleaser.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:28 - Jun 27 with 2125 viewsFireboy2

I suspect as potter is a clever man he will have done his homework on the club before he got the job and he will realise what curt means the the club and the club to curt

Great move imo
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:30 - Jun 27 with 2117 viewsNeath_Jack

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:28 - Jun 27 by Fireboy2

I suspect as potter is a clever man he will have done his homework on the club before he got the job and he will realise what curt means the the club and the club to curt

Great move imo

Yes, that will be it. Definitely.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:41 - Jun 27 with 2081 viewsFireboy2

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:30 - Jun 27 by Neath_Jack

Do i detect a slight bit of sarcasm there NJ?
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:47 - Jun 27 with 2063 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 17:05 - Jun 27 by Neath_Jack

Call me cynical but I don’t believe Potter has asked for this, why would he?

Great player, swans legend etc, but is he the best assistant coach out there?

And I definitely don’t get the fawning over the appointment.

Why would he?

Curtis has a wealth of knowledge and experience working with a range of Managers and has more recent experience in British football than Potter.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 19:04 - Jun 27 with 2019 viewsLeonWasGod

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:30 - Jun 27 by Neath_Jack

Cynical bĂƒÂŒgger! You may well be right, but I don’t see this as a regressive move however it came about. We’ve all been calling for a bit of continuity and a bit more of ‘the Swansea way’. Curt’s been through it all and there’s nobody better out there to tell the players what it means to play for us. He was plenty good enough in the PL, so no reason to think he can’t be good for us again.

Easy to be cynical though - it does also smell of a publicity stunt. It could easily also be a classic Huw falling back on what he knows because he’s no other ideas.

Even if those are true it’s still a good move for the team imo. Let’s hope he starts to put some heart back into us.

Edit - I think it always speaks volumes about Potter that he’s prepared to have Curt back. He’s obviously strong/confident enough to not feel threatened by a more experienced Swans legend knocking around the place.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 19:06]
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 19:09 - Jun 27 with 2004 viewsFireboy2

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 19:04 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

Cynical bĂƒÂŒgger! You may well be right, but I don’t see this as a regressive move however it came about. We’ve all been calling for a bit of continuity and a bit more of ‘the Swansea way’. Curt’s been through it all and there’s nobody better out there to tell the players what it means to play for us. He was plenty good enough in the PL, so no reason to think he can’t be good for us again.

Easy to be cynical though - it does also smell of a publicity stunt. It could easily also be a classic Huw falling back on what he knows because he’s no other ideas.

Even if those are true it’s still a good move for the team imo. Let’s hope he starts to put some heart back into us.

Edit - I think it always speaks volumes about Potter that he’s prepared to have Curt back. He’s obviously strong/confident enough to not feel threatened by a more experienced Swans legend knocking around the place.

Your last paragraph is right on the mark leon
Login to get fewer ads

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 19:17 - Jun 27 with 1978 viewsNeath_Jack

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 19:04 - Jun 27 by LeonWasGod

There's a lot more to coaching football than this romantic nonsense about "knowing what it means to play for us".

Is he the best assistant coach out there? I'd hazard a guess that he's not. If this was a former tea boy/scout from another club, you and the others would be going apoplectic over Huw appointing someone cheap again. But because its Curtis, it's all good.

As for your edit, it could also suggest that Potter is already a yes man, that you and the others like to scream and shout about.

I've not suggested it's a bad appointment by the way, just trying to put some balance into the hysterics on here because their boyhood hero has been given a role on the coaching staff.

It's nice to see you post something positive for a change anyway.

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 19:27 - Jun 27 with 1954 views34dfgdf54

No way in a millions years is this a Huw appointment.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 19:32 - Jun 27 with 1936 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Wasn’t Curt alongside Laudrup during our most successful season?

He’s definitely not a manager but he’s a very good man to have around the first team.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:00 - Jun 27 with 1878 viewsGowerjack

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 15:32 - Jun 27 by jasper_T

That'll distract people for a while.

Yep.

That Judas prick Jenkins is still there pulling the strings weaving his deceitful web.

The absolute cûnt.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:03 - Jun 27 with 1865 viewsGowerjack

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:28 - Jun 27 by Fireboy2

Great move imo

You know there's no Father Christmas don't you?

Plastic since 1974

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:05 - Jun 27 with 1857 viewsFireboy2

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:03 - Jun 27 by Gowerjack

You know there's no Father Christmas don't you?

WHAAAAAAATTTTTTT
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:08 - Jun 27 with 1839 viewsGowerjack

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:05 - Jun 27 by Fireboy2

WHAAAAAAATTTTTTT

It's just that you'd have to naive in the extreme to believe this is nothing but a cynical ploy by that useless big nosed cûnt Jenkins.

Potter had nothing to do with this appointment.

PS there's no tooth fairy either...

Plastic since 1974

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:10 - Jun 27 with 1829 viewsmajorraglan

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 19:27 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Why do you say that? Its a good way to get the fans on board and take some of the attention away from last season.

I
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:20 - Jun 27 with 1798 viewshydraulicjack

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 17:05 - Jun 27 by Neath_Jack

Call me cynical but I don’t believe Potter has asked for this, why would he?

Great player, swans legend etc, but is he the best assistant coach out there?

And I definitely don’t get the fawning over the appointment.

I have to agree this appointment has nothing to do with potter..its just to keep the masses happy for a while and is a complete distraction to the fact that we have bought SFA yet again....

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:27 - Jun 27 with 1784 viewsraynor94

100% correct, there's some very gullible people posting on here, undoubtedly a Jenkins appointment

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:33 - Jun 27 with 1766 viewsJacket

He was in Brenda's backroom team, and Laudrup increased his roll upon Pascoe's departure along with Brenda. He was instantly pushed down the pecking order under Monk, in favour of a pair of idiots that let Monk down badly. He hanged on in there under Guido and Bobbley, again in a lesser role, before being cast aside by Clement. In conclusion, he had big roles under our most successful managers and got cast aside by our most clueless managers. I'd rather take Laudrup's word on how good he is than Clement's.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:34 - Jun 27 with 1764 viewsFireboy2

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:08 - Jun 27 by Gowerjack

It's just that you'd have to naive in the extreme to believe this is nothing but a cynical ploy by that useless big nosed cûnt Jenkins.

Potter had nothing to do with this appointment.

PS there's no tooth fairy either...

Do you know GJ you are tvvat

Seriously though,im quite a postive person(even after what the sellouts did)

I really believe this guy is the real deal,he has iirc a degree in psychology and this coupled with his experience as a player has helped him do what he did at ostersund

My only concern is the swedish top division isnt as good as the championship

But hes at an age where he wants a challenge and by feck we are a challenge

Especially that noseybonk looks like he has reneged on his unofficial agreement that he would step down
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:22 - Jun 27 with 1650 viewslonglostjack

I really didn’t like it at Palace when Clement ran down the steps and tried to show that he was giving Curt advice after we’d scored. So what if it’s HJ’s recommendation? It shows that he understands the DNA of the club. Just cut his salary by at least 50% , keep him away from the transfers and pursue legal action Trust.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:47 - Jun 27 with 1618 views34dfgdf54

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:10 - Jun 27 by majorraglan

Why do you say that? Its a good way to get the fans on board and take some of the attention away from last season.

I

Curtis and Jenkins don’t get on.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:49 - Jun 27 with 1609 viewsDarran

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:47 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Curtis and Jenkins don’t get on.

Don’t talk such utter nonsense. There’s not a person on the planet Alan doesn’t get on with.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:50 - Jun 27 with 1601 viewsexiledclaseboy

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 19:27 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Why? Seems more likely to me than it being a Potter brainchild. It won’t be the first time we’ve insisted that an incoming manager puts Curt on the coaching staff.

Poll: Tory leader

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:50 - Jun 27 with 1597 viewsGowerjack

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:49 - Jun 27 by Darran

Don’t talk such utter nonsense. There’s not a person on the planet Alan doesn’t get on with.

Is he a big Cheap Trick fan Dar?

Plastic since 1974

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024