Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Premier League 08:02 - Aug 22 with 3878 viewsMagic_Michu

I’m loving this season in The Championship so far, being able to play exciting, attacking, fearless football with the chance to achieve something in this league.... and the championship just feels to have more soul.

Whilst the Premier League was fun with its novelty for the first couple of seasons... the last few years of losing most weeks, playing awful football just to try and barely survive were not enjoyable.

And it was the Premier League that created the opportunity for the AmericN parasites to
come in and rip out the soul of our club.

I’m not too sure I want to go back to that... purely being in a league where to total realistic ambition is to stay up because of the money involved... having a team full of mercenaries.

Can we just win the championship and decide not to get promoted?! 😂

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

The Premier League on 09:46 - Aug 22 with 2575 viewsdcd14

Feck the PL.

There's a lot to be said about enjoying games!
The Premier League on 09:53 - Aug 22 with 2550 viewshammy

Was saying something similar to my son last night, after the game. If we play like we did last night then we have every chance of winning the league, but that would come with the "turmoil" of getting promoted to the PL. The proverbial rock and a hard place :)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The Premier League on 09:57 - Aug 22 with 2531 viewsmonmouth

Well I want to be back there, but playing the same way and keeping the same model even if we go down again. No more ‘shape’ men.

This team needs a year of development first. It’s a strange feeling. I think it would almost certainly be detrimental to go up this year, but I’d love us to piss the league.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Premier League on 09:57 - Aug 22 with 2529 viewsSwansNZ

Big IF, but if we did go up, we could try playing good football, not just the defensive/negative shit we played under the last few managers.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Premier League on 09:57 - Aug 22 with 2529 viewsdcd14

The Premier League on 09:53 - Aug 22 by hammy

Was saying something similar to my son last night, after the game. If we play like we did last night then we have every chance of winning the league, but that would come with the "turmoil" of getting promoted to the PL. The proverbial rock and a hard place :)

Me and the old man were saying the same.

However with Potter maybe we could go back to the old days in the PL.
The Premier League on 10:21 - Aug 22 with 2469 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Premier League on 09:57 - Aug 22 by SwansNZ

Big IF, but if we did go up, we could try playing good football, not just the defensive/negative shit we played under the last few managers.

Yes.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Premier League on 10:47 - Aug 22 with 2416 viewshammy

The Premier League on 09:57 - Aug 22 by dcd14

If we did get promoted then would hope so … lessons learnt and all that.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The Premier League on 10:52 - Aug 22 with 2392 viewsAce_Jack

I'm just enjoying leaving a game and wishing we could play the the next one straight away.

We won't play well every game as the Birmingham drudge shows but the first 3/4 games have been great. It's been years since I absolutely could not wait until Saturday 3pm after a game we played well in and didn't win.
Login to get fewer ads

The Premier League on 10:52 - Aug 22 with 2389 viewsjackjackjackjack

It would be good if the top 6, or whatever, buggered of to a European league, and left the rest us to play amongst ourselves.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

The Premier League on 10:52 - Aug 22 with 2388 viewsUxbridge

The Premier League on 09:57 - Aug 22 by monmouth

Well I want to be back there, but playing the same way and keeping the same model even if we go down again. No more ‘shape’ men.

This team needs a year of development first. It’s a strange feeling. I think it would almost certainly be detrimental to go up this year, but I’d love us to piss the league.

A lot of people were saying that last night and, whilst I get it, we can't really turn down any opportunity. Plus the potential budget is massive in comparison.

The PL is pretty average, outside the top few, we saw that last year. It would have required some bravery to take the approach we are now in the PL, but we used to be a brave club. The fear factor of relegation gripped the club from top to bottom.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Premier League on 10:55 - Aug 22 with 2373 viewsswanforthemoney

Steady on with the promotion talk. We are two injuries (VDH and Oli) away from being a very lightweight and mediocre side.

I stand in the North Stand

The Premier League on 11:24 - Aug 22 with 2278 viewsAce_Jack

The Premier League on 10:55 - Aug 22 by swanforthemoney

Steady on with the promotion talk. We are two injuries (VDH and Oli) away from being a very lightweight and mediocre side.

There's also the matter of 42 other league games that we need to win
The Premier League on 11:44 - Aug 22 with 2227 viewsLord_Bony

The Premier League on 11:24 - Aug 22 by Ace_Jack

There's also the matter of 42 other league games that we need to win

Well whatever happens,it's plain to see we are not going to just drop out of the championship ,Stoke look a bit dodgy down there after splashing the cash heavily on improvements.

Best scenario is we will go up again but I have to say,I was dreading it at first the Championship because I can remember some boring spells in the lower leagues.

I can honestly say,I am now really enjoying it here,it seems like a breath of fresh air after all that seat of the pants stuff year after year in the PL just trying to hold on.

Feel much more relaxed now and enjoying the football again. Was the first game of the season I went to last night,really really enjoyed it.

Wouldn't bother me that much if we spent another season here before getting promoted. Even the Leeds fans last night were saying before the game this will be their toughest fixture so far this season,we do have a lot of respect still in this league.

Footballs coming home.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Premier League on 17:13 - Aug 22 with 2064 viewsSirjohnalot

Even if we do go up and come down again, I’d like to try to keep the structure of the team that got us promoted, play the same type of attaching football and if we go down, hey, we go down, but we keep the same philosophy and hopefully the same nucleus, young players, promote from within.

If going down every 3-4 years means a clean out then so be it. If we do get promoted this year, that may take away some of the fear of relegation and the courage to avoid the boring, defensive play we saw all too often.
The Premier League on 17:32 - Aug 22 with 2010 viewsFireboy2

I think the secret weapon is graham potter

Back him and we will do well

Over to you board

Btw i feel exactly the same

Looking forward to every game knowing we have a chance to win
The Premier League on 17:35 - Aug 22 with 2003 viewspencoedjack

The Premier League on 09:57 - Aug 22 by dcd14

I agree although if we were promoted no doubt Potters stock would be pretty high & there would be a few clubs after his services.

Anyway it’s a long hard season .... but like others I’m enjoying it
The Premier League on 18:02 - Aug 22 with 1984 viewsCatullus

The Premier League on 10:52 - Aug 22 by Uxbridge

A lot of people were saying that last night and, whilst I get it, we can't really turn down any opportunity. Plus the potential budget is massive in comparison.

The PL is pretty average, outside the top few, we saw that last year. It would have required some bravery to take the approach we are now in the PL, but we used to be a brave club. The fear factor of relegation gripped the club from top to bottom.

Is the money really that important? To us as fans surely not? All we did was blow fortunes on players who didn't care and didn't try.
I said several times I'd enjoy the championship more and so far so good. When you spend tens of millions just to avoid relegation, isn't it better to spend much less and have more fun?
Face facts, no matter how well we did, no matter how much we spent, under the current rules we have hardly any chance of breaking into the top 6 and no matter what, because of FFP even if a billionaire took us over it would take years to be able to increase our spending to the necessary amounts unless we broke the rules, I say that because (and I could easily be wrong) aren't you only allowed to raise spending by 10% year on year?
Being in the EPl simply because of the money is not a great idea for me. We should be there to compete and, as competing with the top 6 (or realistically the top 3/4) is a once in a decade event, what is the great fuss?
I'm happier seeing good football, I'd take the championship and having a good cup run more regularly over the drufdgery that the EPL became.
I have looked at several sources online. neutrals were praising last nights game and one even said how much better it was than the EPL, players giving it a go, good football and a better atmosphere than most EPL grounds.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Premier League on 18:26 - Aug 22 with 1940 viewsairedale

Enjoying the match day much more now, and the crowd were buzzing walking out last night.
The Premier League on 18:27 - Aug 22 with 1932 viewsbyron

The Premier League on 18:02 - Aug 22 by Catullus

Is the money really that important? To us as fans surely not? All we did was blow fortunes on players who didn't care and didn't try.
I said several times I'd enjoy the championship more and so far so good. When you spend tens of millions just to avoid relegation, isn't it better to spend much less and have more fun?
Face facts, no matter how well we did, no matter how much we spent, under the current rules we have hardly any chance of breaking into the top 6 and no matter what, because of FFP even if a billionaire took us over it would take years to be able to increase our spending to the necessary amounts unless we broke the rules, I say that because (and I could easily be wrong) aren't you only allowed to raise spending by 10% year on year?
Being in the EPl simply because of the money is not a great idea for me. We should be there to compete and, as competing with the top 6 (or realistically the top 3/4) is a once in a decade event, what is the great fuss?
I'm happier seeing good football, I'd take the championship and having a good cup run more regularly over the drufdgery that the EPL became.
I have looked at several sources online. neutrals were praising last nights game and one even said how much better it was than the EPL, players giving it a go, good football and a better atmosphere than most EPL grounds.

Interesting, exactly what I was telling you all just after you went down but did you listen? The fug u did. It’s a great league, sounds like you are all enjoying it, compared to the last 3 years anyway.
The money league isn’t all that, you just pay players more and pray you finish out if the bottom three. It’s good to mix it up and the top 7 aside you are never safe.
Also, told you Leeds weren’t all that.....I rest my case.

Benny

The Premier League on 18:36 - Aug 22 with 1923 viewsUxbridge

The Premier League on 18:02 - Aug 22 by Catullus

Of course, to the fans that money means nothing. But it does mean we can bring in better players, better facilities etc.

I'm enjoying this season more than anything in a good few years though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Premier League on 19:31 - Aug 22 with 1810 viewssainthelens

The Premier League on 18:27 - Aug 22 by byron

Interesting, exactly what I was telling you all just after you went down but did you listen? The fug u did. It’s a great league, sounds like you are all enjoying it, compared to the last 3 years anyway.
The money league isn’t all that, you just pay players more and pray you finish out if the bottom three. It’s good to mix it up and the top 7 aside you are never safe.
Also, told you Leeds weren’t all that.....I rest my case.

And how the fck can you comment? You don't go to any games.
The Premier League on 19:35 - Aug 22 with 1799 viewsFlashberryjack

We've played 4 games in the championship, first half against Sheffield was terrible, Second half against Preston we were shyte, against Birningham we were f*cking awful.
With the exception of last nights excellent performance against Leeds, we've been pretty poor, even though our points tally is good compared to performance.

I thoroughly enjoyed our time in the PL, to see the club you've supported all your life (most of it in the lower divisions) play along side some of the top clubs in the world has been a wonderful experience.

Yes, the bad games out weighed the good games, but I tend to send the bad ones to the back of my memory bank and savour and recall the feelings I had when we've just humbled some of the most famous clubs in the world.

I know everyone has differing opinions (to which they're entitled) but it does sadden me to read some fans saying they're happy being in the championship rather than the aforementioned.

I don't know, but just maybe Dylan Thomas was right.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Premier League on 19:53 - Aug 22 with 1751 viewsNeath_Jack

Promotion, with a record points haul and goals scored.
Play this football in the Premier League.
Don't get sucked into the signing expensive players.
Keep buying young hungry players.
Win the F.A Cup.
Play in Europe again.
Expect our managers and players to be poached by bigger clubs.
Accept that relegation of the monster that is The Premier League will happen again, maybe only after 1 or 2 seasons.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Premier League on 19:55 - Aug 22 with 1747 viewsDr_Winston

The Premier League on 19:35 - Aug 22 by Flashberryjack

We've played 4 games in the championship, first half against Sheffield was terrible, Second half against Preston we were shyte, against Birningham we were f*cking awful.
With the exception of last nights excellent performance against Leeds, we've been pretty poor, even though our points tally is good compared to performance.

I thoroughly enjoyed our time in the PL, to see the club you've supported all your life (most of it in the lower divisions) play along side some of the top clubs in the world has been a wonderful experience.

Yes, the bad games out weighed the good games, but I tend to send the bad ones to the back of my memory bank and savour and recall the feelings I had when we've just humbled some of the most famous clubs in the world.

I know everyone has differing opinions (to which they're entitled) but it does sadden me to read some fans saying they're happy being in the championship rather than the aforementioned.

I don't know, but just maybe Dylan Thomas was right.

Couldn't agree more.

Ten years ago we'd have dreamed of spending seven years in the top flight. These days we have people complaining about it. Mental.

Yes, the last few years were disappointing, but that was Huw Jenkins' fault, not the Premier League. If we can get back there this season playing decent football again then let's do it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Premier League on 19:57 - Aug 22 with 1740 viewsNeath_Jack

The Premier League on 19:55 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

Couldn't agree more.

Ten years ago we'd have dreamed of spending seven years in the top flight. These days we have people complaining about it. Mental.

Yes, the last few years were disappointing, but that was Huw Jenkins' fault, not the Premier League. If we can get back there this season playing decent football again then let's do it.

"If we can get back there this season playing decent football again then let's do it".

Will that be Huw's doing if we do?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024