Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? 18:33 - Sep 24 with 5060 viewsJackfath

Great. So we get promoted, but what next?
What would the board do?
How can they ensure we stay competitive in the Premier League, stay up and not break the bank?
Are we destined to become a "yo-yo" club for evermore?

Personally I'm quite happy to reinvent ourselves in this league for a couple/few seasons.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 18:50 - Sep 24 with 2587 viewsjack2jack

I agree entirely with your last sentence, and to be honest I'd be happy with that, the last few years have been a pig on the pitch,painful at times, let's take a breather and go again.
As for the backroom shinnanagins,who knows,I really don't want to go there yet again.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:06 - Sep 24 with 2570 viewsAguycalledJack

I recently had this conversation in work.

My mate said happy in championship as we are in with a chance of being more competitive and winning more games. I then pointed out the irony that being more competitive and winning more games could mean promotion.

Everybody in sport including fans wants to be at the highest level. That in this country for football is the premiere league. If the premiere league was only about football then great, sadly it’s not.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:16 - Sep 24 with 2538 viewsOldjack

We got no money to spare ,never will have so what;s the point . The owners can;t be trusted .

We beaten them all bar one at some time in the recent past ,those dull kants up the road will never be able to say that .
Championship is our level i'm afraid

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:19 - Sep 24 with 2526 viewskrunchykarrot

Great. So we get promoted, but what next? We will struggle big time or invest in mercenaries to struggle and come back down.
What would the board do? Eventually invest in mercenaries taking over team as there is no other way.
How can they ensure we stay competitive in the Premier League, stay up and not break the bank? Build a spine of quality young players who can keep us there until they are lured away, keep investing big time in academy.
Are we destined to become a "yo-yo" club for evermore? Yes other than maybe 8 teams all teams are.
Personally I'm quite happy to reinvent ourselves in this league for a couple/few seasons. Jackfath I agree entirely which means playing our youngsters and backing them. I cant understand why posters are having a pop at current players. Fer and Naughton are at a level where they can use experience Bony might with a bit of luck lend a foot. And Potter is excelling so if there is any cash make sure we tie him to the club long term.

Nice to have a post with no politics and talk football.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:22 - Sep 24 with 2511 viewsTenbySwan

I've been thinking the same. The atmosphere this season is so much better.

The only ones that gain in the Premier league are the owners with tv money etc.

I met a guy a couple of weeks ago who used to have a ST. He told me he's got a ST at Cardiff now, but he'll " still go and see Swansea if they get good again" I couldn't bleeding believe it !

I say even if we win it - stay down !
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:26 - Sep 24 with 2483 viewsjack2jack

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:22 - Sep 24 by TenbySwan

I met a guy a couple of weeks ago who used to have a ST. He told me he's got a ST at Cardiff now, but he'll " still go and see Swansea if they get good again" I couldn't bleeding believe it !

Reading that third paragraph, has just made my eyes bleed.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:27 - Sep 24 with 2492 viewsplasjack

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:16 - Sep 24 by Oldjack

We got no money to spare ,never will have so what;s the point . The owners can;t be trusted .

We beaten them all bar one at some time in the recent past ,those dull kants up the road will never be able to say that .
Championship is our level i'm afraid

Unless we get a mega rich owner like Man City, you are correct, also they were an average club historically.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:28 - Sep 24 with 2485 viewsJackfath

So the next part to this is about our near neighbours. They clearly are going to come down, BUT they have bought a squad who when they do come down they could keep and go again the following season.

Regardless of ones hatred for them, have they, this time, judged it right and is this the way forward for us?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:42 - Sep 24 with 2447 viewskrunchykarrot

Why talk about other clubs whoever they are Jackfath is asking about SCFC. The formula for staying up long term is there for everyone to see, pointless going up without a chance of staying.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:42 - Sep 24 with 2446 viewsplasjack

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:28 - Sep 24 by Jackfath

So the next part to this is about our near neighbours. They clearly are going to come down, BUT they have bought a squad who when they do come down they could keep and go again the following season.

Regardless of ones hatred for them, have they, this time, judged it right and is this the way forward for us?

No, their promotion was lucky, and was like watching a Wimbledon tennis match most of the time.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:47 - Sep 24 with 2432 viewscmajack

Personally don't think the owners are that keen on us being in the premier league. In the time they have been here all they have seen is average players bought for huge sums of money, players on massive wages and agents getting paid ridiculous bonuses. Add to that we have been fighting the drop every season since they bought the club. Attendances have only dropped slightly and i think for a very small outlay (compared to premier league) they can have a competitive team winning some matches. They will make their money on selling the likes of rodon, celina perhaps or whoever else becomes valuable for them.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:58 - Sep 24 with 2392 viewsjasper_T

This squad can come a long way in a season. If we prove good enough to go up then the kids will be alright for a go in the PL. We won't have done it playing percentage football with pros at (or beyond) the peak of their powers.

We'd have a lot to spend as well, since our starting wage bill will be so low.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:59 - Sep 24 with 2390 viewsawayjack

I’m enjoying the championship but would love promotion. If it boiled down to the play off final would any fan honestly say they’d want us to lose? No way. It would be one hell of an achievement by Potter and his group of young players.

Off the field it would give the club a chance to sort a lot of the issues out. The Owners would have the chance of a return without damaging the club. The alternative of trying to scrape some return from championship income has all sorts of risks.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 20:00]
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 20:11 - Sep 24 with 2353 viewsbyron

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:28 - Sep 24 by Jackfath

Sshhhh....thought it was a secret, there’s me hoping we’d blow 150 million and pray. Yo yo ing these days between these two leagues is fine by me. I remember the late 80’s all to well, 3000 fans, clapping 3 passes, think we paid 15k for jimmy gilligan, and that was a big deal. Some of our more recent fans at both clubs are clueless.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 20:13]

Benny

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 20:16 - Sep 24 with 2328 viewsbyron

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:26 - Sep 24 by jack2jack

Reading that third paragraph, has just made my eyes bleed.

Plastics eh? How does one switch colours? Although I’ve heard quite a few rumours about those in the no mans land switching

Benny

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 20:27 - Sep 24 with 2304 views_

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 18:50 - Sep 24 by jack2jack

I agree entirely with your last sentence, and to be honest I'd be happy with that, the last few years have been a pig on the pitch,painful at times, let's take a breather and go again.
As for the backroom shinnanagins,who knows,I really don't want to go there yet again.

Not true, we had some bloody great moments in the last 3 years. Staying up under Guidloin was great, staying up with Clement was up there among our best times in the EPL. In fact, we've not had a better haul of points from a half season.

And all this pitting our wits aginst some of the worlds best, certainly in the best league.

Everyone just loves a moan though....

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 20:30 - Sep 24 with 2302 viewsjack247

They won’t. They play turgid wars of attrition every week and were lucky in a lot of games last season. It was like a dumbed down version of Leicester winning the Premier League.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 20:31 - Sep 24 with 2297 views_

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 19:22 - Sep 24 by TenbySwan

I wouldn't believe it either. Dear God.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 20:33 - Sep 24 with 2286 views_

I don't think that team of cloggers and anti-football clowns will come back up again

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 20:54 - Sep 24 with 2247 viewsbyron

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 20:33 - Sep 24 by _

I don't think that team of cloggers and anti-football clowns will come back up again

That’s a bit harsh, Leroy fer can play a bit, no doubt he’s still on big wages tho. You are right though, I reckon you will go down again before you come up.

Benny

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 20:54 - Sep 24 with 2243 viewskarnataka

On balance, I would always prefer to be in the top division. I know the last few seasons have been turgid but most of that is down to poor recruitment and I don't just mean signing mercenaries, it's been as much about signing the wrong type of player. Good scouting and good connections is not just about turning up the occasional gem like Michu, it's about building a squad full of the right type of player to create a cohesive team that is greater than the sum of the individuals and can give any team a good game. If we eventually go back up and start signing the wrong type of player and a stream of mercenaries again, exactly the same thing will happen again. It doesn't have to be that way and I think the team who seem to be proving that at the moment are Watford.
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 21:19 - Sep 24 with 2189 viewsjack2jack

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 20:27 - Sep 24 by _

Not true, we had some bloody great moments in the last 3 years. Staying up under Guidloin was great, staying up with Clement was up there among our best times in the EPL. In fact, we've not had a better haul of points from a half season.

And all this pitting our wits aginst some of the worlds best, certainly in the best league.

Everyone just loves a moan though....

Just saying it as I saw it, bloody opinions getting in the way again, I give up😉
No your right, some great escapes, some great matches, but the writing was on the wall towards the end, no point going over old ground, as I said let's regroup and go again, if that gives us promotion fine, if we stay in the championship a few seasons fine as well, sorry if it comes across as moaning, just keeping it real.👍
What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 21:32 - Sep 24 with 2158 viewslonglostjack

I don’t buy into this staying down a couple of seasons to regroup. The football world is dog eat dog and our talent will be snapped up by teams further up the food chain. I just want us to win every game and get as far up that food chain as possible.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 21:33]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 21:44 - Sep 24 with 2115 viewsPacemaker

Oddly enough I was talking to one of the boys in work who is a long time Cardiff fan. He was really depressed and couldn't see where a win was coming from, he thought that they may have a strategy of yo yoing between the leagues slowly improving the squad in a bid to stay up eventually.

He said he could see Warnock staying on as Tan trusts him and he hasn't spent any money relatively speaking compared to Malky.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 21:45]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

What happens if against all the odds we get promoted? on 21:54 - Sep 24 with 2083 viewsPacemaker

I have to say that up until the end of the Laudrup era I had a slightly surreal view of the Premier league, I was just getting used to the championship.

I never felt part of the PL it just felt unreal that we were there, I enjoyed the journey but the last few years were just keeping our heads above the water.

If we can create our own new team of mostly home grown players with that ability to play for the club with pride and passion that will do for me.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024