Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man on pitch !!! 16:24 - Aug 25 with 11724 viewsbazzool

Was he looking for huw lol
Man on pitch !!! on 11:22 - Aug 26 with 2093 viewspeenemunde

Man on pitch !!! on 10:18 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Does anyone know the backstory/motive for the action this man took?

No. Stupid thing to do, but no harm was done and you could see he didn’t have any violent intentions.

So at a guess, I’d say heprobably had a few shandy’s and was just a prank.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 11:24]
Man on pitch !!! on 12:11 - Aug 26 with 2019 viewsWhiterockin

Man on pitch !!! on 11:22 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

No. Stupid thing to do, but no harm was done and you could see he didn’t have any violent intentions.

So at a guess, I’d say heprobably had a few shandy’s and was just a prank.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 11:24]

Prank or not I hope he gets the 3 year ban. As others have said we were attacking and it was detrimental to us.
Man on pitch !!! on 12:20 - Aug 26 with 1990 viewsWxmJax

Man on pitch !!! on 10:18 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Does anyone know the backstory/motive for the action this man took?

Do you think this was for JTAK 2 ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Man on pitch !!! on 12:26 - Aug 26 with 1967 viewsJackfath

Man on pitch !!! on 12:20 - Aug 26 by WxmJax

Do you think this was for JTAK 2 ?

I've got no idea. I wonder about the mentality of a pitch invader. What's the thought process?

"Right I'm going to run onto the pitch".

The next logical thought must be, when you're on there, what are you going to do? Evade the stewards - this would cause some hilarity for those watching, perhaps. This fool just ran on and stood there, arms aloft. Not even a banner saying something pithy.

Odd behaviour, especially considering the consequences.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Man on pitch !!! on 12:42 - Aug 26 with 1917 viewsdickythorpe

It's a strange thing to do nowadays what with all the breaches of security in big cities etc.
Maybe our stewards need more training? Very quick to spot flags obscuring advertising hoardings and telling people off for standing or taking time leaving.
Man on pitch !!! on 12:47 - Aug 26 with 1909 viewsJackfath

Man on pitch !!! on 12:42 - Aug 26 by dickythorpe

It's a strange thing to do nowadays what with all the breaches of security in big cities etc.
Maybe our stewards need more training? Very quick to spot flags obscuring advertising hoardings and telling people off for standing or taking time leaving.

Second person to encroach the field of play in two seasons. I said about the last one that it was lucky he had good intentions and didn't want to shank the player he eventually hugged. The usual suspects laughed it off as "bants".

It would only take one loon and there would be absolute carnage, live on TV.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Man on pitch !!! on 12:54 - Aug 26 with 1891 viewspeenemunde

Man on pitch !!! on 12:47 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

Second person to encroach the field of play in two seasons. I said about the last one that it was lucky he had good intentions and didn't want to shank the player he eventually hugged. The usual suspects laughed it off as "bants".

It would only take one loon and there would be absolute carnage, live on TV.

They should erect a 10 ft electric fence
Man on pitch !!! on 13:02 - Aug 26 with 1884 viewsJackfath

Man on pitch !!! on 12:54 - Aug 26 by peenemunde

They should erect a 10 ft electric fence

I was thinking more of stun guns for the stewards.

Login to get fewer ads

Man on pitch !!! on 13:16 - Aug 26 with 1854 viewsPozuelosSideys

Never understoof why football grounds dont have like a meter wide horizontal section of scramble/cargo net around the pitch. Nightmare to climb over, but also funny as fck watching drunks try to climb over it and onto the pitch

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Man on pitch !!! on 13:17 - Aug 26 with 1844 viewsjackal

Man on pitch !!! on 13:16 - Aug 26 by PozuelosSideys

Never understoof why football grounds dont have like a meter wide horizontal section of scramble/cargo net around the pitch. Nightmare to climb over, but also funny as fck watching drunks try to climb over it and onto the pitch

Bring it on.

More entertaining than some of the cr@p we've been watching.
Man on pitch !!! on 14:08 - Aug 26 with 1768 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Man on pitch !!! on 22:54 - Aug 25 by Fireboy2

This

Big fvcking style

Hes sh!te btw

Shows how bad how squad is when potter has to pick him in the starting 11

As he’s one of his signings he’s never going to be far away from the team at the moment.
The squad can’t be blamed for this one as he must have signed off on it at least
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 14:08]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Man on pitch !!! on 15:15 - Aug 26 with 1690 viewsjasper_T

Man on pitch !!! on 14:08 - Aug 26 by PatchesOHoulihan

As he’s one of his signings he’s never going to be far away from the team at the moment.
The squad can’t be blamed for this one as he must have signed off on it at least
[Post edited 26 Aug 2018 14:08]

Asoro was absolutely Potter & McCauley's pick. They'd been following him for years.

Have to question their judgement, Sunderland fans weren't excited by the idea of him starting for them in League One.
Man on pitch !!! on 15:19 - Aug 26 with 1671 viewsPhil_S

Man on pitch !!! on 15:15 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

Asoro was absolutely Potter & McCauley's pick. They'd been following him for years.

Have to question their judgement, Sunderland fans weren't excited by the idea of him starting for them in League One.

With the greatest of respect here would you take the view of Sunderland fans on an internet forum or a professional management team as a better indication of a players ability?
Man on pitch !!! on 15:24 - Aug 26 with 1653 viewsjasper_T

Man on pitch !!! on 15:19 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

With the greatest of respect here would you take the view of Sunderland fans on an internet forum or a professional management team as a better indication of a players ability?

When he's been as poor for us as he has so far I'm inclined to believe the Sunderland fans, yeah.
Man on pitch !!! on 15:32 - Aug 26 with 1618 viewsbarry_island

He's 19, every chance he will improve.

If we had a squad I suspect he'd be on the bench most weeks.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Man on pitch !!! on 15:43 - Aug 26 with 1574 viewsPhil_S

Man on pitch !!! on 15:24 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

When he's been as poor for us as he has so far I'm inclined to believe the Sunderland fans, yeah.

He was applauded after Sheffield United and was on the bench against Leeds

Was poor yesterday alongside 10 poor team mates

But you carry on
Man on pitch !!! on 16:10 - Aug 26 with 1511 viewslondonlisa2001

Man on pitch !!! on 15:43 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

But you carry on

9. Mulder couldn’t have done any more.

Rest of them were pretty poor if we’re honest. Some not as poor as others. Hard for youngsters to have the strength to do the weekend / midweek / weekend grind of the championship. Not their fault of course.
Man on pitch !!! on 16:21 - Aug 26 with 1493 viewsjasper_T

Man on pitch !!! on 15:43 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

But you carry on

We were deservedly losing 1-0 when he went off against Sheffield United.
Man on pitch !!! on 16:24 - Aug 26 with 1477 viewslondonlisa2001

Man on pitch !!! on 16:21 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

We were deservedly losing 1-0 when he went off against Sheffield United.

He’s a better bet than James at present and we can’t play (won’t play) Dyer, Routs and Narsingh.

#nosquadproblems
Man on pitch !!! on 16:30 - Aug 26 with 1458 viewsjasper_T

Man on pitch !!! on 16:24 - Aug 26 by londonlisa2001

He’s a better bet than James at present and we can’t play (won’t play) Dyer, Routs and Narsingh.

#nosquadproblems

We looked so much better with Connor on that wing running up and down like a maniac.

Could teach Asoro a few things about working hard and finding space to be effective. If only he could shoot.
Man on pitch !!! on 16:40 - Aug 26 with 1446 viewsPhil_S

Man on pitch !!! on 16:10 - Aug 26 by londonlisa2001

9. Mulder couldn’t have done any more.

Rest of them were pretty poor if we’re honest. Some not as poor as others. Hard for youngsters to have the strength to do the weekend / midweek / weekend grind of the championship. Not their fault of course.

Actually I'd go 11 as I dont think Montero or Grimes plays well either...

This post has been edited by an administrator
Man on pitch !!! on 16:41 - Aug 26 with 1442 viewslondonlisa2001

Man on pitch !!! on 16:30 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

We looked so much better with Connor on that wing running up and down like a maniac.

Could teach Asoro a few things about working hard and finding space to be effective. If only he could shoot.

Ah. But that would involve us playing Naughton when not absolutely essential...

Not going to happen yesterday.
Man on pitch !!! on 16:43 - Aug 26 with 1429 viewslondonlisa2001

Man on pitch !!! on 16:40 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

Actually I'd go 11 as I dont think Montero or Grimes plays well either...

This post has been edited by an administrator

Fair point if we’re including subs I agree with you.

Although I think Grimes was marginally better than Carroll who took ineffectiveness to a whole new level of ineffective.
Man on pitch !!! on 16:59 - Aug 26 with 1404 viewsjasper_T

Man on pitch !!! on 16:41 - Aug 26 by londonlisa2001

Ah. But that would involve us playing Naughton when not absolutely essential...

Not going to happen yesterday.

There's also the option to let Celina play further forward (Ipswich mostly used him wide left iirc) and stick another body in midfield to help out the "lightweights".

Our goal threats need to be playing as far forward as possible but Celina and McBurnie are having to drop a lot deeper when Asoro is involved, and he's not doing enough business himself to justify it.

He might have potential but that's not really helping the team at the moment.
Man on pitch !!! on 17:02 - Aug 26 with 1393 viewslondonlisa2001

Man on pitch !!! on 16:59 - Aug 26 by jasper_T

There's also the option to let Celina play further forward (Ipswich mostly used him wide left iirc) and stick another body in midfield to help out the "lightweights".

Our goal threats need to be playing as far forward as possible but Celina and McBurnie are having to drop a lot deeper when Asoro is involved, and he's not doing enough business himself to justify it.

He might have potential but that's not really helping the team at the moment.

McBurnie was poor yesterday. He was dropping back rather than looking for space. Even Trundle criticised it.

Celina was also poor yesterday, although I like him a lot from what I’ve seen so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024