Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clydach murders 21:38 - Jul 5 with 65049 viewsSwanzay

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/clydach-murders-killer-david-morri

Seems most of Swansea still highly suspect this a SWP stitch up, because of bent cops...
Clydach murders on 10:27 - Oct 28 with 2018 viewsraynor94

Clydach murders on 08:55 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

Please see my pm

Laughable!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Clydach murders on 10:28 - Oct 28 with 2029 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 10:20 - Oct 28 by Clydachian

There's no new evidence, He changed his story 5 times when the police confronted him with evidence.
Police officer in interview to Morris "Dave, is the gold chain yours?"
Morris "On my children's lives it is not my gold chain"

Guilty as sin !!

Like i said previously i am undecided about his guilt,yes he lied,nobody disputes that!!
I didnt actually say there was new evidence so unsure why you felt the need to reference me.
I am unsure of his guilt but i do feelthat SWP handled the case badly.
If they had handled everything better,there would not be this doubt hanging over his conviction if he is guilty.
All involved would have been able to move on with their lives.tge Dawson/power would have been able to grieve with out this being dredged up every few years and Dai Morris daughters and sister would gave been able to move on and distance themselves from this.
Clydach murders on 11:07 - Oct 28 with 1989 viewsexhmrc1

Clydach murders on 09:44 - Oct 28 by Yyy

I am not Morris sister but i do know that Mandy Jewell did not attend any school in Swansea,she is from Yorkshire and didn't move to wales until her early twenties after meeting her ex husband.
Mandy Jewell school days have no bearing on the case ,i was mearly pointing out everyone even those who feel in the know generally get things wrong.
I lived by her ex husband and her for reference

You are right that it doesnt matter where she went to school and it has no bearing on the case. As for the police they certainly didnt get everything right but that doesnt alter whether Morris is guilty or not.

It was a mistake not to use members of the local CID who knew so many in the area. I assume they did so because of the relationship between Mandy and Alison Lewis and wanted to avoid the accusation of bias.The local people were more likely to talk with people they knew from the locality than people from elsewhere in South Wales.

They way they handled the arrest of the Lewis family was a disgrace and this is a large part of the reason people are suspicious of the verdict. It should never have been done publicly and like the Cliff Richard case the press should never have been tipped off until charges were brought.

The fact that the case wasn't taken forward by the CPS speaks volumes. It says the CPS didnt believe the evidence was strong enough to go before a court. All too often when cases fail the CPS are blamed for doing the opposite.
Clydach murders on 11:18 - Oct 28 with 1980 viewswhiterock

A couple of points that make me think he's guilty, no one, other than the killer can be 100% and that's something we can all agree on.

He continuously lied to police when each avenue got closed off
Jewell said he was home at 11:30
In his alibi, he says he walked to Llangyfelach, in the pissing down rain, then had a change of heart and walked all the way back, lets be honest, most people would have got 500 yards took a soaking and gone home
Why didn't anyone see him on his 8/9 mile jaunt? There are no pavements on these roads so any car coming either direction would have seen a soaking wet man walking in the middle of the road.
He washed his clothes at 4am, unlikely
Morris was allegedly having sex with Mandy on the Friday before the murders but phone records show he was in his own house
And if he was having sex, his DNA would have been everywhere, if, as some say it was one of the cops that murdered the family then they could not have been sure where Morris had been so it would have been impossible to clean up everywhere, I think if Morris' DNA had been present it would have helped him in his story, not hindered.

Anyway, I hope they get to the bottom of it once and for all.
Clydach murders on 12:07 - Oct 28 with 1950 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 11:07 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

You are right that it doesnt matter where she went to school and it has no bearing on the case. As for the police they certainly didnt get everything right but that doesnt alter whether Morris is guilty or not.

It was a mistake not to use members of the local CID who knew so many in the area. I assume they did so because of the relationship between Mandy and Alison Lewis and wanted to avoid the accusation of bias.The local people were more likely to talk with people they knew from the locality than people from elsewhere in South Wales.

They way they handled the arrest of the Lewis family was a disgrace and this is a large part of the reason people are suspicious of the verdict. It should never have been done publicly and like the Cliff Richard case the press should never have been tipped off until charges were brought.

The fact that the case wasn't taken forward by the CPS speaks volumes. It says the CPS didnt believe the evidence was strong enough to go before a court. All too often when cases fail the CPS are blamed for doing the opposite.

I agree with the majority of your post,other than the reason behind peoples suspicion on the verdict.from what Morris supportors say it seem the lack of forensic evidence is their main motivator.also the lewis own lies i.e stephen lewis denying the threats to kill then saying it was a joke.
Also the martial skill behind the weilding of the pole.most would agree that Morris had no such skills.Also the not testing of a male dna found on the pole,mandy powers clothes that she wore that night and the spent matches used to start the fires.this needs to be put to bed even it it is only to take away the suspicion surrounding the conviction.
Clydach murders on 12:14 - Oct 28 with 1940 viewsexhmrc1

Clydach murders on 12:07 - Oct 28 by Yyy

I agree with the majority of your post,other than the reason behind peoples suspicion on the verdict.from what Morris supportors say it seem the lack of forensic evidence is their main motivator.also the lewis own lies i.e stephen lewis denying the threats to kill then saying it was a joke.
Also the martial skill behind the weilding of the pole.most would agree that Morris had no such skills.Also the not testing of a male dna found on the pole,mandy powers clothes that she wore that night and the spent matches used to start the fires.this needs to be put to bed even it it is only to take away the suspicion surrounding the conviction.

The ability and willingness of Morris to use the pole surely isnt in doubt given the Karl Wassell case.
Clydach murders on 13:02 - Oct 28 with 1925 viewswhiterock

I certainly don't buy the martial arts version, just a ruse, anyone can swing a pole, Morris proved this prior.
Clydach murders on 13:05 - Oct 28 with 1922 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 12:14 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

The ability and willingness of Morris to use the pole surely isnt in doubt given the Karl Wassell case.

I thought the Wassell case was thrown out.
I dont know much about the wassell case, but do know of Karl and think it was probably two low life waster coming to a head.
At the time karl was a junkie,not that i think this excuses what happened to him,but again i think there is probably more to this story than what is published,alot of what is out there portrays a Karl that i do not feel is a true reflection.
Its not the willingness to use the pole more the fact that nothing but one light bulb was hit other than the victims.
There were no impact marks on the walls or door s. From what i read at the time even the prosecutions own forensic witnesses said this was unusual and implied martial arts expertise.
Login to get fewer ads

Clydach murders on 13:05 - Oct 28 with 1920 viewsmajorraglan

Clydach murders on 23:57 - Oct 27 by Highjack

Plus if the chain was ripped off in a struggle with one of the victims as the prosecution claimed it would be in the room of one of the bodies, not downstairs by the video tape.

Maybe it was ripped off in a struggle, maybe the struggle moved from room to room and he lost track of where it was ripped off. I dont know to be honest, just offering an opinion.
Clydach murders on 13:20 - Oct 28 with 1907 viewsexhmrc1

Clydach murders on 13:05 - Oct 28 by Yyy

I thought the Wassell case was thrown out.
I dont know much about the wassell case, but do know of Karl and think it was probably two low life waster coming to a head.
At the time karl was a junkie,not that i think this excuses what happened to him,but again i think there is probably more to this story than what is published,alot of what is out there portrays a Karl that i do not feel is a true reflection.
Its not the willingness to use the pole more the fact that nothing but one light bulb was hit other than the victims.
There were no impact marks on the walls or door s. From what i read at the time even the prosecutions own forensic witnesses said this was unusual and implied martial arts expertise.

Read Mandy Power sisters version. It didnt get to court because witnesses refused to testify. What does that tell you. There is absolutely no doubt Morris could do it. There is nothing to suggest Alison Lewis who had martial arts experience would.

I have never met Alison Lewis who isnt from the area anyway. My mate's wife played Netball (I think) with her and she described her as a lovely girl. A couple of her neighbours were well known to my family and they described her similarly. The Inspector was circuit training with one of my ex colleagues the night before he was arrested. I asked what he was like and the response was a very quiet bloke. He didnt talk much.

There simply isnt a history of violence. There is with Morris and yet people try to bring Alison Lewis' martial arts knowledge into it. There is nothing to suggest she is capable of doing this and according to Mandy's family and close friends she was the happiest she had ever been in this relationship and this also appears to have been the case with Alison Lewis.
Clydach murders on 13:27 - Oct 28 with 1902 viewsonehunglow

Isn't it time to pull this thread .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Clydach murders on 13:27 - Oct 28 with 1900 viewsWhiterockin

It must be very difficult for anyone who knows either family well to have an unbiased objective view.
Clydach murders on 13:30 - Oct 28 with 1896 viewsonehunglow

Absolutely whiterock.
Victims family certain he is innocent and Morris's believe he is innocent.

Only Morris knows.

ONLY Morris.All this thread does is to perpetuate the unknown and never will be knows.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Clydach murders on 13:40 - Oct 28 with 1886 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 13:20 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

Read Mandy Power sisters version. It didnt get to court because witnesses refused to testify. What does that tell you. There is absolutely no doubt Morris could do it. There is nothing to suggest Alison Lewis who had martial arts experience would.

I have never met Alison Lewis who isnt from the area anyway. My mate's wife played Netball (I think) with her and she described her as a lovely girl. A couple of her neighbours were well known to my family and they described her similarly. The Inspector was circuit training with one of my ex colleagues the night before he was arrested. I asked what he was like and the response was a very quiet bloke. He didnt talk much.

There simply isnt a history of violence. There is with Morris and yet people try to bring Alison Lewis' martial arts knowledge into it. There is nothing to suggest she is capable of doing this and according to Mandy's family and close friends she was the happiest she had ever been in this relationship and this also appears to have been the case with Alison Lewis.

Realistically speaking Mandys family would have no more insight in to the wassell case than anyone else.It was 2 years before the murders so would not be privy to the finer details of morris vs wassell so to speak.
There is a neighbour of Mandy that says Mandy was scared of Alison and a few friends say she was quite aggressive and controlling with Mandy,but again this is just peoples opinions that hold no weight,just like your mates wife and your colleagues opinion hold no weight.
Battering a grown bloke is not the same as murdering a 2 children their mother and grandmother.
Morris supposedly had a very volatile relationship with jewell,if he were to batter a women to death surely she would have likley been the victim along with possibly her daughter.as far as anyone knows morris had a good relationship with her daughter.
I dont know though i am still firmly on the fence and short of a confession imagine this is where i will always reside
Clydach murders on 14:18 - Oct 28 with 1854 viewsHighjack

Clydach murders on 13:30 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Absolutely whiterock.
Victims family certain he is innocent and Morris's believe he is innocent.

Only Morris knows.

ONLY Morris.All this thread does is to perpetuate the unknown and never will be knows.

Well not only Morris because if somebody out there did it then they’ll know he’s innocent too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Clydach murders on 14:37 - Oct 28 with 1841 viewsexhmrc1

Clydach murders on 13:40 - Oct 28 by Yyy

Realistically speaking Mandys family would have no more insight in to the wassell case than anyone else.It was 2 years before the murders so would not be privy to the finer details of morris vs wassell so to speak.
There is a neighbour of Mandy that says Mandy was scared of Alison and a few friends say she was quite aggressive and controlling with Mandy,but again this is just peoples opinions that hold no weight,just like your mates wife and your colleagues opinion hold no weight.
Battering a grown bloke is not the same as murdering a 2 children their mother and grandmother.
Morris supposedly had a very volatile relationship with jewell,if he were to batter a women to death surely she would have likley been the victim along with possibly her daughter.as far as anyone knows morris had a good relationship with her daughter.
I dont know though i am still firmly on the fence and short of a confession imagine this is where i will always reside

You will never get a confession and it will always have to be judged on the evidence available mainly the chain and the lies and actions he took to cover up it was his. 2 juries were certain and they were in far better positions to judge than us. One in Swansea and the other in Newport where nobody knew Morris. 2 London based judges too.
Clydach murders on 14:43 - Oct 28 with 1830 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 14:37 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

You will never get a confession and it will always have to be judged on the evidence available mainly the chain and the lies and actions he took to cover up it was his. 2 juries were certain and they were in far better positions to judge than us. One in Swansea and the other in Newport where nobody knew Morris. 2 London based judges too.

Agreed,but if there has been evidence withheld and a case that hasn't been conducted the best, the jury quit possibly weren't in the best position to judge.
I dont think there will ever be a definitive answer that will stop questions and finger pointing,and morris will more than likely die in prison rightly or wrongly.
Clydach murders on 14:46 - Oct 28 with 1826 viewsexhmrc1

Clydach murders on 14:43 - Oct 28 by Yyy

Agreed,but if there has been evidence withheld and a case that hasn't been conducted the best, the jury quit possibly weren't in the best position to judge.
I dont think there will ever be a definitive answer that will stop questions and finger pointing,and morris will more than likely die in prison rightly or wrongly.

This is the case for many murders where people proclaim innocence.
Clydach murders on 14:54 - Oct 28 with 1813 viewstrampie

Clydach murders on 13:20 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

I don't buy any of that, this one's lovely, that ones lovely, do me a favour at least one of them was cheating on her partner, her husband, this one quiet, was he the one said to be rowing in the street ?, I don't wish to be rude to you but you are not being very objective.

Why was the dead Mandy phoning Morris all the time on Valentine's day according to phone records ?, were they having an affair ?, did the prosecution think they were having an affair ? - if they weren't why was she phoning him and why did he go to have sex with her and he wasn't in a relationship with her, was rape the intention as well as murder and kill the lot of them ?
How do you explain Alisons DNA on Mandy ?
How do you explain unknown DNA on murder weapon and spent matches not Morris DNA ?
How do you explain the granny killed first ?
How do you explain the behaviour of the police, don't know where they were for hours etc ?
Love and jealousy are motives that have led to many murders in the past you can put that at the door of others in this case more easily than Morris.
Drunk and high and hitting the target with a pole every single time, DNA evidence cleaned, non existent.

People having concerns about this case as it stands is legitimate, you won't admit to those concerns being legitimate which I think does you no favours.

I have asked you direct questions before and you don't answer them, two juries and the family can't be wrong is all you will say to many of my direct questions yet you will try and answer when it suits you though which does you no favours.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Clydach murders on 15:01 - Oct 28 with 1805 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 14:46 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

This is the case for many murders where people proclaim innocence.

True but... most murder cases dont have a the same cloud of doubt that this one does or the close police links as possible other suspects.
SWP reputation for miscarriage of justice certainly hasn't helped either.
Clydach murders on 15:03 - Oct 28 with 1799 viewstrampie

Clydach murders on 09:14 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

Received and replied.
I do not discus topics off board so its either public or nothing. A board is for discussing things, if you post back it up when questioned, or don't post.

Same with me he has pm'd me as well, I haven't replied, the board is for discussing things in the open.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Clydach murders on 15:13 - Oct 28 with 1785 viewstrampie

Clydach murders on 23:57 - Oct 27 by Highjack

Plus if the chain was ripped off in a struggle with one of the victims as the prosecution claimed it would be in the room of one of the bodies, not downstairs by the video tape.

I think it was in a bedroom.

Clydach murders on 15:16 - Oct 28 with 1784 viewstrampie

Clydach murders on 00:16 - Oct 28 by Jack123

For some reason, I thought the chain was found in the kitchen?

Grannies bedroom I think I read in the past, just seen an old report saying bedroom anyway..
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 15:47]

Clydach murders on 15:36 - Oct 28 with 1763 viewsexhmrc1

Clydach murders on 15:03 - Oct 28 by trampie

Same with me he has pm'd me as well, I haven't replied, the board is for discussing things in the open.

Some things are personal and shouldnt be discussed on an open forum and this one of them. It is a shame you cannot see the reason behind not disclosing this due to the personal nature involved
Clydach murders on 15:46 - Oct 28 with 1745 viewstrampie

Clydach murders on 15:36 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

Some things are personal and shouldnt be discussed on an open forum and this one of them. It is a shame you cannot see the reason behind not disclosing this due to the personal nature involved

You had nothing to say in the pm that you could not have said on the open forum, now are you going to answer the load of questions I have asked or are you just going to say that you trust the jury ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024