Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No loans coming in? 14:04 - Aug 30 with 30379 viewsSwansea93

Potters press conference l

I counted today that our squad is about 27 or 28 players so from a numbers perspective I think we are okay. Injuries can affect you at any level and make starting XI different. I don’t see it is as light as you think. We will need a bit of luck we are okay numbers wise

If no-one else comes in, is it finances or football?

“It’s a bit of both, I would count around 27 or 28 players who have indicated they want to be here. That’s a lot of players and I have to take them down to 11 and there will be guys who will still be disappointed not to make the 18. I had a player in Sweden where I had a young player who was in Fourth Division in Sweden and went on to play against Arsenal in Europa League. It’s about development.”
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:12]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No loans coming in? on 14:05 - Aug 30 with 6921 viewsjasper_T

Thanks, Graham
No loans coming in? on 14:09 - Aug 30 with 6868 viewsangryjack

If true it's disgraceful,these Yanks need to f@ck off sharpish,I really hope we go down if it means getting rid these kants,think Potter been sold down river as well,don't think he would have come here if he knew it was this bad
No loans coming in? on 14:10 - Aug 30 with 6849 viewskarnataka

No loans coming in? on 14:09 - Aug 30 by angryjack

If true it's disgraceful,these Yanks need to f@ck off sharpish,I really hope we go down if it means getting rid these kants,think Potter been sold down river as well,don't think he would have come here if he knew it was this bad

Maybe he likes a challenge? The more difficult, the better?
No loans coming in? on 14:11 - Aug 30 with 6843 viewsLandore_Jack

An absolute disgrace. FFS!

#backtojack

No loans coming in? on 14:13 - Aug 30 with 6801 viewsMogzzy9

Tuned in to that also. He's admitted to the fact that he believes we are thin in some areas but believes the 27/28 man squad is ok enough to compete. We for a fact need another striker and we need to strengthen in midfield and a CB.
I agree with you that he has been lied to in taking the job. I also believe that he isn't the first manager that has been lied to by our board.

[img]http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/giannis-zographos/british-football-club/128/Swansea-City-icon.png[/img]

No loans coming in? on 14:17 - Aug 30 with 6744 viewsLeonWasGod

We've certainly got the numbers if we drag bodies in from the development squad. Quality now is a whole different matter.

Good to see us focussing on development though rather than signing overpaid misfits. I think I'd rather this way round even if it could take a while to get up to speed.
No loans coming in? on 14:18 - Aug 30 with 6729 viewsTailGunner

No loans coming in? on 14:13 - Aug 30 by Mogzzy9

Tuned in to that also. He's admitted to the fact that he believes we are thin in some areas but believes the 27/28 man squad is ok enough to compete. We for a fact need another striker and we need to strengthen in midfield and a CB.
I agree with you that he has been lied to in taking the job. I also believe that he isn't the first manager that has been lied to by our board.

He's been crapped on - as have we.
No loans coming in? on 14:19 - Aug 30 with 6701 viewsangryjack

No loans coming in? on 14:17 - Aug 30 by LeonWasGod

We've certainly got the numbers if we drag bodies in from the development squad. Quality now is a whole different matter.

Good to see us focussing on development though rather than signing overpaid misfits. I think I'd rather this way round even if it could take a while to get up to speed.

Be too late mate the championship is a gruelling season playing against experienced pros the lack of quality and experience will come back and bite us
Login to get fewer ads

No loans coming in? on 14:26 - Aug 30 with 6650 viewsthornabyswan

I genuinely think he is ok with it.
What I don't get is why we signed the 2 wingers when we are so short elsewhere.
1 fit striker and CM is lightweight bar Fer.
We are getting bullied out of games Birminham Bristol Preston 2nd half Leeds after Fer went off.
If Ollie or Fer get injured we are in big trouble.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

No loans coming in? on 14:30 - Aug 30 with 6601 viewsAce_Jack

What if it gets us relegated?

Realistically, is our under 23 side good enough to survive in the Championship? That's the question thats going to define our season.
No loans coming in? on 14:35 - Aug 30 with 6556 viewsdobjack2

We’ll have an idea where we stand in this division by the end of September as other teams have been strengthening their squads in this window.
No loans coming in? on 14:35 - Aug 30 with 6552 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Potter has been handed two pieces of bread and a pile of poo and the owners are asking him to come up with something that isn't a sh1t sandwich.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

No loans coming in? on 14:38 - Aug 30 with 6523 viewsChief

So much for the party line touted by the usual clowns on here following the shambles of last deadline day - that the window hadn't shut or its still open.

As I suspected, complete bullshyte. The window was shut for us.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

No loans coming in? on 14:49 - Aug 30 with 6423 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No loans coming in? on 14:30 - Aug 30 by Ace_Jack

What if it gets us relegated?

Realistically, is our under 23 side good enough to survive in the Championship? That's the question thats going to define our season.

Unless they can mature quite a bit, I doubt if they are good enough, although defensively we are doing reasonably well.
But even there we are pretty light.
Our problem since Michu & Bony has been a prolific goal scorer and as yet that hasn't changed.
Which means we will probably losr quite a few games by just one goal because although we contain the other side for most of the game we still aren't taking our chances well enough.
No loans coming in? on 14:51 - Aug 30 with 6404 viewsMo_Wives

No loans coming in? on 14:35 - Aug 30 by Joe_bradshaw

Potter has been handed two pieces of bread and a pile of poo and the owners are asking him to come up with something that isn't a sh1t sandwich.

Let's hope the man is an artist then because I think you'll find many works of art in the Tate modern made from the same.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 14:52]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

No loans coming in? on 14:55 - Aug 30 with 6375 viewsshandyjack

No loans coming in? on 14:09 - Aug 30 by angryjack

or maybe just maybe, Potter is happy with the squad as it sits with Bony in it. 28 players in the squad is quite big tbh, if Bony stays then i think we will only be short 1 CM, and if thats Mulumbu then happy days.

Poll: Expectation for the season

No loans coming in? on 14:57 - Aug 30 with 6352 viewslonglostjack

No loans coming in? on 14:55 - Aug 30 by shandyjack

or maybe just maybe, Potter is happy with the squad as it sits with Bony in it. 28 players in the squad is quite big tbh, if Bony stays then i think we will only be short 1 CM, and if thats Mulumbu then happy days.

A big maybe. Just last week he stated that we were edging closer to a few loan signings.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

No loans coming in? on 14:57 - Aug 30 with 6344 viewsdobjack2

No loans coming in? on 14:49 - Aug 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Unless they can mature quite a bit, I doubt if they are good enough, although defensively we are doing reasonably well.
But even there we are pretty light.
Our problem since Michu & Bony has been a prolific goal scorer and as yet that hasn't changed.
Which means we will probably losr quite a few games by just one goal because although we contain the other side for most of the game we still aren't taking our chances well enough.

For too long teams have had easy games against us because we don’t look like creating much and don’t put away that chance if it comes.
No loans coming in? on 14:58 - Aug 30 with 6329 viewsHeadmaster

No loans coming in? on 14:55 - Aug 30 by shandyjack

Bony will not be staying. Mulumbu is joining Celtic. Honestly, these owners could relegate us to League One and there would still be people queuing up to defend them.
No loans coming in? on 15:02 - Aug 30 with 6287 viewsdobjack2

No loans coming in? on 14:57 - Aug 30 by longlostjack

A big maybe. Just last week he stated that we were edging closer to a few loan signings.

Edging closer.... we’ll still be edging closer to them in February
No loans coming in? on 15:02 - Aug 30 with 6284 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

No loans coming in? on 14:58 - Aug 30 by Headmaster

Bony will not be staying. Mulumbu is joining Celtic. Honestly, these owners could relegate us to League One and there would still be people queuing up to defend them.

Only 1 or 2.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

No loans coming in? on 15:02 - Aug 30 with 6283 viewsshandyjack

No loans coming in? on 14:58 - Aug 30 by Headmaster

i'm not in any way defending them, i'm stating that Potter seems reasonably happy with the squad, people keep saying he's been sold a pack of lies etc, yet not once has he indicated he is anything less than happy with the situation

Poll: Expectation for the season

No loans coming in? on 15:03 - Aug 30 with 6263 viewsMrSwerve

Of course we were never going to being in 4 or 5 quality loans after the transfer window shut. I said at the time that we'd be lucky to bring one in, possibly two at the absolute maximum if we were lucky. Looks like I was right, unfortunately.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Potter. He looks to be a top coach in the making, and we're lucky to have him considering the mess we're in.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

No loans coming in? on 15:06 - Aug 30 with 6229 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

No loans coming in? on 15:02 - Aug 30 by shandyjack

i'm not in any way defending them, i'm stating that Potter seems reasonably happy with the squad, people keep saying he's been sold a pack of lies etc, yet not once has he indicated he is anything less than happy with the situation

Potter does not seem the type to shout his mouth off, there is nothing to gain for him if he did as he is not in control of the decisions about the volume of in and outs.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

No loans coming in? on 15:12 - Aug 30 with 6165 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No loans coming in? on 14:57 - Aug 30 by dobjack2

For too long teams have had easy games against us because we don’t look like creating much and don’t put away that chance if it comes.

But we are creating more chances now, but still not taking enough of them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024