Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clydach murders 21:38 - Jul 5 with 65056 viewsSwanzay

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/clydach-murders-killer-david-morri

Seems most of Swansea still highly suspect this a SWP stitch up, because of bent cops...
Clydach murders on 17:28 - Oct 27 with 2721 viewschad

Clydach murders on 17:08 - Oct 27 by exhmrc1

i havent heard anything to suggest Mandy was afraid of Lewis but she was well known to be petrified of Morris. None of us know whether Lewis knew about the affair. Often the other partner is the last to know possibly because of trust.

The family and indeed Mandy's friends poor scorn on the idea she was having an affair with Morris.

There is also no history of violence from Lewis whereas there was with Morris including the attack on Wassall with an iron bar similar to what apparently happened in the Dawson household.

whilst it seems Morris is a nasty piece of works who may be better behind bars, that fact alone neither makes him guilty of this exceptionally horrific crime, nor guarantees justice has been done to bring to account (nor remove from society) the massively dangerous and highly controlling perpetrator(s). As pointed out this was a very exceptional crime.

As far as what the family say, as you point out yourself they may be the last to know.

Even though it seems the affair with Alison was widely known about, it is possible Stephen did not know about it. However that leaves the neighbour who witnessed him threatening her and the children and threatening to kill her if she did not leave his wife alone, whilst Mandy was cowering from him. It did not seem like a joke and the neighbour seemed quite certain on this.
Clydach murders on 18:21 - Oct 27 with 2670 viewstrampie

Clydach murders on 16:31 - Oct 27 by Yyy

You seem knowledgeable with regards to the case but.....
You seem to use Mansfield as a reason for undisputed guilt due to Mansfields rep. Mansfield only took part for the opening statement for the second trial after that a junior QC from the office was used.Mansfield had prior commitment with regards to a human rights hearing.

And you say your sister new both mandys from school days.
That would be the Yorkshire born Mandy that only moved down hear after meeting her x husband at the age of 23.
I

Very interesting post.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Clydach murders on 19:28 - Oct 27 with 2616 viewsAndy1300

Clydach murders on 17:08 - Oct 27 by exhmrc1

i havent heard anything to suggest Mandy was afraid of Lewis but she was well known to be petrified of Morris. None of us know whether Lewis knew about the affair. Often the other partner is the last to know possibly because of trust.

The family and indeed Mandy's friends poor scorn on the idea she was having an affair with Morris.

There is also no history of violence from Lewis whereas there was with Morris including the attack on Wassall with an iron bar similar to what apparently happened in the Dawson household.

Just because he was violent, doesn’t make him a murderer.

This thread shows one thing, there is obviously reasonable doubt.

Number 1 team in Wales

Clydach murders on 19:40 - Oct 27 with 2607 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 18:21 - Oct 27 by trampie

Very interesting post.

All the information is readily available from media that covered both trails.
The problem is nearly every knows someone related to the Dawson/Power family the Morris Family or has a SIster, cousin,friend or aunts in the know.
Quit often small details are lost,but these small details can have massive impact on the original narative.
I.e Mansfield was QC for the second trail ,still received a guilty so adds foundation to the the guilty verdict.When in fact Mansfield did not present the defence or cross examine anyone.
Clydach murders on 19:41 - Oct 27 with 2582 viewspikeypaul

Clydach murders on 18:21 - Oct 27 by trampie

Very interesting post.

Indeed it is.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Clydach murders on 19:47 - Oct 27 with 2593 viewsexhmrc1

Clydach murders on 19:28 - Oct 27 by Andy1300

Just because he was violent, doesn’t make him a murderer.

This thread shows one thing, there is obviously reasonable doubt.

None of us actually know what happened in court we weren't there. As an example did you know that the woman who gave the sighting of Morris near the house and said she had never met him went to the same gym. The jury didnt believe her. You say there is doubt but you weren't there. 2 Juries were and along with others such as the Dawson/Power family. Did you know about the evidence about Wassall before. There is more evidence that neither of us know about just like this.

The girlfriend of the man accused of killing a family of four has said she lied to police about the time he came home on the night of the murders.
Mandy Jewell told Newport Crown Court she lied about David Morris' movements because she was afraid she was a suspect herself.

She had quarrelled with Mandy Power, who was killed along with her daughters and mother, earlier in the week.

Mr Morris, 44, of Craig-cefn-parc, denies murder. The trial continues.
The court heard Ms Jewell had lied to the police at first when questioned about the night of the murders in Clydach, near Swansea, and had said Mr Morris had come home to the flat they shared earlier than she thought he had.

The prosecution said by providing herself with an alibi, she had also provided Mr Morris with one.

Mandy Power and her daughters
Mandy Power's two daughters and her mother died with her
The trial had already heard the couple had been in the pub for most of the day on 26 June 1999 but she had left about 2100 BST after they had argued.

Prosecuting, Patrick Harrington said Ms Jewell must have been worried that Mr Morris was involved in the murders for a number of reasons.

During the day, he had mentioned Mandy Power, a friend of Ms Jewell, saying he did not like her, and also he had been drinking, which made him violent.

However Ms Jewell said she had not been worried as his only real connection to Ms Power was through herself.

Statement

The court heard she did not think the police were suspicious of Mr Morris when they first came to see her.

But giving evidence, Ms Jewell's mother Mavis Lewis said her daughter had told her immediately after the first visit from police she thought they suspected David Morris.

"Why would she lie to me?" she asked.

Mr Harrington also accused Ms Jewell of lying to the police and the jury when she said there was only a small amount of violence between her and Mr Morris.

The court heard from a statement Ms Jewell had made to police before the murders accusing him of attacking her and threatening to kill her, and threatening to put a tyre over her head.

Burned out house in Kelvin Road
Fires were lit at Mandy Power's home in Clydach
Mr Morris also threatened to burn her house down, and she had accused him of burning all her clothes, Mr Harrington said.

Ms Jewell told the court she had been livid with Mr Morris when she made the statements and withdrew the complaint.

She said: "If I thought he had anything to do with the murders I would not lie to protect him."

In work

Ms Jewell was asked about phone conversations she had had with a friend of Mr Morris, Mark Reilly, last weekend.

The prosecution alleged she had been asked about phone calls which had been made from her flat the day before Ms Power died.

The court had heard Mr Morris claim he had slept with Mandy Power the day before the murders, during which time he had left a necklace found at the murder scene at her house.

The prosecution said phone calls had been made from the flat during the time he alleged he was with Mandy Power.

Ms Jewell was asked if Mr Reilly had asked whether she could have come home early from work that day.

She said she told Mr Reilly the same as she told the court on Thursday, that as far as she was aware, she was in work at that time.

The prosecution also asked whether hundreds of calls made by Mr Morris to her in the weeks before he gave evidence were to make sure she got her story right, but she said Mr Morris had phoned regularly since he had been on remand and that had not changed.
Clydach murders on 19:56 - Oct 27 with 2562 viewspikeypaul

not connected ? my arse.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Clydach murders on 20:45 - Oct 27 with 2535 viewstheloneranger

Clydach murders on 19:40 - Oct 27 by Yyy

All the information is readily available from media that covered both trails.
The problem is nearly every knows someone related to the Dawson/Power family the Morris Family or has a SIster, cousin,friend or aunts in the know.
Quit often small details are lost,but these small details can have massive impact on the original narative.
I.e Mansfield was QC for the second trail ,still received a guilty so adds foundation to the the guilty verdict.When in fact Mansfield did not present the defence or cross examine anyone.

Michael Mansfield was the QC for Morris' s appeal against his conviction in the first trial.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Clydach murders on 21:12 - Oct 27 with 2518 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 20:45 - Oct 27 by theloneranger

Michael Mansfield was the QC for Morris' s appeal against his conviction in the first trial.

Mansfield attended the appeal hearings and had the conviction quashed . he did attend for the first 3 days ofbthe 2nd trail but only to deliver the opening
After the opening Mansfield was NOT the acting QC a junior QC from Mansfields firm took over. Mansfield had conflicting court dates with a Human rights case and Morris trial.He attended he human rights hearing and did not complete for dai morris.
Clydach murders on 22:38 - Oct 27 with 2469 viewsmajorraglan

Clydach murders on 14:56 - Oct 27 by Highjack

That person was looking for something. Why else would you be on your hands and knees rifling through old videotapes covered in blood after killing four people? The documentary just glossed over this but it seems potentially very important to me.

The chain?
Clydach murders on 23:33 - Oct 27 with 2445 viewsHighjack

Clydach murders on 22:38 - Oct 27 by majorraglan

The chain?

Potentially yeah but the insinuation in the documentary was that he was going through the video tapes.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Clydach murders on 23:50 - Oct 27 with 2438 viewschad

exhmrc1 you said of the woman who provided the E-fit that was a dead ringer for Stephen Lewis - ‘The jury didnt believe her.’

I thought it was you that said she was discredited. Where did you get that information from? As I posted earlier (reproduced below) it was said in a documentary that the judge directed the E-fit be ignored because Alison gave Stephen an alibi, and was considered a credible witness. That being the case it presumably cannot be asserted that the jury did not believe her if they were directed by the judge not to take that evidence into account.

I didn’t think the woman who created that E-fit that was a dead ringer for a Lewis brother (both actually as twins) was discredited as someone mentioned. I understood that the judge directed for it to be ignored because Alison Lewis was seen as a credible witness and she gave her husband an alibi (in bed next to her). Seems a bit irregular given their close relationship and either could have been involved
Clydach murders on 23:53 - Oct 27 with 2437 viewsJack123

Just been reading through this for all while, pretty interesting. One question though, the witness who made the efit, and from what I read it was ruled out because she went to the same gym.

I just wondered, was there proof they actually met? Given, I would imagine the efit suspect would be working unsociable hours..? It's just me thinking that's all, though I hope the barristers would be well ahead of that.

libera nos a malo

Clydach murders on 23:57 - Oct 27 with 2432 viewsHighjack

Clydach murders on 22:38 - Oct 27 by majorraglan

The chain?

Plus if the chain was ripped off in a struggle with one of the victims as the prosecution claimed it would be in the room of one of the bodies, not downstairs by the video tape.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Clydach murders on 00:16 - Oct 28 with 2417 viewsJack123

Clydach murders on 23:57 - Oct 27 by Highjack

Plus if the chain was ripped off in a struggle with one of the victims as the prosecution claimed it would be in the room of one of the bodies, not downstairs by the video tape.

For some reason, I thought the chain was found in the kitchen?

libera nos a malo

Clydach murders on 01:17 - Oct 28 with 2402 viewsexhmrc1

Clydach murders on 23:50 - Oct 27 by chad

exhmrc1 you said of the woman who provided the E-fit that was a dead ringer for Stephen Lewis - ‘The jury didnt believe her.’

I thought it was you that said she was discredited. Where did you get that information from? As I posted earlier (reproduced below) it was said in a documentary that the judge directed the E-fit be ignored because Alison gave Stephen an alibi, and was considered a credible witness. That being the case it presumably cannot be asserted that the jury did not believe her if they were directed by the judge not to take that evidence into account.

I didn’t think the woman who created that E-fit that was a dead ringer for a Lewis brother (both actually as twins) was discredited as someone mentioned. I understood that the judge directed for it to be ignored because Alison Lewis was seen as a credible witness and she gave her husband an alibi (in bed next to her). Seems a bit irregular given their close relationship and either could have been involved

Read Mandy's sister's statement. The witness had claimed that she didnt know the Lewis brothers but she went to the same gym.

Morris's campaigners claim the E FIT wasnt made public ?? It was in the South Wales Evening post June 29th 2002 !!! The witness who done the E fit and picked out one of the Police officers, said she had never seen him before and yet she went to the same gym as him !!
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 1:24]
Clydach murders on 01:38 - Oct 28 with 2394 viewsJack123

Clydach murders on 01:17 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

Read Mandy's sister's statement. The witness had claimed that she didnt know the Lewis brothers but she went to the same gym.

Morris's campaigners claim the E FIT wasnt made public ?? It was in the South Wales Evening post June 29th 2002 !!! The witness who done the E fit and picked out one of the Police officers, said she had never seen him before and yet she went to the same gym as him !!

Hence my question earlier.? Let's go a little bit further,, What gym was it? What time time do they open and close? Has anyone seen the witness of the photo efit in there with, well at that the same time as the efit witness??
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 1:48]

libera nos a malo

Clydach murders on 08:46 - Oct 28 with 2344 viewsWhiterockin

Clydach murders on 16:31 - Oct 27 by Yyy

You seem knowledgeable with regards to the case but.....
You seem to use Mansfield as a reason for undisputed guilt due to Mansfields rep. Mansfield only took part for the opening statement for the second trial after that a junior QC from the office was used.Mansfield had prior commitment with regards to a human rights hearing.

And you say your sister new both mandys from school days.
That would be the Yorkshire born Mandy that only moved down hear after meeting her x husband at the age of 23.
I

Taxman

You respond to most posts you are referenced in, but not this one why? It has basically poured doubt on your knowledge and questioned your memory and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt there.
Clydach murders on 08:50 - Oct 28 with 2344 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 01:17 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

It is reported that Morris was arrested in March,so your saying it was released after both his and the Lewis arresested.

If thats true it still doesn't instill confidence in the handling of the case
Clydach murders on 08:55 - Oct 28 with 2339 viewsexhmrc1

Clydach murders on 08:46 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

Taxman

You respond to most posts you are referenced in, but not this one why? It has basically poured doubt on your knowledge and questioned your memory and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt there.

Please see my pm
Clydach murders on 08:57 - Oct 28 with 2330 viewsexhmrc1

Clydach murders on 08:50 - Oct 28 by Yyy

It is reported that Morris was arrested in March,so your saying it was released after both his and the Lewis arresested.

If thats true it still doesn't instill confidence in the handling of the case

I trust Mandy's sisters version of accounts as the family sat through the trial. Were you. Or are you Morris sister coming on here. Mandy Jewell was living here and in school here.
Clydach murders on 09:14 - Oct 28 with 2310 viewsWhiterockin

Clydach murders on 08:55 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

Please see my pm

Received and replied.
I do not discus topics off board so its either public or nothing. A board is for discussing things, if you post back it up when questioned, or don't post.
Clydach murders on 09:44 - Oct 28 with 2293 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 08:57 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

I trust Mandy's sisters version of accounts as the family sat through the trial. Were you. Or are you Morris sister coming on here. Mandy Jewell was living here and in school here.

I am not Morris sister but i do know that Mandy Jewell did not attend any school in Swansea,she is from Yorkshire and didn't move to wales until her early twenties after meeting her ex husband.
Mandy Jewell school days have no bearing on the case ,i was mearly pointing out everyone even those who feel in the know generally get things wrong.
I lived by her ex husband and her for reference
Clydach murders on 10:00 - Oct 28 with 2280 viewsYyy

Clydach murders on 08:57 - Oct 28 by exhmrc1

No i didn't sit through the trial.i was only pointing out that the Efit was released after both parties had been arrested. Maybe it just me but i don't t really see how that helped the investigation.one set arrested and released another due to go to trial then the efit is put out there.
I am undecided as to Dai Morris innocence or guilt as there are lots for unanswered questions and questions over the conduct of the case. You seem to be implying i have affiliation with morris when i dont.
The only thing i dont have an opinion on is lies,rumours and people trotting out their own facts dont help either side.it only serves to muddy the waters further and ensures this will not go away for the Dawson/power family.
Clydach murders on 10:20 - Oct 28 with 2255 viewsClydachian

Clydach murders on 10:00 - Oct 28 by Yyy

No i didn't sit through the trial.i was only pointing out that the Efit was released after both parties had been arrested. Maybe it just me but i don't t really see how that helped the investigation.one set arrested and released another due to go to trial then the efit is put out there.
I am undecided as to Dai Morris innocence or guilt as there are lots for unanswered questions and questions over the conduct of the case. You seem to be implying i have affiliation with morris when i dont.
The only thing i dont have an opinion on is lies,rumours and people trotting out their own facts dont help either side.it only serves to muddy the waters further and ensures this will not go away for the Dawson/power family.

There's no new evidence, He changed his story 5 times when the police confronted him with evidence.
Police officer in interview to Morris "Dave, is the gold chain yours?"
Morris "On my children's lives it is not my gold chain"

Guilty as sin !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024