Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! 14:35 - Jun 27 with 11672 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'm loving this.

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:51 - Jun 27 with 2347 viewsFireboy2

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:49 - Jun 27 by Darran

Don’t talk such utter nonsense. There’s not a person on the planet Alan doesn’t get on with.

There is

You
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:54 - Jun 27 with 2343 views34dfgdf54

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:49 - Jun 27 by Darran

Don’t talk such utter nonsense. There’s not a person on the planet Alan doesn’t get on with.

I should have said “in my opinion” in my post.

But I think it’s pretty obvious. He was the first one to talk to the media after relegation and for me he give it to Jenkins regarding going away from our principles with transfers etc. Also, he has family members who are publicly in the “Jenkins out” camp.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Jenkins would happily bomb Curt out, but he knows fully well what the reaction would be.

Genuinely think this is a Potter decision.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:57 - Jun 27 with 2336 viewsDarran

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:54 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

But I think it’s pretty obvious. He was the first one to talk to the media after relegation and for me he give it to Jenkins regarding going away from our principles with transfers etc. Also, he has family members who are publicly in the “Jenkins out” camp.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Jenkins would happily bomb Curt out, but he knows fully well what the reaction would be.

Potter had probably never heard of him untill last week.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:59 - Jun 27 with 2329 viewsFireboy2

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:57 - Jun 27 by Darran

I beg to differ darran

Potter is a clever man
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:59 - Jun 27 with 2328 views34dfgdf54

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:57 - Jun 27 by Darran

According to him they’ve known eachother a while through mutual friends, who I’m assuming is Martinez and Jones. Potter has been with us plenty of times over the years before taking Osterstunds job and Curtis would have been around.

Not saying they are best of buddies but they would have met previously plenty of times.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:02 - Jun 27 with 2320 viewsthornabyswan

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 20:33 - Jun 27 by Jacket

He was in Brenda's backroom team, and Laudrup increased his roll upon Pascoe's departure along with Brenda. He was instantly pushed down the pecking order under Monk, in favour of a pair of idiots that let Monk down badly. He hanged on in there under Guido and Bobbley, again in a lesser role, before being cast aside by Clement. In conclusion, he had big roles under our most successful managers and got cast aside by our most clueless managers. I'd rather take Laudrup's word on how good he is than Clement's.

He knew to much for Clement and Monk and they felt threatened.
Laudrup and Potter have a bit more about them.
Jenkins may have suggested it but so what it's a good move and that's all that matters.
If Potter said no it would not have happened.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:13 - Jun 27 with 2280 viewsCooperman

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:28 - Jun 27 by Fireboy2

I suspect as potter is a clever man he will have done his homework on the club before he got the job and he will realise what curt means the the club and the club to curt

Great move imo

Would you like to buy some magic beans?

This reeks of our DoF showing his hand for the first time this season and in the vain hope that everyone is moving on from recent debacles.

Club legend - yes
Coach of a squad that is likely to need integrating - no

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:20 - Jun 27 with 2267 viewsGowerjack

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:13 - Jun 27 by Cooperman

Would you like to buy some magic beans?

This reeks of our DoF showing his hand for the first time this season and in the vain hope that everyone is moving on from recent debacles.

Club legend - yes
Coach of a squad that is likely to need integrating - no

Spot on.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:26 - Jun 27 with 2253 viewsjackportis

Who the hell is going to look after the on loan players.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:39 - Jun 27 with 2220 viewsmajorraglan

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:26 - Jun 27 by jackportis

Probably won’t have enough left to go out on loan .

On a serious note, I think it is important that someone looks after the players on loan and that that person has a good relationship with Potter so there is a good line of communication re performance levels etc.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:49 - Jun 27 with 2205 viewsE20Jack

Excellent news. Someone who knows the standards expected when representing this club.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:51 - Jun 27 with 2202 viewsJacket

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:26 - Jun 27 by jackportis

A Premier League stipulation I think, so Huw was looking for something for him to do. And to be honest, I don't really care if it was Huw that got the idea.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 23:24 - Jun 27 with 2150 viewsKilkennyjack

Great news.

Factually Potter lacks experience in the English leagues.
King Curt has vast experience, so just perfect to have around.

Much better than any option involving , say, young Tosh and/or former postie Waggy.

I am firmly ‘on side’ for as long as the great man wants to contribute.
There is no downside for this one.

Beware of the Risen People

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 23:39 - Jun 27 with 2126 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don’t care who’s decision it was so long as Potter is happy if it wasn’t his.

We may dislike Jenkins intensely but that doesn’t mean that every decision he makes is automatically wrong. Potter is bringing some of his staff with him and Curt is a link with the club’s history and recent (and not so recent) successes.

Good move.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 00:01 - Jun 28 with 2100 viewsPozuelosSideys

This season, and the couple after that, is just as much a rebuild of club culture as it is a rebuild of the squad. Good move.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 00:01 - Jun 28 with 2100 viewsMagic_Michu

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 18:20 - Jun 27 by Neath_Jack

Do you think Potter had even heard of him before?

We all know who has “suggested” this appointment to him, so I’m just waiting for the, “well done Huw” posts. Just for balance like.

Potter would definitely have known Curtis... potter came watch us train lots when Martinez was manager

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 06:04 - Jun 28 with 2015 viewsjack247

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 21:54 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

This is Jenkins trying to curry favour with the fans. And it will work.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 06:21 - Jun 28 with 2003 views34dfgdf54

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 06:04 - Jun 28 by jack247

This is Jenkins trying to curry favour with the fans. And it will work.

Disagree.

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but even if you are right, I still feel exactly the same now about Jenkins than I did before Curtis was appointed. I despise the bloke and the day he goes can’t come soon enough.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 06:25 - Jun 28 with 1999 viewsSwaneeRiver

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 22:49 - Jun 27 by E20Jack

Excellent news. Someone who knows the standards expected when representing this club.

100%
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 06:52 - Jun 28 with 1986 viewsjack247

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 06:21 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

Disagree.

Obviously I can only speak for myself, but even if you are right, I still feel exactly the same now about Jenkins than I did before Curtis was appointed. I despise the bloke and the day he goes can’t come soon enough.

I’m almost disappointed in this.

Not in the appointment itself, he’d die for the club and has always done well for us. More because (to me at least) it shows that Jenkins can’t sit back and let the professionals do their job. To me, this indicates he will have a big say in which players we bring in as well. He should be giving Potter parameters and near enough free reign within them.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 07:46 - Jun 28 with 1951 views34dfgdf54

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 06:52 - Jun 28 by jack247

I’m almost disappointed in this.

Not in the appointment itself, he’d die for the club and has always done well for us. More because (to me at least) it shows that Jenkins can’t sit back and let the professionals do their job. To me, this indicates he will have a big say in which players we bring in as well. He should be giving Potter parameters and near enough free reign within them.

I honestly don't know why everyone is so sure this is a Jenkins appointment.

1: Potter knows Curtis from before
2: Martinez and Jones would have spoke highly about him to Potter
3: He's into things like getting the community together and everyone pushing in the same direction, what better way to start this by appointing Curtis? He's a legend in Swansea.
4: I don't think Curtis and Jenkins get on, as I said in a previous post, Curtis went in on him in the first interview after relegation, and people close to him have all called for Jenkins head.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 08:39 - Jun 28 with 1910 viewsjack247

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 07:46 - Jun 28 by 34dfgdf54

I honestly don't know why everyone is so sure this is a Jenkins appointment.

1: Potter knows Curtis from before
2: Martinez and Jones would have spoke highly about him to Potter
3: He's into things like getting the community together and everyone pushing in the same direction, what better way to start this by appointing Curtis? He's a legend in Swansea.
4: I don't think Curtis and Jenkins get on, as I said in a previous post, Curtis went in on him in the first interview after relegation, and people close to him have all called for Jenkins head.

Because it smacks of pacifying the fans in between relegation, selling off our best players and (probably) an uninspiring incoming transfer window.

It’s the kind of wormy trick he pulls. Like putting Curt and then Leon in charge when he’s been under pressure in the past.
Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 08:51 - Jun 28 with 1892 viewsDarran

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 08:39 - Jun 28 by jack247

Because it smacks of pacifying the fans in between relegation, selling off our best players and (probably) an uninspiring incoming transfer window.

It’s the kind of wormy trick he pulls. Like putting Curt and then Leon in charge when he’s been under pressure in the past.

They’ll probably announce a role for Angel next week on the day we arrive back for pre-season training with no new players.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 10:26 - Jun 28 with 1803 viewsjack247

Potter adds ALAN CURTIS to his staff!! on 08:51 - Jun 28 by Darran

They’ll probably announce a role for Angel next week on the day we arrive back for pre-season training with no new players.

After spending big on Borja, Bony, Mesa and Clucas, plus the loan fees and wages for Sanches, arguably Tammy, over the last two seasons, on top of going through four managers, it amazes me the Americans retain any confidence in him.

Have to admit I was more than happy with a few of those signings at the time, but I’m not paid huge money to get those decisions right and keep us in the PL.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024