Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet more accidents on the M4 17:39 - Jul 9 with 1932 viewsJackfath

Currently backed up due to an accident between Penllergaer and Llanelli. One earlier near Newport. A death last week also.

People still driving with no due care or attention to other users.

What can be done to stop this awful trend?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:41 - Jul 9 with 1919 viewstrinityann

Self driving cars.
Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:42 - Jul 9 with 1910 viewsjack2jack

Average speed cameras and or reduce speed limit,about all you can do really.
Shocking though it's every day now.
Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:44 - Jul 9 with 1906 viewsJackfath

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:42 - Jul 9 by jack2jack

Average speed cameras and or reduce speed limit,about all you can do really.
Shocking though it's every day now.

How about raising the penalties for using mobile phones? There's something else you can do.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:49 - Jul 9 with 1894 viewsjack2jack

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:44 - Jul 9 by Jackfath

How about raising the penalties for using mobile phones? There's something else you can do.

Good idea, if it's found that the cause of an accident was due to using a mobile an immediate ban should follow.I think it's at epedemic levels now, I know we've done this before but it gets my goat.
Nothing to say the latest was mobile related, but what an awful stretch of motorway this is becoming.
Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:50 - Jul 9 with 1887 viewsJackfath

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:49 - Jul 9 by jack2jack

Good idea, if it's found that the cause of an accident was due to using a mobile an immediate ban should follow.I think it's at epedemic levels now, I know we've done this before but it gets my goat.
Nothing to say the latest was mobile related, but what an awful stretch of motorway this is becoming.

I think if you're using a mobile whilst driving you should get an immediate ban, a huge fine and made to re sit your test, regardless of whether you're involved in an accident.

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:55 - Jul 9 with 1849 viewsjack2jack

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:50 - Jul 9 by Jackfath

I think if you're using a mobile whilst driving you should get an immediate ban, a huge fine and made to re sit your test, regardless of whether you're involved in an accident.

Agreed.
A close friends relative was knocked over by someone using a mobile whilst driving, one reason why I find it abhorrent, and must be clamped down upon.
Yet more accidents on the M4 on 18:29 - Jul 9 with 1790 viewsFlashberryjack

A few more motorway police cars would help, the standard of driving on the motorways is absolutely appalling, come to think of it, the standard of driving generally, is absolutely appalling

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 18:40 - Jul 9 with 1748 viewsDr_Winston

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 18:29 - Jul 9 by Flashberryjack

A few more motorway police cars would help, the standard of driving on the motorways is absolutely appalling, come to think of it, the standard of driving generally, is absolutely appalling

I'm learning to drive at the minute and the most tricky thing to get the hang of is working out what the crazy bastards around me are going to do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 18:56 - Jul 9 with 1707 viewslifelong

I agree, the only time you see a Police vehicle on the motorway these days is when they are dealing with a road accident.

Also there are very few mobile speed cameras on the motorway, and other main roads, lately, drivers can just drive as they please.
Yet more accidents on the M4 on 18:57 - Jul 9 with 1705 viewsJackfath

The minority who do not have a clue about what's going on around them is increasing. They drive oblivious to others, road conditions, speed etc etc. Then they give you the finger.

VVankers.

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 19:05 - Jul 9 with 1670 viewsDafyddHuw

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 17:44 - Jul 9 by Jackfath

Cars should have been developed before now that have the technology to cut out mobile phone signals whilst a car is moving. They can do it for alcohol on your breath. it's just lazy technology.
Yet more accidents on the M4 on 19:06 - Jul 9 with 1669 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 18:57 - Jul 9 by Jackfath

The minority who do not have a clue about what's going on around them is increasing. They drive oblivious to others, road conditions, speed etc etc. Then they give you the finger.

VVankers.

Bring back Ronnie Pickering!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 19:08 - Jul 9 with 1653 viewsjack2jack

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 19:06 - Jul 9 by JACKMANANDBOY

Bring back Ronnie Pickering!

Ronnie who!😉
Yet more accidents on the M4 on 19:11 - Jul 9 with 1643 viewsFlashberryjack

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 18:40 - Jul 9 by Dr_Winston

I'm learning to drive at the minute and the most tricky thing to get the hang of is working out what the crazy bastards around me are going to do.

When I was learning to drive (many moons ago) an older and very experienced driving friend gave me this piece of advise:

"Always assume that every other driver on the road is a complete and utter imbecile, if they indicate to turn left don't be surprised if they turn right"

I've always remembered that advice, and apart from an unavoidable skid on black ice several years ago, I've been accident clear (hope I'm not tempting fate)

Hello

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 20:04 - Jul 9 with 1566 viewsMrSwerve

Had to drive to London and back a couple of times the past week, and I was truly staggered at some of the tw@ttery on display on the m4.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 20:42 - Jul 9 with 1487 viewsFlashberryjack

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 20:04 - Jul 9 by MrSwerve

Had to drive to London and back a couple of times the past week, and I was truly staggered at some of the tw@ttery on display on the m4.

The standard of driving is so bad It's truly amazing how there aren't even more motorway accidents.

Hello

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 21:55 - Jul 9 with 1374 viewsjacktar

I'm sure this hot weather is not helping (remember the film "Falling down" when Michael Douglas loses the plot). The last 2 days I've been close to 3 near misses, none of which were my fault I can honestly say. Drivers pulling out of side roads without really looking or straying across the middle of the road. Today I don't know how I missed this old tw@t who didn't even look at the junction and pulled out in front of me requiring an emergency stop. I've got a dashcam set up so at least feel a bit more protected.
But what the f@ck are some drivers thinking.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 22:09 - Jul 9 with 1339 viewsmajorraglan

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 21:55 - Jul 9 by jacktar

I'm sure this hot weather is not helping (remember the film "Falling down" when Michael Douglas loses the plot). The last 2 days I've been close to 3 near misses, none of which were my fault I can honestly say. Drivers pulling out of side roads without really looking or straying across the middle of the road. Today I don't know how I missed this old tw@t who didn't even look at the junction and pulled out in front of me requiring an emergency stop. I've got a dashcam set up so at least feel a bit more protected.
But what the f@ck are some drivers thinking.

Check out some of the beauts on HGVdashcam site, it’s amazing how bad some odf the driving you will see on there. Some police forces now have departments set up to review the footage people send to them and they actually prosecute.
Yet more accidents on the M4 on 22:12 - Jul 9 with 1331 viewsdickythorpe

Drove back from Newark today and it was going great until Brynglas tunnel area. Accident there causing tailbacks to Cardiff gate.
That was eastbound, got to aberavon rfc and police car came flying past almost clipped me.
Knew something was up and thee build up off traffic made me switch radio Wales on. Turning traffic back at junction 47 it said just as I was approaching 46, so I turned off.
Got to Swansea by 5, had a look round and thought I'd try to get back to carmarthen via Gowerton/Llanelli turn off after tesco extra fforestfach. Mental tailbacks even at 8pm.
Traffic Wales website says road closed until estimated reopening at 10.30.
Turned back and could see fire brigade dealing with a grass fire!! Plus Kilvey hill has another small grass fire.
Have booked me and the good lady into the premier Inn. Stella is doing a good job of refreshing me!!!
Driving standards are poor and I can't believe I'm saying this..... But I think we need a slower speed limit, many are doing 90 and hammering their brakes.

Hope all are safe.
Plenty of water should be in your cars in this heatwave. 26 degrees at 8.30pm.
Yet more accidents on the M4 on 23:27 - Jul 9 with 1217 viewsjack_lord

The volume of traffic has got a lot higher. Unfortunately, I spend a lot of the time on the motorway and witness bad driving every day. As Flash has said, don't expect someone to do what they indicate they are going to do. People pull out in to lane 3 at 50 mph then stay there for five miles. Many people think that the lane two is the normal lane and lane 1 is only for slow moving vehicles.

Swansea only has two lanes so expect this to be a far more regular thing.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Yet more accidents on the M4 on 09:13 - Jul 10 with 1042 viewsdickythorpe

Inconsistent speeds is another bugbear. Some drivers speed past you doing over 80 then you'll see them doing 60, so you overtake them only for them to zoom past moments later!!
Hope if anyone was caught up they are ok. The fire brigade were giving out water.
People.got to Loughor bridge by 5 and were stuck for over an hour or more!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024