Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) 23:40 - Aug 5 with 9993 viewsTheResurrection

No, not long, hopeless balls pumped up top but built from back to front with superb precision.

The 2 goals we scored yesterday were up there with the best we ever scored during our halcyon days and I've been worried about Nordvelt but always said his distribution was streets ahead of Fab's.

Twice we went from him in goal to score and wow, the fast, free flowing football has arrived, just a season too late.

These highlights are a joy to watch -

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:02 - Aug 6 with 1533 viewsDippy

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 00:16 - Aug 6 by Brynmill_Jack

It's really great how we've brought players in who can pass the ball quickly and accurately forward. Thank Mr Potter and his team for that.

Players with guile.. Celina & McKay are silky players.. not robust or battle material.. haven't seen players like them since Hernandez..

Hopefully they won't go missing during games.. but you'll have to accept they will.

Poll: Cooper Out

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:03 - Aug 6 with 1538 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:58 - Aug 6 by bringbacklaudrup

McBurnie's dummy to allow Montero to receive Fernandez's pass was delightful. Demonstrates McBurnie's awareness and strong team play.

Dummy? Thought he glanced it on perfectly.

Quality move.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:04 - Aug 6 with 1534 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:56 - Aug 6 by E20Jack

I have never come across another individual that doesn’t get the simplest of concepts more frequently than this poster. At first I thought it was intentional, soon I realised it was anything but.

Did you see his post to Neath Jack yesterday? As always, completely got the wrong end of the shitty stick. Embarrassing

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:06 - Aug 6 with 1527 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:03 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

Quality move.

He did, it was facking inch perfect and direct that move wasn't. It was FFF (TM)

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:10 - Aug 6 with 1510 viewsE20Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:04 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

Did you see his post to Neath Jack yesterday? As always, completely got the wrong end of the shitty stick. Embarrassing

I did. It did raise a smile I must say; the whole thread at that point got me chuckling to myself.

So many triggered and confused posters - battling with trying to praise our managerial appointment, signings and direction - while still trying to make a case that the man at the helm who sanctioned it all doesn’t know what he’s doing... even after 7 long years in Premier League and a major trophy win.

It’s been amusing to see.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:12 - Aug 6 with 1503 viewsHighjack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:42 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

Wow, no it wasn't.

A throw in on our half way line back to Fede, straight back to Nordvelt, straight back to VdH, straight switch back to Fede who played a perfect chipped pass to McBurnie who'd moved into space, who flicked it on expertly to the toes of Montero.

Long ball?? Aye, well give me that any day of the week.

Of course it was. One long chip from deep and a flick on bypassed the whole opposition team. Definition of route one.

Still good though as it was executed with skill rather than the hopeful aimless hoofs we've been attempting under Jenkinsball.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:34 - Aug 6 with 1466 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:12 - Aug 6 by Highjack

Of course it was. One long chip from deep and a flick on bypassed the whole opposition team. Definition of route one.

Still good though as it was executed with skill rather than the hopeful aimless hoofs we've been attempting under Jenkinsball.

Was it fack. We'd worked it with a series of quick passing and triangles to give Fede the chance to make that pass to McBurnie.

Long ball is some kind of hopeful punt upfield hoping your centre forward can get on the end of it.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:46 - Aug 6 with 1440 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:03 - Aug 6 by 34dfgdf54

Quality move.

Yes, upon closer view, it looks like a very accurate flick. Shows McBurnie raises the synergy of the whole. McBurnie could have contributed a lot to Swansea's survival pursuit last season. Don't understand why he was loaned.

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Login to get fewer ads

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 17:42 - Aug 6 with 1368 viewsNeath_Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:04 - Aug 6 by TheResurrection

I was gobsmacked, even by his stupid standards.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 18:35 - Aug 6 with 1310 viewsOldjack

A massive breath of fresh air watching that especially in that second half ,not seen that type of good football since Mike was at the helm

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 07:24 - Aug 7 with 1189 viewsSTID2017

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:34 - Aug 6 by Shaky

And yet you are too much of a coward to admit to Lisa that it is Jenkins feeding you this line, when asked a direct question. Just ran away, didn't you?

With respect, nobody has criticised The Res more than me over the past couple of years, but this thread is a positive one recognising the changes that have happened this season (whoever takes the credit).
Lets try and concentrate on the positives instead of dragging up age old arguments.
We all know Huw is still there and shows no sign of moving, but whilst the team performs like it did on Saturday, I for one don't care

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 07:34 - Aug 7 with 1182 viewsE20Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 07:24 - Aug 7 by STID2017

With respect, nobody has criticised The Res more than me over the past couple of years, but this thread is a positive one recognising the changes that have happened this season (whoever takes the credit).
Lets try and concentrate on the positives instead of dragging up age old arguments.
We all know Huw is still there and shows no sign of moving, but whilst the team performs like it did on Saturday, I for one don't care

That’s the point now though.

People have spent so long criticising the club and every negative being put at Jenkins door, that even the most one eyed posters realise that the opposite also has to be true. People are confused right now and see that any positive statements also reflect well on Jenkins so are almost seeing it as offensive.

This week people will probably weigh up in their minds if they prefer slagging Jenkins off and us losing or Swansea winning and accepting he is equally responsible for good as he is bad.

I think that is why this board has had the nuclear reaction it had this week to what was a wonderful result and performance.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 07:42 - Aug 7 with 1169 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 07:24 - Aug 7 by STID2017

See to me, if you don't care that Huw is here when we are winning, then you shouldn't really complain that he's here when things are going against us.

In my opinion too much has gone on, and he needs to be removed as soon as possible regardless of results.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 07:47 - Aug 7 with 1157 viewsSTID2017

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 07:42 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

See to me, if you don't care that Huw is here when we are winning, then you shouldn't really complain that he's here when things are going against us.

In my opinion too much has gone on, and he needs to be removed as soon as possible regardless of results.

Having supported this club since the late 60's and witnessed the best and worst (as many of us have) and TBH where my life is at the moment, there are enough dramas and worries going on in the real world for me to fret about.
Football at the moment offers me one of my few outlets where I can go and be entertained (hopefully) and forget my troubles for a short while.
So I apologise if HJ isn't top of my worry list at the moment

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 08:17 - Aug 7 with 1129 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 07:47 - Aug 7 by STID2017

Having supported this club since the late 60's and witnessed the best and worst (as many of us have) and TBH where my life is at the moment, there are enough dramas and worries going on in the real world for me to fret about.
Football at the moment offers me one of my few outlets where I can go and be entertained (hopefully) and forget my troubles for a short while.
So I apologise if HJ isn't top of my worry list at the moment

Completely understand that, I know you've been through a rough time, but with all due respect Huw Jenkins is not, and never will be top of my worry list either, there's more to life than football, but as this is a forum about Swansea City, I give my opinion on that.

Ps: May I also say, I hope everything is going as well as things can possibly be going at this present time for you, and hopefully the result on Saturday put a smile on your face at what must be an incredibly difficult time.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 8:26]
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 08:47 - Aug 7 with 1098 viewsjack247

Can’t disagree with the sentiment at all. That second half was a pleasure to watch. Absolutely refreshing.

But just imagine Jenkins had appointed a footballing manager and stepped away from recruiting players at any point in the last few years. We’d be playing this kind of football, with upgraded versions of the players we have, in the Premier League.

Our footballing ethos is back, which is arguably the most important thing, it’s just a shame it took relegation to get there.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:04 - Aug 7 with 1087 viewsE20Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 08:47 - Aug 7 by jack247

Can’t disagree with the sentiment at all. That second half was a pleasure to watch. Absolutely refreshing.

But just imagine Jenkins had appointed a footballing manager and stepped away from recruiting players at any point in the last few years. We’d be playing this kind of football, with upgraded versions of the players we have, in the Premier League.

Our footballing ethos is back, which is arguably the most important thing, it’s just a shame it took relegation to get there.

You need players to be able to play football in order to appoint a manager in order to make them play that way. It’s far easier saying than doing otherwise everyone would be doing it. You are also assuming that whoever replaced him in the transfer market would be successful, even though every single club outside the top 6 of the Premier League fails at it eventually.

Think that is a rose tinted and unrealistic view. Otherwise you could say “imagine if someone else made better decisions” to absolutely any scenario and by that reckoning we should never be relegated and be one of the best teams in the land. What we achieved under his guidance was already incredible, to knock that because you wanted even more isn’t really a fair standpoint given it was our most successful period in our history as it is.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:15 - Aug 7 with 1069 viewsShaky

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 08:47 - Aug 7 by jack247

The concern is that the club is still financially somewhat in the shit.

If players like Clucas and Ayew don't shift, it is highly likely that Celinas and McKay will be offloaded next summer if they continue to perform.

The question then becomes is Potter's team in a position to rinse and repeat the same recruitment tricks again? And if so for which club?!!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:35 - Aug 7 with 1049 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:04 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

You need players to be able to play football in order to appoint a manager in order to make them play that way. It’s far easier saying than doing otherwise everyone would be doing it. You are also assuming that whoever replaced him in the transfer market would be successful, even though every single club outside the top 6 of the Premier League fails at it eventually.

Think that is a rose tinted and unrealistic view. Otherwise you could say “imagine if someone else made better decisions” to absolutely any scenario and by that reckoning we should never be relegated and be one of the best teams in the land. What we achieved under his guidance was already incredible, to knock that because you wanted even more isn’t really a fair standpoint given it was our most successful period in our history as it is.

Genuine question, was you happy with Jenkins overlooking transfers?
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:37 - Aug 7 with 1046 viewsomarjack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:35 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

* were

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:46 - Aug 7 with 1034 viewsE20Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:35 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

Of course. His transfers brought us the success you became accustomed to. It is his transfers that have everyone buzzing with excitement at what is to come.

Do I think he made errors? Of course, everyone does, including whoever would replace him, and whoever would replace them, then them and them and them ad infinitum.

The fact we stayed there for 7 years surpassing our wildest ever dreams while presiding over transfers which equaled a net transfer fee spend of c.£2m a season is incredible.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 9:48]

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:52 - Aug 7 with 1026 viewsjack247

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:04 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

I agree, you do. Though we had 3 new players starting plus Dhanda. We managed to play a lot of good football with 8 starters who were either here, or loaned out by us last season.

Genuinely wonder what would have happened if we had just about stayed up. I’d like to think we’d have gone down a similar route, been in a better position offloading players that didn’t fit the ethos and been able to replace them with better ‘footballing’ players.

In all likelihood though, Carlos would still be here and Jenkins would still be signing square pegs. Maybe relegation will actually end up being a good thing if it gets us back playing football and keeps him away from player recruitment.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:59 - Aug 7 with 1017 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:46 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

Of course. His transfers brought us the success you became accustomed to. It is his transfers that have everyone buzzing with excitement at what is to come.

Do I think he made errors? Of course, everyone does, including whoever would replace him, and whoever would replace them, then them and them and them ad infinitum.

The fact we stayed there for 7 years surpassing our wildest ever dreams while presiding over transfers which equaled a net transfer fee spend of c.£2m a season is incredible.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 9:48]

So what was your post about last summer?

<<What is becoming clear though is that Viera and Mesa were not Clement signings, same as Chadli, same as Allen and same as Bony.

I think the only say he had was Tammy Abraham as the outlay was minimal. Huw and Mr Moneyball certainly rate themselves higher at spotting a player than Clement, which is a concern. I noted how lazy this transfer seemed to be at the time, which makes sense given what has emerged since. >>

Honestly, I'm not going to get into another endless debate with you, I can't be bothered, but you honestly contradict yourself all of the time, depending on which way you want to spin an argument.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:04 - Aug 7 with 1005 viewsmagicdaps10

I must say, I was impressed with what I seen Saturday

BUT

It is the first game, throw in the fact that the squad is very thin, I am a little more cautious before I go screaming like a teenage girl at a magic mike show.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:07 - Aug 7 with 1001 viewsomarjack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:04 - Aug 7 by magicdaps10

I must say, I was impressed with what I seen Saturday

BUT

It is the first game, throw in the fact that the squad is very thin, I am a little more cautious before I go screaming like a teenage girl at a magic mike show.

This is the championship..most squads are thin..we are not to be expected to have 2 quality players in every position..and I'd say our depth is better than many other teams around us anyway.

But surely..caution is advised..Last time we felt optimistic was when we thrashed West Ham 4-1 and Andre had a superb game..our hearts were swelling with joy..we all know how that turned out.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024