Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. 08:39 - Sep 15 with 10198 views_

So far it's been evident that it's the strength and diversity of our squad that's brought us the successes we've had.

I really do know we're light in some areas but hear me out.

When I've tried to pick a starting eleven I really struggle. For one I can't find a natural place for Naughton but I really want him in the team. We've seen him play centre half, right back, right midfield and supporting the attack already this season. Connor Roberts has played further up as well.

Celina can play at ten or on the wings, Olsson could play further forward. The players we've got still to stake a claim are all attack minded but they could easily, in this division, adapt to a different position. I know Routs could do a job at number 10, he's even filled in at wing back. Grimes has too as well as coming on against Preston to shore up the game.

McBurnie played all over the park against Millwall to help the team but still popped up with a goal and we have some deadly weapons if we can get the walking wounded fit.

Dhanda has impressed in cameos and cup games, he's not able to get in the starting team and we haven't had any minutes from Carter Vickers who we know can play in at least 2 positions.

This league isn't of great quality but we have some proper footballers in our ranks. Like the side that coined the phrase Total Football, we've got the players that can play all over the pitch in most positions.

So much to like so far, let's hope we can keep the momentum from Millwall going today.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:54 - Sep 15 with 1898 viewsNeathJack

If a sign of our strength is having Kyle Naughton in midfield, then I'm done here.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. (n/t) on 21:01 - Sep 15 with 1837 viewsmahoss

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 21:06 - Sep 15 with 1827 viewsmahoss

The game was abysmal.
We are abysmal,we can't string 3 passes together,the plus point is the rest of the league are just as bad as us !
Much more of this rubbish and the crowds will start to drop believe me,people have had enough.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 21:08 - Sep 15 with 1825 viewsLeonWasGod

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:54 - Sep 15 by NeathJack

If a sign of our strength is having Kyle Naughton in midfield, then I'm done here.

Total Football mun 😉

Comes to something when he wasn't the weak link in there too. Strength in depth my arse.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:26 - Sep 15 with 1732 viewsBadlands

Mixed emotions - we were awful today but Forest, who are being tipped by many to get promotion, were almost as bad.
Let's be honest neither side looked like they had a snows chance in hell of scoring.

It is a shame Potter is having to make so many changes act game because the core needs to be stable and others need to get used to playing together.

Successful rotation won't come from putting out different combinations all over the pitch every game because of injuries and having subs forced on you during games because of weak refereeing.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:32 - Sep 15 with 1729 viewsexiledclaseboy

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:44 - Sep 15 by builthjack

We were seriously awful today. Strength? 3 or 4 played well.

I don’t think we were awful. I thought it was a typical championship game between two typical championship teams. It wasn’t a good game by any stretch but I’ve seen a lot worse. I’d say Potter picked today’s team with more than half an eye on the away games coming up at Stoke and Middlesbrough. That’s what happens when the owners of the club leave the manager with a paper thin and massively unbalanced squad. I think Potter is working near miracles at the moment and today was a point gained.

Poll: Tory leader

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:43 - Sep 15 with 1693 viewsBadlands

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:32 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

I don’t think we were awful. I thought it was a typical championship game between two typical championship teams. It wasn’t a good game by any stretch but I’ve seen a lot worse. I’d say Potter picked today’s team with more than half an eye on the away games coming up at Stoke and Middlesbrough. That’s what happens when the owners of the club leave the manager with a paper thin and massively unbalanced squad. I think Potter is working near miracles at the moment and today was a point gained.

I'd be seriously unimpressed if Potter had one eye on two difficult away games to the point of not getting the best from his squad in a game at home and very winnable.
If he has and we and up with 1 point from 3 instead of 3 from 3 then he isn't the manager I expected him to be.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:51 - Sep 15 with 1682 viewsexiledclaseboy

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:43 - Sep 15 by Badlands

I'd be seriously unimpressed if Potter had one eye on two difficult away games to the point of not getting the best from his squad in a game at home and very winnable.
If he has and we and up with 1 point from 3 instead of 3 from 3 then he isn't the manager I expected him to be.

My point was that we have three big games in seven days and a small, eviscerated and unbalanced squad. Potter is making silk purses out of sows’ ears at the moment amd he should be commended for the fine job he’s doing, not second guessed.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 23:24 - Sep 15 with 1617 viewsjasfan

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:51 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

My point was that we have three big games in seven days and a small, eviscerated and unbalanced squad. Potter is making silk purses out of sows’ ears at the moment amd he should be commended for the fine job he’s doing, not second guessed.

Good post.

Taking into account the number of players leaving and joining the club, the lack of cover in key positions and also player injuries, then he's doing an excellent job in those circumstances.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 23:26 - Sep 15 with 1610 viewsbermudajack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 22:51 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

Straight to the point...today was League 1 standard at best...

absolutely nothing positive to say about our performance, two shots on target in 90 mins, fans leaving in their droves with 10 mins left on the clock...

We never looked like scoring today, lightweight squad with continued unexplained absences, McBurnie on the LW and Asoro down the middle with McKay on the right was desperatly trying to hide the lack of creativity from midfield.

If Potter is really happy with this performance today like he said... then the boos at FT will get louder 😳

And if no one heard them...🙉🙈

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 23:39 - Sep 15 with 1584 viewsswan65split

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 23:26 - Sep 15 by bermudajack

absolutely nothing positive to say about our performance, two shots on target in 90 mins, fans leaving in their droves with 10 mins left on the clock...

We never looked like scoring today, lightweight squad with continued unexplained absences, McBurnie on the LW and Asoro down the middle with McKay on the right was desperatly trying to hide the lack of creativity from midfield.

If Potter is really happy with this performance today like he said... then the boos at FT will get louder 😳

I would agree with most of that, lightweight, the crowd.
The boos I think were at the ref, absolutely terrible, but it looks like teams have realised we are easily "handled roughly"

My thought though, we didnt give in defended well, pity we didnt blood some of those players in the last 8 games last year instead of playing the "stars", you never know could have been playing Chelski today instead.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 23:41 - Sep 15 with 1583 viewslondonlisa2001

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 23:26 - Sep 15 by bermudajack

I was thinking earlier (re your League 1 standard comment), that overall the standard in this division is lower than I thought it would be. Quite a lot lower to be honest. I remembered it being better than this. Maybe it’s that being in the premier league for so many years has made me forget, or maybe it is worse than it was.

Whatever, I think today is actually the standard of the championship, not league 1. We were mediocre I thought, particularly second half (Celina gives us a spark that is otherwise lacking). But another game where we picked up a point which is all good.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 00:06 - Sep 16 with 1556 viewsJinxy

We really need to have more patience. We are where we are, and I'll repeat yet again that this is a long term thing - no quick fix. We are slowly getting our identity back - I'm enjoying watching us for the first time in a long time. Every week, GP learns more and more about his squad, and how he can deploy and develop them - both individually and collectively.

Fans booing? They're not fans - seriously - go elsewhere! How about just cheering them on eh? Oh and once again, yes, Naughton played well, seriously and obviously.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 03:28 - Sep 16 with 1472 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 19:54 - Sep 15 by NeathJack

Make sure you are and do us all the courtesy of holding your hands up in the air and your tail between your legs because twice in the last week I've made you look the idiot you are.

We get it, you're done with looking for positives, even trough, miraculously we're in the play off zone after 7 games, you're only interested in chasing me around a message board looking to score points.

Naughton coming into DM is exactly what this thread was all about and whilst they edged today's game we still came away with a very hard earned point.

Twm, you're hopeless boy

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 03:31 - Sep 16 with 1471 views_

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 00:06 - Sep 16 by Jinxy

We really need to have more patience. We are where we are, and I'll repeat yet again that this is a long term thing - no quick fix. We are slowly getting our identity back - I'm enjoying watching us for the first time in a long time. Every week, GP learns more and more about his squad, and how he can deploy and develop them - both individually and collectively.

Fans booing? They're not fans - seriously - go elsewhere! How about just cheering them on eh? Oh and once again, yes, Naughton played well, seriously and obviously.

This is a great post. Top marks.

I always remember Martinez begging for calm when we first went up to the Championship, saying his players would need to learn and grow into the league. It's exactly what's happening now but the big difference now is our fans have become a bunch of spoilt kunts

Fack off and do something else with your weekends.

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 04:13 - Sep 16 with 1458 viewsE20Jack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 03:31 - Sep 16 by _

I always remember Martinez begging for calm when we first went up to the Championship, saying his players would need to learn and grow into the league. It's exactly what's happening now but the big difference now is our fans have become a bunch of spoilt kunts

Spot on.

You can see it on here. There is a desire to do well on the surface with the obvious elephant in the room of the suppressed desire to explode into negativity, if the first point is proving difficult then the latter needs no encouragement to come to the surface, it’s there in a heartbeat.

One of our strengths as a club was our intelligent and understanding fanbase of what was trying to be achieved on the pitch. Our last 7 years has attracted or even worse transformed people into spoilt, demanding upstarts with no clue about the club or its aims.

That may sting to read, but everyone knows it’s true whether they care to admit it or not.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 06:42 - Sep 16 with 1441 viewsangryjack

That's just a papering over the cracks argument,,every team up and down the country will have versatile players who will play wherever they asked it's because we got too that's the worrying aspect not that we want to,
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 08:06 - Sep 16 with 1404 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 23:41 - Sep 15 by londonlisa2001

I was thinking earlier (re your League 1 standard comment), that overall the standard in this division is lower than I thought it would be. Quite a lot lower to be honest. I remembered it being better than this. Maybe it’s that being in the premier league for so many years has made me forget, or maybe it is worse than it was.

Whatever, I think today is actually the standard of the championship, not league 1. We were mediocre I thought, particularly second half (Celina gives us a spark that is otherwise lacking). But another game where we picked up a point which is all good.

With all the ball Forest had today they should have put 3 or 4 past us. They apparently spent 30 million to get to be that bad. An Unbelievably sh*t and incompetent performance from them (thankfully).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 08:12 - Sep 16 with 1398 viewsBillyChong

Total football? Yesterday was anything but. Very poor standard of football. The game was as dull as dishwater at times.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 08:31 - Sep 16 with 1371 viewsjackal

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 12:41 - Sep 15 by pencoedjack

Stopped reading at ‘I really want Naughton in the side’

I think Naughton is an asset in the Championship.

This is his level. He's got the experience we desperately need.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:15 - Sep 16 with 1325 viewscostalotta

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 03:31 - Sep 16 by _

Yeah, but I thought it was at the start of his first full season in charge. We were picking up points just like now but then mid October we exploded into life. We played very well on a Tuesday night home game and got a 1 nil win but then following weekend and weekend after slammed a few teams (Bournemouth away was one of the games).

It also happened when BR took over. First month or so of the season was a bit bi polar. Then we started to win and play well. I was at Watford and even though they nearly nicked a point of us after us winning 3 nil I came away thinking we’ve got a very good chance of going up.

Of course the big differences between those two periods and now is fan expectation and a inexperienced and unbalanced squad. Not saying we are and cannot work towards our aims Andy Potter certainly is doing an admirable job. But back then we had a board that did everything they could to improve the squad. I’m not 100% that’s happening. Time is needed yes and IMO the gas will give it to Potter and the players. I don’t think the same commodity will be extended to the board.
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:28 - Sep 16 with 1305 viewsLoyal

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 10:56 - Sep 15 by _

Most of our players can play in different positions and late in games teams can't get to grips with who's popping up in different places.

I find it hard to pick a starting 11 or second guess what Potter may go for. The 25/1 is to win it and any team will need a fair amount of luck to come top, but 7 and a half to 1 to go up is decent value I think.

The reason why you find it difficult is Potter has the same dilemma. We are going to see more of Naughton in midfield this week I'm sure. He is clearly going to prefer Declan John at the back as options are limited. He is clearly not in to footballers who play one position and due to his limited options I agree has to coach the players accordingly in tactical changes. This is an incredible mindset to have and reflects his open mind to change and affective learning.

I for one can't believe how lucky the club are to have him as the boss, he has more potential and promise than any manager we have had before in my opinion.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:41 - Sep 16 with 1287 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:28 - Sep 16 by Loyal

The reason why you find it difficult is Potter has the same dilemma. We are going to see more of Naughton in midfield this week I'm sure. He is clearly going to prefer Declan John at the back as options are limited. He is clearly not in to footballers who play one position and due to his limited options I agree has to coach the players accordingly in tactical changes. This is an incredible mindset to have and reflects his open mind to change and affective learning.

I for one can't believe how lucky the club are to have him as the boss, he has more potential and promise than any manager we have had before in my opinion.

Last paragraph in particular is spot on. I genuinely fear Potter leaving for a club that's able to help him realise his full potential.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 10:11 - Sep 16 with 1237 viewsangryjack

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 09:28 - Sep 16 by Loyal

Won't be here long fact
Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 10:27 - Sep 16 with 1217 viewsjack247

Total Football - Our strength is in our squad rotation. on 10:11 - Sep 16 by angryjack

Won't be here long fact

There’s always the possibility he’s here longer than the owners.

He isn’t going to like it if we lose more players in January and don’t replace and is almost certainly going to attract interest, but he does seem the type that looks at it as a project more than a job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024