Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds Fan In Peace 14:56 - Aug 19 with 20303 viewsCjay

Hello Swansea fans

Last season i decided it would be interesting to visit some of our rival teams forums for a chat

Then i post it on our forum, and anyone who fancies a read can.

Just your view on a few things regarding your club.

New signings, new manager, how you have started the season, how you think the season will go for you and finally how you see the match on Tuesday going.?

Any responses greatly appreciated

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34686
It will go here for anyone who is interested
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 15:01]
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:47 - Aug 19 with 2413 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:43 - Aug 19 by felixstowe_jack

We don't own the stadium only lease it from the counail. The American board are trying to sue the council to put the defects right.

Well thats good atleast.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:50 - Aug 19 with 2403 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 19:10 - Aug 19 by perplex

Our club is now owned by a pair of professional fleecers who have our chairman and other board members on there payroll, they cleverly twist things with careful wording whilst pocketing millions, unfortunately we have a gullible and weak minded fan base where many of them believe what they are told while, the ones who have a pretty good idea of what is going on protest by complaining on here.

No actual evidence they have pillaged the club funds. No divdens have been paid for the last two seasons at least. As it is public company they cannot dip their hands in the till. It will be interesting to see the next club account.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 21:18 - Aug 19 with 2334 viewsCjay

Will answer my own questions to, only seems fair (Leon can to, its only polite)

New signings.
Pretty happy so far, we desperately needed a striker, Bamford has a decent record and seems to fit in with what Bielsa wants in a forward, mobile, hard working, decent technically. Needed a left back, couldnt ask for better then probably the best left back in the league last season in Barry Douglas. Added some potentially decent loan players, Lewis Baker, Jamal Blackman and Jack Harrison, its not been to bad. That being said like you it seems, we have a paper thin squad, especially in the cb area and in the dm area. I am hoping that we will correct this, because without doing so i would be very concerned especially given the amount of games we play between now and Xmas.

New Manager
We are not worthy, to take 10 of last seasons players, add Barry Douglas and then tear 2 of the pre season promotion favourites apart was an exceptional feat of coaching and tactical knowledge. The way he has us playing is joyful, i wouldn't be arrogant enough to say its the best football a Championship team hse ever played, but its got to be close, some of the passing moves from back to front wouldnt look out of place in the Champions League. Concerned of course though about his reputation, a bit unpredictable, a tactical style that can have players totally burned out in March, but cant worry about that now, just got to enjoy it while it lasts and hope it lasts long enough.

How you have started the season.
Same as above really, the performances have been at times far to good for this league, quite a few of our goals start deep in our own half, either from the goalkeeper or from winning it back there or a throw, whatever, but we start there and in seconds we have scored and the opposition didnt touch the ball once, its lovely. Not perfect, as you know from the passing styles you used and Potter uses it can be very worrying, mistakes happen, and every instinct in you as a Brit yells (HOOF IT), but we dont, very rarely do we just hoof it, if we do its into the channels where we may win it back, its a tactical hoof i suppose. But we did see some vulnerability vs Rotherham, we really should have been behind at half time, and that maybe was a bit of a wake up call for us fans, the players and the manager.

How do you think the season will go.
A lot depends on luck, we need key players to stay fit (like all teams of course), we need the players to be able to keep up the intensity and the style, if they can then we can win the league, i really never thought id say that. But with some luck, with the right preparation, if we can be consistent and play the way we have been then we are good enough to win the league. That being said if things dont go our way, if injuries start, if we dont get the 2 or 3 loans we need in, then we may fall away quite fast. Bielsa wont change his style, thats good, but it really is an all or nothing style, either it works or it doesnt, your not going to fluke many wins playing the way he does. So i think we could win the league, but if i had to give a prediction id say playoffs this season, which wouldn't be a bad season at all, something to build on.

How you see the match on Tuesday going.
Ive only seen you guys once this season, that was Birmingham, and i thought you were very bad, one of the most one sided 0-0 ive seen. Because of that though i can only base my opinions on that game (which may be entirely wrong and maybe you were brilliant in every other game, i dont know). We arent as big and strong as Birmingham, but our movement and organisation is far better, our pressing is far more coordinated i suppose is the word, you can see that Bielsa has drilled our players in what he expects more then Monk at Birmingham. That being said, you have pace out wide, if you can get in behind our full backs who always push on then we can be caught out, if you press our defenders then we can be forced into errors, it happened vs Rotherham and a few other times in other games to, we have definitely got mistakes in us. On the other hand, at times as mentioned before we have passed through a team from one end to the other very quickly and scored. So, its hard to predict, we may not be as good as we have been, you may be far better then you were vs Birmingham. But, we have always created chances, every game, lots of them, Derby and Stoke could have been 6, Bolton in the cup could have been 4, Rotherham could have been 4 or 5-2 or 3, we will create chances, and we probably will give you some to.

The teams who will really cause us worries arethe direct ones, big strong physical teams who go long, i think we will do well against teams like you who want to play football.

After this long winded explanation, i think we will win.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 21:27]
Leeds Fan In Peace on 22:09 - Aug 19 with 2259 viewsAl_Bundy

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:31 - Aug 19 by jasper_T

No, we have a very new team made up of signings and players that weren't featuring much or at all last season.

The point Cjay was making that we have signed lots of players which we clearly have not.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 22:10 - Aug 19 with 2258 viewsElmo

Fabulous in-depth analysis Cjay - thanks for offering invaluable insight for GP and the team !
We'll out-pass you and exploit the gaps out wide. A real test for GP - lets see how he sets up

Cjay has set the standard for footballing insight on this forum

Breath of fresh air, cheers
Leeds Fan In Peace on 03:09 - Aug 20 with 2144 viewsSTID2017

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:28 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Nope not Welsh.

West Midlands based, although I've been to Wales if that helps

I've been to Sheffield and Birmingham - does that make me a Yorkshireman or a Brummie ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Leeds Fan In Peace on 03:34 - Aug 20 with 2135 viewsWanderer

I am curious if Matt Grimes will start, sometimes these out of left field (pardon the pun) decisions can be a stroke of genius or more often than not blow right up in your face.

it must have gone through GP's mind, does the lad want it? does he want to ram the abuse down the Leeds supporters throats? or does he prefer the sub's 10 minute role?

Whatever, will be worth a view to see where we stand with this lad one way or t'other.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 10:27 - Aug 20 with 2032 viewsCatullus

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:41 - Aug 19 by peenemunde

Leeds are a big club with big support.
I was on holiday as a youngster the day they got promoted at Bournemouth.
Their fans smashed Bournemouth to pieces, god knows how many fans they had there, thousands upon thousands without tickets.

If you'd been around in 1981 you'd have have heard of many similar incidents, like when we beat them 5-1 at the Vetch and I left to ground to discover they'd smashed the quadrant up.....a few pubs and other places too. There were a few thousand of them here then, I don't expect anything similar on Tuesday though, hopefully!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds Fan In Peace on 10:33 - Aug 20 with 2029 viewsbryncochjack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:05 - Aug 19 by Bloodyhills

I wonder if it was because Chico Flores threatened to brain Monk with a brick during training and he thought it best to get rid of the tempestuous Spanish.

And this was the moment Monk orchestrated his purge and bid for managerial glory. If only the "tempestuous Spanish" had stayed .
Leeds Fan In Peace on 11:41 - Aug 20 with 1965 viewsperplex

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:50 - Aug 19 by felixstowe_jack

No actual evidence they have pillaged the club funds. No divdens have been paid for the last two seasons at least. As it is public company they cannot dip their hands in the till. It will be interesting to see the next club account.

You seem to be very naïve, these guys do not produce evidence mun they are far to clever and have ways to produce accounts which are different to what is actually written down, this is there profession, it`s what they do, and they are very good at it, they must love guys like yourself the Neville Chamberlain`s of this world so to speak.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 11:43]
Leeds Fan In Peace on 11:47 - Aug 20 with 1953 viewsjasper_T

Leeds Fan In Peace on 11:41 - Aug 20 by perplex

You seem to be very naïve, these guys do not produce evidence mun they are far to clever and have ways to produce accounts which are different to what is actually written down, this is there profession, it`s what they do, and they are very good at it, they must love guys like yourself the Neville Chamberlain`s of this world so to speak.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 11:43]

Incompetent one minute, geniuses the next, whenever it suits the narrative.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:31 - Aug 20 with 1913 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 22:09 - Aug 19 by Al_Bundy

The point Cjay was making that we have signed lots of players which we clearly have not.

Yes, that is what i thought originally.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:34 - Aug 20 with 1903 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 22:10 - Aug 19 by Elmo

Fabulous in-depth analysis Cjay - thanks for offering invaluable insight for GP and the team !
We'll out-pass you and exploit the gaps out wide. A real test for GP - lets see how he sets up

Cjay has set the standard for footballing insight on this forum

Breath of fresh air, cheers

If Potter needs an Assistant i have plenty of Football Manager experience.

3 time consecutive World Cup winner with England
Became the Most Successful manager ever with Leeds including 11 Champions Leagues.
Won the Prem 2 times with Peterborough
La Liga, Bundesliga, League 2 1 and Championship and Prem, Serie C up to A.
All of this before i was out of my teens
I am very experienced, just saying
Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:35 - Aug 20 with 1898 viewsCjay

Leeds Fan In Peace on 03:34 - Aug 20 by Wanderer

I am curious if Matt Grimes will start, sometimes these out of left field (pardon the pun) decisions can be a stroke of genius or more often than not blow right up in your face.

it must have gone through GP's mind, does the lad want it? does he want to ram the abuse down the Leeds supporters throats? or does he prefer the sub's 10 minute role?

Whatever, will be worth a view to see where we stand with this lad one way or t'other.

He was probably the most uesless midfielders ive seen at Leeds for a very long time, and ive seen Eunan O'Kane.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:04 - Aug 20 with 1865 viewsLoyal

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:07 - Aug 19 by Cjay

Be fun then

Im not from Leeds though, so any Yorkshire banter will pass over my head, i dont own a flat cap or a ferret

You are welcome to call round on your wY to the game and anally invade my pet sheep 'Lawro'.... He won't mind where the fck your from.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:08 - Aug 20 with 1857 viewsLoyal

Leeds Fan In Peace on 18:45 - Aug 19 by JoshTheJack

And a couple of u23 players and thats it.oh and Declan John.

Did we really pay 800k.for him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:20 - Aug 20 with 1835 viewsjasper_T

Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:08 - Aug 20 by Loyal

Did we really pay 800k.for him.

£400k rising to £800k if we do well I'd heard.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:32 - Aug 20 with 1820 viewsLoyal

Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:20 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

£400k rising to £800k if we do well I'd heard.

Unbelievable.

Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:45 - Aug 20 with 1795 viewsdobjack2

Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:32 - Aug 20 by Loyal

Unbelievable.

We can ship out olssen as well now
Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:51 - Aug 20 with 1787 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:34 - Aug 20 by Cjay

Became the Most Successful manager ever with Leeds including 11 Champions Leagues.

Which versions of Fifa was that?
Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:52 - Aug 20 with 1785 viewsWarwickHunt

Leeds Fan In Peace on 12:34 - Aug 20 by Cjay

Hello, Huw.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:55 - Aug 20 with 1780 viewsjasper_T

Leeds are going to be dead good in the next FM.

Unless we batter them tomorrow.
Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:58 - Aug 20 with 1773 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leeds Fan In Peace on 13:52 - Aug 20 by WarwickHunt

Hello, Huw.

This guy is good . I bet he could sell upvc cladding and guttering products and all.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leeds Fan In Peace on 14:01 - Aug 20 with 1762 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Leeds Fan In Peace on 15:03 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

This will be interesting.

I'll give you a quick breakdown though:

Our owners are greedy bastards who are ruining our club.

You ferret / pigeon fiddling, flat cap wearing c*nt.

Your club isn't famous / big anymore.

We only needed 10 men.

Your manager is nuts and you'll run out of steam.

I anticipate you will get variants of all those posted above.

Leeds started well last year, your fans got over excited and were soon crying when you faded as usual.

I am really looking forward to the game, but win lose or draw, it's too early to get excited, 10 games and we will all know where we are !!!
Leeds Fan In Peace on 14:07 - Aug 20 with 1748 viewsMo_Wives

Leeds Fan In Peace on 20:26 - Aug 19 by Cjay

I'm a big boy, i'll be ok

Yeah, but you'll be an old boy by the time the thread finishes.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024