Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm sorry 17:26 - Aug 9 with 2463 viewsTummer_from_Texas

that I ever sad anything positive or vouched for the intentions of Jason Levien, be it years ago.

This is a disgrace.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

I'm sorry on 17:27 - Aug 9 with 2411 viewsJackfath

Can you pop round his gaff and have a word?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I'm sorry on 17:28 - Aug 9 with 2400 viewsLeonWasGod

Dav knew
I'm sorry on 17:40 - Aug 9 with 2258 viewswaynekerr55

Not your fault Tumms

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

I'm sorry on 17:45 - Aug 9 with 2148 viewswindy_city_jack

This is a complete 180 from the feelings I had last Saturday.
I'm sorry on 17:45 - Aug 9 with 2133 viewsicecoldjack

No need to apologize, he suckered in half the stadium over the years, we even have people on here now sticking up for how the club is being run !

If it looks like a dog,barks like a dog then it normally is a dog, nobody that cares about the football club would sell to hedge fund investors from America, or indeed anywhere else, it's only going to mean one thing for a club like ours..the nest level 1.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jason was suckered in himself mind, Jenks and Co. had spent 18 months cooking the books/ making the balance sheet look good, in readyness for a sale, they spent all energy and effort in trying to sell the club rather than grow the club.

And so it came to pass, they found people who were willing to buy and not too fussed if it went pear shaped as they wern't actually putting in money themselves !!

And still some on here stick up for Jenks and Co. obviously suckered in a while back, plenty know how this was going to to end, IMO the trust also knew, how could they not ?
I'm sorry on 17:48 - Aug 9 with 2100 viewsCaptain_Sham

Whilst it seemed like we might getting Woods, things seemed ok. As rationally as I am able to look at this, today has been a nightmare. Has Amat actually left?

Its just a ride.

I'm sorry on 17:50 - Aug 9 with 2066 viewslondonlisa2001

I'm sorry on 17:48 - Aug 9 by Captain_Sham

Whilst it seemed like we might getting Woods, things seemed ok. As rationally as I am able to look at this, today has been a nightmare. Has Amat actually left?

It’s a loan I think, so doesn’t need to complete today.
I'm sorry on 17:52 - Aug 9 with 2011 viewsploppy

I'm sorry on 17:50 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

Isn't it the case that the deadline for loans/transfers to European clubs isn't today anyway?
Login to get fewer ads

I'm sorry on 17:53 - Aug 9 with 1997 viewshobo

I'm sorry on 17:48 - Aug 9 by Captain_Sham

Even with Woods it would have been a disaster day
I'm sorry on 17:53 - Aug 9 with 1983 viewsMrSwerve

I'm sorry on 17:52 - Aug 9 by ploppy

Isn't it the case that the deadline for loans/transfers to European clubs isn't today anyway?

Correct it applies to buying clubs.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

I'm sorry on 17:55 - Aug 9 with 1957 viewsCaptain_Sham

I laughed out loud when I saw we were getting £6m for Clucas. Got nothing for Ayew, £6m for Fede. The board have shyt their pants. Pure and simple.

Its just a ride.

I'm sorry on 17:56 - Aug 9 with 1929 viewsploppy

I'm sorry on 17:53 - Aug 9 by MrSwerve

Correct it applies to buying clubs.

European clubs can still sign players - including Premier League ones - until their respective deadlines later in the month.
I'm sorry on 18:00 - Aug 9 with 1889 viewsDarran

I'm sorry on 17:28 - Aug 9 by LeonWasGod

Dav knew

Of course he did he’s an intelligent man that was bullied off here for being American.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I'm sorry on 18:10 - Aug 9 with 1809 viewsJacketJack

I'm sorry on 18:00 - Aug 9 by Darran

Of course he did he’s an intelligent man that was bullied off here for being American.

Meanwhile I'm weighing taking in an away match this season rather than a trip to the Liberty because of those pukes
I'm sorry on 21:33 - Aug 9 with 1598 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I'm sorry on 17:45 - Aug 9 by icecoldjack

No need to apologize, he suckered in half the stadium over the years, we even have people on here now sticking up for how the club is being run !

If it looks like a dog,barks like a dog then it normally is a dog, nobody that cares about the football club would sell to hedge fund investors from America, or indeed anywhere else, it's only going to mean one thing for a club like ours..the nest level 1.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jason was suckered in himself mind, Jenks and Co. had spent 18 months cooking the books/ making the balance sheet look good, in readyness for a sale, they spent all energy and effort in trying to sell the club rather than grow the club.

And so it came to pass, they found people who were willing to buy and not too fussed if it went pear shaped as they wern't actually putting in money themselves !!

And still some on here stick up for Jenks and Co. obviously suckered in a while back, plenty know how this was going to to end, IMO the trust also knew, how could they not ?

I'm still more apt to blame Levien and Kaplan than Jenkins.

At least Jenkins did things right with the club mostly before my time (2003 to 2012 or so). I know most now don't want to give him any credit for all that success, but surely he deserves at least some of it?

Maybe, maybe not, but this nightmare which conveniently coincides with all the major happenings at DC United is enough to steer my fury in a very specific direction.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

I'm sorry on 21:44 - Aug 9 with 1450 viewslonglostjack

I'm sorry on 21:33 - Aug 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

At least Jenkins did things right with the club mostly before my time (2003 to 2012 or so). I know most now don't want to give him any credit for all that success, but surely he deserves at least some of it?

Maybe, maybe not, but this nightmare which conveniently coincides with all the major happenings at DC United is enough to steer my fury in a very specific direction.

Just seen this thread after posting on Levien’s video thread. Not your fault Tummer. We can all get taken in. Pre- Laudrup I thought Jenkins was the dogs bollocks. His and Morgan’s duplicity opened the door for the sharks.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

I'm sorry on 21:50 - Aug 9 with 1373 viewsjack247

Of course he deserves (and received) a lot of credit for that. And yes, he is probably just their puppet now, albeit a puppet who hand a big hand in some shambolic transfers.

What he and the rest of the sellouts should never be forgiven for is selling to them. It must have been pretty apparent they were incompetent chancers in it to make a quick buck.
I'm sorry on 21:50 - Aug 9 with 1371 viewsLeonWasGod

Oh don't worry, Huwbert is more than capable of fecking up. But I think you're right. Ultimately if this is Huw's doing (which I don't think it is solely), but if it is then Levien and Kaplan should be doing something about it. They're in charge. So either they're involved and crap. Or they're not involved and not managing Huw properly, so they're equally crap.

Verdict? Levien and Kaplan are crap.
I'm sorry on 22:05 - Aug 9 with 1273 viewsFireboy2

I'm sorry on 18:10 - Aug 9 by JacketJack

Meanwhile I'm weighing taking in an away match this season rather than a trip to the Liberty because of those pukes

Im doing a few more aways this year

Was thinking of coming down for the bristol city game but having second thoughts now
I'm sorry on 23:10 - Aug 9 with 1126 viewsJJJack

Firstly - obviously not your fault but fair play for admitting your mistake in being taken in by L&K.
What is your view on U.S. owners of football clubs in the U.K. in general? Personally I think they've all been disastrous (particularly Lerner at Villa and the owners at Sunderlnad) with the possible exception of the current Liverpool owners. I'm not entirely sure why but I suspect that the massive differences over here versus U.S. sports - noticeably the fact that promotion & relegation exists, the global coverage & interest in football and the differences in the way clubs here are allowed to operate - are the main factor. Undoubtedly there must be owners of U.S. sports clubs that are scrupulous, intelligent and willing to speculate to accumulate.
However, this just doesn't happen when they buy British clubs. It seems to me that they have only started even attempting to buy clubs here since the larger TV deals came in (post 2000 or so) and that therefore it's predominantly, if not purely, money-driven. Unfortunately, simply buying a mid-sized British football club is NOT necessarily a way of making cash , at least not in the short or medium term. L&K seem to have failed to heed the failures of their countrymen elsewhere and been late to the party , meaning they bought "a dud". Thoughts??

I agree with you that Jenkins did wonders for the Swans and as much as he & the board made a horrendous error in selling to L&K , they are certainly worthy of credit overall . I honestly believe that given their time again (and if MM hadn't needed the cash so desperately) they would have sold to somebody more fitting and this mess may have been diverted......but on that, sadly, we'll never know.
I'm sorry on 00:14 - Aug 10 with 982 viewstheloneranger

I'm sorry on 17:50 - Aug 9 by londonlisa2001

I think he's signed for Real Vallecano on a 4 year deal

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024