Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberto Martinez 21:38 - Jun 28 with 17822 viewsSgorioFruit

Turned Swansea City FC into one of the most attractive playing football clubs in the whole of the British isles. Massively influential in putting the foundations in for SCFC to become a model club that would rise from league 1 to Premier league in a matter of few years.
And he has also just beaten England in a World Cup game.
If you were told that was going to happen while he was playing for us down the vetch you would have thought you were dreaming.

I’d like to buy that man a pint.

Please discuss.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Roberto Martinez on 21:41 - Jun 28 with 4294 viewsjack247

You could make a similar case for Huw Jenkins.

Greed soured it here for the pair of them.
Roberto Martinez on 21:45 - Jun 28 with 4270 viewsJango

You can’t compare Martinez’s situation with Jenkins mun.
Roberto Martinez on 21:49 - Jun 28 with 4249 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 21:45 - Jun 28 by Jango

You can in that they were absolute saviours here, then turned themselves into pariahs.

Martinez did it for his career
Jenkins did it for his wallet.

I’m not saying leaving us for PL Wigan is as bad as selling us to an incompetent hedge fund, but they both fell from grace pretty spectacularly and for similarish reasons.
Roberto Martinez on 21:50 - Jun 28 with 4245 viewsBadlands

Roberto Martinez on 21:45 - Jun 28 by Jango

Well done Roberto and team.
Not afraid of winning and not afraid of Japan.
(Aren't the English sick of being embarrassed by the Boys from Brussels?)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Roberto Martinez on 21:52 - Jun 28 with 4229 viewsKilkennyjack

Considering how good this new England side is made out to be, then Roberto must be the greatest manager of all time to beat them tonight (apart from Cookie obvs).

Robert and Thierry - proving that the nice guys do win.

YJB. Lets hope you win the whole thing and bring it to the Liberty for a lap of honour. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇧🇪🇪🇸

Beware of the Risen People

Roberto Martinez on 21:52 - Jun 28 with 4229 viewsTNT

Nice one, Roberto.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Roberto Martinez on 21:52 - Jun 28 with 4228 viewsProfessor

I felt quite hurt when he left. Still a disappointment but having Sousa and Brendon made us more a sound defensive unit which led to the eventual promotion. With retrospect Roberto changed the club. The League One Championship team were the most entertaining team I have ever watched. It was a sad time with my dad slowly dying and a challenging time in work. Once a month ( more frequently later) I would make that long drive down.
Breakfast at Newton, chips from Rossi’s followed by that wonderful team which lightened my gloom. For that I will always have affection for Don Roberto
Roberto Martinez on 21:54 - Jun 28 with 4202 viewsKilkennyjack

Roberto Martinez on 21:52 - Jun 28 by Professor

I felt quite hurt when he left. Still a disappointment but having Sousa and Brendon made us more a sound defensive unit which led to the eventual promotion. With retrospect Roberto changed the club. The League One Championship team were the most entertaining team I have ever watched. It was a sad time with my dad slowly dying and a challenging time in work. Once a month ( more frequently later) I would make that long drive down.
Breakfast at Newton, chips from Rossi’s followed by that wonderful team which lightened my gloom. For that I will always have affection for Don Roberto

👏

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Roberto Martinez on 21:55 - Jun 28 with 4196 viewsDr_Winston

Roberto Martinez on 21:49 - Jun 28 by jack247

You can in that they were absolute saviours here, then turned themselves into pariahs.

Martinez did it for his career
Jenkins did it for his wallet.

I’m not saying leaving us for PL Wigan is as bad as selling us to an incompetent hedge fund, but they both fell from grace pretty spectacularly and for similarish reasons.

Ultimately Martinez did it for his wallet too.

He can go f*ck himself and the people falling over themselves to kiss his arse should be embarassed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Roberto Martinez on 21:56 - Jun 28 with 4187 viewsicecoldjack

Did amazing for us, was part of a magical time in our History more than once, but he is still a judas coont and he still stole all the family silver and left us right in the doo doo, with the remit for the next guy(sousa) to try and just keep us up.

I will never forget how he almost destroyed us before our great journey started building up steam, people forget that it's not so much of what Martinez did for us, it's more like what we did for him, taking him off the scrap heap of non league football at Chester and giving him a major boost that not one other person on the whole planet apart from Huw would have done, his repayment for that? dropping us in the crap at the first sign of a better offer, IMO Huw Jenkins wasn't quite the same bloke after that, it certainly soured his relationship with Sousa and left an effect on him years later.

Nah, fook him actually.

[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 21:59]
Roberto Martinez on 21:57 - Jun 28 with 4178 viewsJethroJack

Well done Roberto, beating England with your reserves 😁 Nice style of play too, made me nostalgic!

Apparently, 2nd placed England are now in the "easier" half of the draw....assuming they can get past Colombia, that is.

Southgate's confused...if I really wanted to win the game, I'd have sent on Harry Kane.

Ok, so you'd prefer Colombia to Japan, then? Righty-ho 😊

That Iceland defeat is obviously still having an effect on the psychology.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 21:59]
Roberto Martinez on 22:08 - Jun 28 with 4119 viewsOldjack

Some people have selective memories of El grease-ball the Judas

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Roberto Martinez on 22:10 - Jun 28 with 4105 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 22:08 - Jun 28 by Oldjack

Wonder if people will remember Jenkins fondly 10 years after he goes.

Martinez was absolutely hated at the time.
Roberto Martinez on 22:14 - Jun 28 with 4080 viewsbonymine

Roberto Martinez on 21:52 - Jun 28 by Professor

Simply lovely words my friend ......

Great memories will NEVER be forgotten ...both in football and in life so many, many memorable events ..

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 22:15]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Roberto Martinez on 22:17 - Jun 28 with 4056 viewsE20Jack

Yep agree with much of the above.

Probably wouldn’t be here without either Martinez or Jenkins and still be scratching around the bottom levels of the football league.

I am amazed how many know sentiment does not exist in football yet continually let it cloud their views.

One of the key figures in our incredible story and wish him all the luck in the world.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Roberto Martinez on 22:20 - Jun 28 with 4047 viewsBadlands

Roberto Martinez on 22:10 - Jun 28 by jack247

Wonder if people will remember Jenkins fondly 10 years after he goes.

Martinez was absolutely hated at the time.

Nothing can repay what Martines and Jenkins (board) did for us.
Nothing can excuse the way he left or what the board has done since Feb 3rd 2014

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Roberto Martinez on 22:21 - Jun 28 with 4045 viewsawayjack

Roberto Martinez on 22:08 - Jun 28 by Oldjack

Indeed. The abuse he received from 4K Jacks at an evening cup game in Wigan shows how he went from hero to zero.
Roberto Martinez on 22:22 - Jun 28 with 4036 viewscmajack

Roberto Martinez on 21:55 - Jun 28 by Dr_Winston

He can go f*ck himself and the people falling over themselves to kiss his arse should be embarassed.

Well said that man. My sentiments entirely.
Roberto Martinez on 22:26 - Jun 28 with 4021 viewsjackrabbit

Roberto Martinez on 21:55 - Jun 28 by Dr_Winston

You're the one who should be embarrassed, posting nonsense like that. He didn't run off with your wife did he? It's time to collect all your toys back into your pram. 🌝
Roberto Martinez on 22:33 - Jun 28 with 3981 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 22:20 - Jun 28 by Badlands

Nothing can repay what Martines and Jenkins (board) did for us.
Nothing can excuse the way he left or what the board has done since Feb 3rd 2014

Pretty much how I see it too.

Martinez was always going to move on at some point, Jenkins was always going to cash his chips. It’s the way they both did it with very little regard for the club who made them that sours their legacies.

At the same time, it’s impossible to argue with your first sentence.
Roberto Martinez on 22:39 - Jun 28 with 3961 viewsE20Jack

Lee Trundle left for his wallet too, as did Joe Allen, Leon Britton, Ashley Williams and Brendan Rodgers.

As no doubt Potter, Mawson and any of our signing we are yet to make will if given the chance after a bit of success.

Maybe we should save a bit of time and start slating them now.

Roberto Martinez on 22:41 - Jun 28 with 3929 viewsDarran

Martinez has a nasty streak running right through him. Saying that I’ve gone past caring,seeing him on the box managing Belgium means absolutely nothing to me.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Roberto Martinez on 22:48 - Jun 28 with 3922 viewsthornabyswan

Roberto Martinez on 22:39 - Jun 28 by E20Jack

Lee Trundle left for his wallet too, as did Joe Allen, Leon Britton, Ashley Williams and Brendan Rodgers.

As no doubt Potter, Mawson and any of our signing we are yet to make will if given the chance after a bit of success.

Maybe we should save a bit of time and start slating them now.

They threw me out as a player will have to do the same as a manager.
Did play some nice football under him though.
Wigan were relegated Everton were poor.
An ok manager who did well for us in the 3rd division and then shat all.over us.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Roberto Martinez on 22:56 - Jun 28 with 3879 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 22:48 - Jun 28 by thornabyswan

An ok manager who did well for us in the 3rd division and then shat all.over us.

The biggest problem was our naivety. We fell for all his smarmy bullshit and genuinely did believe it was more than just a stepping stone to him. He also said ‘I can achieve all I want to achieve at this club’ (paraphrased) and we bought that too.

As a fan, I’d rather have a bit of emotion than sit back and analyse things like that as a sensible business decision.
Roberto Martinez on 23:01 - Jun 28 with 3859 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 22:48 - Jun 28 by thornabyswan

3rd division, 2nd division and Chanpionship you mean? Then winning the FA Cup with Wigan.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024