Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Asoro 21:18 - Jul 9 with 21706 viewsEU5Makaveli

19 year old Sunderland striker- we are interested according to Alan Nixon
Joel Asoro on 01:05 - Jul 10 with 2804 viewsDippy

If we want to sign a 19 year old with huge potential.. look at Watfords Cucho Hernández.. under the correct guidance, this kid could go far.. I've only watched a video clip.. but this kid is going to be a top level performer..

2nd tier in England will test him differently.

Poll: Cooper Out

Joel Asoro on 02:19 - Jul 10 with 2775 viewsforkbeard

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-bid-acce
Joel Asoro on 03:56 - Jul 10 with 2744 viewsWhiterockin

Joel Asoro on 00:53 - Jul 10 by TheKirkyLife

I'm hesitant to judge too quickly as this guy was part of one of the biggest laughing stocks in recent football history.

He's rapid, young and has one of the best coaches in Swedish football history backing him.

Let's see what he can do.

This must be the first real Potter signing, We must give the new scouting setup a fair chance.
Joel Asoro on 06:40 - Jul 10 with 2638 viewsTailGunner

Joel Asoro on 03:56 - Jul 10 by Whiterockin

This must be the first real Potter signing, We must give the new scouting setup a fair chance.

Exactly.
The kid was basically the only shining light in the season for a team with backs against the wall - according to their own fans.
They think it's ludicrous he's going for that fee.

Our new recruitment team first target.

Written off by many PS experts already.
Joel Asoro on 06:42 - Jul 10 with 2632 viewsTailGunner

Check out @MattKBSAFC’s Tweet:
Joel Asoro on 07:16 - Jul 10 with 2576 viewsDr_Winston

Joel Asoro on 06:40 - Jul 10 by TailGunner

Exactly.
The kid was basically the only shining light in the season for a team with backs against the wall - according to their own fans.

People love moaning more than they do celebrating, and it's getting worse.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joel Asoro on 07:21 - Jul 10 with 2559 viewsmagicdaps10

Think some are being too quick to knock the deal and the lad.
How many 19yr olds do we have who have played 20 odd championship games and scored 3 goals?
Arsenal seemed to be keen but the lad wants first team football. Has a terrific goalscoring record in under age football and Sweden under age national teams.

People are also forgetting that we are now in the championship NOT the Premier league.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joel Asoro on 07:23 - Jul 10 with 2554 viewsPrivate_Partz

Joel Asoro on 06:40 - Jul 10 by TailGunner

Exactly.

I dont think he has been written off.
The problem is we only seem to be buying under 20 players whilst touting all our experienced players to all and sundry.
It did not work with Tammy and Sanches. Young players need to be blooded into the team not set up as first choices from the off. Groundhog Day?
I also hope this is a Potter signing and not Jenkins and his computer programme.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2018 8:43]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Joel Asoro on 07:26 - Jul 10 with 2545 viewsTailGunner

Joel Asoro on 07:23 - Jul 10 by Private_Partz

The problem is we only seem to be buying under 20 players whilst touting all our experienced players to all and sundry.
It did not work with Tammy and Sanches. Young players need to be blooded into the team not set up as first choices from the off. Groundhog Day?
I also hope this is a Potter signing and not Jenkins and his computer programme.

Read the whole thread plenty writing off.

There's no way this is not Potters target.
And there's no way we are spending 2m on an academy prospect. He's already cut his teeth in Championship.

Back the management choices.
Joel Asoro on 07:45 - Jul 10 with 2494 views34dfgdf54

Joel Asoro on 06:42 - Jul 10 by TailGunner

Check out @MattKBSAFC’s Tweet:

Love seeing stuff like this.

Sounds promising.
Joel Asoro on 08:02 - Jul 10 with 2445 viewsDr_Winston

Most people have spent the summer demanding a raft of changes to the playing squad. A raft of changes are being made and people still aren't happy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Joel Asoro on 08:12 - Jul 10 with 2424 viewsthornabyswan

Joel Asoro on 23:56 - Jul 9 by omarjack

Bad news really.

2 m wasted on a very amateurish and useless "prospect"

3 goals in 26 matches is very poor in the championship. Wouldn't even make a good McBurnie back-up.

I hope at least he can be deployed as a winger as he is a bit pacy from what I've seen of him (which I admit is very little)

So you have seen very little of him and have labelled him an amateurish and useless prospect.

I do remember him giving Fulham the runaround towards the end of last season.
Sunderland fans seem to think we have a bargain.
So best we don't write him off before he has kicked a ball for us.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Joel Asoro on 08:20 - Jul 10 with 2382 viewsWarwickHunt

Joel Asoro on 08:02 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Most people have spent the summer demanding a raft of changes to the playing squad. A raft of changes are being made and people still aren't happy.

Having just spunked £50m on Clucas, Bony and Ayew, people are moaning about £2m on a young prospect?
Joel Asoro on 08:20 - Jul 10 with 2381 viewsHeadmaster

This is clearly a Potter signing. At the fan forum, they said they wanted to build a young, hungry team so that probably explains the links to all these younger players and the U23s training with the first team.
Joel Asoro on 08:40 - Jul 10 with 2313 viewsthornabyswan

If there was a Planet Swans award for being the most negative poster on here.
You would win it hands down and there is some tough competition so well done to you.

Out of interest who would you like us to sign.
We can't go spending money we don't have.
We need to shift a minimum of A.Ayew Bony Jordan Ayew out.
It's not rocket science.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Joel Asoro on 08:44 - Jul 10 with 2294 viewsPrivate_Partz

Joel Asoro on 07:26 - Jul 10 by TailGunner

Read the whole thread plenty writing off.

There's no way this is not Potters target.
And there's no way we are spending 2m on an academy prospect. He's already cut his teeth in Championship.

Back the management choices.

I like it. Hope you are right.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Joel Asoro on 08:52 - Jul 10 with 2244 viewsPrivate_Partz

Joel Asoro on 08:40 - Jul 10 by thornabyswan

If there was a Planet Swans award for being the most negative poster on here.
You would win it hands down and there is some tough competition so well done to you.

Out of interest who would you like us to sign.
We can't go spending money we don't have.
We need to shift a minimum of A.Ayew Bony Jordan Ayew out.
It's not rocket science.

I am not the recruitment team. Why should I pick players? We have owners who can take the hit of relegation don't forget. Also a new recruitment set up. Technical Director anyone?
I would like to see us signing players with some experience in their mid twenties.
If you are happy with the current situation with 3 weeks to the season ko then fair enough.
As for me being negative, well I never criticise managers and players. They will always get my support. No change this season.
If giving stick those who got us in this mess is negative in your book then fair enough but it won't surprise you to know I disagree.

Joel Asoro on 08:59 - Jul 10 with 2219 viewsmagicdaps10

Encouraged too hear that Potter wants to go with younger, hungrier players.....this is something we went from in the last 2/3 seasons.

We signed too many mercenaries in their late 20s who were after a pay day in the premier league. The better players we signed were younger players who wanted to make a name for themselves or players who had potential but had not quite made the breakthrough for whatever reason yet.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Joel Asoro on 09:03 - Jul 10 with 2200 viewsTailGunner

People seem to revel in the misery. Even the prospect of more misery gets the groins twitching with some.
Baffling!

Warwick sums it up nicely too.
Joel Asoro on 09:07 - Jul 10 with 2183 viewsthornabyswan

Joel Asoro on 08:52 - Jul 10 by Private_Partz

I am not the recruitment team. Why should I pick players? We have owners who can take the hit of relegation don't forget. Also a new recruitment set up. Technical Director anyone?
I would like to see us signing players with some experience in their mid twenties.
If you are happy with the current situation with 3 weeks to the season ko then fair enough.
As for me being negative, well I never criticise managers and players. They will always get my support. No change this season.
If giving stick those who got us in this mess is negative in your book then fair enough but it won't surprise you to know I disagree.

Of course I would have liked us to have signed a couple of experienced Championship players by now.
But I also want the future of the club safeguarded.
Surely you can see that we need to reduce our outgoings before we spend.

I would equate our situation to losing a job you then need to sell your house and buy a smaller one.
If we were to sign players before offloading that's like buying the smaller house before you have sold the one you are living in.
We have to live within our means and if that means buying cheap at the end of the window so be it.

Joel Asoro on 09:10 - Jul 10 with 2171 viewsmoonie

It's just that an equally young Tammy Abraham is still fresh in minds.
Still, other fans ripping into other fans is normal on here

None of us has a clue as to what lies ahead or how he ll turn out

Personally, as long as Routledge Dyer Naughton are here I ll feel underwhelmed . All three need to be clear of our club
Joel Asoro on 09:18 - Jul 10 with 2135 viewsWarwickHunt

Joel Asoro on 09:10 - Jul 10 by moonie

It's just that an equally young Tammy Abraham is still fresh in minds.
Still, other fans ripping into other fans is normal on here

None of us has a clue as to what lies ahead or how he ll turn out

Personally, as long as Routledge Dyer Naughton are here I ll feel underwhelmed . All three need to be clear of our club

If he can make those three disappear then he probably is a magician.
Joel Asoro on 09:21 - Jul 10 with 2128 viewsomarjack

Being a stand out in the worst team in the Championship means nothing.

Sunderland fans were foaming over him because they've been depraved from any quality for the last 2 years. Stuck with the likes of Cattermole,Billy Jones and Rodwell and worse players. So honestly what they think shouldn't matter much.

It seems as we're constantly interested in bringing in 19 years olds. That shows a real change when it comes to our recruitment policy. (or is it because that's all we can afford?)

Anyway, to go back to Asoro. Maybe he didn't fare so well at Sunderland because those around him didn't provide him with decent passes and chances. So maybe, technically he's gifted and still learning so who knows? Although I'm not optimistic.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Joel Asoro on 09:25 - Jul 10 with 2102 viewsLeonWasGod

Joel Asoro on 07:45 - Jul 10 by 34dfgdf54

Love seeing stuff like this.

Sounds promising.

Agreed. I've no idea about this kid. But just the fact we're not looking at overpaid PL failures like McClean, and that clearly Potter is having an influence, fills me with hope.

We need to build again and this is a step in the right direction. Even if the guy bombs (obviously I hope he doesn't and suspect he won't if Potter knows his onions), I still think it's the right approach.
Joel Asoro on 09:31 - Jul 10 with 2069 viewsmoonie

Experience and attitude in training then gets you a four year fookn Extention?

Naughton along with Ki has been, in my experience, the greatest coward I've seen in a professional football team for some time. Routs ,bless him is simply inept,Dyer just feckless, and really all three should have contracts terminated unless we re a benevolent society .

Ideally, Clucas and Baston too should be turned out of our club but the cost of employing them means we re stuck with them or face a massive loss,as was the case with Mesa and will be with Bony ...

Now, tell me Jenkins is considering resigning ,retiring, joining a kibbutz in Tonna because nothing will change unless this cretin goes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024